[RPG Maker MV] Renryuu: Ascension [WIP]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker MV] Renryuu: Ascension [WIP]

Postby RyenSaotome » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Currently I have no plans to add any new character to the party. 12 possible member should already be enough. :D But I might make limited areas where you get temporary party members or have control over a different person. If and how Kurohime will take part in this is not decided yet. I already consider something like a spy network with Kurohime but I don't know yet in what way it'll work and what it would be able to affect.
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:40 pm

It's really cool that you reply back so quickly. Some decks are ghosts on their own threads. Thank you for being so responsive :D
archer_gilgamesh

Postby RyenSaotome » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:43 pm

You're welcome. :D I try my best to take good care of the few fans I have. They often have good ideas or find bugs so it helps me as well. =)
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby RyenSaotome » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:40 am

The new update is done! It contains:

- Improved CG selection screen.

- New CG scene with Ryoko starting at Calbridge Stronghold if you had her previous scene and have the first public health upgrade.

- Improved menu visual.

- Bug with Theremis at the capital of Amagal fixed.

- Several small bugs fixed.

- Every armor description now shows its type of armor.

- Every character description now shows what type of armor they can wear.

- Magic items created at the laboratory aren't random anymore but instead can be picked.

- Stone trap in the south dungeon doesn't give a game over anymore.

- Small balancing changes for Treys aura skills.

Small changes to skills from the laboratory.

- The first battle of the strategy warmap is finished. I suggest to save before trying it so that you can try all different ways of going and fighting in this new system. Feedback about what you enjoy or don't and all bugreports are highly appreciated!

The Walkthrough has also received an update with the newest quests.

You can copy your old save files into the save folder of the new version if you want to continue playing your old progress.

Download:
-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Workdammit » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:06 am

I can't seem to find a trigger for the second Ryoko scene. Maybe because I did all the prerequisites in saves that came over?

Unrelated note: I like how warmap works
Workdammit

Postby hoboy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:25 am

Workdammit Wrote:I can't seem to find a trigger for the second Ryoko scene. Maybe because I did all the prerequisites in saves that came over?

Unrelated note: I like how warmap works

Agreed and agreed - I have Ryoko's new axe but no CG (as of yet)...she just asks what she can do for me...warmap was interesting...
hoboy

Postby RyenSaotome » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:15 pm

I accidentally had the trigger to activate the event on the wrong teleport. :D You've to go to the Red keep (the other fort slightly up north from Calbridge Stronghold) first. Once you've entered the Red keep from the worldmap you should be able to see Kirsten on the Calbridge Stronghold map.
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby hoboy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:48 pm

RyenSaotome Wrote:I accidentally had the trigger to activate the event on the wrong teleport. :D You've to go to the Red keep (the other fort slightly up north from Calbridge Stronghold) first. Once you've entered the Red keep from the worldmap you should be able to see Kirsten on the Calbridge Stronghold map.

I assume I need to restart the whole Ryoko sequence? I already have her magic water axe, but nothing is showing up in either the Red Keep or the stronghold...at least I have a save at the magic quiz...
hoboy

Postby RyenSaotome » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm

No, restarting should be unnecessary. You only need to go to the red keep with Ryokos water axe quest done and public health upgraded to at least 1. After you entered the red keep you can leave immediately since the trigger is at the teleport event. You should then be able to see Kirsten at the Calbridge Stronghold in the bottom right corner.
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby hoboy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Had a hard time spotting her in that lower right corner. Alright! Up to end of current content! (again)...
hoboy

Postby RyenSaotome » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:40 pm

I made a new update mostly for the sake of bug fixing. I got little feedback for my fix in the last devlog but since what I got was positiv I hope the crashes will be solved now.

- After your introduction in the castle the game will now automaticly save every 2.5 mins alternating between saveslot 15 and 16. If you already have a save at those slots you wish to keep please load and save them somewhere else in your old version before copying them into the new version!
- A new plugin takes away all second weapon slots for characters that can’t use it anyway.
- Money from mines and taxes is now generated 10 times faster.
- I forgot to mention in the earlier update news that Kurohime has received her second CG picture. You can see it in her training or if you finished it already by using the CG selection at your bed.

Download the newest version at:
-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Be they big or small, I love updates!
archer_gilgamesh

Postby RyenSaotome » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:46 pm

The new update is finally uploaded! It contains:

- New content for the main story line. (continues in Witton where it ended before)
- Item synthesis at several blacksmith now possible!
- You can now harvest Iron Ore in several dungeons after getting the Mithril Pickaxe. You’ll get the pickaxe during a side quest of the new story line events which also brings you to the new map Dhranholl mines.
- More about different races with Ellanore at the sleeping chambers.
- Sound bug with the stone boulder trap fixed.
- Stone seller dialog in the capital changed to make it easier to find him.
- New CG scenes added for Hellhound and the Wyvern girl Leneth. You can start those events and find Leneth in a locked storage at the Norhall Stronghold in Begus. You’ll need Sandra to open the door.

I’m also working on a new battle system for the warmap. You can take a look at the current state of it in the screenshot below. Moving your own units (green) around and attack enemies works fine but making conditions for enemies to react to your units is still taking some time. Also planned to be added in this system are:

- Research trees for each unit time (replaces "formation" in the warmap screen)
- Experience for fight and level ups for each unit.
- Special commanders (maybe as "heros") for units.

The walkthrough will be updated in a bit as well.

Please be so kind to leave your feedback here or per mail at [email protected]

Download:
-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --

You can also find the file "Renryuu 23.09.16 to 07.10.16 update files.zip" in the download folder. This should contain all files you need for the update without the need to download the entire game again. Since it's the first time I'm trying to do it this way please let me know when something doesn't work.

General information:

You can continue to play your old progress by copying the old save folder into the folder of the new game version.

Saveslot 15 and 16 are used for auto-saves. Don’t save your own progress there if you don’t want it to get overwritten with auto-saves.
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:44 pm

I swear it feels like you developers all get together and decide to release your game updates at the same time lol. Can't wait to download this update tonight and test it out.
archer_gilgamesh

Postby graham99 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:27 pm

I love you even more for this update :D

Warmap is sooo freakin great but i hope it wont only a few battles and then its done. So bandits skirmish could happen from time to time and you could maybe gain Leadership xp and spoils of war? For example wipin bandits out and gethering there loot or plundering villages and capturing woman cattle and rescources when youre in a battle? Like Mount and Blade style.

As everytime i got lots of praise for your work :) and im gonna tell all my mates about your game :D (ich werds meinen hentai Kumpels weiterempfehlen)

<3
graham99

Postby RyenSaotome » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:50 am

@archer_gilgamesh:
I'm actually not paying any attention to when other developer put out their updates. :D My updates get out as soon as they are done. ^^

@graham99:
Glad you like it! =)
If the system works well and allows for quick reuse in different maps and scenarios I'll definitly make a lot more with it. :) Some kind of "spoils of war" will be certainly included in it. ;)
"Hentai Kumpels" sounds awesome. Sadly I don't have many people in my area that I could talk about my game with. :/ And thanks for spreading the word about my game. =)
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby rpgfan650 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:26 am

I did a search for rope, and nothing was listed for this thread. Is there a rope Ryen can use for the hole on the training cave map? The ropes I have encountered can not be picked up. The walkthrough didn't help me.
rpgfan650

Postby RyenSaotome » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:10 am

The places ropes can be found at are listen in the walkthrough under map. You can use control + F to use for the word "rope" and find them rather quickly in the long list. It's also possible to buy them in Ebron from Knocky the blacksmith.
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby rpgfan650 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:03 am

RyenSaotome Wrote:The places ropes can be found at are listen in the walkthrough under map. You can use control + F to use for the word "rope" and find them rather quickly in the long list. It's also possible to buy them in Ebron from Knocky the blacksmith.

Thank you, I never thought of using Control+F. As for Ebron, I haven't been there yet.
rpgfan650

Postby RyenSaotome » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:07 pm

A new version has been uploaded and contains:
- 3 requests, 2 bounties and 1 event available at the new city board in front of your castle.
- Several buggy recipe fixed.
- Changed the name of the time value "days" in the merchants map. This is supposed to aviod confusion of people who think they would need to sleep in order to skip days.
- Auto-save can be toggled on/off in the main menu now.

General information:
- You can continue to play your old progress by copying the old save folder into the folder of the new game version.
- Saveslot 15 and 16 are used for auto-saves. Don’t save your own progress there if you don’t want it to get overwritten with auto-saves or toggle off auto-saves in the main menu.
Thanks to my game testers for finding several bugs and helping to improve this upload beforehand.

Download the newest version at:
-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects