LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Legend of Krystal: Rebirth [UNITY]

Postby Troopage » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:46 am

Abelius Wrote:Indeed we have more outfits planned for Krys, apart of her pilot jumpsuit. And according to her choices as to how rank up in the clan, some will be unlocked and some others not.

I hope Krys' Command jumpsuit makes the cut. It barely has appearances anywhere...
Too bad the only official images of it are low resolution screenshots from the game and low quality 3D renders. It's understandable though.

Edit: Better? ;)
Last edited by Troopage on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Troopage

Postby Abelius » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Troopage Wrote:I hope Krys' Star Fox Command jumpsuit makes the cut. It barely has appearances anywhere...
Too bad the only official images of it are low resolution screenshots from the game and low quality 3D renders by Nintendo. It's understandable though since it's an original DS game.

Star Fox? Nintendo? DS?

What are those arcane words? I don't understand what you're talking about. We're only making a game about a blue fox and some lizards... <wink, wink> :roll:
Abelius

Postby Troopage » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Abelius Wrote:What are those arcane words? I don't understand what you're talking about. We're only making a game about a blue fox and some lizards... <wink, wink> :roll:

GIVE IT TO ME! :twisted:
Is that what you wanted to hear? :lol:
Last edited by Troopage on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troopage

Postby Aestral » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:08 am

Abelius Wrote:Star Fox? Nintendo? DS?

What are those arcane words? I don't understand what you're talking about. We're only making a game about a blue fox and some lizards... <wink, wink> :roll:

The Cease and Desist fairy is already on her way :geek:
Aestral

Postby VladimirRomanov » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:27 am

You guys should make a discord, so that I can be easily in contact, and contribute when I can :D
VladimirRomanov

Postby FreemanGordonXD » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:35 pm

So uhh.. any news on the demo timeline?
FreemanGordonXD
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:03 pm

FreemanGordonXD Wrote:So uhh.. any news on the demo timeline?

We've started working on actual game content since this past weekend, but I don't feel comfortable giving a fixed date.

I'd VERY much like to launch something before June's end, but it will depend on if we consider the thing to be worth of being called a 'demo'.
Abelius

Postby Firefall » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:07 am

On one hand I love your high standards every time I look at what you've shown of the game. On the other hand I want it to be done and released already soooo bad lol.
Firefall

Postby Aestral » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Come on now Abelius, I'm sure it's worth being called a demo, just give it to us

Aestral

Postby Abelius » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:24 am

LOL... :lol:

We're implementing dialogues and ending some BGs at the moment. There's no way a proper demo could go without them, being the bread and butter of any graphical adventure game that deserve to be called like that.

This is needing more time than I would have wanted, yes. But without those we don't have anything more than a walking simulator to show you guys.

Good news are that I'm passing more time now creating content, than squashing bugs. Also, from this tuesday on I'll be working full-time on the project.
Abelius

Postby Troopage » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Abelius Wrote:LOL... :lol:

We're implementing dialogues and ending some BGs at the moment. There's no way a proper demo could go without them, being the bread and butter of any graphical adventure game that deserve to be called like that.

This is needing more time than I would have wanted, yes. But without those we don't have anything more than a walking simulator to show you guys.

Good news are that I'm passing more time now creating content, than squashing bugs. Also, from this tuesday on I'll be working full-time on the project.

I don't mind if you take all the time you need. Congrats on the good news. I hope working full time on the project doesn't mean anything bad for you employment-wise.
Troopage

Postby Totemist » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:55 pm

I would say "don't quit your day job", because that's the stock advice for people starting out in creative work, but I also want you to so I can have more digital vixen penetration. A quandary.
Totemist

Postby Abelius » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Troopage Wrote:I don't mind if you take all the time you need. Congrats on the good news. I hope working full time on the project doesn't mean anything bad for you employment-wise.

Totemist Wrote:I would say "don't quit your day job", because that's the stock advice for people starting out in creative work, but I also want you to so I can have more digital vixen penetration. A quandary.

Well, I'm pretty well covered for around a year. And I also could return to my previous job is this doesn't go well. So no worries.

I wanted this from a long time ago, more like a lifestyle change than anything else. In any case I appreciate your concern. ;)
Abelius

Postby Totemist » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:52 am

Abelius Wrote:
Troopage Wrote:I don't mind if you take all the time you need. Congrats on the good news. I hope working full time on the project doesn't mean anything bad for you employment-wise.

Totemist Wrote:I would say "don't quit your day job", because that's the stock advice for people starting out in creative work, but I also want you to so I can have more digital vixen penetration. A quandary.

Well, I'm pretty well covered for around a year. And I also could return to my previous job is this doesn't go well. So no worries.

I wanted this from a long time ago, more like a lifestyle change than anything else. In any case I appreciate your concern. ;)

Glad to hear you're covered. I envy your job security, and I hope your Patreon explodes once you have a playable demo out. Don't forget to spam that shit out to places like the animated board of u18chan once you have a release, and maybe put some short flashes of the games first scenes (even the Walk Animation, really) up on e621. Word of mouth needs a kick to get started.
Totemist

Postby Abelius » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Just a quick note to inform you guys about this notice on Patreon, in case you don't follow it:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/soonish-tm-12388753

Totemist Wrote:Don't forget to spam that shit out to places like the animated board of u18chan once you have a release, and maybe put some short flashes of the games first scenes (even the Walk Animation, really) up on e621. Word of mouth needs a kick to get started.

You bet. We've been pretty quiet while developing the demo because we considered only the original LoK forum would have any interest in the development phase. And people in forums like 8chan tend to be pretty... demanding if you take my meaning. :roll: And that's also why we're amazed at making almost four figures at this stage.

But yeah, now we'll need to play the community manager card as well. I may need the full links for those forums though, as I don't know of them.
Abelius

Postby TheUnspoken » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:52 pm

From what I've seen lurking here for months, people who frequent this forum are definitely cut from a different cloth.

Having to deal with chan goers and the like will reward you with an express ticket in losing the will to live, at least, from my limited experience. Care ought be taken casting the line, there are pools that no bait or hook should disturb lest you be dragged to it's grim depths.

That said, promoting this amazing looking project and gathering positive results would certainly aid it's deserved creators. Sadly, I don't really know of anywhere suitable outside of here, that would yield the tastefully respective results needed, but then again, perhaps at this delicate (pre demo) stage, less would be more? if you get my meaning.
TheUnspoken
Newly Registered

Postby Totemist » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:19 am

TheUnspoken Wrote:From what I've seen lurking here for months, people who frequent this forum are definitely cut from a different cloth.

Having to deal with chan goers and the like will reward you with an express ticket in losing the will to live, at least, from my limited experience. Care ought be taken casting the line, there are pools that no bait or hook should disturb lest you be dragged to it's grim depths.

That said, promoting this amazing looking project and gathering positive results would certainly aid it's deserved creators. Sadly, I don't really know of anywhere suitable outside of here, that would yield the tastefully respective results needed, but then again, perhaps at this delicate (pre demo) stage, less would be more? if you get my meaning.

I don't think that mean words are going to destroy this project, unless everyone involved has a ridiculously thin skin. This isn't an experimental foray into undiscovered wines from an obscure country by a high-society tasters club, it's an erotic furry flash game and a high quality one at that: Even the animated teaser gifs and looping flashes so far by themselves would be acceptable thread-worthy content by u18chan standards. I also really think you're over-dramatizing how bad the chans are unless you go off into the weird fringe boards for people who were banned from the off-brand 4chan clones. This forum is niche and has sort of self-refined down to a userbase that has a high number of creative types, but we're really no better or worse than any well-moderated small forum and have no room for pretensions of elitism.

To sum up my argument, look at Space Paws: The art is really good, and that's about all there is to it. I like the art a lot, but last I checked the dialogue ranged from poor to Indian facebook meme-tier (full on WeedBro in some cases), it has a paper-thin plot, and my hate for the personality of the main character is the hate of an acid sun whose bale light drives civilizations to madness and war. The thread on Spacepaws was mostly tips on how to find certain very niche random events to see hidden scenes and some bitching about how easy it is to miss things. Nobody found the creators house and set his cat on fire. The comments on e621 posts concerning LoK are mostly "This part was hot" or "I don't like the art style, I wish it was more like [Fanart much closer to the Rebirth models than the original playshapes pose-able doll or the old VixenTamer art]". Even if they don't want to play nice I don't think boorish and probably filthy commoners barging in on our rarefied island of superior and cultured island of beating meat to human-shaped cartoon animals will lead to the project being shredded by the brass voices of moderately harsh criticism.
Totemist

Postby TheUnspoken » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:54 pm

Indeed.
I was being a little facetious and exaggerating being pulled to a grim fate for stirring the pools of chan
...well mostly anyway ;)

You're right. The creators here; this isn't their first rodeo, they know when to turn on the one-way mirror and when to open the blinds.
TheUnspoken
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:42 pm

All that being (well) said... yes, I assure you I won't get depressed and abandon the project because ten people out of hundreds decide to troll our promo thread at some random forum.

Why I would lose time lashing out at any non-constructive criticism when I could be working on the game, I wonder? Or even better, taking time out from this for a change! :roll:
Abelius

Postby kuja » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:22 pm

We had major problems at the previous launch of the demo, things we weren't truly expecting to see after setting a deadline. This isn't new to anyone.

What most people don't know is that this is basically a two-man project now and we all have our lives(sons and parents) to take care of, so, just like any other amateur project, it's kind of a matter of how much we learned from past mistakes and from the project/development process itself(in this area, we are still real amateurs trying to learn, adapt and invent) and of how much of our spare time we spend on it per day, which has recently been a lot.

This is not a real excuse, but things just did not happened as we wanted. With that being said, I also add that project delayings are not seven-headed monsters. There is always a reason for that. The coding was entirely remade from scratch and so some small in-game mechanics. We had to re-create the ground once more and that's it.

There is basically no reason to say that the development won't continue, no matter what people say. Game developing is our dream and we are having fun doing this and like me, I'm sure there is a bunch of people out there that want to see this being finished.

So far, I can only thank everyone supporting us. Thank you very much.
kuja

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects