Lab Rats Current Public Release (v1.0, 27/11/17)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Lab Rats Current Public Release (v0.6.1, 23/4/17)

Postby Darthjake » Sun May 14, 2017 1:35 am

Save the game before going in during the afternoon, when you get the "They are out, but you can get in" message Save in a different slot and search Steph's desk, she has the code written down... sometimes... I wish it was less RNG but atm that's what we have to play with, hopefully once the game is more fleshed out searching for this kind of stuff will improve greatly.

Still all in all, a great game, keep up the great work!
Darthjake

Postby vrengames » Mon May 15, 2017 7:33 am

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know there's a new patron reward for anyone who was supporting me at the Donator level. The Lab Rats Art Book contains a collection of works I've commissioned from artists over the last few weeks and put together into a small Ren'py gallery program I've written. The images are for patrons only, but in the spirit of Lab Rats I'm releasing the code for the gallery itself for anyone who wants to use it for private or commercial purposes.

If you're a patron you can check out the Art Book here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/lab-rats-art-11204478
Otherwise, more information and the download link for the image viewer is available here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-patron-lab-11204505
vrengames

Postby vrengames » Fri May 26, 2017 9:36 am

v0.7.0 has just been released to patrons for bug testing! The public version will be released in a weeks time once everything has been polished up. This update ended up being a lot larger than I thought it would be when I started working on it, adding 35 000 words and 200 new images to the game. It's the largest addition of content to the game we've seen so far, and comes with a pile of bug and spelling fixes thanks to some awesome members of the community.

If you're a patron you can find the download link here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/v0-7-0-is-live-11376495

And here's the changelog for the new version, going from v0.6.1 to v0.7.0:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

- Added "hub" scene for Mom.
- Added "hub" scene for Nora.
- Added "hub" scene for Stephanie.
- Added "hub" scene for Alexia.
- Lowered resistance reduction from minor scenes to account for new hub scenes.
- Rolled in a very large number of spelling and grammer corrections. Thank you to Regardie on the LoK forums for his help.
- Added notification that your decisions at the end of the game will influence your endings.
- Changed taskbar icon.

- Getting to the bathroom early is now only possible during the week when Mom and Lily are in a rush.
- Fixed sex counter not increasing properly in a major scene.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes.
- Fixed incorrect images being shown for one ending.
- Fixed resistance being incorrectly reset after red or purple serum use.
- Fixed Lily's masturbation scene options being switched.
- Fixed small typo in morning bathroom options.
- Fixed an extra day being added to the game (121 playable days instead of 120).
- Minor UI update to display day as day/120 instead of just day.
- Fixed error with endings not returning to menu properly.
- Fixed bug with some of Alexia's images displaying the incorrect image.
- Fixed error with how Resistance reduction was being calculated for threesome scenes.
- Fixed bug that allowed Alexia to show you pictures she hadn't taken yet.
vrengames

Postby vrengames » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am

v0.7.1 is ready and available to everyone! You can find the download link here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/11532281

This version of the game adds four new "hub" scenes, one for Mom, Nora, Stephanie, and Alexia. These are large branching scenes that give you more control over how you interact with the girls, and that change dramatically as your influence over them increases.

The android version is currently being tested and will be released in a week once the bugs have been worked out of it.

Here's the changelog for the new version, going from v0.6.1 to v0.7.1:

- Added "hub" scene for Mom.
- Added "hub" scene for Nora.
- Added "hub" scene for Stephanie.
- Added "hub" scene for Alexia.
- Lowered resistance reduction from minor scenes to account for new hub scenes.
- Rolled in a very large number of spelling and grammer corrections. Thank you to Regardie on the LoK forums for his help.
- Added notification that your decisions at the end of the game will influence your endings.
- Changed taskbar icon.
- Updated UI components to be more easily readable.
- Updated notebook to provide more information about what Influence and Resistance mean.
- Added a warning when a girls resistance score has reached an unusually high level.

- Getting to the bathroom early is now only possible during the week when Mom and Lily are in a rush.
- Fixed sex counter not increasing properly in a major scene.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes.
- Fixed incorrect images being shown for one ending.
- Fixed resistance being incorrectly reset after red or purple serum use.
- Fixed Lily's masturbation scene options being switched.
- Fixed small typo in morning bathroom options.
- Fixed an extra day being added to the game (121 playable days instead of 120).
- Minor UI update to display day as day/120 instead of just day.
- Fixed error with endings not returning to menu properly.
- Fixed bug with some of Alexia's images displaying the incorrect image.
- Fixed error with how Resistance reduction was being calculated for threesome scenes.
- Fixed bug that allowed Alexia to show you pictures she hadn't taken yet.
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats Current Public Release (v0.7.1, 2/6/17)

Postby CSLULJebaited » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:14 pm

How do you access the hub scenes for mom, nora, steph, and alexia? So far ive only been able to access the hub scene for sis.
CSLULJebaited
Newly Registered

Postby Regardie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:59 am

CSLULJebaited Wrote:How do you access the hub scenes for mom, nora, steph, and alexia? So far ive only been able to access the hub scene for sis.

Hub scenes are where you would expect to find them, someplace where you meet the girl alone. I will say that three of them only occur weekdays so that should narrow down the choices some.
Regardie

Postby Silverdragon » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Is it possible that using saves from the previous version makes errors in this version...because I had 2 undefined variables errors so far and had to switch back to the previous version?
Silverdragon

Postby hoboy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:12 pm

Silverdragon Wrote:Is it possible that using saves from the previous version makes errors in this version...because I had 2 undefined variables errors so far and had to switch back to the previous version?

Yes - you can assume 100% that old saves will not work, as hub scenes being added have to thread through the game and add variables throughout. Game is not a huge time sink, however, so not a waste of time getting caught up...actually more fun doing that as you get all the new scenes...
hoboy

Postby vrengames » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:36 am

v0.8.0 is finished and available to $5 patrons for testing. If you're already a patron, you can download it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/v0-8-0-is-live-11884476

v0.8.0 adds the ability to train any of the five girls to be a public slut. This has a number of affects, including unlocking content earlier, or unlocking content that cannot be accessed without the training. Girls are now more private by default, mostly limiting their sluttiness to you unless you train them otherwise. A number of minor scenes have been added to the game, to offset the content that is being moved under the new training.

Changelog (v0.7.1 to v0.8.0)

- Added the "public" tag to the game.
- Added training section to the notebook, reflecting the tags currently trained on a girl.
- Added "public" tag training scene for Lily.
- Added "public" tag training scene for Mom.
- Added "public" tag training scene for Stephanie.
- Added "public" tag training scene for Nora.
- Added "public" tag training scene for Alexia.
- Added alternate dialogue for many major and minor scenes if the girl has the public tag.
- Added some alternate scenes to some major and minor scenes if the girl has the public tag.
- Added a new minor scene for Lily. Involves playing video games in the afternoon.
- Added a new minor scene for Stephanie. Takes place at work.
- Added a new minor scene for Nora. Invovles texting her at night.
- Added two new favour purchases from Mom, one on the high and low infleunce menus.
- Expanded the strip section of Alexia's hub scene, specifically adding new public content.

- Modified multiple major scenes, raising influence requirement for top level and adding reduction for having "public" tag.
- Modified multiple major scenes, adding sections that require the "public" tag.
- Modified Mom/Lily ending action to better reflect your actions throughout the game.
- Fixed some minor bugs, typo's, and incorrect image displays.
vrengames

Postby Nikoli » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Sounds awesome
Nikoli

Postby Shardoom » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 am

vrengames Wrote:v0.8.0 is finished and available to $5 patrons for testing. If you're already a patron, you can download it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/v0-8-0-is-live-11884476

v0.8.0 adds the ability to train any of the five girls to be a public slut. This has a number of affects, including unlocking content earlier, or unlocking content that cannot be accessed without the training. Girls are now more private by default, mostly limiting their sluttiness to you unless you train them otherwise. A number of minor scenes have been added to the game, to offset the content that is being moved under the new training.

Changelog (v0.7.1 to v0.8.0)

- Added training section to the notebook, reflecting the tags currently trained on a girl.
- Added alternate dialogue for many major and minor scenes if the girl has the public tag.
- Added some alternate scenes to some major and minor scenes if the girl has the public tag.
- Added a new minor scene for Lily. Involves playing video games in the afternoon.
- Added two new favour purchases from Mom, one on the high and low infleunce menus.
- Expanded the strip section of Alexia's hub scene, specifically adding new public content.

- Modified multiple major scenes, raising influence requirement for top level and adding reduction for having "public" tag.
- Modified multiple major scenes, adding sections that require the "public" tag.
- Modified Mom/Lily ending action to better reflect your actions throughout the game.

I am SO glad you've done this vren. You're fucking awesome dude.
Shardoom

Re: Lab Rats Current Public Release (v0.8.1, 25/6/17)

Postby vrengames » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:41 am

Get it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/12205679

v0.8.1 is ready for public release! It adds the first of several new "tags" to the game; special training you can give to a girl to enable certain scenes and endings. This update adds the "public slut" tag, along with a training scene and new minor scene for each girl, plus additions made to already existing scenes. The update adds 20 000 new words of dialogue and 75 new images to the game.

Change Log (v0.7.1 to v0.8.1)

vrengames

Postby hoboy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:05 am

Cool! I was ready to jump in again (3rd or 4th playthrough) and realized - how many more tags might we be seeing? With each tag you'll be threading text and tags throughout, so former saves will have issues, and a new play warranted. I'm willing to wait this out - unless I just can't stand it and will rush through to see the new stuff.

What other tags might be coming after public? Prostitution? Gokkun? Who knows? With it at version 0.8 maybe 2 more?
hoboy

Postby theredfear » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:15 am

It's been a while since I started a fresh playthrough, so can someone jog my memory: How do I get the Lab Door Code? I've repeatedly searched both Nora and steph's desks but it's never there. What do I need to do to make it appear, or has it moved location?
theredfear

Postby Darthjake » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 am

It's random from Steph's desk. It took me a few reloads to get it early on.
Darthjake

Postby vrengames » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:59 am

hoboy Wrote:Cool! I was ready to jump in again (3rd or 4th playthrough) and realized - how many more tags might we be seeing? With each tag you'll be threading text and tags throughout, so former saves will have issues, and a new play warranted. I'm willing to wait this out - unless I just can't stand it and will rush through to see the new stuff.

What other tags might be coming after public? Prostitution? Gokkun? Who knows? With it at version 0.8 maybe 2 more?

I wrote out a roadmap for the next few versions here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/roadmap-12246224

The short answer is 2 (Cum slut and Anal) are locked into the schedule, with a bunch of others in the nebulous future. Adding new tags (and new content in general) is all that's left to do in the game. Right now development is split between adding this content and working on Lab Rats 2, which is still in the early prototype phase. Development will shift from LR1 to LR2 over time, until I feel like LR1 is polished enough and content rich enough to call finished.
vrengames

Postby vrengames » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:47 am

Lab Rats v0.9.0 is out for testing, and adds a brand new location to the game. You can now invite girls to the beach (Once it's opened up, on day 40) and explore a bunch of new events that are based there. If you like girls in sexy swimsuits, this update may interest you!

On top of the new location, the update adds 10 new sex scenes, with a total of 35 000 new words and 160 new images added. That pushes the total word count for Lab Rats to over a *quarter million*!

If you are already a patron, you can find the download link here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/13178124

As always, a changelog going from v0.8.1 to v0.9.0

- Added beach location, unlocked on day 40 and available for the rest of the game.
- Added ability to invite people to the beach.
- Added major scene for Lily at the beach.
- Added major scene for Mom at the beach.
- Added major scene for Nora at the beach.
- Added major scene for Stephanie at the beach.
- Added major scene for Alexia at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Lily at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Mom at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Nora at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Stephanie at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Alexia at the beach.

- Darkened save page text to make it more legible.
- Fixed a few typos.

Enjoy!
vrengames

Re: Lab Rats Current Public Release (v0.9.1, 28/7/17)

Postby vrengames » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:07 am

Lab Rats v0.9.1 is out and available to everyone! The update adds a new beach location, along with 5 new major scenes and 5 new minor scenes set there. In total, it adds 30 000 words of dialogue and narration, and 125 new images. If you like girls in swimsuits, this is the update for you.

You can find the download links, including the android version, here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/13450787

The changelog going from v0.8.1 to v0.9.1:

- Added beach location, unlocked on day 40 and available for the rest of the game.
- Added ability to invite people to the beach.
- Added major scene for Lily at the beach.
- Added major scene for Mom at the beach.
- Added major scene for Nora at the beach.
- Added major scene for Stephanie at the beach.
- Added major scene for Alexia at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Lily at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Mom at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Nora at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Stephanie at the beach.
- Added minor scene for Alexia at the beach.

- Darkened save page text to make it more legible.
- Stopped the game looping on the last day (this bug just won't die!)
- Fixed a few typos.
vrengames

Postby dannub » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:30 pm

Cool update, but the major scenes at the beach are pretty interchangeable. You always just go to the changing room. It'd be more interesting if they were tailored to the girls' personalities. Like, Alexia fucks you in public, or Stephanie is propositioned by the two guys from volleyball and you have the option of watching her or joining in, maybe you fuck your mom or Nora in the parking lot, or something like that.

Also, a quick question: are there any plans to add more trainings to the girls? Like anal slut or prostitute?
dannub

Postby vrengames » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:49 am

dannub Wrote:Also, a quick question: are there any plans to add more trainings to the girls? Like anal slut or prostitute?

Yep, more training options are on the way (and will make up the bulk of the new content added to the game as it's finished up). Right now I'm working on v0.10, which will add the "cumslut" training tag.
vrengames

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects