LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: LOK: Rebirth [Unity] Demo (e) (updated Jul 29th) Mac bui

Postby Abelius » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:35 pm

kleper666 Wrote:still doest work :( ,thanks for trying anyway,i dont know whats wrong :s

Shit... Well, I'll try to take out other unneeded features anyway.

Btw, do you have that video card i your system only? Or does it have a built in card as well?
Abelius

Postby kleper666 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:03 am

that one alone
kleper666

Re: LOK: REBIRTH [UNITY]

Postby humurabi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:17 am

kuja Wrote:Nope, it's finally here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/demo-launch-13021189

hey man just checked your project,am an artist too and would like to help,if you guys are interested,is there an email or something that we can talk?
humurabi
Newly Registered

Postby Krymon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:13 am

Seeing how you have drawn inspiration from LoK VG (fantastic game by the way, one of my favorites) im just wondering, will you have similar stats like it, and will the endings of the game involve them? In LoK VG, the ending of the game was decided by the stats Krystal had, her strength, libido and so forth, and depending on how you completed the events of the certain paths you choose changes her stats and can give different endings. Will LoK Rebirth be like this, and if so, will a certain stat interfere with events, like Libido did in VG?

Also there was a day system, LoK VG had a day system where she had a calendar and a certain amount of days to do planned tasks, and a certain amount of years till the game ends. Will this be implemented as well?

Im also hoping to see the wolves in here as well, those feral packs of wolves that have sex with Krystal in all the other LoK games. Im hoping to see the double dicked ones from the original LoK game. Will they be in it?

Sorry for the long post and all the questions, I high hopes for this.
Krymon

Postby Abelius » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Troopage Wrote:
Abelius Wrote:The flagship was devised to be a place to be between missions, but you won't see anything kinky in there until we have more time to expand it AND Krystal returns with a different mind set from the jungle planet.

Surely it wasn't your intention, but I really hope that means that there is a possibility that
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Krys can get permanently possessed by the lust demon kitsune. After all, what better way to get the MacGuffin (which I imagine is a shard of the Soul Crystal) than with resources of a military and the body of our heroine? Also, the idea of mind control through lust being given to the player would be too cool. 8-)

Well, I see problems with that. Either I force players to go with that plot, or I write a full script for that alternative storyline happening. The first option would get most people mad and second one would mean doubled work for me, and I fear I'm not a good enough writer to even trying managing two multi-mission plots.

Totemist Wrote:I'm more interested in converting the Kitsune to the side of good through Dick Therapy. Lust Demon she might be, but an entire village of horny reptiles running a fairly brutal train on her in rotating shifts should be enough to render her... Pliable. Plus I just love Kitsune.
Building on your idea, perhaps a body-swap Bad End? The Kitsune fucks off (literally) to the stars and Krystal is stuck in an even more sensitive body to pay for her failure on her back (and knees, held in the air, impaled from both ends on reptile javelins like a Dark Elf) for the rest of her life. Bonus points if there's a psychic bond, and whenever one gets it good the other feels it.

These, on the other hand, would mean less work and represent some closure of sorts. Bad endings like these would even add some value to the game. We're still far off from confronting the Lust Demon, but I'll try to remember for then.

Krymon Wrote:How about Krystal becoming a Lust Demon herself, and the two of them become queens or goddesses of sex and lust, or Krystal can defeat Kitsune and takes her place as a Lust Demon. That would be a fun endings.

Again, as alternative endings, those could work. But I wouldn't devote myself to develop them as gameplay options. I'm only one guy coding. :P

justedufun Wrote:About the possession of Krystal from the lust demon, i hope we will be able to still play but sometimes the lust demon will take controll of Krystal without warning us, and force her to do what she want ;)

If you mean when still on the jungle planet, as a way of the Lust Demon annoying the player (after meeting Krys and her being defeated) and justifying some hard-core action (that Krys would allow for at her current stats)... then that would be a good idea. I'll write it down.

Malcanthet Wrote:Hey all, it's been what, YEARS since I poked my face onto this forum? GREAT JOB. I love the dialogue, and that walk cycle is amazing! I remember pushing for something good like that when I was on Area 52 five years (holy crap five years?) ago. I'm still drawing, and if you needed to use any of my old art for ideas, feel free!

humurabi Wrote:hey man just checked your project,am an artist too and would like to help,if you guys are interested,is there an email or something that we can talk?

You guys should private message Kuja. He's the boss in anything related to artsy things. ;)

Enkide Wrote:Any chance of having krystal trapped in the pit as an alternative route?

Not for 0.1.

Krymon Wrote:Seeing how you have drawn inspiration from LoK VG (fantastic game by the way, one of my favorites) im just wondering, will you have similar stats like it, and will the endings of the game involve them? In LoK VG, the ending of the game was decided by the stats Krystal had, her strength, libido and so forth, and depending on how you completed the events of the certain paths you choose changes her stats and can give different endings. Will LoK Rebirth be like this, and if so, will a certain stat interfere with events, like Libido did in VG?
Also there was a day system, LoK VG had a day system where she had a calendar and a certain amount of days to do planned tasks, and a certain amount of years till the game ends. Will this be implemented as well?
Im also hoping to see the wolves in here as well, those feral packs of wolves that have sex with Krystal in all the other LoK games. Im hoping to see the double dicked ones from the original LoK game. Will they be in it?

This could come as a surprise to you guys, but I only played two Krystal games before I entered in this project...: "LoK" 0.2 and "The Legend of the Twin Orbs". I didn't have any clue even about Star Fox games. :lol: So all my "ideas" came out from what I would want to see in a remake of LoK, mixing some game mechanics from other non-related games.

From what you say, I guess those endings would be something similar to what it happens in Slave Trainer games or even the original Princess Maker, hehe. Those are excellent games, but I don't feel like forcing players on watching their stats so much. Also, there's no a definite ending at the moment. Plans are for Krys to return to the flagship and embark on another mission, probably in a totally different environment. However, what you say have potential to become intermission cutscenes, associated with achievements. That could add some degree of replayability, you know.

About double-dicked wolves, yeah. What kind of remake could be this if we didn't include them? :mrgreen: I'm still thinking about when should they appear, though.
Abelius

Postby Krymon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:20 pm

This could come as a surprise to you guys, but I only played two Krystal games before I entered in this project...: "LoK" 0.2 and "The Legend of the Twin Orbs". I didn't have any clue even about Star Fox games. :lol: So all my "ideas" came out from what I would want to see in a remake of LoK, mixing some game mechanics from other non-related games.

I am actually quite surprised, the VG and most other LoK games are really good, well I think so anyway, i do recommend playing them, it might give you some better insight to the game franchise (can i call it a franchise, idk, series maybe). Also maybe check out the Star Fox games, and to be honest, i didn't really know of Star Fox when playing LoK for the first time, hell i thought Krystal was a character made up for LoK and not a character from a huge game series. Just a suggestion though, this game is already looking really good, better then most i say. And i can't wait for the next version.
Krymon

Postby Derpalot » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:59 pm

I keep getting amazed at the talent of some of these games here. This looks incredible and makes me really look forward to seeing what comes with the next update. Visually this already looks stunning. Particularly I'm fond of the way the jungle looks. It really feels like a jungle that you could get lost in. Are there any plans for other encounters in the jungle if somebody would become 'lost'? The other idea of being possessed by the lust demon sounds fantastic too. But then I'm kind of partial to the more submissive and losing control type of deals. Which would make me a pretty big fan of this.
Derpalot

Postby kleper666 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 pm

hey friend i tried to look for a solution for my problem im not an expert and i didnt see unity for years but maybe this help you if one of these solutions works:
1- https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/backg ... ew.372702/
2-http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/610165/sprites-become-invisible.html
3- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/316 ... n-unity-3d

i hope i didnt mess up, these posts are old, but is the most close to the problem i found xd
kleper666

Postby Deathdawg » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 pm

I will say that in looking at the game demo (e) and seeing the possibilities that it is hosting as placeholders am excited to see a more fleshed out and interactive demo soon, and am constantly looking to see if any update on progress. I only played a few games, never got into the star fox games but was bored one day and googled Krystal after getting in a discussion of parody games and such on Second Life and foundKrystal VG
Deathdawg
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm

kleper666 Wrote:hey friend i tried to look for a solution for my problem im not an expert and i didnt see unity for years but maybe this help you if one of these solutions works:

Nope. All of those are related to the camera position and renderers enable/disable status. Issues that would have had an impact on every player, not only a few.

But I've been researching a little more, and I think I could have a good lead. I'll modify some things and return to you with a new build for you to test, ok?

Krymon Wrote:I am actually quite surprised, the VG and most other LoK games are really good, well I think so anyway, i do recommend playing them, it might give you some better insight to the game franchise (can i call it a franchise, idk, series maybe). Also maybe check out the Star Fox games

I've taken a look at a LoK vG gameplay and I must say I'm frankly impressed. It seems to be a big game!

It's also funny how many of the ideas Gorepete had have also found a way to my brain when designing ours. Well, I hope we're up to standards and can make a fun experience.

Derpalot Wrote:...
Are there any plans for other encounters in the jungle if somebody would become 'lost'? The other idea of being possessed by the lust demon sounds fantastic too. But then I'm kind of partial to the more submissive and losing control type of deals. Which would make me a pretty big fan of this.

There are a couple that comes to my mind. At any rate, I guess you'll find the slave route more exciting than the normal one then. When we've got some solid initial content, I think we'll run a poll to decide when we start to work on it.

Deathdawg Wrote:...
and am constantly looking to see if any update on progress. I only played a few games, never got into the star fox games but was bored one day and googled Krystal after getting in a discussion of parody games and such on Second Life and foundKrystal VG

Well, I'm not a furry fanatic myself, to be honest. But it seems this girl is really popular for Millenials. I'm of the previous generation that fapped to torpor with Bulma. :lol:
Abelius

Postby Abelius » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Kepler, could you download this one and tell me if the flagship corridor is now visible for you?

LoK Rebirth - Demo (e) [Win] TileTest

You should select the lowest setting again, for starters.

Thanks.
Abelius

Postby kleper666 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:41 pm

it works! ,thank you! you found the problem, i suppose you must do the same with the rest,i can see the ship but no the jungle,great work! :P
kleper666

Postby Abelius » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:40 pm

kleper666 Wrote:it works! ,thank you! you found the problem, i suppose you must do the same with the rest,i can see the ship but no the jungle,great work! :P

OK. The issue is that your video card doesn't support 8K textures, which are pretty common nowadays. In fact, DirectX 11 cards support up to 16K textures and they've been around for a while now...

So yeah, the "fix" has consisted in slicing our 7200 x 1080 BGs in four sections of 1800 x 1080 pixels, assuming the worst possible scenario (that your card is 2K capable only).

However, managing four sections per BG is something I'd like to avoid if possible. Two halves is another story because that would be a matter of just pivoting them around the already existing center point. Moreover, there are some sprites that are bigger than 2048 px of length already, like the spears, and those would need to be divided as well.

Your video card is supposed to be Direct3D 9.3 capable so it should support RGBA 4K textures as well. Therefore, I'm going to upload another version, this time with 4K textures and you tell me if it still works, ok?

Edit: here you go... LoK Rebirth - Demo (e) [Win] 4K sprites
Abelius

Postby kleper666 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:54 pm

yes like the other one, it works! ^^ ,i hope this help many others like me :P
kleper666

Postby Ungawa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 pm

*walks up to kleper's laptop and blows*

*coughs from the dust*

Crikey... Here on safari with old relics and look what pops up... I wonder what wonders we can look into with this thing...

*red light comes on*

Oh me gawrsh... It actually works to [current year] standards! Abelius finding magic to make it work is absolutely astounding...

Cheers to you, men! For this relic is a priceless one...
Ungawa

Postby kleper666 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 pm

i dont even know how to reply to that xD
Last edited by kleper666 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
kleper666

Postby Abelius » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Abelius

Postby Dongman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:45 am

as of now are there any h scenes other than the shower one?
Dongman

Postby TheUnspoken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:58 am

And here we see a rare glimpse of Abelius as he progresses with each stage of the project.

TheUnspoken
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:04 am

Dongman Wrote:as of now are there any h scenes other than the shower one?

Not particularly hot, but if you select the top or bottom responses in the dialogue with the Gatekeeper, you could see two variants.

In 0.1 there will be sexier interactions. I don't want to go straight to hard-core scenes, but I recognize I've left the demo a little barren when it comes to sexy animations... :roll:
Abelius

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects