Last Days of the Universe [NSFW/Explicit/Lesb/Straight]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Last Days of the Universe [NSFW/Explicit/Lesb/Straight]

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:39 pm

Hello all! I'm new here. I've been referred here by someone who has played my game. Seems like a nice forum :)

I would like to present my work in progress game Last Days of the Universe.

It's an adult (explicit) visual novel game made in Unity. There are versions for Windows, MAC & Linux. It's free and available at http://adultscifi.net.

It's just the beginning. I'm hoping to create multiple episodes in a single game. For now there is the prologue and the very beginning of episode 1. I'm looking to create self-contained individual episodes but also a long arc story. My sources of inspirations are the classic Star Trek series, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Andromeda and other science-fiction series and movies. I would like to make a relatively serious game with some humor.

If you want you can support the game on Patreon but it is not a requirement. There is no difference in the game except for a few images whether your support it or not. So feel free to enjoy the game and let me know what you think of it!

Here are a few screenshots:

Last edited by AdultSciFi.net on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AdultSciFi.net

Re: Last Days of the Universe [NSFW/Explicit/Homo/Lesb/Strai

Postby mgunter » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:19 pm

My suggestion would be to have the over-arcing story finished before working on the episodes so you have less chance of having to do an Ex Mahina.
mgunter

Re: Last Days of the Universe [NSFW/Explicit/Homo/Lesb/Strai

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Yes, the over-arching story is ready. It was a priority :-) Thanks!
AdultSciFi.net

Re: Last Days of the Universe [NSFW/Explicit/Lesb/Straight]

Postby Akkin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 am

Finally something refreshing. I like the concept that reminds me of "Starship Inanna". The story is interesting. The main character is "very" endearing. The system of choice is well done and invites to try other ways. The graphics are very good.

A small flat on the texts which pass a little too quickly after clicking:

For example, I click on an image and, as the text that I have to read next is on two frames that succeed each other, the text scrolls very quickly to reach the second box without giving me time to read the first.
Akkin

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Thanks for the good words! Texts have a small delay before you can remove them but you may be referring to the part where the sun explodes and the images change automatically and then text appears to be immediately replaced. If this is the case, it's the previous text that reappears. I will modify the game to erase the old text before showing the box again.
AdultSciFi.net

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:55 pm

New Release Available! The very beginning of the male player character story has started. It's duration will vary greatly depending on the choices you make.
AdultSciFi.net

Postby Wee » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:02 pm

This is a gorgeous looking project. Best of luck to ya, I hope a lot of people get behind it. Those screenshots are just stunning!"
Wee

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Thank you very much! I am not a pro but I try to do my best with what I have :-)
AdultSciFi.net

Postby Wee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:29 pm

AdultSciFi.net Wrote:Thank you very much! I am not a pro but I try to do my best with what I have :-)

Well your 'amateur' effort there looks better than some of the pro offerings out there. Keep it up!
Wee

Postby Wee » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:50 pm

So did a quick playthrough. There's enough of a story there to make this worth a download, for the artwork if nothing else (it must take a long time to build all of that)!

I remember seeing a minor typo around the time you are thinking about sending the engineer in a shuttle, metting instead of meeting as I recall. It looks like you've got a pretty involved story to tell, and you're just getting started.

Yeah, dunno how long it is going to take you to finish this, but you are off to a great start.

My only critique would be to make the sex scenes a little more interactive, to make those a little more immersive, essentially adding more dialogue forks with associated artwork for those. But yeah, this game is just stunning artwork wise!

Definitely worth checking out!
Wee

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Hello all! A new release is available. It continues the male story and adds the 'F' key to toggle between a full image view and a full screen view.

Wee: Thanks for the compliments! Yes, I will try to add more choices but each choice add a lot of work so I have to balance between the amount of work and the time I would like to take to finish the game. But nothing stops me from adding choices in currently finished parts of the game later if I have more time to work on the game.
AdultSciFi.net

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Here's a sandstorm test for a future release:

AdultSciFi.net

Postby Sun Quan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:08 pm

I haven't been able to give this a play through yet. I seem to have a lot of difficulties with Unity made games. Still, I wanted to drop by and say that, even from the limited screencaps you've posted, your environments are very impressive. Your lighting is excellent and whatever you're using for ships and hallways and such is extremely cool. That sandstorm looks great.

Good luck with your project and keep up the good work.
Sun Quan

Postby kvier » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:14 pm

I was just reminded ...

I'm having the oddest bug with Unity with this game, where the resulting pictures are "windowboxed" ? I try to run the game in 1920x1080 fullscreen, and it is, but all the pictures are shrunk to just be the center .. I don't know, 50-60% ... on both axes.
kvier

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Sun Quan Wrote:I haven't been able to give this a play through yet. I seem to have a lot of difficulties with Unity made games. Still, I wanted to drop by and say that, even from the limited screencaps you've posted, your environments are very impressive. Your lighting is excellent and whatever you're using for ships and hallways and such is extremely cool. That sandstorm looks great.

Good luck with your project and keep up the good work.

Too bad for the Unity games. Would you tell me what OS you use? I had a friend who had problems with a Mac but it seemed like a graphics card problem.

Thanks very much for the compliments. I use Daz models for characters and mostly interior scenes and Blender and Terragen for exteriors or special scenes. I try to make the images as if I was making a movie because I would eventually like to make adult sci-fi videos (more R than XXX). I'll see if I have enough support for such thing when Last Days is finished. This is just a far away idea for now as I'm concentrating to make Last Days as best a game as I can.
AdultSciFi.net

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:03 pm

kvier Wrote:I was just reminded ...

I'm having the oddest bug with Unity with this game, where the resulting pictures are "windowboxed" ? I try to run the game in 1920x1080 fullscreen, and it is, but all the pictures are shrunk to just be the center .. I don't know, 50-60% ... on both axes.

Sorry to read that, what OS (and how many bots) do you use for the game? What happens when you run the game in window mode?
AdultSciFi.net

Postby Sun Quan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:57 am

AdultSciFi.net Wrote:Too bad for the Unity games. Would you tell me what OS you use? I had a friend who had problems with a Mac but it seemed like a graphics card problem.

Thanks very much for the compliments. I use Daz models for characters and mostly interior scenes and Blender and Terragen for exteriors or special scenes. I try to make the images as if I was making a movie because I would eventually like to make adult sci-fi videos (more R than XXX). I'll see if I have enough support for such thing when Last Days is finished. This is just a far away idea for now as I'm concentrating to make Last Days as best a game as I can.

Well, you do a hell of a job. The stills I've seen look beautiful.

I'm on Windows 10. I don't know why, when I play most Unity made ero games I won't even get the main page to show up. I'll see the "Made with Unity" animation, then the splash page will appear for about a fraction of a second before it's covered up by a solid color. I'll still hear the music, if there is any, and if I poke around blindly with the mouse I can sometimes hit a menu option by mistake. I'll know I've done that because the solid color covering the page will change, e.g. from grey to light brown.

The ONLY two games I've played that were at all playable were Abandoned: A tale of forgotten lives by Kerni, which is a spectacular game that plays with no issues whatsoever, for reasons I can't explain, and Something Unlimited by Sunset Riders 7, which is actually partially messed up in that certain pages will have that solid color, e.g. the Glamour Slam heroine positioning menu, but mostly the game plays fine. I can't for the life of me figure out why those two are playable but every other one I've tried isn't.

Is there some kind of prerequisite for playing games made with Unity? I even tried downloading the Unity client figuring I was missing some vital files but it made no difference.
Sun Quan

Postby kvier » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:01 am

AdultSciFi.net Wrote:
kvier Wrote:I'm having the oddest bug with Unity with this game, where the resulting pictures are "windowboxed" ? I try to run the game in 1920x1080 fullscreen, and it is, but all the pictures are shrunk to just be the center .. I don't know, 50-60% ... on both axes.
Sorry to read that, what OS (and how many bots) do you use for the game? What happens when you run the game in window mode?
Linux. Both 32-bit and 64-bit builds. Same problem, regardless of windowed or full-screen or resolution. The exact amount of windowboxing changes when I use a different aspect ratio mode (e.g. 1280x1024 5:4 at one extreme at 16:9 at the other), but there's always a multicolored colored margin on all sides.

Just 'cuz this is the next obvious question: other unity games with native linux builds do not do this.

Haven't tested whether the same behavior happens in wine with the windows build; I'd have to download a lot to ... you know, let me just do that.

Ok, wine64, 64-bit windows build: Pictures are always correctly shrunk when in a video mode that's 16:9; in full screen on a not-16:9 mode they're correctly letterboxed , but in windowed mode they're always cropped on the sides. Text doesn't show up (known bug with some text rendering methods in unity via wine)
Linux, both 32-bit and 64-bit builds: Windowboxing always:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

ldotu-windowboxing-1920-1080.jpg
ldotu-windowboxing-1280-1024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kvier

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks very much to both of you for the detailed information. I have made a few modifications that should correct the aspect ratio display problem and possibly the blank screen problem. The corrections will be in the next release (near the 25 for Patreon supporters and near the 30th for the public release).
AdultSciFi.net

Postby AdultSciFi.net » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 pm

New Release! Contines the female story, improves the game's display on aspect ratios that are not 16:9 and makes the male player character story start easier.
AdultSciFi.net

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects