LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.1.2 (updated Dec 22nd) Walk/Run toggle

Postby keke » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:46 am

Hey Abelius, more or less, what time do you usually be streaming? It's just that I've never had the luck to catch you.
Greetings and encouragement, the game points out ways.
keke

Postby Abelius » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:30 pm

keke Wrote:Hey Abelius, more or less, what time do you usually be streaming? It's just that I've never had the luck to catch you.
Greetings and encouragement, the game points out ways.

I don't have a definite schedule and I only feel like streaming when I know I'll be animating, or doing something related, for hours. Anyway, if you go to my Picarto you can follow me and get a notification when I start the thing. I'm in GMT+1, btw.

Next streaming will most probably be about Krys "new" inward legs and feet for the footjob scenes we have planned.
Abelius

Postby Abelius » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:53 pm

I guess I'm finally done with this one...

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Abelius

Postby Sullix » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:00 pm

That stride is equally as captivating as it is menacing. Can't wait to see it in game!
Your friendly lurker
Sullix

Postby Latios411 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 am

Can't wait for the Slavery path >:3
Latios411

Postby Abelius » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Nemiri's sex education... :roll:

Just a little experiment though. That's not going to be in-game. Yet... :mrgreen:
Abelius

Postby EyeOfCthulhu » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:04 am

oh you tease, i love it! Unfortunately now you have me hyped, and as i really cannot afford to spend money right now, i'll just have to wait patiently!
EyeOfCthulhu

Postby keke » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi, Abelius and Kuja, if you need some help with the dialoges or the plot, I can help with all the honours.
keke

Postby Kattlarv » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:19 am

Gotta admit: I just now realized they have balls and... can't say I'm a fan of it. They look really odd on them xP
Kattlarv

Postby Abelius » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Kattlarv Wrote:Gotta admit: I just now realized they have balls and... can't say I'm a fan of it. They look really odd on them xP

Because they're lizards, you mean, or because they're dangly in all situations...? :roll:
Abelius

Postby Abelius » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:51 pm

This is the Patrons-only post I've just published at Patreon...:

This is so sad, Patreon...

[Abelius]: So here we come again...

Dating my Daughter and Big Brother have been forcibly shut down by Patreon.

I cannot express how frustrated and sad I feel at seeing those two great games going down, along with the livelihoods of their creators.

Some people say Patreon is not at fault, because they're only following the guidelines imposed by PayPal/Stripe, which in turn are companies that only care about money and the statistical risk commonly associated with adult-related transactions.

And sum to that that all those companies are based in a country (USA) that have made any depiction (yes, even fantasies) of an illegal sexual activity as illegal as their real world counterparts... and we have the perfect recipe for the epic witch hunt we're seeing in the last months.

I won't enter into a lengthy discussion about how incredibly fucked up it seems to me that fantasies are prohibited in the "Land of Freedom". My country is SO much more free than that...

However, from my point of view Patreon may be the executioner only, but their pro-activeness (Mr. Dots have been instructed to send his next game dialogues to them for prior approval!) in this matter could only be interpreted in one light: they have become mainstream enough that they don't care about adult creators anymore (they're already earning far more with mainstream creators than NSFW ones).

LOKR doesn't have (atm) any of those taboo topics, but I'm pretty sure that even if the rest of us fall in line and eliminate/refrain from adding all "questionable" content to our games, they'll attack us again at some point in the future until one day we wake up to a new ToS document stating that "Patreon doesn't allow any NSWF content".

Because at this point, Patreon's reassuring words are worth nothing to me.

That said, what we could do...? Well, I've been seeing into alternative financing methods like Hatreon and MakerSupport, even itch.io. But make no mistake: all of those are still US-based companies that will be slaves to payment processors when they become big enough.

Moreover, I don't think they have the same payment options as Patreon, both for patrons and creators. Patreon needed to convince PayPal allowing them to be used as option for NSFW projects, and only since one year ago. And payouts to Payoneer are also a necessity for us, being international creators.

Nevertheless, we've realized we cannot put all the eggs in the same basket, so I'm going to research into all those crowdfunding sites and return to you with an informed decision. Know, however, that LOKR will obviously continue on Patreon for as long as they allow our presence.

Trust me this is the last thing I needed: to spend even more of my limited time to ensure our livelihoods are not suddenly destroyed on a whim by some SJW "moderator". But they haven't left us any choice, I'm afraid. Hosting the game just here has become suicidal.

Anyway, I'll focus for now on completing 0.2 and we'll talk again after its launch, okay?

And thank you for all your support. I don't usually thank you enough for your faith in this project and us. Seeing how you stay with us month after month heats my heart. :-)

These are sad days for our gaming community... :|
Abelius

Postby RyuTenshi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm

The problem with fetishes and sexual fantasies is that while almost everyone is ok with talking about it behind closed doors, but drag that stuff into the open and most of them start to play a saint who never heard and/or even despises those things.
Its the classic old social fear of being outcast for liking and or enjoing things that might not fit in the thing that many call "Normal".

Anyway i still hope you will be able to keep up the good work and that we can enjoy v0.2 soon :D
RyuTenshi

Postby nad destroyer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Well shit. How many patreon pages are at risk? WIll Big Brother and Dating my Daughter continue?
nad destroyer

Postby Abelius » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:29 pm

RyuTenshi Wrote:The problem with fetishes and sexual fantasies is that while almost everyone is ok with talking about it behind closed doors, but drag that stuff into the open and most of them start to play a saint who never heard and/or even despises those things.
Its the classic old social fear of being outcast for liking and or enjoing things that might not fit in the thing that many call "Normal".

You've quoted my exact thoughts on the matter. :roll:

nad destroyer Wrote:Well shit. How many patreon pages are at risk? WIll Big Brother and Dating my Daughter continue?

That's the problem. They will not! :( Not on Patreon for sure.

Dark Silver have said 0.13 will be the last version of Big Brother (that fucking breaks my heart). And Mr. Dots have somewhat suggested that he may resource to create a "new game" (more like a placeholder) in his Patreon page, host Dating My Daughter offsite and ask people to support the former... which obviously will be a "covert" way of indirectly continue getting support for DmD. Only time will tell if Patreon continues the witch hunt and closes his page regardless...

And as for how many pages are at risk... well, just imagine... we can't even talk about non-con, incest, guro or bestiality. Tell me a h-game that doesn't even scratch superficially one of those topics...
Abelius

Postby Kattlarv » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:36 am

Abelius Wrote:
Kattlarv Wrote:Gotta admit: I just now realized they have balls and... can't say I'm a fan of it. They look really odd on them xP

Because they're lizards, you mean, or because they're dangly in all situations...? :roll:

Yeah, because of the reptile angle. Granted, tbh, the female ones have tits so... guess these specific reptiles are warm-blooded? xD
But yes, also due to the dangle. It's a tad bit much sway to them. More like they are hanging off the body, rather than be attached to it.

As for the patreon thing: Hm... that is really blargh.
It seems to be that they ignore things, UNLESS they become popular enough.
Really not sure where things will go from here.
Kattlarv

Postby Enkide » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:38 pm

If I knew how to code websites, and figure out how pateron does there, I doubt there is little money to make in stuff that's adult based, people just are judgemental.
Enkide

Postby Oosieloos » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Will 0.2 have any progression on the pot scenes? With either the guy or Eri?

Also interested to see what's in store for the creepy guy, I thought it was quite peculiar that he had an additional (and probably quite easily missed) scene when you enter his hut.
Oosieloos
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:21 pm

New Nemiri idle pose

For the people coming from Patreon, the reason for publishing this here should be obvious taking into account how Patreon stirs at the smallest hint of anything that could break their ToS... like their boobs being the smallest you'll find in this game. :roll:

When we have our own WordPress server we won't have this problem, I guess.
Abelius

Postby keke » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 am

Hey Abelius, I already know u dont like to give a date, but, more or less. When will be v.02 ready?
I already have a regular job, and Im going to be a patreon soon! One more for the quest :P
keke

Postby Abelius » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:50 am

Kattlarv Wrote:
Abelius Wrote:

Yeah, because of the reptile angle. Granted, tbh, the female ones have tits so... guess these specific reptiles are warm-blooded? xD
But yes, also due to the dangle. It's a tad bit much sway to them. More like they are hanging off the body, rather than be attached to it.

Okay, I know what you mean. In fact, when we humans are excited our testicles get retracted and stiffer, so they don't hang freely when we're screwing someone. :roll:

I'll try to keep that in mind for the sexual animations, thanks.

Oosieloos Wrote:Will 0.2 have any progression on the pot scenes? With either the guy or Eri?
Also interested to see what's in store for the creepy guy, I thought it was quite peculiar that he had an additional (and probably quite easily missed) scene when you enter his hut.

'Pot guy' scenes will escalate a little in 0.2. The main work is with Cenvir, Meiri's mate.

About Eri, we may need to wait for 0.3, because she's basically blackmailing Krys, and that scene would require her being at another level of lust and/or submission.

'Creepy guy' will be quite the character, yeah. You'll see something from him in 0.2

keke Wrote:Hey Abelius, I already know u dont like to give a date, but, more or less. When will be v.02 ready?
I already have a regular job, and Im going to be a patreon soon! One more for the quest :P

Nice. Well, I can't give you a date, even approximate, because that would require me foreseeing all the technical problems I'll have with the scenes I'm creating.

We want to release this month and will do everything in our power for that happening, but there are two things I also want that continue happening while developing this game...: having fun while doing it and maintaining quality. And too much stress and hurries will compromise those principles. I hope you understand.
Abelius

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects