[RPG Maker MV] Renryuu: Ascension [WIP]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker MV] Renryuu: Ascension [WIP]

Postby RyenSaotome » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:46 pm

The warmap system has received a complete rework and is now available in it's new shape.

- Move/Attack command is replaced by "Action", with which you can move within range or directly attack enemies within range.

- New visual of all stats and bonuses before you attack.

- Instead of the attacker making the damage before the enemy, the attacker now gains an attack bonus, but takes full damage from the enemy as well.

- Attacking a unit which isn't directly next to you will move your unit to it before attacking.

- Ranged units (Archers and mages) can't counterattack or be counterattacked. Also they can attack 1-2 tiles far, but can't move anymore after attacking. Their attacks can't go over impassable tiles or any units, to attack enemies behind.

- Attack animation are now visible when units fight.

- Turn over button was replaced by a turn over option on every unit you have.

- Visual of the unit counts in the bottom left corner and day value in the top center of the map have been removed.

- All forces are now small groups of units instead of boxes.

- Enemies now prioritise to attack units which they're strong against.

- Units can't attack more than once per turn.

- Balancing changes, all units have higher base defense values

- Changed the map around the tower slightly and the positioning of the enemies, in order to make things more open instead of clumped into single tiles.

- Several other bugs have been fixed. One of them was Grey appearing in Sandra's treasure dungeon events, even if he was already transformed

- I added a Yanfly plugin for the shop screen, so that you can see more details about items and compare it with all party members.

For comparison, here is what the previous system looked like:

General news:
- Some people reported problems, which were possibly caused by files missing in one of the earlier "update files only". I recommend to download the full game version, to have a new start and be certain to have all files.
- Make sure to check out the "Tournament of fame" at my patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/naughtynetherpunch). We're currently in the fourth round of voting the favorite characters in 1on1 battles.

Download the newest version at:
-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:39 am

Thank you for updating the war map system, expcially the mages and Archers.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby RyenSaotome » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:29 am

The new version is up and contains:
- New CG scene with Aleah. This scene will be different, depending on whether you freed her or put her into your dungeon.
- New event with two different CGs for Grey, if your previous choices with him included keeping him in your castle.
- The solutions for the Magic Test during the events with Chiyo have been added to the walkthrough.

- The RPG Maker MV now has the option to export games for Linux. I've uploaded the newest version, but expect it to be buggy or not to work for certain Linux versions. As I don't have a Linux system myself, I won't be able to provide tech support for this version.

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello Ryen, loving your past two updates, only got one question.

how the heck is that device in the new grey scenes powered, and how is it even made, plastics don't exist, so my question is how is that device possible for the era of this game.

Like I can understand if there is some how say it is charged by a magic cystal piece to do that, but how can you create it.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Dead2112man

Postby RyenSaotome » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:11 pm

"don't exist" " possible for the era" - Just to clear something up, the game isn't set in the past of our world, it's in a fantasy setting, so don't try to hard to compare it with the medival time of our world. :)

The vibrator is powered by magic gems, which make it vibrate when activated with the switch. The outside is made with a plastic like substance, which is a natural material that can be heated to make it flexible and give it a new shape, which it'll hold as long as it stays cool.
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby darthvaapad » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:35 pm

I'm just wondering are there plans to eventually make characters like Kurohime full party members or will they only be temporary members for certain missions?
darthvaapad
Newly Registered

Postby RyenSaotome » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:37 pm

The current 12 main characters will remain the only permanent party members. Some others like Kurohime will join only temporary for limited areas, otherwise it would break some events and make things even more complex as they already are. ^^
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby RyenSaotome » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:37 am

The new version is done and contains a lot of new maps and CGs!

- 13 Floors for the new map Spire of Courage [3 safe floors, 3 base fighting floors, 3 easy floors, 2 medium floors and 2 advanced floors].
- The easy floor ends with an event, that can lead to a CG scene when you win the fight and make the right choice afterwards.
- Medium floor introduces the Tigergirl patreons have voted on before. Her events aren't finished yet, she'll receive a CG scene later.
- Hard floor will bring back a good friend for a rematch, unless you haven't met her yet.
- Several new enemy battler CGs
- New skill "Dark Blade" for Ryen at level 15
- New skill Mana Burn for some enemies
- Balancing changes for element attacks and defense of friends and enemies
- New CG for the scene with Chiyo and Kayelinth playing in the river
- New recipes, items and steel equipment
- Replaced some normal soldiers with dwarves at and in the Drunken Cave

General notes:
- To help balancing the game, please let me know with what level and party you managed to clear the Spire of Courage or where enemies were too strong for you.
- I changed the system for the version number from day/month/year to year/month/day, so that the higher number will always be the newer version.
- At the time of this post, we're ~60$ short on the patreon goal to get a new monstergirl with CG into the game each month. Should you like the new monstergirls, you now know how to get more of them. Image

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby RyenSaotome » Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 am

The new version is ready! Beside a new scene for the maid Vivian, most time went into the changed for the warmap. It's not done yet, but the current version should be enough to give an idea to where things are going. Please let me know, when you find any bugs, and what you think of the changes.

General changes include:

- Spire on Courage added to the Begus south map item
- Ryen can obtain his new level 15 skill now by sleeping in his bed, when you play in a savegame where he was already 15 or higher when the skill was added.
- Higher m.atk for Chiyo
- Fixed the bug, which gave you steel instead of coal from mining coal inside of the Spire of Courage
- Fixed a buggy demon in the Spire of Courage
- Added a CG scene with Vivian to the headmaids girl selecion screen
- The music on all maps was changed to the same volume

Warmap changes include:
- Completely new map in between battles
- All unit can change class now (but require the necessary resources for it)
- You can heal and train new troops for each unit
- The first farm can produce Wheat, Hops, Pigs or Horses
- The storage can be upgraded from 20 to 50 resources max
- Watchtower can be build directly on the new map. A lot of buildings will follow, which will eventually replace the old "choice tree" of Sir Edward in your throne room for constructions
- Special events marked with an "!" symbol give short dialogs on the new warmap. For example, having helped Val's mercenarys before will give you a dialog at the blue villa on the new warmap, which gives you a few new recruits
- Constructions take several turns to complete, but are instant while no battle is active.
- Battles show you the win/loss condition at the start now, and a "victory" or "defeat" image at the end. Winning and losing will make you gain/lose supplies
- If your supplies drop below zero, they'll stay at zero but the moral of your troops goes down.

Bugs I'm aware of:
- Problem with unintended change of looking direction of enemy units when they're marked as in your attack range
- The AP counter sometimes doesn't refresh after the turn ends. The unit has the correct amount of AP, but the display is not updating until you move the unit again.

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby RyenSaotome » Mon May 15, 2017 10:57 pm

The new update is done and contains:
- A new scene with the fire spirit in the south dungeon in Central.
- 3 new quests from Flaire at the thieves guild below Thremten. The third quest has 5 different ways to solve the problem, 4 of these are optional and hidden if you haven’t met the necessary person for it yet.
- Some small balancing changes.
- Dialogs from the last update were spellchecked and corrected now.

General news:
Tomorrow, Tuesday 16. May 2017, the grand final of the Tournament of Fame will beginn at [url='http://www.patreon.com/naughtynetherpunch']www.patreon.com/naughtynetherpunch[/url]
Only Tsubaki, Vampire and Kurohime are left! Everyone will have only one vote, so the choice won’t be easy, but the last girl standing after this poll will be the winner of the entire Tournament!

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby RyenSaotome » Mon May 29, 2017 8:31 pm

The version 17.05.29 is online and contains:
- New mummy girl enemies in the Dhranholl mine.
- New event with Grey, Elly and the Dark Sorceress. Starts with Grey at the sleeping chambers, after you’ve done the previous events for the three girls.
- The dialog of Sir Edward was changed. Most building options are now on the country overview map. For his quest, you need to use the "Talk" choices with him, which will disappear once the quest is done.
- New battle on the warmap.
- Laboratory can now switch between normal and warmap researches.
- New buildings and changes on the warmap.
- Negative production now uses resources from the storage and shuts off production when not enough resources are available.
- Buildings constructed on the overview map also appear on the worldmap, but have no interaction on the worldmap.
- The first battle on the warmap will now only be available when you’re told about it by the general, who doesn’t appear until you’ve freed Vampire.

Known issues:
- Warmap is still not done. A lot of resources don’t have a use and the balancing is probably off.
- New events aren’t spellchecked yet.

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Dead2112man » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:07 am

Will there be a good path for Ariana to get her scene?
Dead2112man

Postby RyenSaotome » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:40 am

Dead2112man Wrote:Will there be a good path for Ariana to get her scene?

The current scene won't be available in the good path, but there will be another CG scene with her which is exclusively for her good path. ;)
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Ungawa » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:49 am

*sigh*

Just venting really quickly...

You know how Aleah can be a sex slave or a maid in your castle?

Yeah, I fucked up and kept her as a sex slave. Not my cup of tea for domination and it's caused me to have to do the game from the beginning. I don't have much time with it, but it's frustrating to have to redo it because you forgot to save and then realize you could have done things differently.

Overall, the game is really good and I like that the story is so diverse with challenge. I'm really not bored as I work to improve the city and go with the story. Call me quirky, but the relationship stuff isn't as interesting as seeing what I find out on the main path.

Keep up the good work!
Ungawa

Postby RyenSaotome » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:25 am

Unless you deactivated it, there are auto saves in slot 19 and 20, where the game saves all 2,5 minutes alternating between the two saveslots. Maybe that way you get back your progress, if you haven't already started the new play. :)

And thanks for the praise!
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby RyenSaotome » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:58 am

The new update is done! Changes from version 17.05.31 to 17.06.15:

- You can now exchange Stone, Iron and Wood items at Sir Edward, to turn them into warmap recources. (Wood is not the same item as Logs)

- The "stone seller" in the bar of Aldlyn now sells "Stone" items. This does not affect his role in the quest to reconstruct the old barracks.

- You can buy a limited amount of Wood and Iron on the trade map of the merchant Darude in Aldlyn.

- You can gather Stone similar to Iron in some dungeons. This does not require a Mithril Pickaxe.

- The turn-based system on the warmap now stops at the end of the last deadline (now turn 60), instead of stopping directly after the last battle.

- Warmap battle 3 and 4 added. Battle 4 introduces the first boss battle and a one-time full heal for a unit. Winning the battle 4 will bring the enemy commander Lind to your dungeon.

- Windmill/Bookbinder fixed.

- Changed the cost for lumberjacks/mines.

- New events with Naevy, which includes a new floor in the Spire of Courage, and leads to a sex scene with her (CG is not done yet, so it's text only for now. That's why it's also not in the CG replay screen).

- New CG for the first encounter with Brad

General news:
I made some changes to my patron rewards and stretch goal. Feel free to take a look at www.patreon.com/naughtynetherpunch for all changes. ;)

-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
Last edited by RyenSaotome on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Ungawa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:17 am

RyenSaotome Wrote:Unless you deactivated it, there are auto saves in slot 19 and 20, where the game saves all 2,5 minutes alternating between the two saveslots. Maybe that way you get back your progress, if you haven't already started the new play. :)

And thanks for the praise!

The smartest thing I could do was to save every new game in exactly those slots...

I needed an excuse to start over anyway. I just wish that there was a way to get her out of there or to expand her role inside but meh, more game to unlock as needed.
Ungawa

Postby RyenSaotome » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:08 am

Ungawa Wrote:I just wish that there was a way to get her out of there or to expand her role inside but meh, more game to unlock as needed.

Who? Or what? :D
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Ungawa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:45 pm

I was meaning Aleah. Once she's stuck in a role, she's there. I guess that's where her story ends. I'll just work to see more of what's to offer as I restart.
Ungawa

Postby Silverdragon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:26 pm

There is a bug in the building map in the 6/15 version....the option to buy the bath house appears without accepting the request and if you buy it the clinic is automatically considered as bought and it does not use any of the ressources nor money
Silverdragon

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects