[RPG Maker MV] Renryuu: Ascension [WIP]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker MV] Renryuu: Ascension [WIP]

Postby qatsvn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:08 am

It might also be an issue with the un-RARing software I was using; not sure (either way, it happened with a few different RMMV games I downloaded). Either way, it isn't a huge issue as long as people find the script I posted if their game won't launch.
qatsvn
Newly Registered

Postby hoboy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:59 am

What are you using to Un-RAR on Mac? I use Stuffit Expander and haven't had an issue yet...
hoboy

Postby RyenSaotome » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:33 am

If un-RARing might cause problems would there be a better way to get the entire game data in one file for macs?
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby RyenSaotome » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:13 pm

A new version has been uploaded. The version introduces the catgirl Kurohime with currently 2 CGs and over 10 different options to play with her. You can thank the patron Sam Milne who wished for this character and CG as his pledge reward. Kurohime can be met at the hidden room shown in the screenshot above once you meet the requirements.

The old encryption I used seems to cause problems with the save system after an rpg maker update so I changed to the new encryption in the rpg maker itself. Sadly this seems to cause problems as well. I noticed some flower tiles to look bugged due to this. Please tell me if anything else seems to be affected. In the meantime I’ll see if I can find a smooth solution to the problem. [:)]

I left the old version 15.08.16 in the download folder in case any game breaking problem appear.

Download folder for newest game versions:
-- Mediafire --
-- MEGA --

Edit: It seems like a new plugin caused the savegame system to be bugged. I uploaded a new version 27.08.16 without the plugin which seems to work fine now. Please tell me if you still encounter problems.
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Chexza » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:06 am

Hi just discovered the game on Gamejolt. Playing in the browserversion (As it's possible to play on Linux). When I move into the church in the capital and make my Paladin choose a god, the game crashes.

But having a lot of fun besides this, and fortunately saved bevore :)
Chexza
Newly Registered

Postby RyenSaotome » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:40 pm

The bug in the church is fixed for the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience. ^^

Happy to hear you have fun with the game. That's the most important part. =)
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby RyenSaotome » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:32 am

The new version 05.09.16 has been uploaded to MEGA. Mediafire is currently not working for me so I'll upload it there later.

The update contains:
- Quest added for Kurohimes taining
- Quest added for Sandras treasure dungeon
- Bug with double Kurohime fixed
- Added option to choose <50% and >50% obedience version of Kurohimes anal and vaginal scene when replaying it from the CG selection screen.
- Fixed a bug with Treys blessing choice at the church
- Added a new event story for Chiyo
- Added small events for Trey and Ryoko

Download:
-- MEGA --
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby Amon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:11 am

Are skill points a limited currency? I remember picking up several skill items from a few chests so I am wondering if I will be able to purchase skill points later.

Is the benefit also applies to the party members I haven't met yet or only to those currently in my party?

Thank you, enjoying the game so far.

Edit:
I think the Ice mages in the arena are bugged, they never attack or do anything.

There was also a weird bug after I got Chiyo in Amagal. the diplomat guy is close the door, if you pass in front of him he'll try to talk to you but there are no texts and you are unable to do anything, only if you talk to him the north it works.
Amon

Postby RyenSaotome » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Amon Wrote:Are skill points a limited currency? I remember picking up several skill items from a few chests so I am wondering if I will be able to purchase skill points later.

Is the benefit also applies to the party members I haven't met yet or only to those currently in my party?

Thank you, enjoying the game so far.

Edit:
I think the Ice mages in the arena are bugged, they never attack or do anything.

There was also a weird bug after I got Chiyo in Amagal. the diplomat guy is close the door, if you pass in front of him he'll try to talk to you but there are no texts and you are unable to do anything, only if you talk to him the north it works.

Skillstones are limited but you gain 1 skillpoint for every level Ryen gains past level 10.
The effects apply to all party members even if you didn't encounter them before getting the upgrade. So you don't have to wait until you have all party members before upgrading something. :)

I'll take a look at the Ice mages and the diplomat. Thanks for telling me about it!
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 am

Loving the game thus far, quick question though. I know that when you open Millaine's box, it initiates a sex cutscene, but does coming inside or outside affect anything?
archer_gilgamesh

Postby RyenSaotome » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:27 am

Coming inside or outside only affects the dialog you're getting at the moment. I have only one character at the moment who has a certain chance to trigger a "pregnant" switch if you cum inside of her but it has also no effect and is only there for a possible use in the future. If MIllaine will get such a switch as well depends on how much more part in events she'll have or if she stays as a short side character.
Since children don't pop out and grow up over night there will probable be a "time jump" at a point of the main story line where you're skipping some time. So the results of getting girls pregnant could be visible after this time jump. But I'm not at that point in the story yet so we'll have to see how things work out. ;)
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:42 am

So, what happens if you release Aleah from the dungeon. The only thing I did was send her straight to mine thinking it would work like Kurohime and she could ultimately serve another purpose after having been "trained". This does not seem to be the case however and I'm wondering if I made the right move. After doing this, I forgot for a little while and saved over an old save so it's too late to go back and undo it, but I would like to know if Aleah has a bigger role if you let her go.
archer_gilgamesh

Postby Dead2112man » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:27 am

archer_gilgamesh Wrote:So, what happens if you release Aleah from the dungeon. The only thing I did was send her straight to mine thinking it would work like Kurohime and she could ultimately serve another purpose after having been "trained". This does not seem to be the case however and I'm wondering if I made the right move. After doing this, I forgot for a little while and saved over an old save so it's too late to go back and undo it, but I would like to know if Aleah has a bigger role if you let her go.

What a wonderful thing called experimentation could help you out, for out of all of this "I would like to know if Aleah has a bigger role if you let her go." is the only question you might not be able to solve with out the creators help at this point, or maybe not, who knows what that other door holds till you go backwards and see what lies beyond it.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby RyenSaotome » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:28 am

Dead2112man Wrote: "I would like to know if Aleah has a bigger role if you let her go." is the only question you might not be able to solve with out the creators help at this point.

Did I hear someone calling for me? :D
At the moment Aleah only has a short dialog after letting her go to show what way she'll walk on from now. She wasn't planned to have more events but I'm thinking about making more about her. I guess even I don't know if she'll have a bigger role yet. :D
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:34 am

Dead2112man Wrote:
archer_gilgamesh Wrote:So, what happens if you release Aleah from the dungeon. The only thing I did was send her straight to mine thinking it would work like Kurohime and she could ultimately serve another purpose after having been "trained". This does not seem to be the case however and I'm wondering if I made the right move. After doing this, I forgot for a little while and saved over an old save so it's too late to go back and undo it, but I would like to know if Aleah has a bigger role if you let her go.

What a wonderful thing called experimentation could help you out, for out of all of this "I would like to know if Aleah has a bigger role if you let her go." is the only question you might not be able to solve with out the creators help at this point, or maybe not, who knows what that other door holds till you go backwards and see what lies beyond it.

Lol, that's a long way of saying, "You may need to ask the developer"
archer_gilgamesh

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:35 pm

Also, I think I may have found a bug. I'm not sure what event happens during the quest that may trigger the bug but after exiting the cave with the purple ore in Amagal I go to downstairs and save Chiyo from the 3 guards. I choose to help her and she joins my party. After that I'm told that I need to go back to Central. Walking back to the entrance of Amagal Castle, your advisor stops you right at the door, an empty text box pops up and then nothing happens and the game has to be restarted because nothing will close the text box. Thankfully, you can teleport out of the castle back to your own, so there is a workaround, but it feels like your advisor needs to tell you something but can't. If anyone else has seen this bug, then please let me know.
archer_gilgamesh

Postby RyenSaotome » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:15 pm

archer_gilgamesh Wrote:Also, I think I may have found a bug. I'm not sure what event happens during the quest that may trigger the bug but after exiting the cave with the purple ore in Amagal I go to downstairs and save Chiyo from the 3 guards. I choose to help her and she joins my party. After that I'm told that I need to go back to Central. Walking back to the entrance of Amagal Castle, your advisor stops you right at the door, an empty text box pops up and then nothing happens and the game has to be restarted because nothing will close the text box. Thankfully, you can teleport out of the castle back to your own, so there is a workaround, but it feels like your advisor needs to tell you something but can't. If anyone else has seen this bug, then please let me know.

It was indeed a bug. I fixed the dialog when you talk directly to Theremis before but I forgot to change the dialog if you move on a tile where he starts talking to you by himself. It'll be fixed in the next upload. Thanks for telling me! :)
ImageImage
RyenSaotome

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Will Kurohime be joining Ryen's party or is she like an unofficial member of his advisory board? Would be kind of cool to have a spy network that could relay confidential trade, military, or political statuses of the other nations
archer_gilgamesh

Postby Dead2112man » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:55 am

archer_gilgamesh Wrote:Will Kurohime be joining Ryen's party or is she like an unofficial member of his advisory board? Would be kind of cool to have a spy network that could relay confidential trade, military, or political statuses of the other nations

These are starting to sound more like suggestions then questions.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:14 am

Dead2112man Wrote:
These are starting to sound more like suggestions then questions.

Not really. I simply asked a question about a character and then since her character is still being developed, wondered a possible function for her character.
archer_gilgamesh

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects