[UNITY]Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms (14 Sep 2018)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [UNITY]Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms Text-based RPG

Postby Akkin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:23 pm

No need for an image, it's simple. I went to Menu, then Save, and I chose one of the boxes to save. Going back to back up, I noticed that there was nothing. By closing the game, and going back, I went into Load and there was nothing.

EDIT: To please even if I do not see what it will change.

Last edited by Akkin on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akkin

Postby MaraTDuoDev » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:28 pm

Akkin Wrote:No need for an image, it's simple. I went to Menu, then Save, and I chose one of the boxes to save. Going back to back up, I noticed that there was nothing. By closing the game, and going back, I went into Load and there was nothing.

oh right! Thats weird, let me look up that

btw are you using an old save or is a totally new game? anyhow, I'll check it
MaraTDuoDev

Postby Akkin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:45 pm

A new game.
Akkin

Postby MaraTDuoDev » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 am

Akkin Wrote:A new game.

uhmm it is very odd actually, i've been testing this for a while and i dont have an issue with saving or loading games uhmm, are you overwriting one build over the other? although i doubt that would create a problem for this.

Do you start the game as admin??
MaraTDuoDev

Postby FMC » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:23 am

Oh. To me it seemed like it was a lot of Dominant stuff since it seemed like you were making them your sex slaves when you Corrupted them. At least that's how I interpreted it. Basically, when you make them beg for you to give them release and you do what you want to them to give them that release, that's considered a bit dominant in my mind. xD Then again, I AM a huge submissive myself, so that's probably why I view what you have as being 'dominant' when it might just be neutral stuff. xD

Sorry to bother you. And at least for my game, I couldn't just normally chat with ANYONE except... uh, whatever that deer guy you can currently enslave is. I could date Abbadon as a female, but I couldn't just normally talk to him. That meant I couldn't corrupt Helena since I couldn't just talk to her, I could only sex her. Is that a problem with my choices or is that a bug?

Also, something that IS a bug is that I fully corrupted that deer guy in one save, then reloaded to see what purifying him would do (for once) but when I saved him on another save, he was already at 100 corruption according to the game, so I couldn't corrupt nor purify.

And, just a final note, I figured that's what Corrupting and Purifying would do; I just figured giving them freedom via corruption would make them take their sex when they wanted it. :P Also would fit them being chaotic and unpredictable, but I suppose I guessed wrong. xD

EDIT: While I'm here and talking to you, I might as well ask: Is there going to be a point where you can give your retainers items as well? For example, giving a dick growing potion to Helena or Abaddon, etc, or the female potion to Abaddon once you decided via storyline to make him a guy? Is that something being thought about much farther down the road?

PS: I love the sister so far. xD
FMC

Postby MaraTDuoDev » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 am

FMC Wrote:Oh. To me it seemed like it was a lot of Dominant stuff since it seemed like you were making them your sex slaves when you Corrupted them. At least that's how I interpreted it. Basically, when you make them beg for you to give them release and you do what you want to them to give them that release, that's considered a bit dominant in my mind. xD Then again, I AM a huge submissive myself, so that's probably why I view what you have as being 'dominant' when it might just be neutral stuff. xD

Sorry to bother you. And at least for my game, I couldn't just normally chat with ANYONE except... uh, whatever that deer guy you can currently enslave is. I could date Abbadon as a female, but I couldn't just normally talk to him. That meant I couldn't corrupt Helena since I couldn't just talk to her, I could only sex her. Is that a problem with my choices or is that a bug?

Also, something that IS a bug is that I fully corrupted that deer guy in one save, then reloaded to see what purifying him would do (for once) but when I saved him on another save, he was already at 100 corruption according to the game, so I couldn't corrupt nor purify.

And, just a final note, I figured that's what Corrupting and Purifying would do; I just figured giving them freedom via corruption would make them take their sex when they wanted it. :P Also would fit them being chaotic and unpredictable, but I suppose I guessed wrong. xD

EDIT: While I'm here and talking to you, I might as well ask: Is there going to be a point where you can give your retainers items as well? For example, giving a dick growing potion to Helena or Abaddon, etc, or the female potion to Abaddon once you decided via storyline to make him a guy? Is that something being thought about much farther down the road?

PS: I love the sister so far. xD

Hey no prob! Yeah we changed how the followers work some time ago, so what we formerly had in the "talks" are now in the storyline quests, so pretty much you're not missing old content, is just presented differently.

Haha yeah the neutral is somewhat dominant because well, you are a small king/queen pretty much :P But I think people who like dominant characters would like a more assertive attitude. Still, most likely we will add sub content first than dom once we start to polish, for this same reason.

Now you should in theory be able to corrupt Helena just following the plot, by the choices you make. If im not wrong it should be pretty obvious (as in you have 2 button, one say corrupt and purify), it might be a bug maybe? I'll check if all her routes are available, but yeah once your done with her plot and you visit her you should only have sex options, thats normal.

I think corruption in the game affects people differently, and some certainly will become more unpredictable. Its like corruption frees their inner nature, but each one has a different inner nature :P

And to the last question yes! Actually the followers have a lot of variables in the code, is just I am not using absolutely any of those variables yet xD But yes, you'll be able to change them physically and give them also clothing, etc. We talked a little about it in our last patreon post:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dick-0-1-1e-now-8743079

But TL;DR we will just do the main plot for the next months (its pretty long! Above 300k words since the plot has 14 followers, and they are all above 30k words each!) and then we will focus on the rest of the game: Management mechanics, breeding, combat, city-building.

If you want to have an idea, games like whore master (the ability to have several buildings and manage them) or free cities (specially the customization) are part of our inspiration, although our take will be different, specially because whore master city feels kinda empty and meh, and we want to make DiCK more interesting in that regard, but hope this clear things up and thanks a lot for the feedback! We'll check those bugs!
MaraTDuoDev

Postby FMC » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:28 am

Oh, so Helena IS working properly. Just kind of felt empty afterwards since everyone I corrupted seemed to want to submit to me (Even Abbadon even though you were supposed to be making him angrier and he did get most assertive in the story, but in sex he was quite submissive, making no sense to me), but I did see something about the deer guy being dominant in options. I just can't check out what the Purify does anymore with him because of that bug. I loaded the game without closing it first, so maybe it didn't clear the cache when I found him again? And I saved it too the second time, so now he'll be corrupt in the game I wanted him pure in now. x_x

Although maybe I should have made the mother accept the rubber thing... I just wanted her to use me as... well, her, not the symbiote. xD That, and I didn't realize it'd grow tentacles. :P Anyway, I might play through again with some different choices now.

I just didn't realize Helena didn't have the options to merely talk since the Corrupt / Purify options were still on her relations page and it said I didn't know her well enough to do either one. Might want to take that out then. :P
FMC

Postby MaraTDuoDev » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 am

FMC Wrote:Oh, so Helena IS working properly. Just kind of felt empty afterwards since everyone I corrupted seemed to want to submit to me (Even Abbadon even though you were supposed to be making him angrier and he did get most assertive in the story, but in sex he was quite submissive, making no sense to me), but I did see something about the deer guy being dominant in options. I just can't check out what the Purify does anymore with him because of that bug. I loaded the game without closing it first, so maybe it didn't clear the cache when I found him again? And I saved it too the second time, so now he'll be corrupt in the game I wanted him pure in now. x_x

Although maybe I should have made the mother accept the rubber thing... I just wanted her to use me as... well, her, not the symbiote. xD That, and I didn't realize it'd grow tentacles. :P Anyway, I might play through again with some different choices now.

I just didn't realize Helena didn't have the options to merely talk since the Corrupt / Purify options were still on her relations page and it said I didn't know her well enough to do either one. Might want to take that out then. :P

yeah, one of the problems with the change was that before you had sex with him you had the dates, where he stops being so assertive and more romantic :P Uh really right now I think I still need to go back and rework a lot of the first followers, both in code and in writing, but for now I think they are "good enough" to advance the plot

It is possible that Yoshika the deer guy is broken, yeah, although I would have to test that out to know what isnt refreshing or loading properly uhmmm But yeah most of the old content isnt working properly overall (we did the switch with Itzel, so anything before that it may have bugs, that means Yoshika, Helena, Abbadon and maybe Lucina)

We'll revisit them in the future, but if you like male characters, we just added Virgil in the game, and he is kinda subimissive in attitude too (actually there will be a lot of male characters soon, then only females and futas for a good while :P)

I recommend if anything to look forward haha :P New followers will be more dynamic and interesting, and tomorrow we will show the new build so, you should wait for that maybe haha :P (it includes Virgil (a librarian) and Celia, a futa who is the dean of the university)

---

BTW before I posted this I went and I realized that the version that is here is a kinda old one and is somewhat broken, the saves and other stuff is working well in the new one but thats prob why I didnt found the bugs (because they solved in the new one probs xD ), still I dont think I've touched Yoshika so he is probs broken anyway

But again, I recommend to wait for tomorrow :P I'll post it here but the first place I always do is here, so feel free to follow us! patreon https://www.patreon.com/DuoDevelopers
MaraTDuoDev

Postby FMC » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 am

Yeah, saves are kinda broken in the version I have. xD I went back and reloaded after closing the game and Yoshika was fine. But that save was on day 20. Then I loaded my day 1 save and I had all retainers unlocked and when I clicked on them, they brought me through their storylines at least, so I was able to do Lucina's storyline even before finishing Helena's. xD Weird stuff you coded. :P
FMC

Postby Akkin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:39 pm

MaraTDuoDev Wrote:
Akkin Wrote:A new game.

uhmm it is very odd actually, i've been testing this for a while and i dont have an issue with saving or loading games uhmm, are you overwriting one build over the other? although i doubt that would create a problem for this.

Do you start the game as admin??

No and no :roll:
Akkin

Postby MaraTDuoDev » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

FMC Wrote:Yeah, saves are kinda broken in the version I have. xD I went back and reloaded after closing the game and Yoshika was fine. But that save was on day 20. Then I loaded my day 1 save and I had all retainers unlocked and when I clicked on them, they brought me through their storylines at least, so I was able to do Lucina's storyline even before finishing Helena's. xD Weird stuff you coded. :P

Hey thanks a lot! Actually I realized that you were right, I wasnt clearing the old data when loading. Originally I had a single list with all the NPCs in there, but in order to scale the game in the future without breaking it with huge loading times, I did several smaller lists instead, but I only keept clearing one when loading :P Now its fixed tho!

Also I think some other saving and loading problems were in that older version, I took until today to answer you because we were about to release the update of the month and there was no point on recommending the last build when the other was going to be up in a day :P

https://www.patreon.com/posts/build-0-1-1e-now-8931696 Here is the link with the info, hope you like it and thanks a lot again for the feedback!
MaraTDuoDev

Postby redplauge » Sat May 27, 2017 4:26 am

so i like this game and hadnt seen anything lately so whent over to their patron to see if anything new had happened.

tl;dr verion rl shit on them so development has slowed. next update in june.
longer version is on the patron. op has it but ill repost for convinence.
https://www.patreon.com/DuoDevelopers
this is a sig. there are many like it, but this one is mine
redplauge

Postby MaraTDuoDev » Sat May 27, 2017 4:35 am

redplauge Wrote:so i like this game and hadnt seen anything lately so whent over to their patron to see if anything new had happened.

tl;dr verion rl shit on them so development has slowed. next update in june.
longer version is on the patron. op has it but ill repost for convinence.
https://www.patreon.com/DuoDevelopers

Yeah, it has been a pretty shitty month for me, im writing the next update, I think I'll have it the usual: At the end of the first week of next month.

Also at the end the writer left without delivering this month's work, which im sure he had at least half of it, so there is that
MaraTDuoDev

Postby FMC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Three months and no word? Dead game? Which would be a shame since it was progresssing nicely.
FMC

Postby lostone2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 pm

FMC Wrote:Three months and no word? Dead game? Which would be a shame since it was progresssing nicely.

Their latest Patreon post was this Tuesday, so I think that it's very much alive.
lostone2

Postby redplauge » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:11 am

oh yes there is stuff being worked on, but the dev appears to not notice this forum. but theres activity on the patreon and apperently a new artist.

their patreon is https://www.patreon.com/DuoDevelopers and current public is 1.1h1 with last post (patreon only tho) as of aug 8th with a new build "soon".
redplauge

Postby musical74 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 am

Yeah, devs tend to post to a bunch of forums and forget to check some of them, especially if the response is rather *meh* in one forum but is quite enthusiastic in another. Good to know this one hasn't gone the way of *we're just giving up*!
musical74

Postby redplauge » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 pm

yeah i think the main guy (girl? whatever doesnt matter) is fairly deticated, but the original artist decided to pull out. so he had to scramble to pick up a new one, and redrawing all of the chars takes time. and as i understand the other guy had some of the story, so the main one has to redo a bunch of it to finish fleshing out the story.
but while it would be nice to see how this turns out i think the turn around time for updates will be fairly slow for some time, untill the current group gets things settled.
redplauge

Postby MaraTDuoDev » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:02 am

redplauge Wrote:yeah i think the main guy (girl? whatever doesnt matter) is fairly deticated, but the original artist decided to pull out. so he had to scramble to pick up a new one, and redrawing all of the chars takes time. and as i understand the other guy had some of the story, so the main one has to redo a bunch of it to finish fleshing out the story.
but while it would be nice to see how this turns out i think the turn around time for updates will be fairly slow for some time, untill the current group gets things settled.

Ah no I am actually the main writer, coder and I was the artist too, but I dont think my art was that good so I decided to instead hire someone better with the little money I got from the patreon. If I ever get good at art tho I will do again do art for the game!

But yeah the other was the co-writer and I am indeed semi starting the game from 0, the old story etc. tho helps as the set up, but now its going to be more dynamic isntead of straightfoward and linear story.

musical74 Wrote:Yeah, devs tend to post to a bunch of forums and forget to check some of them, especially if the response is rather *meh* in one forum but is quite enthusiastic in another. Good to know this one hasn't gone the way of *we're just giving up*!

hey im still here! Hasnt posted anywhere in a long time, wanted to improve the game quite a bit before posting in places again! I hope now with what I have its worth of the attention tho! Still very early in its development but i think its taking shape now
MaraTDuoDev

Postby MaraTDuoDev » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 am

new the current update :P

New public build 0.2 available now here!

Greetings! Here it is the new build from our game. After months of hard work, we have polished the fundamentals of our game: UI, Combat, the creation of NPCs, and a more meaningful story where your choices matter!

The overall story is as follow: You’ve inherited the lordship of a small kingdom, now you’ll face the challenge to earn the trust of your new subjects with your leadership, or submit them into obedience with your iron fist. Take charge of your subjects, create new laws, enslave monsters and imprison your enemies.

This new build also has a lot of new art done by cutesexyrobutts and otonaru!

You can support us at http://www.patreon.com/duodevelopers, all the money goes back into the game in the form of art and soon enough editing too!

Current features:

Over 30k of text within 3 characters: Your maid Helena and two nobles, the stiff Abbadon and the lewd Alba.
    Multiple choices for your story and your character!
    Transformation implemented for your character.
    Combat, although is still basic, it's a good basis to improve from this point.
    All the UI, save, load, inventory system, and everything else already in place.

We want to expand upon these features, and add the next ones too!

CG and more sexy art, not just sprites!
    Management for your slaves
    More shops and better customization
    More content inside combat, like texts, being able to fuck your adversaries, or be fucked!
    Pregnancy and marriage!
    and of course more story and enemies!

Hope you guys check it out and give us feedback to keep improving our game!
MaraTDuoDev

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects