LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: LOK: Rebirth [Unity] Demo (e) (updated Jul 29th) Mac bui

Postby Malcanthet » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 am

*big thumbs up* keep forging ahead. I know what even attempting to do this sort of thing does to you
Malcanthet

Postby Abelius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:43 pm

skybreather11 Wrote:Can anyone link me the demo posted before with all the test gallery animations? I found it before, but it seems to have disappeared...

Here you go: https://mega.nz/#!FgdDjS5C!QxrMiY7x0gCDUFrKTwB3c5kHqO6DrMp2O0BlCKOwono ;)
Abelius

Postby justedufun » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Keep it up Abelius, we give you all our support and have faith on you, i know you will release this v0.1, no matter how many times it takes, it's ok :D And that's mean you are working hard on it to be sure your "first" playable release will be great ;)
justedufun
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:50 am

Some random eye candy, in case you can't see it in Patreon... ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

In case you're wondering, she's one of the NPC that will appear at v0.1

Thanks!
Abelius

Postby MerDeLumiere » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:29 am

Is she what the poll on the patreon is about? Tough choice. I prefer the yellow version, but I'm partial to the amber eyes of the others. I'm assuming that one doesn't have the same eye colour because it was a bit monochromatic? Coppery green skin, electrum jewellery and amber eyes? Might not work well, I suppose. Not sure why the loincloth isn't still transparent, though.

On a semi related note, I'd like to ask you if Krystal is going to get some new clothes from the natives. If she is, is it likely to be a story progression thing or some kind of job or job tier related reward?

I feel like I should compliment both of your work, but everything is so solid that I'm kinda drawing a blank. Keep up the good work? Uh, I like that the faces are fairly blunt. I mean, boobs covered in soft fur would probably be genuinely good in the real world, but an actual dogs head just isn't sexy. Does that count as a compliment?
MerDeLumiere

Postby Darthjake » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:21 pm

I keep going to either the left of the right one, the middle one, just seems a not right color, I dunno.

But other then the middle one's color she looks great!
Darthjake

Postby Abelius » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 pm

MerDeLumiere Wrote:Is she what the poll on the patreon is about? Tough choice. I prefer the yellow version, but I'm partial to the amber eyes of the others. I'm assuming that one doesn't have the same eye colour because it was a bit monochromatic? Coppery green skin, electrum jewellery and amber eyes? Might not work well, I suppose. Not sure why the loincloth isn't still transparent, though.

Actually, it started the other way. I put green eyes on the first two and saw it was too much green. A pity as my dream girl is a freckled redhead with green eyes. :P

The aqua loincloth is intended, as the yellow transparent one didn't stand out one bit.

MerDeLumiere Wrote:On a semi related note, I'd like to ask you if Krystal is going to get some new clothes from the natives. If she is, is it likely to be a story progression thing or some kind of job or job tier related reward?

I intended to keep her bodysuit for a while, but I admit it's not too 'realistic', taking into account she will be in a humid and hot environment. Not that it's a big issue (it's a game after all).

Anyway... yeah, she needs more clothes to choose from. Thing is, most of the current lizard clothes are pretty revealing and she shouldn't feel too comfortable at first wearing them. We'll look into that.

Also, the idea of some of them being actually 'unlocked' with specific jobs is a good one. Some of them come to my mind already. Thanks. ;)

Darthjake Wrote:I keep going to either the left of the right one, the middle one, just seems a not right color, I dunno.
But other then the middle one's color she looks great!

Kuja likes yellow the most. Me... I'll remain neutral in that regard. :lol:
Abelius

Postby Darthjake » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 pm

/Hangs head in shame, I wasn't even looking at the eyes, now that I did, the right, most definately.
Darthjake

Postby VladimirRomanov » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Grenpls
VladimirRomanov

Postby napala » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 pm

If we had to vote, I'd say the Green one.
napala

Postby Ungawa » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:59 am

Not to be a leech, but I like Green. Seems far healthier than the other two tones. The haunting eyes of Yellow are indeed alluring, but when it comes to Green, the vibrancy of her skin tone makes me wanna smack dat ass...
Ungawa

Postby Abelius » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:52 am

LOL... :lol:

Well, it seems that Lime will win the poll by a comfortable margin. So I've thought of making another female NPC and give her that bright green skin tone. I'm pretty positive you'll love her... :roll:
Abelius

Postby Estherfunworld » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Wow It looks really cool ! I'll try it out.
Memory Trees RPG Life+Farming simulation game
https://sites.google.com/site/memorialtreesforgetmenot/

My Deviantart:http://esther-shen.deviantart.com/

Don't force someone to do something that you don't do because it just selfish
Estherfunworld

Postby Archer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:12 am

Abelius Wrote:LOL... :lol:

Well, it seems that Lime will win the poll by a comfortable margin. So I've thought of making another female NPC and give her that bright green skin tone. I'm pretty positive you'll love her... :roll:

Have to say that Lime does look best all things considered, though i have to say i really love those shining green eyes on yellow.
Since you said it began with the other two having those eyes mind showing what we are missing out on?
I mean its not like its unimaginable but if its not too much trouble i would like to see it. :mrgreen:
Archer
Newly Registered

Postby Abelius » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:45 am

Archer Wrote:Since you said it began with the other two having those eyes mind showing what we are missing out on?
I mean its not like its unimaginable but if its not too much trouble i would like to see it. :mrgreen:

Of course, here you go!

ImageImage

You see? Too much green for my taste. Even if "Yellow" is more like a Khaki green, it stands out better than in these two, imho.

Anyway, now that the poll is not going to change, I guess I could say I liked Lime best for this character in particular. She's supposed to be a dancer and the hottest girl in the village... though that last fact is questionable, considering who her BFF will be... :roll:
Abelius

Postby out53 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Abelius Wrote:

ImageImage

imo, the one on the left looks better. The design fits the color more. :D On another note, do you have an approximation of when the next update will come out? I'm really loving how its turning out so far.
out53

Postby Abelius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 pm

out53 Wrote:On another note, do you have an approximation of when the next update will come out?

I suck at giving work estimates, and I've broken expectations two times already... :(

So I've taken a different approach this time. Instead of giving a date or 'weeks remaining' guess, we have a Trello board now where you guys could take a look at the tasks that are still to be done for the next version, as mentioned here:

New Trello board to track progress

Anyway, if you want a VERY rough best effort estimation, I'd say we should launch over the course of October. That is, if I'm being able to maintain my current level of dedication to the project (in other words, if RL doesn't mess with me too much).
Abelius

Postby Enkide » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Abelius Wrote:
out53 Wrote:On another note, do you have an approximation of when the next update will come out?

I suck at giving work estimates, and I've broken expectations two times already... :(

So I've taken a different approach this time. Instead of giving a date or 'weeks remaining' guess, we have a Trello board now where you guys could take a look at the tasks that are still to be done for the next version, as mentioned here:

New Trello board to track progress

Anyway, if you want a VERY rough best effort estimation, I'd say we should launch over the course of October. That is, if I'm being able to maintain my current level of dedication to the project (in other words, if RL doesn't mess with me too much).

This is a lot better than giving release dates. kinda shuts up everyone. kudos to you.
Enkide

Postby The Third Triumverate » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello, new member, and relatively new Linux user. I am running the latest version of ubuntu, and would greatly appreciate a little help regarding unzipping with ubuntu OS. I used the unrar e command to unzip what I downloaded from mega, but I'm not sure how to actually get to the exe file at this point... I tried to cd into the rar "directory" after unzipping but terminal would not let me do so; any Linux users that can help? Thank you!
The Third Triumverate

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 am

The Third Triumverate Wrote:Hello, new member, and relatively new Linux user. I am running the latest version of ubuntu, and would greatly appreciate a little help regarding unzipping with ubuntu OS. I used the unrar e command to unzip what I downloaded from mega, but I'm not sure how to actually get to the exe file at this point... I tried to cd into the rar "directory" after unzipping but terminal would not let me do so; any Linux users that can help? Thank you!

On Ubuntu, your default should be "Archive Manager", which is easy enough to use from the filesystem GUI.

Otherwise, if you want to do it in the terminal, it'll be

unrar x LoK\ Rebirth\ -\ Demo\ \(e\)\ [Linux].rar
cd LoK\ Rebirth\ Demo\ \(e\)\ \[Linux\]
chmod +x LoK\ Rebirth.x86
./LoK\ Rebirth.x86

If you want to play the Windows version for some reason, install Wine with "sudo apt-get install wine", then "wine LoK\ Rebirth.exe"

Also, I'm happy to see the demo, and especially happy to see a linux demo!
Zeus Kabob

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects