LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Legend of Krystal: Rebirth [UNITY]

Postby Abelius » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Thank you guys! This is really good and I'll surely use several of these templates as inspiration, if not as outright copy+paste clones. :mrgreen:

I must tell you though, that physical descriptions are going to be lost in translation, because we only have a male lizard model at the moment. I could deform, however, some parts to try to give some impression of variety (thinner limbs, different heights...), but they'll probably won't look good enough to get Kuja's seal of approval. So bear with us for the time being. ;)

At the end I knew I did the right thing asking for your help. Creativity's a funny thing, you know...? You made up something yourself and it almost invariably sound less appealing as if you read at other people's ideas. :roll:

Oh, and about the double-dicked wolves, yeah, we had some intentions of including them at some point, although I admit I'm at a loss at to how to seamlessly integrate them into the current plot. We'll see about that.
Abelius

Postby Enkide » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Abelius Wrote:Thank you guys! This is really good and I'll surely use several of these templates as inspiration, if not as outright copy+paste clones. :mrgreen:

I must tell you though, that physical descriptions are going to be lost in translation, because we only have a male lizard model at the moment. I could deform, however, some parts to try to give some impression of variety (thinner limbs, different heights...), but they'll probably won't look good enough to get Kuja's seal of approval. So bear with us for the time being. ;)

At the end I knew I did the right thing asking for your help. Creativity's a funny thing, you know...? You made up something yourself and it almost invariably sound less appealing as if you read at other people's ideas. :roll:

Oh, and about the double-dicked wolves, yeah, we had some intentions of including them at some point, although I admit I'm at a loss at to how to seamlessly integrate them into the current plot. We'll see about that.

Hope my names are okay.
Enkide

Postby Aestral » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Abelius Wrote:

They could just be used as one of the enemies in the village defense system you mentioned earlier. The planet is a big place, I'm sure there are many races living there aside from the lizard people. Races that may want to attack a prospering village to steal it's women and/or supplies. One of them could be caught and made a village's slave if you wanted to have a more permanent NPC. The whole combat system is a great idea by the way, it allows you to use any races you want while not really having to work on their lore or anything.

Also, a quick question that wasn't asked as far as I remember - Are you guys going to eventually include any feral creatures, or are you only going to add things that are sentient? In the original LoK we only had the T-rex, but It'd be nice to see some more beasts/monsters in the game.
Aestral

Postby TheUnspoken » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Aestral Wrote:Are you guys going to eventually include any feral creatures, or are you only going to add things that are sentient? In the original LoK we only had the T-rex, but It'd be nice to see some more beasts/monsters in the game.

Ferals are always a nice feature. I uhh... can't help but actively search them out when I know there's stuff hidden about the map and can spring out anytime (p-puns) :mrgreen:

As for types?
Well the Wolves could be one (they don't have to be sentient NPSs, do they?) - you walk along a jungle section and "surprise" a couple drop from the above branches or pounce from a leaf covered ambush hole, grapple, and have their way with you (if you let them).
As we're in a jungle environment, vine tentacles could be another (you can never go wrong with tentacles :roll: ) that, again, either drop down or reach out from the background brush. (Would tentacles be a new thing, officially? there was that slime boss in Twin-Orbs).
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

As Aestral mentioned, the T-rex could make a come back and perhaps there could be smaller variants in and around the place too.
TheUnspoken
Newly Registered

Postby Totemist » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:08 am

When I did a summary for my planned (and swiftly given up on) LoK Choose-Your-Own-Adventure I had the Dickwolves, a crew of rogue pirates, and the slimes as factional enemies that the tribe Krystal adopted would have to defeat to unite their race under their banner and form an Empire. It's here if you'd like to idea mine, locked from inactivity.

One idea I really like is that the Clan Krystal winds up with are pretty egalitarian by Sharpclaw standards, allowing females to hunt, fight, and gain position instead of just using them as near-slaves and hatchling factories, but also fierce enough to be feared and respected by all the other warmongering lizards. I'm imagining something like the infamous Runic Men from 4chans playthrough of King of Dragon Pass: So goddamn tough that the Lust Demon was actually fought off by the few that kept their wits and still on their feet despite their newly weakened state, and smarter than many enemies would expect.
Totemist

Postby VladimirRomanov » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:23 am

That is kind of where I was going with my list of characters. Less of a sex-lusted society, more of an actual society that doesn't fret from kinky things. Both dark, and good kind. I am not a fan of games where everything is suddenly sex-themed for no reason, it cheapens the feeling for me. I like punishments, rewards, and generally gameplay that makes sense, and has kinky undertones towards it, rather than just a straight up orgy romp.

Speaking of which, if any of you guys need help coming up with dialogue or quests or anything of the sort for the characters I made, that is, if you decided to use any of them, then feel free to let me know.
VladimirRomanov

Postby Abelius » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Enkide Wrote:Hope my names are okay.

Yup, also the map idea is good and something I thought about the other day, because just in the demo the world is going to be bigger than the original in an order of magnitude. Not so varied unfortunately, but big.

TheUnspoken Wrote:
Aestral Wrote:Are you guys going to eventually include any feral creatures, or are you only going to add things that are sentient? In the original LoK we only had the T-rex, but It'd be nice to see some more beasts/monsters in the game.

Ferals are always a nice feature. I uhh... can't help but actively search them out when I know there's stuff hidden about the map and can spring out anytime (p-puns) :mrgreen:
As for types?
Well the Wolves could be one (they don't have to be sentient NPSs, do they?) - you walk along a jungle section and "surprise" a couple drop from the above branches or pounce from a leaf covered ambush hole, grapple, and have their way with you (if you let them).
As we're in a jungle environment, vine tentacles could be another (you can never go wrong with tentacles :roll: ) that, again, either drop down or reach out from the background brush. (Would tentacles be a new thing, officially? there was that slime boss in Twin-Orbs).
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

As Aestral mentioned, the T-rex could make a come back and perhaps there could be smaller variants in and around the place too.

LOL, yeah. In fact, I recently did learn how to animate long writhing things... :lol: And feral wolves and other species (like horny raptors maybe) seem something we should include at some point, so the planet feels more populated.

At the end it will be all about priorities. Your priorities to be accurate. If you say you want rapey double-dicked feral man-wolves you'll have them, if "next step?" polls confirm it. :P

Totemist Wrote:When I did a summary for my planned (and swiftly given up on) LoK Choose-Your-Own-Adventure I had the Dickwolves, a crew of rogue pirates, and the slimes as factional enemies that the tribe Krystal adopted would have to defeat to unite their race under their banner and form an Empire. It's here if you'd like to idea mine, locked from inactivity.

I've taken a look, read some and decided to left the rest for another time when I realized it was pretty lengthy. But it's good. And it's kind of funny how most of us come to want a deeper life sim experience.

Totemist Wrote:One idea I really like is that the Clan Krystal winds up with are pretty egalitarian by Sharpclaw standards, allowing females to hunt, fight, and gain position instead of just using them as near-slaves and hatchling factories, but also fierce enough to be feared and respected by all the other warmongering lizards. I'm imagining something like the infamous Runic Men from 4chans playthrough of King of Dragon Pass: So goddamn tough that the Lust Demon was actually fought off by the few that kept their wits and still on their feet despite their newly weakened state, and smarter than many enemies would expect.

VladimirRomanov Wrote:That is kind of where I was going with my list of characters. Less of a sex-lusted society, more of an actual society that doesn't fret from kinky things. Both dark, and good kind. I am not a fan of games where everything is suddenly sex-themed for no reason, it cheapens the feeling for me. I like punishments, rewards, and generally gameplay that makes sense, and has kinky undertones towards it, rather than just a straight up orgy romp.

Spot on! :mrgreen:

Yeah, I also think that if any adult game is to remain entertaining for a decent amount of time, then it should escalate sex slowly. Almost at a grinding rate. See that 'Dating My Daughter' game... a perfect example. Patrons love that guy even if the story progresses so slowly from the point of view of many. Not me though. I love that game.

It's an extreme sample though. Sex in LoKR will need to be a little tad faster... :roll:

VladimirRomanov Wrote:Speaking of which, if any of you guys need help coming up with dialogue or quests or anything of the sort for the characters I made, that is, if you decided to use any of them, then feel free to let me know.

Yup, I'll definitely use several of your characters. I'd like to be less busy at the moment to be more inspired and come up with good quests/tasks for them, but time is short and I'll welcome any help if offered.
Abelius

Postby Enkide » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:53 am

Abelius Wrote:
Enkide Wrote:Hope my names are okay.

Yup, also the map idea is good and something I thought about the other day, because just in the demo the world is going to be bigger than the original in an order of magnitude. Not so varied unfortunately, but big.

Another idea, An interesting ranking system for how to end up a tribal leader, or a saurian survivor.
Enkide

Postby Troopage » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:40 am

Oh, I forgot to leave my feedback on the new speech animations in the "Patron only" speech demo. While it is indeed an improvement, I still feel like it is too slow.
Troopage

Postby Ungawa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 pm

I really think people should think about sex in adult games entirely. If you had a lot to do to learn about the world around you, that may make the sex actually better IMO.

For example, let's say you have corruption here. How would that affect Krystal? If she has a matriarchal mother at the top who's an older lady and she has a good path, would that be a different relationship on sex than a patriarchal father who gains women for power?

It would be really interesting to have two tribes and have this be something that makes them interact in some way. The sex would certainly be different but so would the society you're in which is my point. I just don't think people take such relationships into consideration enough and it hurts the games.
Ungawa

Postby Abelius » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:14 am

Enkide Wrote:Another idea, An interesting ranking system for how to end up a tribal leader, or a saurian survivor.

Saurian survivor? Like in that famous "Lara in Trouble" 3D video you mean? :lol:

Ungawa Wrote:I really think people should think about sex in adult games entirely. If you had a lot to do to learn about the world around you, that may make the sex actually better IMO.
For example, let's say you have corruption here. How would that affect Krystal? If she has a matriarchal mother at the top who's an older lady and she has a good path, would that be a different relationship on sex than a patriarchal father who gains women for power?
It would be really interesting to have two tribes and have this be something that makes them interact in some way. The sex would certainly be different but so would the society you're in which is my point. I just don't think people take such relationships into consideration enough and it hurts the games.

I agree. In fact, the reasons for making a game this complex and trying to put an effort at coding game mechanics that doesn't have anything to do with raw sex, is to make sex more valuable to the player when it happens.

About having an alternate village of 'amazonian lizards', it would be a good addition I suppose. They could be a neutral clan in the world map, so Krys could visit them and whatever. What I don't picture yet is to have an alternate story in which Krys happens to live in there and rise in their ranks instead of the RazorClaw clan. Time's short you know. ;)

Maybe in the far future, but not promising anything because I'm pretty sure people will want the slavery route first... :roll:

Troopage Wrote:Oh, I forgot to leave my feedback on the new speech animations in the "Patron only" speech demo. While it is indeed an improvement, I still feel like it is too slow.

Yes, it is. We feel the same way.

In fact I've been coding all day a procedural method for animating male lizards talking. And comparing his speaking speed with Krys I can clearly see there is big difference. So it will be changed.

Thanks.
Abelius

Postby Enkide » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:38 am

Abelius Wrote:
Enkide Wrote:Another idea, An interesting ranking system for how to end up a tribal leader, or a saurian survivor.

Saurian survivor? Like in that famous "Lara in Trouble" 3D video you mean? :lol:

Never played it. XD
Enkide

Postby Abelius » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:02 am

Enkide Wrote:Never played it. XD

StudioFOW material... you absolutely NEED to write "Lara in Trouble" in Google, be amazed and have some fun. :lol:
Abelius

Postby Soru » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:14 am

You should check out their Coliseum of Lust too. Actually you should watch all of their stuff; they do great SFM animations.
Soru

Postby Enkide » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:41 am

Abelius Wrote:
Enkide Wrote:Never played it. XD

StudioFOW material... you absolutely NEED to write "Lara in Trouble" in Google, be amazed and have some fun. :lol:

Well I was thinking more ranking to unlock stuff, like outfits and such depending on her actions, like choices and results. :3
Enkide

Postby TheUnspoken » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:42 am

Abelius Wrote:StudioFOW material... you absolutely NEED to write "Lara in Trouble" in Google, be amazed and have some fun. :lol:

Speaking of Lara...

Have you seen the project: "Lara with horse 2" by Animo Pron?

The animations and liquid physics are very impressive.

But before searching, I should warn, It is a wee bit over the top.
TheUnspoken
Newly Registered

Postby Ungawa » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:43 am

Holy sweet ballzack Unspoken, you REALLY underestimated that one...
Ungawa

Postby Abelius » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Enkide Wrote:Well I was thinking more ranking to unlock stuff, like outfits and such depending on her actions, like choices and results. :3

Yeah, back on topic... ;)

Indeed we have more outfits planned for Krys, apart of her pilot jumpsuit. And according to her choices as to how rank up in the clan, some will be unlocked and some others not.
Abelius

Postby Enkide » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:02 am

Abelius Wrote:
Enkide Wrote:Well I was thinking more ranking to unlock stuff, like outfits and such depending on her actions, like choices and results. :3

Indeed we have more outfits planned for Krys, apart of her pilot jumpsuit. And according to her choices as to how rank up in the clan, some will be unlocked and some others not.

Awesome.
Enkide

Postby VladimirRomanov » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:06 am

Abelius Wrote:

Epic :D
VladimirRomanov

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects