[Ren'Py] AOB: Monster Rising - 18+ Breeding game

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [Ren'Py] AOB: Monster Rising - 18+ Breeding game

Postby Code Bunny Studios » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:23 pm

So a small little post: Happy Holidays!

Really, when are you going to have Christmas and Hanukkah overlapping like this? So in all seriousness, from all of us at Code Bunny Studio, we wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and any other winter based holiday that happens close to the end of December. Also have a safe New's Year, and here's to 2017 being a prosperous year for all of us!
Code Bunny Studios

Postby Jumbo70 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:39 am

Hello!
Tought about droppin in.
I'm streming atm, nothin biggie, mostly interested about the quality of the stream itself atm but if you want you can stay too :)
I'l stream for a couple of hours (2 and half hours around at the posting of this post around)

oh, a link would be nice i think.
https://picarto.tv/Jumbo70

Edit: I'm not streaming anything related to CBS atm, just drawing some stuff. Hop in and tell me about the quality, just want to know if i got everything set up right for potential future streams ^^
EDIT: DONE STREAMING FOR NOW
Jumbo70

Postby Jumbo70 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:20 pm

Im streaming again! yay for that. At the time of this posting il be streaming for aboutish two hours, meaby a bit longer!
Only game stuff this time so yup yup :)

EDIT: Done streaming for now.
Jumbo70

Postby Jumbo70 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Streaming again, not sure if i should be saying these things here or if they would fit better to a twitter or a blog. Either way heres the link.

EDIT: Stream is over, thank you for your participation!
Jumbo70

Postby Code Bunny Studios » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:37 am

So most of you guys will be wanting to know, when is the next update? We gave our patrons the power to decide what they wanted from the next update and they voted in favor of waiting until animations were ready. This was almost unanimous (though one did decide they were a banana, I respect that)

Because of this, the next update is scheduled for the end of February with the public release two weeks after. I cannot specify a date as bug testing can be unpredictable and the studio is unwilling to release a sub par update, but we are pushing hard to get it released around that time.

We thank you for your patience and continued support and we hope you will enjoy our next update.
Code Bunny Studios

Postby Hallucination » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 pm

The end as in, literally the 28th, or within a couple weeks of that?
Hallucination

Postby Hallucination » Mon May 08, 2017 7:10 am

You people still alright? Your last post was on Tumblr in February.
Hallucination

Postby evildumdum » Mon May 08, 2017 5:46 pm

All engine improvements have been made, but the target of this release (as requested by partons) was animation. Put simply animation has been a giant, huge, monumental pain in the ass. We're getting there, but as none of us are animators, we're working with software that has been custom developed and still ironing out bugs and adding utilities, and the fact the artists are still new to making dolls and are having to go back and correct things as we find problems, it's taking a LOT of time. There's only so many ways we can update on that so we've just been beavering away as we can. Apologies for the time letdown.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Dead2112man » Tue May 09, 2017 2:34 am

Woot, thee are still ALIVE
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Hallucination » Tue May 09, 2017 9:32 am

evildumdum Wrote:All engine improvements have been made, but the target of this release (as requested by partons) was animation. Put simply animation has been a giant, huge, monumental pain in the ass. We're getting there, but as none of us are animators, we're working with software that has been custom developed and still ironing out bugs and adding utilities, and the fact the artists are still new to making dolls and are having to go back and correct things as we find problems, it's taking a LOT of time. There's only so many ways we can update on that so we've just been beavering away as we can. Apologies for the time letdown.

I can understand growing pains, especially when you're all stuck doing something you have no experience in. I'm okay with waiting for quality.
Hallucination

Postby evildumdum » Tue May 09, 2017 2:38 pm

we live lol, we just need to sort out the animation shit. If anyone see's has any significant experience with animation and fancies giving our guys a crash course in the finer points of getting natural looking movement etc that would be a mahoosive help :)

evildumdum

Postby evildumdum » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:23 pm

WE LIIIIIVE! Version 0.3.0 has been posted on patreon for $5+ supporters. It will be available to everyone in two weeks time, but if you just can't wait you could always sign up and support us. We're a trusting lot. A full changelog will be posted on the blog shortly.

evildumdum

Postby Code Bunny Studios » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Public (Free) release of V0.3.0 is now available for everyone. You may share it as far and wide as you like. All we ask is that you credit us accordingly with a link to the blog.

http://monsterrising.blogspot.co.uk/
Code Bunny Studios

Postby Code Bunny Studios » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:15 pm

The patron release of V0.4.0 is now available:

Release link - https://www.patreon.com/posts/patron-release-0-13887444
Release notes - https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-version-v0-0-13859923

The general release will be in two weeks time.
Code Bunny Studios

Postby Code Bunny Studios » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Public release of V0.4.1 is now available. You can find it here:

http://monsterrising.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... -v041.html
Code Bunny Studios

Postby Hallucination » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:54 am

Welp, attempting to breed my two wolves causes insta-crash
Code: Select All Code
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Crop' <'Image' u'animations/clawwolf/female/unique_WFxWM/stage0/layer0.png'> 0 0 1300 1000>:
  File "game/code/story_code/script.rpy", line 187, in script
    pause
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 385, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
  File "game/code/breeding_code/classes.rpy", line 1264, in render
    cropR= renpy.render(im.Crop(layer, self.offX, self.offY, self.width, self.height), width, height, st, at)
error: Out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/story_code/script.rpy", line 187, in script
    pause
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1706, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1724, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 145, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 385, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1278, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2526, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2883, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1955, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 427, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6806)
    rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 623, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:2027)
    cr = render(child, widtho, heighto, st - self.child_st_base, at)
  File "game/code/breeding_code/classes.rpy", line 1264, in render
    cropR= renpy.render(im.Crop(layer, self.offX, self.offY, self.width, self.height), width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in render
    im = cache.get(self)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 874, in load
    return cache.get(self.image).subsurface((self.x, self.y,
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 524, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    rv = copy_surface_unscaled(surf)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 127, in copy_surface
    rv = surface_unscaled(surf.get_size(), alpha)
  File "C:\Users\Documents\JSK Studio\AoB_alpha_0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 116, in surface
    surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
  File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__ (gen\pygame_sdl2.surface.c:2479)
error: Out of memory

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
AoB alpha 0.4.1

Hallucination

Postby evildumdum » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:57 am

Aaaash, bollocks. Thanks for the report. we'll get a fix out asap

evildumdum

Postby Dead2112man » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:01 am

Got to love those random bugs that some how pop up.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Repuci » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:28 pm

I've got the same bug with the two wolves, but not every times, sometimes it works
Repuci
Newly Registered

Postby evildumdum » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:20 pm

It was a RAM usage issue. The new animation system was heavy on the memory usage and crashed most games on most computers. V0.4.2 has been uploaded to fix this.

evildumdum

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects