[RPG maker VX Ace]The Humbling Experience [English H-Game]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[RPG maker VX Ace]The Humbling Experience [English H-Game]

Postby GryInu » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:09 am

Hello everybody, I'm GreyInu and I'm the lead developer of the adult adventure game The Humbling Experience.

What's The Humbling Experience?

Once a year, in the friendly town of New Brylenn, there is a big event: The Humbling Experience (THEx.) A select group of students is chosen to participate and it's considered a great honor and a step in the right direction for the developement of the young ones. During THEx the students will gather first hand experience in all kinds of employments and will, without a doubt, get a head start over the rest of the kids in the country.

That's neat for them but what's the game all about?

You are Kelly Turner, high school teacher and responsible guardian. You are not the biggest fan of the whole thing, but it is your job to make sure your students are safe and make the best out of what New Brylenn has to offer. They will not make it easy for you but you will discover soon that this trip could be as much of a learning experience for you as it is for them. Now, what you learn, well... that's up to you...

Yeah, but what's the point of the game?

New Brylenn is awaiting for you and it's full with colorful personalities. Explore the town, make yourself at home and get in their good side, even if they look crazy to you (you don't know when you are going to need their help.) It's a fun town if you know how to fit in. And don't forget why you're there, don't let your students fuck this up, that's why you are there, right? There are just so many distractions...

But let's go into the more meaty stuff, what can I find in the game?

Kelly is no prude, but is no slut either, just a regular smart woman but if you push the right buttons... Exhibitionism will be a big starting point for her, nothing sexier than the forbidden. There will be a big amount of girl on girl action, lower your guard with your students and you are in for a naughty ride. Of course the male students and the rest of the guys will want a part of it too so she will probably won't get bored in her new home.

Now I don't consider this a corruption game, there will be no mind breaking or blackmailing or excessive rape, it's a lot more likely that you will be the one doing the raping (hentai raping of course, nothing serious.) It's intended to be a light hearted sexy fun game.

A last thing before I drop the demo here: You mainly play with Kelly, but over the course of the missions you will team-up with the rest of the characters or take total control of them, depending on your influence on them, options will open up to you when that happen. You know how it is, turn your cute serious student into a sexy bunny and things will probably go very differently.

And finally here is the link to the most recent public build!

V 0.2

And here is a link to my patreon in case you enjoyed the game and want to take a look.

Patreon

Some pictures of the game:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Last edited by GryInu on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
GryInu

Re: [RPG maker VX Ace]The Humbling Experience [English H-Gam

Postby GryInu » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi there!

Just letting you guys know that v 0.1 is now available for patrons!

You can expect 30+ new CGs a lot of new people to meet and more than 100 minutes of gameplay! (Probably twice that much if you explore all different options.)

Here are some images from this new build:

You can get it here.
GryInu

Postby Ayeka » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:24 am

File is no longer avaiable...This message I get when I tried downloaddemo. :shock:
Ayeka

Postby Hunar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:41 pm

His patreon page has a working download link for the demo.
Hunar
Newly Registered

Postby GryInu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:22 pm

So sorry about that, I fixed the link already. I don't even know how that happened, it should have been the same link that's available in the patreon page.
GryInu

Postby Akkin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:24 pm

So I tried and frankly I'm hooked. The story is well done, Kelly's character is well done (physically) and his personality is interesting without being extravagant. There are real choices to make and we feel that if we had the choice we would have seen something and therefore we miss some things. So good replayability.

One downside: the full screen. Are you there no way to have a true full screen? On mine, the window is centered in the middle with large black bands around.

I know that with VX Ace, it is possible to have a true full screen, because here the characters are so small and so small dialog box that hurts the eyes to want to read everything.
Akkin

Postby GryInu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:17 pm

Akkin Wrote:So I tried and frankly I'm hooked. The story is well done, Kelly's character is well done (physically) and his personality is interesting without being extravagant. There are real choices to make and we feel that if we had the choice we would have seen something and therefore we miss some things. So good replayability.

One downside: the full screen. Are you there no way to have a true full screen? On mine, the window is centered in the middle with large black bands around.

I know that with VX Ace, it is possible to have a true full screen, because here the characters are so small and so small dialog box that hurts the eyes to want to read everything.

Hi! Happy to hear you liked the game. The issue with the fullscreen is that rpg maker doesn't work too well with widescreen resolutions and even if it can go there it makes everything look stretcted and kind of deformed. I've looked into different options but so far this one is the one that make the game look the best.
GryInu

Postby Akkin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:51 am

GryInu Wrote:Hi! Happy to hear you liked the game. The issue with the fullscreen is that rpg maker doesn't work too well with widescreen resolutions and even if it can go there it makes everything look stretcted and kind of deformed. I've looked into different options but so far this one is the one that make the game look the best.

It's weird this stretching effect. Maybe a screen resolution of problem at the root. Because I regularly buy games on DLsite in RPG Maker MV but also and primarily in RPG Maker VX Ace, and these games are set, constantly, in full screen. And there is not this stretching effect you describe.

In addition, many here also use VX Ace for their demos, and there is also no stretching effect. Maybe one of them can advise you on this.
Akkin

Postby agnostic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Looks like an interesting game but I get a "RGSS3 Has Stopped Working" issue when the game starts after the window resizes.
agnostic
Newly Registered

Postby Darthjake » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:56 pm

agnostic Wrote:Looks like an interesting game but I get a "RGSS3 Has Stopped Working" issue when the game starts after the window resizes.

Try opening another RPG Maker game and unchecking the "start in full screen" before starting it, that has helped me a few times.
Darthjake

Postby agnostic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:45 pm

Darthjake Wrote:
agnostic Wrote:Looks like an interesting game but I get a "RGSS3 Has Stopped Working" issue when the game starts after the window resizes.

Try opening another RPG Maker game and unchecking the "start in full screen" before starting it, that has helped me a few times.

Thanks for the tip but no dice. I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the RTP, the game itself, as well as some other things I found when googling the error. Not sure why i'm having this issue but oh well.
agnostic
Newly Registered

Postby GryInu » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi! I don't know why you seem to be having that error, it seems to be working fine for everyone I asked. I've tried in three different computers (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and it was running as intended, I'll keep trying to see if I can reproduce the error so I can help you out.
GryInu

Postby YSlayer » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:37 am

I enjoyed what there is so far although I remember thinking the programmer hated me for disabling the elevator that is closer to everything you actually need to interact with. Definitely looking forward to when its all done.
YSlayer

Postby GryInu » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:22 am

Hi there guys, two good news!

First, v0.1 is now available for the public! You can get it in the first post of this thread or in my patreon page!

Second, v0.15 is out for patrons! You can get it here.

It contains more than eight irreverent events and tons of fun all around!

I leave you with some of the pictures you will found in this new build:

GryInu

Postby TheVampirate » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:12 am

I'm playing this on my new desktop with a really nice high resolution monitor and a smaller not so nice monitor and I'd like to resize the game to make it smaller but It seems like i can only make it bigger(fullscreen). Am i doing something wrong?
TheVampirate
Newly Registered

Postby aborym » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Hey guys.
I literally don't know what to do now. I'm on day 2 and I have gained 3 stars (at comics store, at yoga center, and at the TV station) I compleated 2 tasks at the civic center, I recived the task from Wiki at the medioeval fair. What did I have to do now? the maid says something about the clinic but I cannot go in without an appointment.

I need a walkthrough.
aborym
Newly Registered

Postby akafury » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:38 pm

aborym Wrote:Hey guys.
I literally don't know what to do now. I'm on day 2 and I have gained 3 stars (at comics store, at yoga center, and at the TV station) I compleated 2 tasks at the civic center, I recived the task from Wiki at the medioeval fair. What did I have to do now? the maid says something about the clinic but I cannot go in without an appointment.

I need a walkthrough.

Pretty sure you have done everything there is in this patch.

I had the same confusion that you did, the maid mentions 2 event at the "Health center" but that is not the clinic, the health center is the gym/yoga/other stuff
akafury
Newly Registered

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:52 am

Looking forward to the update. F/F is my fetish of choice and this game tends to be relatively heavy with it. Please keep the lesbianism coming.
archer_gilgamesh

Postby Smisenost » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Something that I've noticed, there seems to be a tendency to use the word plasticity instead of flexibility when referring to the degree of freedom of motion that a person has (most easily found in the yoga job, but apparent in a few other places).

In common usage English plasticity is generally a word reserved to describe a specific property type of a material (two similar objects can be made from two completely different materials); where flexibility is generally used to describe the degree of motion a person (or joint) has, or the amount of distortion (usually specifically physical flexing) an object can withstand and not suffer damage or loose its original shape.
Smisenost

Postby GryInu » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:01 am

Hey there guys, sorry I'm not very active in the forums but duty calls!

Anyway, The Humbling Experience v0.2 is ready and available for patrons!

Some pictures of the game:

GryInu

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects