LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.1.1 (updated Dec 5th) Fast travel added!

Postby hat973 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Your making better progress then I am...Maybe I should rethink my game more before jumping into the fighting plat former....
Red light panda

:ugeek: Tumbler: Tumbler
:geek: I have a Blog: Red Light Blog
;) I stream to Give me a Watch over at: Picarto
:mrgreen: Donate: Patreon
:roll: Discord:Discord
hat973

Postby nad destroyer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Oh thank god there is now a fast travel option. I love this game but she walks slow...
nad destroyer

Postby BlackDread » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm

^ you can double click to walk faster.

Loved this update, the game is really starting to take shape, looking forward to the future
BlackDread

Postby keke » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:27 am

will be a zipper suit in the v.02?
keke

Postby Abelius » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:00 am

keke Wrote:will be a zipper suit in the v.02?

Nope. That has more work than we can manage when there's so much new story-wise content to do in the short term.
Abelius

Re: LOK: Rebirth v0.1.2 (updated Dec 22nd) Walk/Run toggle

Postby Abelius » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:03 am

v0.1.2 released in OP.

Patreon post:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

v0.1.2: walk/run toggle and... boring internal things

Hi there people,

This is a feature update only. That means there is no new content to see. However, you need to start over due to a lot of variables changes.

These past weeks I've been optimizing the code, mainly. It was good at first, seeing so much manual code going nicely into automated state machines...

Then things started to get complex. Those machines fighting against each other in ways I didn't even think were possible. And at the end, I've spent more time fixing things the new code broke than actually introducing that code at all.

Seriously... I've been on the verge of crying on some occasions. The worst disadvantage you have when working with plugins is that you don't know much about what is happening in the background. So the debugging process has been a true nightmare.

In fact, I've reported about three genuine bugs to plugin authors in these past weeks, which is a feat in itself because we're talking about professional coding guys. Nothing like me who only count on my logic...

Anyway, all has come to a good end (I think) and I can present you this version which apart from many (MANY!) internal changes also has a walk/run toggle feature.

It's basically an 'Always Run' switch you can flip with CAPS Lock key.

Also, you'll probably notice you can invoke the Esc Menu in more instances. Not in conversations though, and you still can't save/load in cutscenes, but at least you could Quit to the Main Menu if you feel like it.

Moreover... there WAS a 'hold to move' feature as well. And I say 'was' because I had no other option than to remove it. It was causing a shit-ton of bugs because it relies on the path-finding plugin I still use.

Thing is, I needed to update that plugin and I thought it was working much better, so I tried to give you guys that functionality. But after some testing, it's been clear it's not working okay. If something changes in the future I'll promise to revisit the issue.

Anyway, here are the links. You'll notice there is no Linux version this time around...: that compiler failed, so I'll need to send a ticket to some people, sorry.

I hope you guys have great holidays and get laid this New Year's Eve! ^_^
Abelius

Postby hadlem » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Hey i was wondering if there was a list of available jobs and how to access them, the only thing i seems to be able to do is wash the pot; is that the only job implemented currently?
hadlem
Newly Registered

Postby Meme » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:53 pm

When you fail the pot quest and eri gives you "the other option", what are the required skills/conditions?
Meme
Newly Registered

Postby Meme » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:24 pm

when eri gives you the second option after failing to wash the pot, what is required to click the red text? or is it not available yet?
Meme
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Abelius Wrote:v0.1.2 released in OP.

Patreon post:

v0.1.2: walk/run toggle and... boring internal things

Hi there people,

This is a feature update only. That means there is no new content to see. However, you need to start over due to a lot of variables changes.

These past weeks I've been optimizing the code, mainly. It was good at first, seeing so much manual code going nicely into automated state machines...

Then things started to get complex. Those machines fighting against each other in ways I didn't even think were possible. And at the end, I've spent more time fixing things the new code broke than actually introducing that code at all.

Seriously... I've been on the verge of crying on some occasions. The worst disadvantage you have when working with plugins is that you don't know much about what is happening in the background. So the debugging process has been a true nightmare.

In fact, I've reported about three genuine bugs to plugin authors in these past weeks, which is a feat in itself because we're talking about professional coding guys. Nothing like me who only count on my logic...

Anyway, all has come to a good end (I think) and I can present you this version which apart from many (MANY!) internal changes also has a walk/run toggle feature.

It's basically an 'Always Run' switch you can flip with CAPS Lock key.

Also, you'll probably notice you can invoke the Esc Menu in more instances. Not in conversations though, and you still can't save/load in cutscenes, but at least you could Quit to the Main Menu if you feel like it.

Moreover... there WAS a 'hold to move' feature as well. And I say 'was' because I had no other option than to remove it. It was causing a shit-ton of bugs because it relies on the path-finding plugin I still use.

Thing is, I needed to update that plugin and I thought it was working much better, so I tried to give you guys that functionality. But after some testing, it's been clear it's not working okay. If something changes in the future I'll promise to revisit the issue.

Anyway, here are the links. You'll notice there is no Linux version this time around...: that compiler failed, so I'll need to send a ticket to some people, sorry.

I hope you guys have great holidays and get laid this New Year's Eve! ^_^

Excellent QOL change. Keep the good work up!

hadlem Wrote:Hey i was wondering if there was a list of available jobs and how to access them, the only thing i seems to be able to do is wash the pot; is that the only job implemented currently?

Washing the pot, and it's related events, are the only thing you can do in this version.

Meme Wrote:When you fail the pot quest and eri gives you "the other option", what are the required skills/conditions?

That event is not available yet.
napala

Postby Kattlarv » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:35 am

Man, I've been away for weeks. Welp, seems there was a lot of shiz done.
Might as well give it a look :P

I do really hope this game will make the females as bit a douches as the males xP ("Oh, I have something you can eat." xD)
That was always lacking in the first one.
I can say: I am kind of amused by that they call her "mammal" when they are mammals themselves xP

Still, gotta say Krystal's loli vag isn't all that impressive. But, I know that was up for debate on changing it. No clue if a conclusion was reached, or if it's even been discussed outside of here, but eh.
There is some serious sexual dimorfism going on with these sharpclaw hehe. Also: I still find their manner of speech to be VERY mixed. They mix tribal talk with city slurs in a very... peculiar manner.
I can say though: Think you could use something else other than... annoying ass baby noises? xD You could at least have gone for some reptile chirps or something xP

Huh, seems to be some more variety in personalities for the characters in this one. That's really cool.
Really liking all of the design and background so far. (well, bar the Krystal model's junk) Music is nice too. (bar the babies xD)
Some eyebrow quirking things here and there. But not many. Mostly choice of dialogue. Still not sure what vocabulary they are supposed to have.

The faster walking and map are really essential heh. Allows the game to have a good pace.
The story so far is pretty okay as well.

Quick continuity question: Is Krystal ever told of Nesi's name? I just played past that part, and I don't remember it ever being brought up.
I can say though: People asking for nametags on speech: Come on, their names are shown before you click them...

I know it's mentioned to include teen girls in it. I am curious though: Will Krystal be able to interact with them? Or is it just one of those "you can look, but not touch" things for male scenes?

But yeah, as said above: I REALLY hope the girls in this game will at least have a sex drive and urges. Was really dull when their sole interest was [pleasure dick]. And that was literally the personality of 100 % of the female NPC's and the PC xP
I mean, we have one that's a total douche. But, just in a non-sexual manner.
The mention of the unavailable scene does give me some hope heh.

It does amuse me how Krystal even bought that lie xD
It reminds me of the "diplomacy" video parody.

Not sure if the same bug: But if you save the game at the female area, then load, you have a high chance of having to press "ESC" to be able to move. You get up a incomplete menu with only "resume, sound and quit". Seems to randomly pop up after you talk to certain npc's, or go to certain places.
Kattlarv

Postby pafupafu » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 pm

hello someone could tell me there's something new in the game because I'm playing it and i can not find anything new. is there any new interaction? New Sex? thanks
pafupafu
Newly Registered

Postby Soru » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:33 am

If you're talking about the latest update, v0.1.2, then the only new major thing is the ability to toggle running. You have to start over though because of all the changes to the coding. You can check the changelog for more info.
Soru

Postby pafupafu » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:19 am

yeah im speaking about the latest update and i create i new game but i didn't notice news in there and the changelog is sayings (- So many internal changes, that I've lost track at some point...) so that its lol. i just want to know if there is new interaction.
pafupafu
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi there,

Sorry for not being too communicative these days, but family holidays across the country are preventing me from having much time and a stable connection.

pafupafu Wrote:yeah im speaking about the latest update and i create i new game but i didn't notice news in there and the changelog is sayings (- So many internal changes, that I've lost track at some point...) so that its lol. i just want to know if there is new interaction.

It's like Soru says. There's no new content in third-digit versions (x.x.2 this time). Only when you see a second-digit version going up (from 0.1.x to 0.2.0), new content will be added. Those 'internal' changes are related to code optimization only.
Abelius

Postby pafupafu » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Ohh okey thanks .
pafupafu
Newly Registered

Postby FuzzFace » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Kattlarv Wrote: People asking for nametags on speech: Come on, their names are shown before you click them...

In regards, You don't really click on the guy that stops you when you go on the pot quest. It just happens, and you don't even know the name of him. Some people have mistaken him for being Sek because the two are in similar places. Other than that, Excuse me! are you saying you are better than me because you can remember someone's name? High and mighty are we? well i'll congratulate your superior genes, if you check your privilege.
FuzzFace

Postby FuzzFace » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:51 am

Sorry if I sounded rude, I need to apologize. I was angry at the time.
FuzzFace

Postby Kattlarv » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:04 am

FuzzFace Wrote:
Kattlarv Wrote: People asking for nametags on speech: Come on, their names are shown before you click them...

In regards, You don't really click on the guy that stops you when you go on the pot quest. It just happens, and you don't even know the name of him. Some people have mistaken him for being Sek because the two are in similar places. Other than that, Excuse me! are you saying you are better than me because you can remember someone's name? High and mighty are we? well i'll congratulate your superior genes, if you check your privilege.

That's not the same guy? xD
Well, shows how much I was paying attention when doing the pot quest, versus scouting the area heh.
And eh: It's coo.

Side note: Just failed the pot quest to check what that did, and well. Seems like there is a douche female after all. Sexually, as well as just generally.
I do hope the variety keeps up ^^
Kattlarv

Postby Borkenone » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Kattlarv Wrote:That's not the same guy? xD
Well, shows how much I was paying attention when doing the pot quest, versus scouting the area heh.
And eh: It's coo.

Well the eye colors are different as I have noticed.
To be fair most of them are not very well characterized at the moment.
Borkenone

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects