Succubus Tales - Chapter 1: Nicci's Revenge (COMPLETE)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Succubus Tales - Chapter 1: Nicci's Revenge

Postby senryu-sensei » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Monthly Progress Report for June 2017!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!
Before starting with the usual list, as I previously stated, I was a little busy for a while during june and couldn't work on the game as much as I would...
For that, i'm really sorry (T.T)
That being said, here is the list of what I did so far:
- 2 standing pictures for Lidia ( 1 dressed and one naked);
who is Lidia? She's a messenger from the capital ( I know what you think, and no, she Really is a messenger ;-P ); she comes to Tirnambeo from time to time to deliver and take letters.
- Complete set of images for the second event ( that's 9 images!)
- Naked human and demon form for one of the already existing character (I would really like Patreon to introduce spoiler's codes...).
- First 3 images for the third event.
...And that's all...I know it isn't much....(T.T)
Anyway, I'm planning for a mid/late july release.
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Version 0.6 Patrons Release!

Hello Guys!
I've just finished uploading the new version, here's the changelog:
- standing pictures for Lidia ( dressed, naked and demon form);
- standing pictures for Xinnar ( dressed, naked and demon form);
- standing picture for Sharlith;
- Doyle's demon form;
- sprites for every new character
- 3 new big events ( for a total of 50 images! );
- as usual, every big event has his own sprites
- plus a couple of picture-less events with text only.
- there is a new map: "deep woods";
- I've added a new script to the game which should hopefully fix some lag issue (thanks to Ant1989 for pointing it out!);
- fixed a couple of bugs, like the game freezing if you interacted with the wc from the side during the first event at the inn;
- as always, a Great thanks to Hoboy for proofreading the game!
- I've added a save file to the archive, to let you start from the end of version 0.5 without any problem, and a little txt file with a guide for the new scenes

Public Release in 15 days.

I know there are fewer events compared to the previous update, but as I've already said, I was a little bosy during june, sorry >.<
Anyway, the amount of images per event increased!
senryu-sensei

Postby Darthjake » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:36 pm

However it appears you are making great strides as an artist, I like the pic of Lidia, I'll check this out again once the new public release hits.

Keep up the good work!
Darthjake

Postby senryu-sensei » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Public release Time!

FuUuUck my internet...It went down yesterday and come back up only now -.-'
Anyway, here it is the link for the version 0.6B, Enjoy!
MEGA LINK

Version 0.6C Fix:
MEGA LINK
- if you go to mayor house in night you are trapped inside forever ---> FIXED
- After you hear the priest and lidia conversation, you're supposed to b only able to chase her into the woods, and won't be able to get inside other buildings --->FIXED!
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Monthly Progress Report

And so, August is about to end...
What have I done so far during the month?
- Elda now have a new outfit ( with bigger..."eyes" too )
- Images for first event - Done
- Images for second event - Done
- Images for third event - Done first set, started the second one.
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Monthly progress Report for September 2017

Hello My Dear Supporters and Followers!
Here's what I did so far during the month:

- Third Event - DONE (for a total of 11 images);

- Two characters now have their demonic form too!

- Fourth Event - Done Eight images so far, with 3 different sets, started the fourth set too; this event is taking a little while longer than usual to draw everything, since usually events have only 1 - 2 sets of images, while this one have Way more (>.<).

I think that when I'm done with this event, I'll start writing and coding event, drawing sprites and put everything together for the next update, So, yeah, you can expect version 0.7 somewhere during october. ;D
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Version 0.7 Released for 5$+ Patrons!

Oh Yeah!

It's Ready!

Let's start with a little changelog:

- New outfit for Elda ( and a "bigger assets" too);

- Demon forms for 2 character ;

- Four new Sex events ( for a total of 48 images!) plus a couple of non sexual, text only events;

- As always, events will have their own sprites;

- I re-did Lucy's sprite, to better fit her image ( Image );

- as always, a Great thanks to Hoboy for his amazing job at proofreading the game!

P.S. : portraits for the last two succubi are placeholders; I'll replace them as I draw a regular standing pictures;

P.P.S. : as always there is a save file into the archive from the last version, and a little "new events guide" ( just ignore it if you like to find out new content by yourselfs;

and remember that the game will end when you're thrown back to the main menu.

Public Release in 15 days.
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Version 0.7C Public Release!

Yep, it's time for the public release already!

Changelog:

- New outfit for Elda ( and a "bigger assets" too);

- Demon forms for 2 character ;

- Four new Sex events ( for a total of 48 images!) plus a couple of non sexual, text only events;

- As always, events will have their own sprites;

- I re-did Lucy's sprite, to better fit her image ( https://i.imgur.com/1TwVUVb.png );

- as always, a Great thanks to Hoboy for his amazing job at proofreading the game!

P.S. : portraits for the last two succubi are placeholders; I'll replace them as I draw a regular standing pictures;

0.7B bugfix:

- The Gender Change of the Guards is not permanent, the next day they are just standing there as always ---> FIXED

0.7C bugfix:

- After watching Lidia scene in the CG Nicci's sprite disappears --> FIXED

- CG room: Lidia standing pictures named "Sharlith - standing picture" --> FIXED

And of course, here's the link!

MEGA LINK
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Version 0.7D Bugfix:

- at night time,  going down from the second floor of the inn and would lead to Josef and Adele's house, stuck into the black side of the map---> FIXED

MEGA LINK
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Monthly Progress Report!

Hello, My Dear Supporters and Followers!

Here's what I did so far during the past month:

- Standing naked image of the Twins ( with this I'm going to replace their portraits, as I previously said, they were placeholders);

- a different image, presenting their maid outfits ( I didn't simply added the outfit on top of the naked image, I did a totally new one) ;

- standing image for the adult version of Sharlith;

- completed images for the first new event;

- completed the first set for the second new event;

- started the second set for the second event.

And thet's all;

here's a little preview, enjoy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

​​​​​​​ Image

as always thank you all for yuor support ;D
senryu-sensei

Postby Ant1989 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:24 am

Well, Senryu Sensei, after some months I decided to give a try to Succubus Tales again. And I must say, you are getting things better. You included a bunch of scenes, some of them pretty good for the budget you are working with. But I do noticed two things you could improve.

First, At the last time we spoke I wasn't aware of a certain mod that could really benefit your game, as it helped the one I'm making. You see, since you increased the resolution, you might have noticed that the textbox is too small for the size of the screen, as well as the font size. So Yanfy Message System (https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmv ... ge-system/) could solve that for you. You can use it to change the defaut size of font, and the size of textbox or the portrait space. It also allow you to make a namebox above the textbox. I don't know how you are you are changing the opacity of the textbox (press ctrl), but if you are using the script from efeberk (http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/20 ... isibility/) I found a way to to make the namebox also disappear by adding this after the script commands.

Code: Select All Code
class Window_NameMessage < Window_Base

alias efeberk_window_message_update update
  def update
    efeberk_window_message_update
    if Input.trigger?(EFE::KEY)
      self.visible = !self.visible
    end
  end

end

It's the samething just changing the class it make disappear with the press of the button for the namebox class.

The second thing I would like to say it's that you only applied changes to the images presentation and wordwrap to later parts of the game, and this makes the game inconsistent. I'm sure this happened for time reasons since you must show something new to your patrons every now and then, but you really should leave some time to improve the begining of the game, this could give a better impression to new players who might become patrons later on. You could also leave the management of the images changing (animation) to a parallel process event and just activate, change and deactivate throught a variable in the autorun event, so you animation would still be running even during the text.

I hope my suggestions help you. And good luck.
Ant1989

Postby senryu-sensei » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:12 am

Ant1989 Wrote:Well, Senryu Sensei, after some months I decided to give a try to Succubus Tales again. And I must say, you are getting things better. You included a bunch of scenes, some of them pretty good for the budget you are working with. But I do noticed two things you could improve.

First, At the last time we spoke I wasn't aware of a certain mod that could really benefit your game, as it helped the one I'm making. You see, since you increased the resolution, you might have noticed that the textbox is too small for the size of the screen, as well as the font size. So Yanfy Message System (https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-message-system/) could solve that for you. You can use it to change the defaut size of font, and the size of textbox or the portrait space. It also allow you to make a namebox above the textbox. I don't know how you are you are changing the opacity of the textbox (press ctrl), but if you are using the script from efeberk (http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/20259-toggle-message-box-visibility/)

The second thing I would like to say it's that you only applied changes to the images presentation and wordwrap to later parts of the game, and this makes the game inconsistent. I'm sure this happened for time reasons since you must show something new to your patrons every now and then, but you really should leave some time to improve the begining of the game, this could give a better impression to new players who might become patrons later on. You could also leave the management of the images changing (animation) to a parallel process event and just activate, change and deactivate throught a variable in the autorun event, so you animation would still be running even during the text.

I hope my suggestions help you. And good luck.

Wow, so much advices again, Thank you ;-)
You are totally right about the images' presentation, maybe I'll find some time to do it during xmas holydays;
as for the text, I'm not sure about increasing the font size, but I could Definitely use some of that mod's features.
By the way, now I'm kinda curious...What's the game you're making? ;P
senryu-sensei

Postby Ant1989 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:55 pm

It's just a fan game, a remake of Monster Girl Quest from Torotoro in RPG Maker VX Ace. I still didn't launched anything on internet yet, or have any idea of how do it without getting a DMCA on my face forcing me to abandon the project before completion, but I already have 1/3 of the first game ready and adapted (I'm planning to make all the 3 games into one). I'm not really after money with it (or spending any, everything I'm using I found free online or assets from MGQ Paradox), it's just a hobby, I always thought that game deserved to be made in RPG Maker, and there are some little points I'd like to change. I, of course, don't expect the game to become as good as it could, I'm no artist or writer, but I do try to edit somethings here and there. Overall I'm happy with how things are going.

I was thinking about putting the game on some pirated games website (It spreads through the internet fast and no one will know where it came from), but then how do I get feedback? The main reason I want to put this thing online before completion is to get feedback. Anyway, do you have any advice?
Ant1989

Postby senryu-sensei » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Ant1989 Wrote:It's just a fan game, a remake of Monster Girl Quest from Torotoro in RPG Maker VX Ace. I still didn't launched anything on internet yet, or have any idea of how do it without getting a DMCA on my face forcing me to abandon the project before completion, but I already have 1/3 of the first game ready and adapted (I'm planning to make all the 3 games into one). I'm not really after money with it (or spending any, everything I'm using I found free online or assets from MGQ Paradox), it's just a hobby, I always thought that game deserved to be made in RPG Maker, and there are some little points I'd like to change. I, of course, don't expect the game to become as good as it could, I'm no artist or writer, but I do try to edit somethings here and there. Overall I'm happy with how things are going.

I was thinking about putting the game on some pirated games website (It spreads through the internet fast and no one will know where it came from), but then how do I get feedback? The main reason I want to put this thing online before completion is to get feedback. Anyway, do you have any advice?

Unfortunately I've never tried out the original Monster Girl Quest series, so I can't be much useful, sorry >.<
As for the Writer and Artist thing, I can say that practice and time is all you need ;D
senryu-sensei

Postby Ant1989 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:01 am

Thanks, man. You know, when I get some little details done, I will send you a PM with a link to the game, so when you have nothing better to do, you could try it out. No rush, I know you have a job and other better things to do, I also have a job and can only work on it on weekends, so I'm not rushing here either. But please don't feel obligated to play it just because I tried yours, you said you didn't played MGQ which means you might not like the genre to begin with.
Ant1989

Postby senryu-sensei » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:29 am

Merry Christmas!

I decided to post this a little early, before you all disappear, going on vacation and such ;-P

(check the full sized image HERE  )
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Monthly Progress Report!
Hello, My Dear Supporters and Followers!
Here's what I did so far during the past month:

- second new event: All Done ( This one took quite a while, since the second set have four characters in it and it count 9 images alone);

- third new event: set one done;

- third new event: set two - working on it ( 5 images done so far);
here's a little preview:

- I started to mess around with RPG Maker MV, looking for useful plugins, tilesets and sprites; at a later time I'll probably do a poll, asking your opinion about using it for future chapters

- other than that I had to fix my patreon page and all it's posts, conforming them to Patreon's new guidelines -.-'
senryu-sensei

Postby Ant1989 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:20 pm

Upgrading my engine to MV was something I considered to do with my project, but I ended up discarding the idea. The reason is scripts. The scripts of VX Ace doesn't work on MV, so you would need to have the scripts you use translated to MV, which some people did for some of the VX Ace scripts, but many didn't. For those, you would need to create the script yourself, what would require to learn how to script in MV language. Such a thing could take months.

Take this into consideration if you wish to proceed. The only real benefit I see with this is to increase resolution, which you already did. It cost you some FPS, but I'm still surprized it was so little, When I tried to increase to 800/600 here my FPS fell by half even on an empty map.
Ant1989

Postby senryu-sensei » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 pm

Ant1989 Wrote:Upgrading my engine to MV was something I considered to do with my project, but I ended up discarding the idea. The reason is scripts. The scripts of VX Ace doesn't work on MV, so you would need to have the scripts you use translated to MV, which some people did for some of the VX Ace scripts, but many didn't. For those, you would need to create the script yourself, what would require to learn how to script in MV language. Such a thing could take months.

Yeah, that's why I'm looking around for plugins firstly; Yanfly already did a tons of plugins for mv btw;
the only problem is that VX ace has years and years of scripts, tilestets and sprites, while MV has been out for...what? Two years by now? So yeah, it's still lacking on the customization aspect, but that won't last for long...i hope...
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 pm

Succubus' Tales - Chapter 1 Version 0.8 Released for 5$+ Patrons

changelog:

- standing, naked picture for the twins

- new outfit for the twins

- standing, nacked pictures of both Marissa and Lucy (2x each)

- there are a total of six new events (three sexual)

- a total of 33 images for those sex events!

- at some point in the game, I started to use a fadein / fadeout effect to show images;

I decided to go back and apply it to the entire game, from the start.

That's all, Have fun!

Patreon Link
senryu-sensei

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects