Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.35

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.07

Postby Dragon594 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:37 pm

I tried both ways. It only happens when I try to go to leave the room
Dragon594

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.11

Postby Lord Arioch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 am

There's a new version now, so give that a try, and if you still have problems, dm me the error text you are getting and I'll take a look at it.
Lord Arioch

Postby Darthjake » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Got to say, I am loving what you are doing here, and how the game has progressed so far, will there be any chance we can keep the paladin girl from the fort if we later choose to take by subterfuge? Or even keep her later, as maybe Jez keeps her to give to the hero later as a gift once he is more corrupted?

I truly wish I had money to throw at you after this last version.
Darthjake

Postby Lord Arioch » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:27 am

Thanks DJ, glad you are enjoying it.

You can't keep Helayna I'm afraid, but it is for a good reason. She's going to be the playable character in a female protagonist scenario coming later. :)
Lord Arioch

Postby SOMEGUY789 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:28 am

So about those other scenarios, do they run parallel to the main story or are they what-if like scenarios?
SOMEGUY789
Newly Registered

Postby Lord Arioch » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 am

SOMEGUY789 Wrote:So about those other scenarios, do they run parallel to the main story or are they what-if like scenarios?

Helayna's starts a few months after Rowan's, so timeframe is similar.
Lord Arioch

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.13

Postby Ungawa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:01 am

I just started, but the story is intriguing to say the least... I'll have to check it more and see what's missing or not.
Ungawa

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.13

Postby FTG82 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:10 am

Hey just checking up wondering when the a new update will come out. Can't wait for it
FTG82

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.15

Postby Lord Arioch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:38 am

Out now, you can grab it in the OP. :)
Lord Arioch

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.15

Postby Darthjake » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Woot! Been looking forward an update.
Darthjake

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.18

Postby Lord Arioch » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am

Version 0.2.18 is now available in the OP. If you haven't played the game in a while, we've made quite a lot of changes and progress since the initial stages. The game now has:

- the intro plus 24 playable weeks (over two hours of (linear) game play)
- a much larger map to explore, with new resource types to capture
- new mechanics such as spying (and in the backer release, NPC jobs for Alexia)
- nearly 30 sex scenes, with 3-5 being added in each new release
- over 35 unique CGs (plus variants), with 5+ being added in each new release
- a lot more other art assets (character sprites and backgrounds)

Release Notes
- Map size has been increased to represent half of Rosaria
- Lots of new resource hexes have been added as a result, with new resource events
- The game has undergone extensive balancing
- Villages and keeps now require military points to be spent in order to capture or destroy them
- A new storyline has been added to Raeve keep that allows you to claim Helayna. This will have an effect on your relationship with Alexia
- Five new sex scenes have been added
- Three more backgrounds have been added to the castle
- Four new CGs, plus variants have been added
Lord Arioch

Postby Darthjake » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Wow, you were not joking that keeping Helayna would have an effect on your relationship with Alexia, that being said after trying it out I went back to giving her over to the orcs. I'm hoping that there will be a way to deal with X'zaratl, as of right now I'm just avoiding her to avoid becoming a "pet". I'm guessing that eventually you might make it possible to reconcile with Alexia if you keep Helayna, or is there no chance of having a harem of sorts in game?

Anyway, I love what you've done here, it seems that except for the scripted scenes you can have a different play-through each time. Also is level 2 the current max for Rowan at this time?

Keep up the great work!
Darthjake

Postby Lord Arioch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:16 am

Alexia will come around, she's just upset, but she'll understand why Rowan chose to do it.

There's no hard max level, but that is probably as high as you can get with the current amount of time in the game. :)
Lord Arioch

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.20

Postby Lord Arioch » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Latest version now available in the OP.

Release Notes
- Event system has been overhauled to allow for more complex control of event selection
- Job system added
- First two jobs, Librarian and Maid, available for Alexia from week 22 with a number of events
- New ruler events
- New sex scenes
- Orciad can now be started, visit the orc camp in the north-west corner of the map
- New sprites, backgrounds and CGs
- Gallery updated with all recent CGs
- Map GUI has undergone some visual improvement
- Turn count upped to 32 weeks
Lord Arioch

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.22

Postby Lord Arioch » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:36 pm

OP has been updated with links for the new version (0.2.22). Merry Christmas / Happy holidays!

Release Notes
- Turn count upped to 36
- New Ruler events
- Four new sex scenes
- More content for the Orciad narrative
- New Job for Alexia - Tavern
- Framework and initial content for journal added
- New BGs, sprites, and CGs
Lord Arioch

Postby tontoman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 am

Nice to see it's still being worked on... but gotta ask what's the trigger for events? Because I'm sure I forgot some events, but after playing it again (think before I was about two versions back) I got less events happening than even the ones I remember. Is there some global stat (being good, being more evil) change that effects them, gating them off?

Like the new jobs for the wife btw, something to follow as you do your bit week by week.

T.
tontoman

Postby Darthjake » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:38 pm

tontoman Wrote:Nice to see it's still being worked on... but gotta ask what's the trigger for events? Because I'm sure I forgot some events, but after playing it again (think before I was about two versions back) I got less events happening than even the ones I remember. Is there some global stat (being good, being more evil) change that effects them, gating them off?

Like the new jobs for the wife btw, something to follow as you do your bit week by week.

T.

Some of the events are rng, others like the mines or the town that negotiates are set points, I'd be willing to bet, but the events at the mines (like the goblin script) are most likely rng too.
Darthjake

Postby tontoman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 am

Darthjake Wrote:
tontoman Wrote:Nice to see it's still being worked on... but gotta ask what's the trigger for events? Because I'm sure I forgot some events, but after playing it again (think before I was about two versions back) I got less events happening than even the ones I remember. Is there some global stat (being good, being more evil) change that effects them, gating them off?

T.

Some of the events are rng, others like the mines or the town that negotiates are set points, I'd be willing to bet, but the events at the mines (like the goblin script) are most likely rng too.

Ok thanks, least I know it's not me and trying different paths (more evil etc.). Yeah found the event list but damn so many didn't trigger on three playthroughs. Will be back later to check it out again :).
tontoman

Postby Darthjake » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:21 am

And keep in mind, I'm guessing from the multiple play throughs that I have done, but that's what it seems to me.
Darthjake

Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py] - Version 0.2.23

Postby Lord Arioch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:26 pm

OP now updated with new public release 0.2.23 as 0.2.24 is available to backers.

Release Notes
- New ruler events
- New map events (swamp)
- Six new sex scenes
- New job for Alexia - Breeding pits
- Continuation of the Helayna storyline (to trigger it, refuse to help Helayna escape. Storyline revolving around helping her will be added in a later release)
- Introduction of Rowan's first staff member, Liurial
- New sprites, BGs, and CGs
Lord Arioch

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects