Claire's Quest [RPGMaker MV]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Claire's Quest [RPGMaker MV]

Postby Architect » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Happy holidays everyone! Here's a present from me - version 0.6.1 of Claire's Quest!

https://mega.nz/#!odIQXSCQ!a2ILYqwV9NNv ... 3PrP2htLBk

Previous bugs have been addressed, and player input has been taken into account to add new features like "Quest Complete!" and "New Quest!" popups. A significant amount of content has been added, almost all of it in Rathpike. Many new text-only scenes have been added.

Ganassa is currently working on the new CGs that will go into the game, which will be added in with 0.6.2 or 0.6.3.

A full changelog can be found via our Patreon:
www.patreon.com/dystopianproject

Please help development by reporting bugs, typos/grammar, and giving general feedback! Your input is invaluable!

Particularly interested to know the stats players end up with when they arrive in Rathpike + when you finish all available content at the moment. tell me what your Defiance/Depravity/Intrigue/Seduction numbers are like!
Architect

Postby Darthjake » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:49 pm

I downloaded and got a failed to load Iconset.png, after checking the patreon for a different download link, I see they are having the same issue.

Looking forward to a fix so I can test 6.1!
Darthjake

Postby clblank » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:04 pm

I had gotten the same error. But I still had my old version of the game and copied the new files over into that folder and then it worked. That should work as a fix for those who have an older version.
clblank
Newly Registered

Postby hoboy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:14 pm

clblank Wrote:I had gotten the same error. But I still had my old version of the game and copied the new files over into that folder and then it worked. That should work as a fix for those who have an older version.

I found it in the system folder in images, but just copying that one image didn't do it - another missing image. I'm loathe to start bulk copying whole image folders if there might be redone parts of the game that could be hosed, so will wait...
hoboy

Postby Architect » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Sorry guys, there was a problem with the encryption in the previous version. Here is 0.6.2:

https://mega.nz/#!QZAASBgQ!QIZBv3nglKys ... _9oI0j-fSw
Architect

Postby tontoman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:04 am

hoboy Wrote:
clblank Wrote:I had gotten the same error. But I still had my old version of the game and copied the new files over into that folder and then it worked. That should work as a fix for those who have an older version.

I found it in the system folder in images, but just copying that one image didn't do it - another missing image. I'm loathe to start bulk copying whole image folders if there might be redone parts of the game that could be hosed, so will wait...

Copy the New files into Old, shouldn't have that problem. All old code get overwritten with the new, anything missing from the new stays around and fixes the problem.

Putting Old into the New folders is what can mess things up, overwriting changes etc.
tontoman

Postby Darthjake » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:46 am

Note:

You can talk to the BJ soldier and the Lewd old man from the alternate entrance to the refugee camp.

Instead of receiving bread from the bakerwoman, you are awarded a fruit that restores +20 hp.

Bug fix states you removed EP deduction from slimes, but now touching a slime is an instant game over, is that intended? It's not impossible to get to the box, but it can take a few tries.

Sea Statue is missing?

Rathpike:

Defiance: 1
Depravity: 7
Intrigue: 4
Seduction: 5

Door to pub opens then vanishes and poof, you are inside. :D

Eavesdropping on the 2 thieves to get the quest to investigate the pub, says it gives + 1 intrigue, but in reality it gives +1 seduction?

Def 1
Dep 7
Int 4
Sed 6....

After you help the runaway lover, he still says: "Please, find a way to help her...."

Not sure if work as a street whore is implemented yet, you go to the circle get the prompt, then nothing happens.

Final Stats:

Defiance: 2
Intrigue: 5 - should be 6
Seduction: 6 - should be 5

No additional depravity and or seduction for the perverted guy in the inn?

Completed the quest investigate the tavern, but no thieves to tell, and no way to get to the next part right now. I'm guessing telling Sally there is a rockslide is not what she's looking for at the moment, pity no extra scenes in the gypsy camp for the guy that asks if your clothes are too tight, might be a fun H scene and a way to get a new outfit.

I did like the choices with crossbow wielding mercenary in the tunnels, and the runaway lovers quest, now I'm off to test slave girl Claire....
Darthjake

Postby Architect » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:53 am

You can talk to the BJ soldier and the Lewd old man from the alternate entrance to the refugee camp.

Not intended, will fix that!

Instead of receiving bread from the bakerwoman, you are awarded a fruit that restores +20 hp.

Ah yeah, I redid the items so there's a bit of a mess.

Bug fix states you removed EP deduction from slimes, but now touching a slime is an instant game over, is that intended? It's not impossible to get to the box, but it can take a few tries.

Nothing to do with EP. It's only possible to fight the slimes if your Defiance is at 3 or higher.

Sea Statue is missing?

Intended. Revamping that.

Door to pub opens then vanishes and poof, you are inside. :D

Whoops. Will fix.

Eavesdropping on the 2 thieves to get the quest to investigate the pub, says it gives + 1 intrigue, but in reality it gives +1 seduction?

Got to fix that too!

After you help the runaway lover, he still says: "Please, find a way to help her...."

He's supposed to disappear after you finish the quest. That's odd.

Not sure if work as a street whore is implemented yet, you go to the circle get the prompt, then nothing happens.

It's not. It was part of the Lecter/Zeon questline but I didn't like what I had written so I revamped it all. It's not ready yet.

No additional depravity and or seduction for the perverted guy in the inn?

There should be some! I need to add those, forgot about that! I need to add full EP deduction too, since it's a rape.

Completed the quest investigate the tavern, but no thieves to tell, and no way to get to the next part right now. I'm guessing telling Sally there is a rockslide is not what she's looking for at the moment, pity no extra scenes in the gypsy camp for the guy that asks if your clothes are too tight, might be a fun H scene and a way to get a new outfit.

Not implemented yet. I just laid the foundation for those quests.

I did like the choices with crossbow wielding mercenary in the tunnels, and the runaway lovers quest, now I'm off to test slave girl Claire....

Try the Thieves Questline, that is where the majority of content is.
Architect

Postby Darthjake » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:25 am

Architect Wrote:

I'm not sure how to access that at the moment, the last time I played the guy just ran up and said good job stealing the box, and I never did anything, I'll investigate that further.

There is a guy that requires intrigue of 8 in Rathpike, not sure how to legitimately get that at the moment.
Darthjake

Postby Architect » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:30 am

Darthjake Wrote:
Architect Wrote:

I'm not sure how to access that at the moment, the last time I played the guy just ran up and said good job stealing the box, and I never did anything, I'll investigate that further.

There is a guy that requires intrigue of 8 in Rathpike, not sure how to legitimately get that at the moment.

Yes, it was bugged previously, but works fine now. Just make sure you talk to the pink-haired guy (Chad) facing downwards, not facing him from the side, to start the quest.

If there isn't a legitimate way yet, feel free to use Cheats. I'm accumulating the stats people end up with when they reach Rathpike so I can adjust requirements or add more stat opportunities.
Architect

Postby Darthjake » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:02 pm

Okay, Chad is the guy that requires intrigue 8, so the cheats allowed me access to the thieves' questline.

Fat Jack's house: The far right bookcase sparkles but there is no interaction for it.

Tried to see if there was an H scene with Fat Jack's dog... I'm glad I had the treats. :D

In the basement the wall segment you can see to the left of where you come down the stairs, you can go up it and walk around on top of the walls. When I walked back off the walls, I ran into an invisible Fat Jack and pickpocketed him for the needed key. Then when you leave the basement, voices can be heard from outside, and the escape scene triggers.

On the escape scene, do you always get spotted? I got away no problem, but I timed when the thug turned his head and could even see the top of his head slightly, and he was facing the other direction when I made the run for it, only had to go 2 tiles to get out of his line of sight and he still got the exclamation mark and sound that said he spotted me, not a big deal, I was just wondering.

Loving the game so far!
Darthjake

Postby ssjwolverine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Okay, I'm having a problem.

After I escape the prison and make it to the town, I find myself without EP and very low on HP. I help the baker and she gives me bread which is supposed to be good for +100 HP but instead I get an apple, good for only +20. The only way to get any money is to let some jackass fondle my ass and give me 10 silvers, enough to get some cheese good for +50, bringing my HP to 80, which is still not enough to sleep in the inn and recover my energy, which is needed to do anything.

In short, there is no way for me to do anything in this game.
ssjwolverine

Postby Darthjake » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:30 pm

You'll be at 1HP, and you'll get put to 20 HP, you can also pick some herbs for + 10 HP.

This is something the game author will be fixing, as it's already been reported

Either let the sailor fondle you for 10 silver, or just go straight to the slimes below town. I'm not going to lie, those slimes can be frustrating so make a save *before* you attempt them. But it is doable to loot the chest even if you have a low defiance.

I just double checked and there is 50 silver in the chest, again it is doable with a lower then 3 defiance, but if you have 3 defiance it will be a cakewalk for you.

There are some slimes in the tunnels under the down, if you want to dare the slimes or if you have enough defiance to fight them there is a chest of silver you can pilfer. Then go help the bakerwoman and work for her for about 25 silver a pop, you should be able to work at least twice, maybe three times, then buy some bread, get another room to sleep for the night, and you should be set to explore Hooktown.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Alternately you could also use the cheat code the author put into the game as well.

Good Luck, and enjoy!
Darthjake

Postby ssjwolverine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Darthjake Wrote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Alternately you could also use the cheat code the author put into the game as well.

Tell me more, Mr. Jake.
ssjwolverine

Postby Darthjake » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:17 pm

Not too much to tell, start a new or load an existing 6.2 game and hit escape, then look between the Quests and Gallery options.
Darthjake

Postby hathios » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Quest: he Antidote Quest for the runnaways.
If you Decline their Offer your Difance will raise +2 instead of +1 if you choose to take the money.
hathios
Newly Registered

Postby hathios » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:27 pm

I found a bug.

You got the quest to get the necklace. YOu set it on fire and he leaves then you go in and steal necklace adn 75 gold.
Then you leave and when you reenter the guy behind the counter is gone.
Not often but it happens. Can anybody explain what I am doing wrong?
hathios
Newly Registered

Postby Darthjake » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:30 am

It's been like that forever, I'm guessing he doesn't want to work in a smoky environment? So if you want your lockpicks you need to buy them before you set his shop on fire.
Darthjake

Postby hathios » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:01 am

Okay I have played as far as I could and three endings.

Sanboxendings.

1st: In the Pit in Rathpike. I tried everything but no chance to excape. Talk ti the white haired girl (forgot her name) and she will decrease Difiance -2 and increase the other stats.

2nd: YOu are imprisoned by a so called Big Brother. I tried everythign but no luck to escapre his cell. LIke there is no way out. Maybe it is one of the unfinished Quests lije the 1st one.

Normal way:
My stats at the moment and I tried to increase the mentione Depravity and Seduction.

Defiance: 5
Intrigue: 6 (8 are needed for the thief quest.)
Seduction 5

I have opened Excel and safed before every choice and try to find the best choices to increase the stats at its best.
There are a few actions you need Requirments for.

Defiance Depravity Intrigue Seduction
Knife REQ: 2
Kill Mean Refugee REQ: 3
Horse Milking REQ: 5 /+2
Whore at Inn REQ: 4 /+1 1st choice/ +1
Thief REQ: 8

My item list:
Tools: Knive and Lockpick(Always buy one you neer know when needed next.)
Quest: Promise Token(From Bakers Kid), Orso's Ledger (WIll start a quest in the future maybe?); Rusty Key(Starts a quest and smile like fish and rine. Maybe you will find something where the fish quest leads to from Sally if you ask her for work.)

Guy vanished after you leave the tavern drunk in Rathpike. Where is he now? Increase and decrease no stat.

Like you said WHor yourself at the corner will be added soon.

Suggestions:
Claire should wear a MAiduniform when working in the Inn in Rathpike.
I miss a clothshop to increase the possibilities to unlock sexy CG's/Scenes (Example: Working as a whore in differetn outfits.). (If you already working on it. Great can't wait for the release.)
I am NOT a Patron because I don't have enough money.

I like it and enjoy every single minute of it. [Thumbs Up!]
hathios
Newly Registered

Postby Darthjake » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:34 am

hathios Wrote:Okay I have played as far as I could and three endings.

Sanboxendings.

1st: In the Pit in Rathpike. I tried everything but no chance to excape. Talk ti the white haired girl (forgot her name) and she will decrease Difiance -2 and increase the other stats.

Did you talk to the girls about the "show" I think, that's your way to work upstairs, but yes, this quest line is still under construction to my knowledge.

hathios Wrote:2nd: YOu are imprisoned by a so called Big Brother. I tried everythign but no luck to escapre his cell. LIke there is no way out. Maybe it is one of the unfinished Quests lije the 1st one.

Also under construction, as is the city / island that it is placed on, I'm looking forward to more of this questline.

hathios Wrote:Normal way:
My stats at the moment and I tried to increase the mentione Depravity and Seduction.

Defiance: 5
Intrigue: 6 (8 are needed for the thief quest.)
Seduction 5

I'm hoping the thief quest gets lowered to 6 unless we get more options to up Intrigue in Rathpike.

hathios Wrote:I have opened Excel and safed before every choice and try to find the best choices to increase the stats at its best.
There are a few actions you need Requirments for.

Defiance Depravity Intrigue Seduction
Knife REQ: 2
Kill Mean Refugee REQ: 3
Horse Milking REQ: 5 /+2
Whore at Inn REQ: 4 /+1 1st choice/ +1
Thief REQ: 8

Don't forget killing slimes! Defiance 3 I think?

hathios Wrote:My item list:
Tools: Knive and Lockpick(Always buy one you neer know when needed next.)
Quest: Promise Token(From Bakers Kid), Orso's Ledger (WIll start a quest in the future maybe?); Rusty Key(Starts a quest and smile like fish and rine. Maybe you will find something where the fish quest leads to from Sally if you ask her for work.)

I bought 2 before finishing out Pliny's quests, well worth it. And don't forget to visit the guy standing where the lockbox used to be after that quest from the pink haired guy.

hathios Wrote:Guy vanished after you leave the tavern drunk in Rathpike. Where is he now? Increase and decrease no stat.

Hmmm, what guy, I may have missed something there...

hathios Wrote:Like you said WHor yourself at the corner will be added soon.

Suggestions:
Claire should wear a MAiduniform when working in the Inn in Rathpike.
I miss a clothshop to increase the possibilities to unlock sexy CG's/Scenes (Example: Working as a whore in differetn outfits.). (If you already working on it. Great can't wait for the release.)
I am NOT a Patron because I don't have enough money.

I like it and enjoy every single minute of it. [Thumbs Up!]

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the addition of uniforms, I'd also like to see more results from our actions in the warehouse and flirting with the customs guy, I'm also looking forward to using my breeding certificate in Rathpike.
Darthjake

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects