LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Legend of Krystal: Rebirth [UNITY]

Postby Aestral » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Totemist Wrote:2: I'd love to see some expressive getting-fucked faces, along the lines of your original artwork. The anal scene from the original game is one of my favorite things on this forum for that reason. As admittedly hot as it is to have her looked pissed off while she's getting yanked onto a Sharpclaw totem pole, I want to see Krystal pounded until she's slack-jawed and dick-drunk, or panting and blushing after choking down lizard cock, and definitely look like she's feeling that arm-thick reptile penis in her even when she's on the "just doing a job" path.
3: I'd really like it if we eventually got a nice orgasm animation from filling up the horny meter, and for the horny meter to fill faster when you pick the nympho options (linked heavily to the above), I love me some corruption. Maybe bonus enthusiastic sex scenes/alternate positions as our favorite Vixen gets sluttier.

This. I can't even begin to describe how many possibly good games turned out boring, because the heroine lacked character and had only 2 faces: the normal one, and the "I'm kinda into it, but kinda not. Can't decide because the artist was too lazy to create more than 2 faces" one used for every H-scene, consensual or not. For me, the expression is the most important part of the H-scene, and I'll often find myself focusing mostly on the expression and not on the position itself. I'll take a smaller pool of scenes with different expressions and dialogues over a crapload of different characterless positions any day.

Also, if the game has a horny/corruption meter, it's absolutely mandatory to have a little face of the protagonist next to it, showing the level of said stat.
Aestral

Postby Elaymidoray » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:39 am

Aestral Wrote:Also, if the game has a horny/corruption meter, it's absolutely mandatory to have a little face of the protagonist next to it, showing the level of said stat.

I second this, (and third it).
Elaymidoray

Postby Abelius » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi guys.

Regarding doubts about how expressive Krys (and other characters for that matter...) will be, we'd like to clear them out.

Kuja has drawn so many eyes, brows, lashes, mouths, teeth and tongue variations that the actual problem is not about how expressive could she be, but me having the creativity to combine all of those. :lol:

Nevertheless, I have in Spine about 22 expressions right now. Admittedly, only two of them are animated at the moment (laugh and raped) but I was only playing at the time with those and more serious work is still needed. Anyway, take a look...:

Image Image

And yeah, these are compatible with other animations simultaneously, so she could laugh while being drilled. Joys of skeletal-based animation... :mrgreen:

So my plan is to add some degree of movement to all of those that could have some, like a hanging tongue in ahegao expressions, etc. Also, I'd like to have smooth transitions for all of them. I mean, that she doesn't instantly change the expression but goes from the previous to the next, gradually. This is something that, if Spine Unity-runtimes don't give us any more troubles, is doable without much hassle.

In other words: don't worry about her being a soul-less mannequin. We'll make a serious effort at giving characters as much personality as we can afford. The only "negotiation" with you guys about this will be 'when', not 'if'. Thing is, we have a lot on our plates to launch a demo in a reasonable period of time (being two months maximum in my brain, don't know about the rest of the team), and we really need to be very picky about what we invest time on. Rest assured, I've never worked more in my life, between my regular job, family and this huge and epic endeavor. And I can vouch for Kuja and Spartacus being in the same train. :P

Now, about that little pic next to the 'horny bar' you suggest (almost greedily demand ;) ), we don't feel the seamless UI we've designed would go well with that. Take into account that current technology puts big screens with 1080p (if not higher) resolutions in our homes, so you'll see Krys and the rest of NPCs pretty BIG. You'll have no problem to tell how aroused she is just by looking at the model. And even if that's not enough because you play at a 13" laptop (why? just... why!?) you'll have some way to zoom in if you want. Moreover, if we put her head next to that area of the UI, at the current scale of the game you'll see that both heads will have almost the same size. :roll:

Also, if you're not already convinced, know that in conversations both characters will be seen in their current states (aroused, calm, angry, etc) at both sides of the screen (VN-style) starting from their waist upwards, occupying a LOT of space. More or less like this...:

And with that being said, I leave you to continue on the never-ending work. Cya!
Abelius

Postby Enkide » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Was curious, is this a beat em up? turnbase rpg? or like a life simulator? XD
Enkide

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:06 am

Every played any of the old Krystal games, I think it will more lean on life simulation
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Aestral » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Abelius Wrote:
Now, about that little pic next to the 'horny bar' you suggest (almost greedily demand ;) ), we don't feel the seamless UI we've designed would go well with that. Take into account that current technology puts big screens with 1080p (if not higher) resolutions in our homes, so you'll see Krys and the rest of NPCs pretty BIG. You'll have no problem to tell how aroused she is just by looking at the model. And even if that's not enough because you play at a 13" laptop (why? just... why!?) you'll have some way to zoom in if you want. Moreover, if we put her head next to that area of the UI, at the current scale of the game you'll see that both heads will have almost the same size. :roll:

Also, if you're not already convinced, know that in conversations both characters will be seen in their current states (aroused, calm, angry, etc) at both sides of the screen (VN-style) starting from their waist upwards, occupying a LOT of space. More or less like this...:

You're absolutely right. My brain went full derp mode and I completely forgot that the game's not going to have a RPG-style character frame with a portrait that could reflect Krystal's state, and it's going to have a proper dialogue menu with both characters shown instead. Scratch that part of my last post, what you guys have prepared is a lot better than a simple portrait :D Also, sorry for being so demanding, didn't mean it like that
Aestral

Postby Firefall » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Much as I'd like to have the demo instantly, all of the art I've seen so far is spectacular, those animations especially, and for a product like that I'm willing to wait as long as you guys need to make it great. Looking forward to seeing whats in store for us. Thanks for putting all the work into this.
Firefall

Postby Abelius » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:06 am

Enkide Wrote:Was curious, is this a beat em up? turnbase rpg? or like a life simulator? XD

Dead2112man Wrote:Every played any of the old Krystal games, I think it will more lean on life simulation

Yeah, I don't know if I'd use that exact term (life sim), but we'll focus on interactions and conversations with some (subtle) RPG mechanics.

Aestral Wrote:Scratch that part of my last post, what you guys have prepared is a lot better than a simple portrait :D Also, sorry for being so demanding, didn't mean it like that

Don't worry and you're welcome to contribute with your thoughts. All of them! ;)

Firefall Wrote:Much as I'd like to have the demo instantly, all of the art I've seen so far is spectacular, those animations especially, and for a product like that I'm willing to wait as long as you guys need to make it great. Looking forward to seeing whats in store for us. Thanks for putting all the work into this.

Thank you for your understanding. In any case we don't want to linger too much on waiting until we have a perfect demo, because as they say "Perfect is the enemy of Good". I think is better to deliver what we can put together ASAP, receive feedback from you guys and then focus on the things you considered most glaring.
Abelius

Postby Troopage » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:06 am

I have a thought... Since Krys will be traveling between planets, does this mean her ship is not be damaged like in every other LoK game? I hope we get to outfit it with cool stuff in that case. :D
Troopage

Postby VladimirRomanov » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:41 am

This is a really fun looking project, I just wish I had some talent to provide, because this is the kind of project that I'd love to be a part of. If nothing else, but to learn how these things are made. What kind of enemies (or should I say characters?) are you planning on introducing? Would one expect any differing types like bestial or of the monstrous variety?
VladimirRomanov

Postby Abelius » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:22 am

Troopage Wrote:I have a thought... Since Krys will be traveling between planets, does this mean her ship is not be damaged like in every other LoK game? I hope we get to outfit it with cool stuff in that case. :D

I'm not sure what you mean by cool stuff but... I don't want to spoil anything but yes, you can count on an expanded sci-fi setting.

And as a proud member of S.L.U.T. she's not gonna be alone in this. ;)

VladimirRomanov Wrote:This is a really fun looking project, I just wish I had some talent to provide, because this is the kind of project that I'd love to be a part of. If nothing else, but to learn how these things are made. What kind of enemies (or should I say characters?) are you planning on introducing? Would one expect any differing types like bestial or of the monstrous variety?

Kuja and me are streaming on Picarto from time to time, so if you go to our respective pages and click in 'follow', you'll be notified when we feel like boring some people to death. :roll:

And your question... again I don't want to advance too much into the overarching story (of which Spartacus is the master overmind) but yeah, when we finish the first chapter (Lust Demon in the Lizard Planet), Krys will be sent to other places that will be pretty different from the previous. So there's place for almost every furry/scaly/etc-y creature in the book.

Oh, I also want again to thank you people for supporting us even before we launch something playable. We really didn't count on this level of trust and we're pretty surprised and flattered. So thank you! :mrgreen:
Abelius

Postby Enkide » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:57 am

Abelius Wrote:
Enkide Wrote:Was curious, is this a beat em up? turnbase rpg? or like a life simulator? XD

Yeah, I don't know if I'd use that exact term (life sim), but we'll focus on interactions and conversations with some (subtle) RPG mechanics.

Well I can't wait to see what it offers.
Enkide

Postby Gizmo1206 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:11 am

loving everything im seeing so much im now supporting you guys on patreon but im wondering will there be pregnancy(eggs and whatnot)?
Gizmo1206

Postby Troopage » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:27 am

Abelius Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by cool stuff

I just meant upgrades in general. :lol:
Troopage

Postby Abelius » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Gizmo1206 Wrote:loving everything im seeing so much im now supporting you guys on patreon but im wondering will there be pregnancy(eggs and whatnot)?

Thank you Gizmo. Well, last time we talked internally about which fetishes we'd consider to implement, pregnancy came up as possibly the number one (or two) people tend to ask for, and as it's not something particularly controversial and a huge turn on for so much people, yeah, it's in our 'short list' at the moment.

We also (as you) differentiated about the types of pregnancy. A normal mammal gestation would be maybe too much to manage plot-wise, so oviposition is the easiest to implement and instantly gratifying. And taking into account that she'll be constantly being screwed by lizards in the first level... well. :roll:

However, as we're also hard pressed to launch a demo ASAP, we won't introduce it at first. Hope you understand.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to suggest game mechanics related to this. ;)
Abelius

Postby Enkide » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:47 am

Abelius Wrote:
Gizmo1206 Wrote:loving everything im seeing so much im now supporting you guys on patreon but im wondering will there be pregnancy(eggs and whatnot)?

Thank you Gizmo. Well, last time we talked internally about which fetishes we'd consider to implement, pregnancy came up as possibly the number one (or two) people tend to ask for, and as it's not something particularly controversial and a huge turn on for so much people, yeah, it's in our 'short list' at the moment.

We also (as you) differentiated about the types of pregnancy. A normal mammal gestation would be maybe too much to manage plot-wise, so oviposition is the easiest to implement and instantly gratifying. And taking into account that she'll be constantly being screwed by lizards in the first level... well. :roll:

However, as we're also hard pressed to launch a demo ASAP, we won't introduce it at first. Hope you understand.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to suggest game mechanics related to this. ;)

Could shorten the period of her pregnancy to a few cycle levels, like three framed days to swell her belly, three days til she give birth after.
Enkide

Postby napala » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:20 am

I realize that if pregnancy fetish is something that you can and should implement, then it's better for you to do that.

However, I do hope you can also add a on/off toggle for that (and other) fetish, you know, for those who find them as a turn-off.
napala

Postby Elaymidoray » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 am

Apalapan Wrote:I realize that if pregnancy fetish is something that you can and should implement, then it's better for you to do that.

However, I do hope you can also add a on/off toggle for that (and other) fetish, you know, for those who find them as a turn-off.

I agree with this, whole heartedly, and add another vote to it. I personally enjoy the concept of pregnancy, particularly if it's oviposition as stated, but I look at it the same way as I look at religion and politics. If ye like it, sure. Ye wanna talk about, cool. But no need to go shoving it into other peoples faces willy nilly.
Elaymidoray

Postby Gizmo1206 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 am

Abelius Wrote:

Yay :D and yeah i definitely understand just really happy to hear it will eventually be in
Gizmo1206

Postby Abelius » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Apalapan Wrote:I realize that if pregnancy fetish is something that you can and should implement, then it's better for you to do that.

Elaymidoray Wrote:I agree with this, whole heartedly, and add another vote to it. I personally enjoy the concept of pregnancy, particularly if it's oviposition as stated, but I look at it the same way as I look at religion and politics. If ye like it, sure. Ye wanna talk about, cool. But no need to go shoving it into other peoples faces willy nilly.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot to mention that of course every fetish could be turned off if desired.

In fact, that's the main reason because we need to tread carefully when adding them, as things could get pretty complex for Spartacus if a combination of fetishes doesn't make sense plot-wise.
Abelius

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects