[RPG Maker MV] Camelot: The Game [ver.0.68.0]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[RPG Maker MV] Camelot: The Game [ver.0.68.0]

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello. This fantastic story takes place in ancient times. Times of magic and mythical creatures. CAMELOT!
The story you see, begins at the moment of Arthur's birth. Future King, leader of Britons and just a good guy.

We're also available on:
Twitter: twitter.com/ShadowPortal69
Blogspot: shadowportalgames.blogspot.com

If you have any questioins, feel free to contact us:

Email: [email protected]

In our Camelot, characters are not the ones you used to know!

Unlike the original legend, our Merlin is one of a kind hot sorcerer, who's practicing different types of magic to create new friends... Even if it means creating a Frankenstein's monster.
Mermaids, descedants of the fallen empires, scarecrows... Huge variety of characters will make your head explode!

What makes our game so special?

Unique artstyle:

Our artists are experienced people who love their job and who would love to surprise you with a lot of interesting material!

Plot:

This game is featuring dynamic story with a lot of funny moments, and of course H-scenes.
It's your choice to be an evil bastard with a lusty mind, or to be an epic knight in the shining armor!

Classic battle system:

Our battle system was inspired by old JRPG games, so get ready for that too!

Romance:

You play as future King Arthur, so it's your choice who's your chosen one. Wide variety of humans, monsters and others to fullfill his desires (Or fate)!

On our patreon you can find all of the information about recent updates!
Patreon - is a crowdfunding site which helps young companies to get their audience. So if you enjoyed this concept, we're waiting for you!

Our game is free, so go check it out! But keep in mind that by supporting us, you will speed up the releasing of the game.

A little bit about us:

We're people from the Europe. Who're connected with a bond of enjoying h-games and a high inspiration for making something like this!

Screenshots:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Download links:

For Windows:
Google drive: (Win)Camelot: The Game [ver.0.68.0]
Mega: (Win)Camelot: The Game [ver.0.68.0]

For Mac:
Google drive: (Mac)Camelot The Game [ver.0.68.0]
Mega: (Mac)Camelot The Game [ver.0.68.0]

For Linux::
Google drive: (Linux)Camelot The Game [ver.0.68.0]
Mega: (Linux)Camelot The Game [ver.0.68.0]

What's new:

Ver 0.68:
  • Chapter 3 is now complete.
  • Added 3 new characters: Hyeon-ju, Mahildra and Zeal.
  • Added 8 new quests.
  • The "Wooden death" quest has been extended.
  • Added 3 new locations.
  • Added new background music.
  • Arthur's "Wide strike" skill has been changed to work properly.
  • Changed message/dialogue window style.
  • Improved performance.
  • Fixed bugs from previous releases.
Ver.0.67:
  • Added new art screens between the chapters.
  • Added the third chapter with 8 quests. 3 of them are for main story and 5 side quests.
  • Added 9 new locations.
  • Added one more story from Merlin's diary.
  • Added the system to restore your progress. (Available only for Patrons.) If you have played the first chapters and want to start from the new content you can choose to begin from the third chapter, answer a few questions and the game will adjust the conditions.
  • Added a lot of new background music.
  • The Hall of Fame has been updated. (Available only for Patrons.)
  • Numerous new characters has been added.
  • Added the art for the Witch
  • Added the art for the unknown girl in the mine and the quest for her.
  • Added the art for the jailer's daughter and the quest for her.
  • Improved translation of the first chapter.
  • Performance optimisations.
  • Fixed a number of bugs.
Ver.0.52:
  • Improved translation of chapter 2
  • Bug fixes
  • New background music
  • Added Hall of Fame.
Ver.0.51:
  • This minor update includes optimised assets handling which should solve crashes due to memory leaks and also some other bugfixes.
Ver.0.50:
  • Added 22 game locations.
  • A lot of new characters to meet and events to see.
  • New background music to enrich the game world.
  • More than 3 hours of gameplay.
  • Quest log. Use it if you unsure where to go and what to do.
  • World map and fast travel. With the new engine comes new ways to make traveling more convinient.

On our patreon you can find all the information about recent updates!
Last edited by ShadowPortalTeam on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ShadowPortalTeam

Re: [RPG Maker VX ACE] Camelot: The Game

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Greetings knights and henchmen. This is the time for (long overdue) release of Camelot: The Game.
New journeys await our hero full of new acquaintances and unexpected meetings. In this update we've put a lot of work in the world building and secondary characters. Unlike linear story in the demo (which is called "chapter 1" from now on), this version offers a lot of detailed side quests to enrich the ambience.

What's new:

Ver.0.51:
  • This minor update includes optimised assets handling which should solve crashes due to memory leaks and also some other bugfixes.
    Ver.0.50:
  • Added 22 game locations.
  • A lot of new characters to meet and events to see.
  • New background music to enrich the game world.
  • More than 3 hours of gameplay.
  • Quest log. Use it if you unsure where to go and what to do.
  • World map and fast travel. With the new engine comes new ways to make traveling more convinient.

Installation and launch guide:

1) Unpack the archive using 7zip or similar tool.
2) Launch [Game.exe]

Have a good time playing and don't forget to provide feedback about the game.

Best regards
Shadow Portal Team.

P.S. New translator's note:

I have been drafted into this project about a week ago. At that time most of the lines were translated by the artist so my task was to translate the rest to make the game ready for release. However, I've noticed that artist's translation requires some clean-up. However, the game release was already delayed and pushing the deadline even further was hardly an option. That's why it was decided to release the game as is and make the version with fixed translation shortly after. Hopefully in the first week of February.

But don't let that stop you from playing the game right now. There's a big chunk of text related to side quests (my initial task) and I've managed to fix a sizeable portion of the main story. Hopefully that would be something to keep you entertained for now.

I know that I just said something that's you never supposed to say as a member of game development team but I feel it's my duty to be completely honest with you. Stay tuned for updates!
ShadowPortalTeam

Postby evildumdum » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Looks pretty good for an RPG maker game. Good art.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 am

evildumdum Wrote:Looks pretty good for an RPG maker game. Good art.

Thanks very much!
ShadowPortalTeam

Postby Dragon594 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:59 pm

I was not able to play it.
Dragon594

Postby Dead2112man » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:51 am

Yea, can't play it, not like it wont start or anything, but very shortly after I choose where to start (from the first chapter or not) it closes, I now that this happens some time with these games with loading issues, but this is not good for trying to get new people to play (I have played the orginal release you did).
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Sun Quan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Strange, I played from the tutorial up and had no issues at all (Win10). Game played like a charm.

At any rate, the gameplay's fun. The battles are challenging enough but let you know that if you use the right skills at the right time you'll be fine. There's a couple points where you can't win battles for story reasons, which is usually one of my pet peeves, but the game uses well thought out dialogue so that you don't feel weak when you lose. You're also able to come right back to the same encounter after learning new skills so it's not hanging over your head all the time. I appreciated this a lot. The game is story driven and a few of the "fights" are choreographed, taking place just with sprite movement. I was cool with this but a couple of them drew on a bit long. I get it, Arthur's bad ass. No need to stretch these encounters on for hours.

Can't say I really found any bugs, which is good. There's a couple of places that haven't been translated to English yet but they were pretty rare. The two I remember were examining the package you pick up for Merlin at the bar and trying to enter the chapel while the chicken is following you. There was a little bit of oddness in those questlines that I almost got stuck on. I tried to go to the mine and use quick travel while the chicken was following me and the game wouldn't let me. It didn't say because of the chicken, though, it said I needed to show the old drunk where his house was. I'd already done that, so it was a little confusing but it didn't take long to figure out it was the chicken causing the issue. Not a big deal but confusing enough that some players might get stuck if they didn't follow the same route I did where the problem was obvious.

The storyline's pretty fun and I'm enjoying the artwork. It's clear a lot of effort was put in to give it that anime style. Arthur's a wise ass but he's a good guy and not obnoxious at all so it's not off-putting to play as him. Well done there. Merlin is fun and sexy so that part's cool as well. I even like the scarecrow.

Sadly, the place where the game really turned for me was the sexual content. There seems to be a really strong focus on humiliation, degradation, and abuse themes in the game that are a real turn off for me. The text scroll is even slowed down at those points, I'm guessing so people can enjoy how drawn out the sluttiness is? I have no idea, but no amount of Enter spamming got the scene to hurry along and spare my eyes. I know a lot of people are into that sort of thing and that's cool even if it's not my cup of tea. I was just kind of disappointed by it as it was almost completely unexpected.

There was nothing at all to warn me about this kind of content in the description of the game given above. If anything, I was expecting the complete opposite given that Romance is one of the showcased features. I would have been fine with small doses of that kind of content provided that the player is given options to avoid it through gameplay later on, or even protect against it in some way, but the sheer emphasis on the women being titillated by being degraded leaves me with grave doubts as to that being in the cards. At any rate, by the time I was forced to deal with the scene in the jail cell at the abandoned mine I was reluctantly forced to give up on playing the demo any further.

So, you've got a good game going on here. It's clear a lot of time and effort have been put into making it funny and interesting and your artist is doing a fine job considering (s)he is not a professional. I'd be willing to recommend it to anyone who has the kind of interests it's obviously aimed at. As I said, it's just not my cup of tea kinks-wise, the same way I can't play games where the PC is a girl who gets abused or blackmailed or humiliated or what have you. Sadly, I probably won't be trying this game out anymore when further versions come out. I do wish you all the best luck with its development, though. You're doing a good job, you should be proud of all you've accomplished.
Sun Quan

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:47 am

Sun Quan Wrote:Strange, I played from the tutorial up and had no issues at all (Win10). Game played like a charm.

At any rate, the gameplay's fun. The battles are challenging enough but let you know that if you use the right skills at the right time you'll be fine. There's a couple points where you can't win battles for story reasons, which is usually one of my pet peeves, but the game uses well thought out dialogue so that you don't feel weak when you lose. You're also able to come right back to the same encounter after learning new skills so it's not hanging over your head all the time. I appreciated this a lot. The game is story driven and a few of the "fights" are choreographed, taking place just with sprite movement. I was cool with this but a couple of them drew on a bit long. I get it, Arthur's bad ass. No need to stretch these encounters on for hours.

Can't say I really found any bugs, which is good. There's a couple of places that haven't been translated to English yet but they were pretty rare. The two I remember were examining the package you pick up for Merlin at the bar and trying to enter the chapel while the chicken is following you. There was a little bit of oddness in those questlines that I almost got stuck on. I tried to go to the mine and use quick travel while the chicken was following me and the game wouldn't let me. It didn't say because of the chicken, though, it said I needed to show the old drunk where his house was. I'd already done that, so it was a little confusing but it didn't take long to figure out it was the chicken causing the issue. Not a big deal but confusing enough that some players might get stuck if they didn't follow the same route I did where the problem was obvious.

The storyline's pretty fun and I'm enjoying the artwork. It's clear a lot of effort was put in to give it that anime style. Arthur's a wise ass but he's a good guy and not obnoxious at all so it's not off-putting to play as him. Well done there. Merlin is fun and sexy so that part's cool as well. I even like the scarecrow.

Sadly, the place where the game really turned for me was the sexual content. There seems to be a really strong focus on humiliation, degradation, and abuse themes in the game that are a real turn off for me. The text scroll is even slowed down at those points, I'm guessing so people can enjoy how drawn out the sluttiness is? I have no idea, but no amount of Enter spamming got the scene to hurry along and spare my eyes. I know a lot of people are into that sort of thing and that's cool even if it's not my cup of tea. I was just kind of disappointed by it as it was almost completely unexpected.

There was nothing at all to warn me about this kind of content in the description of the game given above. If anything, I was expecting the complete opposite given that Romance is one of the showcased features. I would have been fine with small doses of that kind of content provided that the player is given options to avoid it through gameplay later on, or even protect against it in some way, but the sheer emphasis on the women being titillated by being degraded leaves me with grave doubts as to that being in the cards. At any rate, by the time I was forced to deal with the scene in the jail cell at the abandoned mine I was reluctantly forced to give up on playing the demo any further.

So, you've got a good game going on here. It's clear a lot of time and effort have been put into making it funny and interesting and your artist is doing a fine job considering (s)he is not a professional. I'd be willing to recommend it to anyone who has the kind of interests it's obviously aimed at. As I said, it's just not my cup of tea kinks-wise, the same way I can't play games where the PC is a girl who gets abused or blackmailed or humiliated or what have you. Sadly, I probably won't be trying this game out anymore when further versions come out. I do wish you all the best luck with its development, though. You're doing a good job, you should be proud of all you've accomplished.

Thank you for such detailed analysis. This kind of feedback greatly helps to figure out game's shortcomings and find ways to improve it. We'll take it into account and try to make the game to better suit people with different tastes.
By the way, we have an option to quickly skip the text. Try holding CTRL
ShadowPortalTeam

Postby LordBun » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Btw the memory leak issue is still apparent even after the .51 fix. Had to make this account just to let you know. :l
LordBun
Newly Registered

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39 pm

LordBun Wrote:Btw the memory leak issue is still apparent even after the .51 fix. Had to make this account just to let you know. :l

Thank you for the notification. Could you please tell us your PC configuration?
ShadowPortalTeam

Postby sybreal » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 pm

I have also experienced the memory leak problem. What information do you need when you're asking for "PC configuration"?
sybreal
Newly Registered

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:08 am

sybreal Wrote:I have also experienced the memory leak problem. What information do you need when you're asking for "PC configuration"?

CPU, RAM, OS
ShadowPortalTeam

Postby sybreal » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:22 pm

ShadowPortalTeam Wrote:CPU, RAM, OS

CPU: Intel i7-4810MQ @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
sybreal
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:51 am

might as well do mine as well for it happened for me also

Processor: AMD A8-5550M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 8550G
RAM: 3.0 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 32-bit
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:27 am

sybreal Wrote:
ShadowPortalTeam Wrote:CPU, RAM, OS

CPU: Intel i7-4810MQ @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3

Dead2112man Wrote:might as well do mine as well for it happened for me also

Processor: AMD A8-5550M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 8550G
RAM: 3.0 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 32-bit

Thanks, we will working on it!
ShadowPortalTeam

Postby LordBun » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:30 pm

ShadowPortalTeam Wrote:
LordBun Wrote:Btw the memory leak issue is still apparent even after the .51 fix. Had to make this account just to let you know. :l

Thank you for the notification. Could you please tell us your PC configuration?

Just a standard gaming laptop with windows 10.
LordBun
Newly Registered

Postby Kaldblodige » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:50 am

Computer specs:

Intel pentium N3540 Processor @2.16GHz/2.16GHz
15.6" diagonal HD display
4GB system memory 3.89gb usable.
500GBHDD
window 10 [ OS build 10586.589] x64-based Processor
.. Anything else would be spillin' the beans and i cannot specify what i mean by that.

Anyway i have the memory leak issue. ^Those are my current deadboned specs. Hope it helps.
Kaldblodige
Newly Registered

Postby LordBun » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Kaldblodige Wrote:Computer specs:

Intel pentium N3540 Processor @2.16GHz/2.16GHz
15.6" diagonal HD display
4GB system memory 3.89gb usable.
500GBHDD
window 10 [ OS build 10586.589] x64-based Processor
.. Anything else would be spillin' the beans and i cannot specify what i mean by that.

Anyway i have the memory leak issue. ^Those are my current deadboned specs. Hope it helps.

Seems to me that we have the same type of Device. :l
LordBun
Newly Registered

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello everyone. Today we release the version 52 of the game.
It contains:
  • Improved translation of chapter 2
  • Bug fixes
  • New background music
  • Added Hall of Fame.
Download links:

Google drive: Camelot: The Game [ver.0.52]
Mega: Camelot: The Game [ver.0.52]

You can find the Hall of Fame in the Merlin's hut but you have to have the bonus code to enter.

Translation pass on chapter 1 is next on the list.

Best regards,
Shadow Portal Team.
ShadowPortalTeam

Postby Voidstryker » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:12 am

i think this is a great game but these games are basically the only thing i do and it is hard to find out if it updated so can you please add a dated update log?
Voidstryker
Newly Registered

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects