LOK: Rebirth v0.4e (updated July 26th)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Legend of Krystal: Rebirth [UNITY]

Postby Abelius » Fri May 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi guys,

Here's a totally off-topic shameful self-promotion post for your pleasure...: :D

New game (WHH): need professional perverts for brainstorming

I'd be great if you take a look. It'd be awesome if you even participate. ;)

Thank you.
Abelius

Postby Totemist » Sun May 07, 2017 7:21 pm

This is looking like everything I ever wanted from a LoK game. Give me a reluctant (to varying degrees) heroine fucking a lot of monsters and getting really, really sticky and I will be happy.
Totemist

Postby VladimirRomanov » Thu May 11, 2017 5:15 am

And Krystal getting the much needed attention she deserves. She is the gateway drug to the furry world after all. ^
VladimirRomanov

Postby Abelius » Mon May 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Long time I didn't remember about streaming while working, so here's just a little notice that I'm rigging and adjusting the Lust Demon on Picarto.

Boring work and I don't know if I'll be a lot of time, but if you want to see some nice boobs now's the time... :roll:
Abelius

Postby Abelius » Fri May 19, 2017 1:22 am

As you may know, Lust Demon's pheromones could turn everybody in the village into sex crazed studs and sluts... Krys being no different. :roll:

Having some alone time... stage 1 (there will be others).
Abelius

Postby Aestral » Fri May 19, 2017 5:09 pm

It's going to be a loooong week...

Also, the gif reminded me of two questions I wanted to ask for some time now, but I kept forgetting about them:

1. How's the first release going to look like in terms of content? Is it going to have the entire first planet, half of it, or just an intro?

2. Since there's not going to be any real fighting in the game, will there be bad endings? Things like "Krystal had too much sex and ended up becoming Lust Demon's slave, tough tits". On one hand they could open up some new scenes while also making the writing a little bit easier since Krys wouldn't have to be wearing plot armor all the time. On the other hand, they could get annoying since you'd have to constantly load the game if you wanted to see everything.
Aestral

Postby Abelius » Fri May 19, 2017 8:28 pm

1. It'll be more like an intro really, as most of our work to date was directed into putting together the 'engine', backgrounds, character creation and me messing up with dozens of image layers to find the sweet spot in how the hell are you supposed to rig a model appropriately, so you don't end up fighting against the model instead of animating it. :roll:

Also, even as it could come as a surprise to you, some time has passed since the last time I've looked at the demo. I can't tell you if there's going to be many "quests" in this first version or not. :P

However, we're going to launch monthly updates from now on. And when I say "update" I mean a balance act between content (plot & events) and features (game mechanics).

What this means is that LoK:R won't necessarily grow 'sequentially'. If we feel something of Chapter 1 should be changed to enhance the experience for new players, we'll do it even if we're working on Chapter 2 at the same time. I feel, for instance pretty bad about how I've rigged Krys. It's giving me headaches to move her boobs easily and reallistically due to bad bone parenting and weighting. On the other hand, the Kitsune has been a breeze because I knew I was doing from the start. So a rerig of K is going to be needed asap. Not now before the demo, of course, but soon. And that's work that will impact on my general schedule... Good thing I'll work on making games full time by June's end. :lol:

2. That I can't honestly answer. It's more in the territory of Spartacus. At this moment there's no penalty from having 'too much sex' because she's even supposed to have a lot to increase her 'sexperience'. :P

In fact there's going to be an event in which you'll need to have a high 'level' to have chances of "winning". Although if you do or not, that won't mean a game over screen.

To be honest, we will need feedback from you guys to shape those kind of things. And not only in the form of polls. Some kind of brainstorming will be needed I think, although we all need to keep things realistic and think that even though we're three people, feature creep is still a very real threat. Anyway, it'd very possible that one of our first goals is to find a good writer.

Thank you for your interest as always. ;)
Abelius

Postby nad destroyer » Sat May 20, 2017 2:31 am

Just played the demo. I'm amazed you guys aren't getting more funding for patreon. This is fantastic work.
nad destroyer

Postby Abelius » Sat May 20, 2017 3:03 am

nad destroyer Wrote:Just played the demo. I'm amazed you guys aren't getting more funding for patreon. This is fantastic work.

Nah... that's only a teaser I used for a while as a personal lab to test animations. Not even a demo, so we're the ones shocked at having any support at all. :mrgreen:

We'll launch the real thing on 26th. In any case, thank you for your compliments!
Abelius

Postby Abelius » Sat May 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Masturbation - Stage 2
(three to go)

Colors look like shit, btw. Even though I'm exporting at max quality... :|
Abelius

Postby Firefall » Wed May 24, 2017 3:00 am

Damn... why can't it be the 26th already lol. Can't wait to see the next 3 stages.
Firefall

Postby Totemist » Fri May 26, 2017 6:30 am

Firefall Wrote:Damn... why can't it be the 26th already lol. Can't wait to see the next 3 stages.

30 minutes to midnight.

Also, love that you're not doing the "too much sex, you lose and/or get the bad ending" route that so many H-games go for. The game shouldn't punish you for playing it one-handed.
Totemist

Postby Abelius » Fri May 26, 2017 8:15 am

Totemist Wrote:
Firefall Wrote:Damn... why can't it be the 26th already lol. Can't wait to see the next 3 stages.

30 minutes to midnight.

Oh... so sorry guys. I'm afraid you didn't see the (bad) news on the Patreon page. :|

https://www.patreon.com/posts/demo-release-11369330

Totemist Wrote:Also, love that you're not doing the "too much sex, you lose and/or get the bad ending" route that so many H-games go for. The game shouldn't punish you for playing it one-handed.

Hehe... 'One-handed games' was in fact a name I thought of to refer to how adult games should be played. It would be a cruelty otherwise... :roll:
Abelius

Postby savilian » Fri May 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Abelius Wrote:Oh... so sorry guys. I'm afraid you didn't see the (bad) news on the Patreon page. :|

Nooooooo...........(Scream likes Skywalker)

But hey, please take your time to fix as many problem as you guys can found, don't over rush, it worth the time for that.
savilian

Postby Totemist » Fri May 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Abelius Wrote:
Totemist Wrote:

30 minutes to midnight.

Oh... so sorry guys. I'm afraid you didn't see the (bad) news on the Patreon page. :|

https://www.patreon.com/posts/demo-release-11369330

[link=]Welcome to mid-development Hell, buddy. Enjoy your stay.[/link][anchor]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlCXlP-tlQQ&[/anchor]

Really, I feel like you guys are aiming a little high here as far as your scheduling goes. Take a look at the original LoK, and I mean the early release on the horrible playground that is the Newgrounds Mature section: If you'd given us a new version of that, we would be happy. Hell, look at the quality of games that's the standard around here on reflect on the fact that as long as the art/animation wasn't worse than the original playshapes scrawls, the character didn't fall through the floor, and the game didn't crash too much the community as a whole would eat it up. This? We can wait on this for a minute, the "good, fast, cheap/free, pick two" rule applies at least partially here. You need to take a little bit of the pressure off, because you are holding yourselves to a very high standard when all you need to do is release a game and not get burnt out and ghost.

My two bits here is to make sure your engine and core mechanics are solid and release a playable something that can be built on piece by piece, you're not exactly a AAA developer and we don't expect a complete game on delivery. I personally thought the 26th was the date for the rest of the test animations being released and the actual playable bits were coming mid-June, if I'd properly understood and known the playable demo was supposed to drop last night, I would have cocked an eyebrow at the timing at any rate, but I'm probably not as disappointed as a lot of people are. Also, FYI, your Patreon update sounds just a little apocalyptic, maybe tone it down unless the project is actually in danger of falling apart completely, because that's what you make it sound like with the wording and tone.
Totemist

Postby Abelius » Fri May 26, 2017 7:02 pm

I understand your fears about aiming too high and that burning us... and then another LoK game would have failed to be developed. But that won't come to happen.

And now I suppose I should insert some inspirational and optimistic speech in here, but those would only be words. ;)

Thing is, I totally agree with you about the part of making the game base solid, and then building on top of that. That's my business now.
Abelius

Postby Firefall » Sat May 27, 2017 3:17 am

Aw man, just realized what day it was and came to look. Ah well. I'll be here, waiting (somewhat) patiently. I'm sure whenever it comes out I'll be thrilled with it.
Firefall

Postby Voidstryker » Mon May 29, 2017 5:28 am

Hey this is all very good but were is the release.it should be out by now, i dont want to be rude im just asking. posted on May 29 2017
Voidstryker
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 am

Oh hey Voidstryker, your message is all very good, but did you even read the last posts in this thread? I don't wanna be rude, I'm just asking.

They announced there was going to be a delay on the release date for the demo.
napala

Postby Abelius » Mon May 29, 2017 11:51 am

Hehe, no offense taken in any case. We indeed delayed the release as announced in the Patreon page, although we didn't do the same here (maybe we should have done it). :P

Anyway, work is proceeding at a fast pace, so we expect to launch the thing soonish (tm).
Abelius

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects