Gates; "The Opening" Rpg Maker Version0.10 Free Update

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Gates; "The Opening" Rpg Maker Version0.07 Free Update

Postby Dede Kusto » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:40 am

GtO Version 0.08 is out! And 0.07 is available to the public.

2 new events with Grace
1 new event with Matilda
1 new event with Kari
1 new event with Mary
1 new event with Ulya
and finally 1 new event with Lilia.
Dede Kusto

Postby hoboy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:48 am

Looking forward to it - will give input once I can get the DL to work (overloaded as far as I can tell - been trying for 3 hrs and it bombs out after 10-15%...usually Mega is good for a 1/2G in a couple minutes so I think you have a popular game here...

Okay - problem is strictly with the Mac download - Win took a couple minutes like usual. I'm hoping it can be re-uploaded as I use the Mac for these when I can?....
Last edited by hoboy on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoboy

Postby theredfear » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:22 am

I had a save where I did not realize I needed to ride the train with Kari after the hobo fight to get the threesome later with her and Lilia. Now I am not sure if my current game is that save where I missed the event, or the one where I went back and redid it. Anyone know what Kari/Lilia RPs should be if I did that event and have been following a pure low morality path?
theredfear

Postby Dede Kusto » Sun May 21, 2017 11:46 pm

theredfear Wrote:I had a save where I did not realize I needed to ride the train with Kari after the hobo fight to get the threesome later with her and Lilia. Now I am not sure if my current game is that save where I missed the event, or the one where I went back and redid it. Anyone know what Kari/Lilia RPs should be if I did that event and have been following a pure low morality path?

Well, sorry for this late reply.
You end up with 50 rp after her train event.
Dede Kusto

Postby Dede Kusto » Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 am

Hi,
Version 0.09 is out!
6 new events including characters:
Ashley
Matilda
Hayley
Ulya
Eva
Sonya
+1 new map
Dede Kusto

Postby Regardie » Mon May 22, 2017 4:40 pm

I have had v0.07 Win fix sitting around on my computer for a while and just got around to really playing it. I had started it when it came out for free and somehow it had slipped between the cracks and I never finished the content.

So I like the images, you do have a great artist working with you. I like the writing, some very clever bits. I believe I finished the low morality path and I still need to try the MC as a better person. The low path seems out of character for the MC based on the intro bits, three years later and still maintaining the relationship with Chris then to try and do a school full of students, become a pimp, etc seems like a drastic change. It does have some sexy content though. I hope the high path gives some sexy content as well, while the MC doesn't become as much of an ass.

There are lots of spelling and grammar things in the public version to fix. In a RenPy game with the assets open I would have gone through the files and fixed it all and posted it here for you. I like to do that to make games better, as it really is about the story. But with the RPG maker MV format I can't do that, plus the public version is now two versions back from what you are currently working on so hopefully it has all been fixed by now.

I am going to list some bugs I found even though the version is old. After finishing the cellar puzzle the first time, if you play it again, you can never finish it. Get the barrel to the top of the ramp and you are stuck, it never moves on. Do you need the combat experience with the rats for any type of leveling up?

After the Luna / old lady car theft, when you are supposed to take Luna home, the cross the street circle is still there and if you bring Luna there, the game hangs.

The game has crashed completely, closed itself down on several occasions on me. Usually, when moving from one map to another, for example, entering the inn. Not every time but annoying.

I have not found a fast skip option. Long passages of dialog during which you can't save, then a crash and you have to play the dialog again, and watch as it slowly appears on screen, or does a slow fade. Is there a way to hide the text box to see the underlying image? You often give an empty text box before moving to the next image, is that a way to get around the hiding of the text box?

I am willing to look over scripts for you if you want the help. I am a firm believer that I have no talent for writing the script myself, but I am good with the spelling and grammar rules and I can fix typos. I don't know what RPG Maker uses for the dialog bits but I can read and understand most coding languages so if it is stored in some odd type file I can still work on it.

With the release of v.09 to patrons, does that mean v.08 will be rolling out to the public soonish?
Regardie

Postby Dede Kusto » Mon May 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi,

It's a long distance relationship and if you are on the low path you will see that their bond isn't as strong as they /you predict.
He doesn't become a real pimp actually. He basically fools around with Aura aka Luna :p

The high path has two main romance choices one is Ashley the barista and the other one is Chris. Also, there are some other characters that you can "interact" like Eva (nurse), Hayley (swimmer girl), Grace (librarian9. Grace's path is a bit different than the others though. There is some sort of a mystery out there and if you contact with those characters you may have a possibility to solve it. You will be part of that "mystery" if you follow the low path too though. You will experience things from a different perspective.

There are a couple of people helping me on that but if you want to join the crew I can't say no to that. Just send me an email. ([email protected])

Tbh I've never played that puzzle game twice. But that map has to refresh after you leave it. But as I understand this isn't happening?
You need to go to the gym and build up your strength to fight more efficiently. There is no experience/level system within the game.

And those random crashes are related to the game engine mostly I think.

You can press "w" to skip the dialogues faster.

V.0.08 is available to the $5 patrons right now and it will available to the public when v.10 is out.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Dede.
Dede Kusto

Postby kvier » Tue May 23, 2017 12:38 am

Regardie Wrote:There are lots of spelling and grammar things in the public version to fix. In a RenPy game with the assets open I would have gone through the files and fixed it all and posted it here for you. I like to do that to make games better, as it really is about the story. But with the RPG maker MV format I can't do that, plus the public version is now two versions back from what you are currently working on so hopefully it has all been fixed by now.
MV stores all its data as JSON (albeit without line endings); it's straightforward to pretty-print it and then to edit with a plain text editor.

A structured editor would make it nicer, but for proofing you don't need it...
kvier

Postby hoboy » Tue May 23, 2017 1:52 am

True - I have done this with MV by first playing the game and finding awkward phrases and mis-spellings and then using the text editor to bulk-search all the map.json files for that phrase and replacing. It's not elegant but it works.

Back on the game - is Mortze doing the artwork? Does he work on this between his own projects? Love his work, and loving this. Awaiting the next public release with anticipation...
hoboy

Postby Dede Kusto » Tue May 23, 2017 2:09 am

hoboy Wrote:Back on the game - is Mortze doing the artwork? Does he work on this between his own projects? Love his work, and loving this. Awaiting the next public release with anticipation...

Yes for both :)
Dede Kusto

Postby Dede Kusto » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi,

Version 0.10 is out and version 0.08 is available to the public.

Changelog:
6 new events including characters;
Lilia, Mary, Aura, Laura aka tight rabbit, Cassandra, Cat.

Win:

https://mega.nz/#!iIxSkCwa!UPiM4u_-YcEk ... V_kzybM4mo

Mac:
https://mega.nz/#F!MFoy1ZyY!Se-_oYLhXci1TPC8ywkjZg

Mac alt link:
https://mega.nz/#F!hdBlWRoC!Lp68MnGs7VgvGlc_iU-t9A

Walkthrough&Save folder:

https://mega.nz/#!qUQQ3ToY!s0FwCNLD4qnU ... AiUnx4-9y0
Last edited by Dede Kusto on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dede Kusto

Postby hoboy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:08 am

Hey Dede - downloaded the windows version of 0.8 fine, but for some reason the Mac version isn't a compressed file but a folder - that doesn't want to download...may want to edit the thread title as well...

EDIT - and on my 6th try, I got the Mac version/folder to download. However - the title screen says 0.07? Is it the new version? I'll have to start playing to see, I guess... :?:

RE-EDIT - yes, it's the new version. Question is - why does the splash page still say 0.07? Hmm...
hoboy

Postby Dede Kusto » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 am

hoboy Wrote:Hey Dede - downloaded the windows version of 0.8 fine, but for some reason the Mac version isn't a compressed file but a folder - that doesn't want to download...may want to edit the thread title as well...

EDIT - and on my 6th try, I got the Mac version/folder to download. However - the title screen says 0.07? Is it the new version? I'll have to start playing to see, I guess... :?:

RE-EDIT - yes, it's the new version. Question is - why does the splash page still say 0.07? Hmm...

Oh yes, I just forgot the change the background image so it reads 0.07. My bad :)
Dede Kusto

Re: Gates; "The Opening" Rpg Maker Version0.11

Postby Dede Kusto » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:54 am

Hi,

Version 0.11 is out!

Change log:
6 new events including characters,
Christina
Lilia
Grace
Ulya
Matilda
Sonya
and
Jenna (Chris's old housemate, a "new" char)
$10 tier will get the game on the 22'nd of September.
Version 0.10 is available to the $5 tier now.
Version 0.09 will be available to the public on 22'nd of September.
And I will release the bonus event soon.

Have a great weekend.

Dede.
Dede Kusto

Re: Gates; "The Opening" Rpg Maker Version0.10 Free Update

Postby Dede Kusto » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am

Hi,

Version 0.12 is out!
You can download the version 0.10 for free. I updated the link on the first post.

Changelog:
5 new events,
7 new scenes including characters:
Sonya, Mary, Matilda, Grace, Cathrine, and Ashley.
+ 10k words including:
Cheesy puns, blood, sweat, and cum.
CG room is still a mess. I will start working on that after this update and add the new events.
Version 0.11 is now available to the $5 patrons.

Thank you for your patience, Happy New Year and Enjoy!
Dede Kusto

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects