Catherine's Adventure v.0.5 English Adult RPG

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Catherine's Adventure v.0.5 English Adult RPG

Postby Desmond_CA » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:42 am

Catherine's Adventure is adult rpg game that are made by rpg maker vx ace.
The story:

Chapter 1
Catherine is a female knight who protects peace in her city.
In v.0.1 which covers Chapter 1, Catherine will be busy exploring the city and trying to prepare for the mission. She has only 30 days before the time runs out. Chapter 1 should take about 2 hours to beat preparation goal. Also, it includes several fighting and different jobs implemented.

Chapter 2
Catherine prepared for her mission and left the city. But what she has to beat before she can start fulfilling the mission? Or whom? Maybe those two men behind? Catherine will be offered different approaches to accomplish the mission. It's up to you to decide.

Chapter 3
Catherine returns to the city and finds out dangerous gang are operating in the city leading by mysterious foe. Time is short and enemy is сunning. Catherine's skills put to the highest test yet again.

Patreon
Current release:

Chapter 4 Download
If you already have VX ACE RTP installed you can use this Download instead.

Catherine's Adventure Chapter 4 added.
Save01(starting Chapter 2) included.
Save02(starting Chapter 3) included.
Save03(starting v.0.4) included.
Save04(starting Chapter 4) included.
Last edited by Desmond_CA on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Desmond_CA

Re: Catherine's Adventure v.0.1 English Adult RPG

Postby MYS » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:19 am

I liked it so far, until...

When on the mission to collect taxes, and night falls in, I am forced to finish collecting all six.
During the day, I can't go into My house.
I am forced to finish collecting all taxes.
But daytime is way too short for that.
Thus it always turns night.
And then, when it is night, I can not enter the guild's hall to turn in the mission,
and when I am approaching My house's door, the character then says:
"I will report to Valen about the taxes tomorrow." (something like that)
Then I get Frustration +2 and nothing. No teleport into the house.
It is repeatable, though.
I can stack up endless Frustration, but I am stuck outside in the night.

So, teleport event needs to be added there.

Keep up the work, I'd like to see more of this game.
MYS

Re: Catherine's Adventure v.0.11 English Adult RPG

Postby Desmond_CA » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks for your feedback!
Should be solved now in v.011.
Desmond_CA

Postby BlackDread » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:29 pm

I enjoyed this, the idea behind the writing is great but sometimes the writing itself is a little off (worded badly etc).

The CG's are pretty nice although the smile is a little scary tbh, not sure what it is, maybe the teeth are too white.

My one issue is there are a few pointless time sinks, such as when getting dressed the katana is equipped separately, and sitting through 2 dialogs about the towel in the bathhouse to move 5 spaces is a little annoying considering you need to use the bathhouse almost every day. I think I personally would also prefer if the masturbation scene changed instead of just having more added to the end, because the innocent dialog ends up being repeated despite Cathrine's moral dropping.

Overall though a very nice game, I am impressed by the amount of content for the first release
BlackDread

Postby Vid » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:51 am

Hey, just wanted to say I liked your work too, but I also agree that the game would be a lot nicer to play if all of the pointless pauses when you're changing clothes were removed. Better yet, just remove the clothes changing stuff entirely, make it automatic. It just seems a bit unnecessary and slows the pace down. Cheers!

Edit - Having a journal that lists your objectives would be nice too.
Edit - I also found a bug, morning of Day 8, after hearing the noise when waking up, you can move for a second before a dialog box pops up, and if you do then your character won't be able to move after the dialog closes, since the game is trying to path me into the wall. I was rushing because of the aforementioned long pauses when changing, haha. Actually the way it does it that morning where it's done for you is nice, you could just have it do that every morning and night.
Edit - The special attacks in combat are REALLY slow too with how long the dialog/cutscene is. It just feels disruptive to the flow of the fight.
Vid

Re: Catherine's Adventure v.0.12 English Adult RPG

Postby Desmond_CA » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:01 am

Catherine's Adventure v.0.12 added.
Desmond_CA

Postby randa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi

In a new playtrough with v.012, I want to ask, where do I see, wich level of moral, sexdesire, frustration cathrine has?
I think in v0.11 you could at least see the moral level.

Thanks a lot, and I do like the game.
randa
Newly Registered

Postby MYS » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:08 am

randa Wrote:In a new playtrough with v.012, I want to ask, where do I see, wich level of moral, sexdesire, frustration cathrine has?
I think in v0.11 you could at least see the moral level.
When saving the game, you get the current stats shown.
MYS

Re: Catherine's Adventure v.0.2 English Adult RPG

Postby Desmond_CA » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Catherine's Adventure v.0.2 (Chapter 2) added.
Desmond_CA

Postby turl » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:22 am

Nice game, looking for chapter 3 :)
superb graphics, good story

in the beginning you should mention controls - 'alt' to hide text at least - and that there is book in your inventory with some explanation

some way to see frustration/desire/morality/day stats would be nice (other then through saved games)

sometimes the text doesn't make sense (well you get what autor meant but doesn't work in grammar sense :) ) - correcting it would make a much better impresion

some bugs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

shower repair guy hand (the thumb is just missing - as the hand is from right, the little finger should be on top, not bottom)

second ass grab by the guy - skip not working properly

sometimes the kid/guy event in diner is skipped - been using 'ctrl' to skip texts - no scene, possibly no stat changes, but they behave like it happened (e.g. don't try to grab you again)
turl

Postby Desmond_CA » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Turl, thanks for the feedback.
I will work to make gaming experience better.
Desmond_CA

Postby Willow » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi,
The game is interesting, still a lot of development to do (in my opinion)
The orc part is so frustrating! (I don’t like «game over» thing), Maybe someone had already ask for it, but I share my idea, you can accept to modify or not, as you like.

You can keep the part that Cath have to fight the orc and loose, bust instead to have a game over, Cath is drag in the orc town, she have to find her way back and found the chef hide.
She have now the chose to fight or fuck the orc (if her morality is low enough).
When she fights and loose, she drag again at the orc town and that increase the chance to lose some armor part (she will eventually fight naked). When naked, the orc can interrupt the fight to fuck her, Cath loose immediately and she’s drags to the orc town.
She have to find new armor part to return to Manan, or find a «job» (naked waitress, dancer, whore, beats mare…name it!) in a small shaggy town for buying cloth, then new set of armor, (send a letter to Manan to advise what she found and she «investigate».

If she decide to fuck, that will lead to a sex scene ant the orc will stay quiet for ~3min. before starting to act normally.

More she had sex (willing or not) more chance Cath can get preg.(?)She have to stay at the orc part the time she give birth, (lactation as long she continue to touch her breast? Use for her milk?) before return to Manan, or armor path.

Thank for the awesome game!
Hope that will help!
Continiue the good job!

Willow
Willow
Newly Registered

Postby Desmond_CA » Wed May 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Catherine's Adventure v.0.3 added.
Desmond_CA

Re: Catherine's Adventure v.0.3 English Adult RPG

Postby Desmond_CA » Wed May 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Willow,
Hi. That was really fun story(dream?) you described below spoiler.
It could be implemented when the game will be at finishing stage. Hell, why not!
Desmond_CA

Postby Akkin » Fri May 19, 2017 5:49 pm

The last fight against mannumarco is boring to die. It is not balanced, and it is not the meager potions that are recovered at the entrance of the house that will change something.

At the start of the fight I attack an average of 12 and my most powerful shot at 38. The boss or rather the boss adds attack on average 7-8.

As the battle progresses, the boss buff is either the attack or the defense of the adds. But it adds up to each turn. And the boss heals on average 46. (remember at first, my max in attack is 38)

When I can finally defeat one of the two adds, the boss attacks at 20 on average, but the second adds with all attack buffs averaged 25-30. And my shots on him are only 7, and my super attack is 10 thanks to the defense buffs he has accumulated.

So where is the problem? you will tell me. Just take the potions. Yes, but when you recuperate 100 (because the max is 100) and in front you have a boss attacking 20 and an add attacking 38 ... the next turn, you only have 42, So either we take a potion, or we die, and the number of potions is not infinite, and especially it's boring to die.
Akkin

Postby Desmond_CA » Fri May 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Akkin,
Thanks for your feedback!
Well, last boss fight should be a bit longer than usual fights. The reason I created it that way because I wanted
to make fight against Manumacro really epic. I tried to make him as much as possible rival for Catherine. So he deserve last cool fight.

Some, fight hints:
Kill one minion, then kill the other one. I used Focused Attack as early as possible to deliver more damage from the start. Manumacro has twice less HP then the minions (yet he will unlock powerful damage spell when his minions die).
This fight should be a bit easier and less random in v.0.4.
Desmond_CA

Postby turl » Sat May 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Akkin Wrote:So where is the problem? you will tell me. Just take the potions. Yes, but when you recuperate 100 (because the max is 100) and in front you have a boss attacking 20 and an add attacking 38 ... the next turn, you only have 42, So either we take a potion, or we die, and the number of potions is not infinite, and especially it's boring to die.

Well there is the skill flexible defence(?) - you don't get any dmg and counter-attack .... for me, the boss did almost nothing until both minions died, so not much problem ... do you have max bonus from dummy training? if so you may be unlucky, the dmg range is about 11-16 on normal attack for me

anyway this chapter feels kind of grindy - gather evidence, read evidence, sleep, repeat ... maybe make it so you need less evidence?
so far i liked the chapter 1 and 2 much better (despite the orc fights, which was something of a challenge, but doable)
turl

Postby turl » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Noticed chapter 4 release today ... next time pls change topic title and/or add new post, so people notice :-)

anyway chapter 4 is quite short :( but quite well done (noticed few mispells, but nothing serious enough to make it write it down :D maybe someone more diligent will point it out)

and i have a question - how much impact do the various choices have? (like with the soldiers in ch2, who to keep order in ch3 .....) -> as in some different dialogs later on, or are we missing some scenes and another playthrough is recommended? :)

found bug:

kicked the barrel when told to (the one where you get the message, kicked it from right), but did not move, soldier from desk moved about 2 paces above me and then it bugged -> only action (enter/z ... message with barrel saying it is damaged) and menu(x) work -> could not move and the soldier kept standing 2 paces above me
turl

Re: Catherine's Adventure v.0.5 English Adult RPG

Postby Desmond_CA » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:47 pm

Catherine's Adventure Chapter 4 added.
Save03(starting v.0.4) included.
Save04(starting Chapter 4) included.
Desmond_CA

Return to Non-Flash Projects