Succubus Tales - Chapter 1: Nicci's Revenge (COMPLETE)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Succubus Tales - Chapter 1: Nicci's Revenge

Postby robxxxx » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:01 am

You're doing great work man and honestly thsi is the first time ive even decided to comment on a wip. Just keep doing what you're doing.
robxxxx
Newly Registered

Postby senryu-sensei » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:53 pm

robxxxx Wrote:You're doing great work man and honestly thsi is the first time ive even decided to comment on a wip. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you! ^.^
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Version 0.4 is out for 5$ Patrons!
Changelog:
- The CG-Room has been implemented!
You can access it through the Hall od Fame ( check the shiny thing).
- There is a new character in town, Addine, a young and beautiful bombshel!
- Added 8 new standing pictures:
2 for Addine ( 1 dressed up, and 1 naked), 2 for Marissa and 4 for Alicia ( 1 dressed up and 3 naked);
- Added 2 non-sexual events, 1 semi-sexual, and 3 sexual events, for a total of 26 images!
- Of course, every event have it's own sex-sprites! (some of them were really hard to do, hope you like them!)
- A BIG thanks to Hoboy for proofreading the game!
And That's All!
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:47 am

Public Release Time!
It's about time, right?
Here' the link for the version 0.4C of Succubus Tales - Chapter 1 : Nicci's Revenge!
MEGA LINK

For the changelog, you can either check my preious message, or the OP.

If you want to start from the end of version 0.3, USE the save file provided inside the rar.

Have Fun! ;-)
senryu-sensei

Postby Ant1989 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Senryu Sensei. I just got the game, and I will test it, but before I begin, can you answer me one question? How did you got the resolution of the VX Ace (which I know because of the dragon icon of the exe) to 1024/768? I heard of a dll to make that, but it became unavailable. It looks like it is because to change that you would need to to hack the exe which is against the EULA. See this post about it (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... ons.16489/) the max resolution that could be done is 640/480. So how you did it? Of course if it was something not exactly "legal", please don't answer.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but on the field the FPS drops to 30 fps, sometimes it stays on 60, but on the first field (first part you are free to walk) it locks on 30. Is it suppose to be like that?

Thank you for your time. I will test the game and post here my review, I think the version I got is 0.4c
Ant1989

Postby Ant1989 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 am

Well I finished the demo 0.4c and here are my thoughts.

Well, I must admit that the idea of corrupting an entire village, little by little, is a hell of an exciting idea, but it still have space for many improviments. I will complain much, but please don't hate me, I am just trying to help.

First of all, I don't know how your patreon is going, but you sure should put a goal milestone to hire a talented writer. Your scenes really need more text, with more exciting descriptions. I understand that you might not be good at it, so hiring someone once you have enough funds should be a must. Meanwhile, you should play some visual novel eroges to get the feeling of what I am talking about, Since this case is more a femdom, I would recomend something on the lines of Discipline Record of a Crusade, or since it includes magic and futa, something on the lines of Bible Black, They more agressive than seductive, but they should give you a north to begin writing.

About the drawings, while I consider them average, that is just my taste, I do feel you put effort on them but should pay more attention. Take a look on some of them to look for things weird. For example, the most obvious was the picture of Nicci in her waitress outfit. Look at her eyes and tell me the aren't too close giving the impression she is cross-eyed. I noticed that when you first shown it on the patreon page. Other exemple, the fisrt slime sex scene isn't very exciting, the slime looks more a tentacle monster, search for "hentai slime sex" on google images, scenes with slimes are more exciting when they are covering their victim, sticking on their skin, like this (http://www.megabooru.com/_images/c33c37 ... slime.jpeg).

Also, since you have a big resolution, you should use the KilloZapit Word Wrapper script (just google it) and forget the use of enter on the texts.

And, I don't really see the need to make a full body drawing of every character. I can understand of the major ones, or to show the outfit, but every single man gained one, they are only shown once and forgoten. That was a waste of time, you could be drawing a new sex xcene.

Now for the minor details.

The presentation of the first cutscene is a little off.
Make the first map loop vertically and an parallel event to make the player walk up while other show the text boxes, feels better than walk, stop, text, walk, stop, text...
You used magic effects of full party, which get the entire screen, when attacking only one target.
The demons having sex could have some moans in a text box, and even better a moan BSE. Also there is no reason to make options to see them, just integrate the images on the cutscene to show the shock of the sisters.
When you show the new nun uniform you should show how the previous was before the cutting, and then chage to how it become.

To smooth the presentation of the h-scenes, you should make the images fade one to another. Just show the next image with opacity 0 in a slot after the current one, then move it to the same place but with opacity 255 in 30 frames at the same time you move the current image the same way but to opacity 0. If you want to clean up, after the fading, show the new image on the slot of the first image opacity 255 and erase the image on the slot after (so the new image is in the same slot as the previous one).

The masculine of succubus is inccubus, so it is more logically to turn a man into a inccubus, unless this game is about genderbender as well, but thinking that only one did become a succubus, I think that wasn't your idea to begin with (you must still have some human men to succubi feed on, or the village would die out).

Nude Nicci still have the same portrait with that nun cap.

Typo: In the captain lines. "People" is plural, "Person" is singular, it can't be one people, unless you mean a collective noun. I am also not from an english speaking country.

If I am not wrong, a mayor is someone elected by the people to manage a city, you can't inherit that. Lucy could be the Lord/Lady, a noble, and the village could be in her lands, like a feudalism. On RPGs you usually have the Elder, but as the same says, they are the oldest people on the village.

Well, that is everything I can remember. If I had saw your project since the begining, I would recomend the corruptions to be gradual and in many steps (even if they use the same CGs or variantions of them) because it is more excinting that way (play Drop Factory with the Eng patch (it is free), if you don't understand what I am talking about. During the scenes, in the text you can see the girl becoming more and more corrupted (sex addicted) as the scenes progresses to new levels). But since so much of the game is already finished it would take too much effort and time to make the corruption more gradual. I would recomend something very slow, with many h-scenes, each getting the victim more and more willing to do it, only for important characters, like party members. That is just my opinion though. I am just trying to help.

Thanks for making this game and I wish you the best of luck.
Ant1989

Postby senryu-sensei » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Ant1989 Wrote:Senryu Sensei. I just got the game, and I will test it, but before I begin, can you answer me one question? How did you got the resolution of the VX Ace (which I know because of the dragon icon of the exe) to 1024/768? I heard of a dll to make that, but it became unavailable. It looks like it is because to change that you would need to to hack the exe which is against the EULA. See this post about it (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... ons.16489/) the max resolution that could be done is 640/480. So how you did it? Of course if it was something not exactly "legal", please don't answer.
Also, I don't know if you noticed, but on the field the FPS drops to 30 fps, sometimes it stays on 60, but on the first field (first part you are free to walk) it locks on 30. Is it suppose to be like that?

I've read somewhere that the use of a modified dll became "less illegal" at some point, BUT, anyway, there are script which do the same thing, and those are, of course, totally legal. ( isn't almost everyone using a bigger resolution noaday? ICSTORE, ICCREATION ecc, ecc)
About the fps drops, I have no idea why that happen...

Ant1989 Wrote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Well I finished the demo 0.4c and here are my thoughts.

Well, I must admit that the idea of corrupting an entire village, little by little, is a hell of an exciting idea, but it still have space for many improviments. I will complain much, but please don't hate me, I am just trying to help.

First of all, I don't know how your patreon is going, but you sure should put a goal milestone to hire a talented writer. Your scenes really need more text, with more exciting descriptions. I understand that you might not be good at it, so hiring someone once you have enough funds should be a must. Meanwhile, you should play some visual novel eroges to get the feeling of what I am talking about, Since this case is more a femdom, I would recomend something on the lines of Discipline Record of a Crusade, or since it includes magic and futa, something on the lines of Bible Black, They more agressive than seductive, but they should give you a north to begin writing.

About the drawings, while I consider them average, that is just my taste, I do feel you put effort on them but should pay more attention. Take a look on some of them to look for things weird. For example, the most obvious was the picture of Nicci in her waitress outfit. Look at her eyes and tell me the aren't too close giving the impression she is cross-eyed. I noticed that when you first shown it on the patreon page. Other exemple, the fisrt slime sex scene isn't very exciting, the slime looks more a tentacle monster, search for "hentai slime sex" on google images, scenes with slimes are more exciting when they are covering their victim, sticking on their skin, like this (http://www.megabooru.com/_images/c33c3736035032228d6d8cbbee8a1a7b/149491%20-%20blush%20fellatio%20green_hair%20lum%20sex%20slime.jpeg).

Also, since you have a big resolution, you should use the KilloZapit Word Wrapper script (just google it) and forget the use of enter on the texts.

And, I don't really see the need to make a full body drawing of every character. I can understand of the major ones, or to show the outfit, but every single man gained one, they are only shown once and forgoten. That was a waste of time, you could be drawing a new sex xcene.

Now for the minor details.

The presentation of the first cutscene is a little off.
Make the first map loop vertically and an parallel event to make the player walk up while other show the text boxes, feels better than walk, stop, text, walk, stop, text...
You used magic effects of full party, which get the entire screen, when attacking only one target.
The demons having sex could have some moans in a text box, and even better a moan BSE. Also there is no reason to make options to see them, just integrate the images on the cutscene to show the shock of the sisters.
When you show the new nun uniform you should show how the previous was before the cutting, and then chage to how it become.

To smooth the presentation of the h-scenes, you should make the images fade one to another. Just show the next image with opacity 0 in a slot after the current one, then move it to the same place but with opacity 255 in 30 frames at the same time you move the current image the same way but to opacity 0. If you want to clean up, after the fading, show the new image on the slot of the first image opacity 255 and erase the image on the slot after (so the new image is in the same slot as the previous one).

The masculine of succubus is inccubus, so it is more logically to turn a man into a inccubus, unless this game is about genderbender as well, but thinking that only one did become a succubus, I think that wasn't your idea to begin with (you must still have some human men to succubi feed on, or the village would die out).

Nude Nicci still have the same portrait with that nun cap.

Typo: In the captain lines. "People" is plural, "Person" is singular, it can't be one people, unless you mean a collective noun. I am also not from an english speaking country.

If I am not wrong, a mayor is someone elected by the people to manage a city, you can't inherit that. Lucy could be the Lord/Lady, a noble, and the village could be in her lands, like a feudalism. On RPGs you usually have the Elder, but as the same says, they are the oldest people on the village.

Well, that is everything I can remember. If I had saw your project since the begining, I would recomend the corruptions to be gradual and in many steps (even if they use the same CGs or variantions of them) because it is more excinting that way (play Drop Factory with the Eng patch (it is free), if you don't understand what I am talking about. During the scenes, in the text you can see the girl becoming more and more corrupted (sex addicted) as the scenes progresses to new levels). But since so much of the game is already finished it would take too much effort and time to make the corruption more gradual. I would recomend something very slow, with many h-scenes, each getting the victim more and more willing to do it, only for important characters, like party members. That is just my opinion though. I am just trying to help.

Thanks for making this game and I wish you the best of luck.

Woha!
That sure is a ton lot of suggestions O.o
First of all, Really thnaks for all you suggested / pointed out ( especially the thext box script, it's really a pain in the ass to do it manually, because the game it-self don't know where the text box actually end -.- )
Unfortunately, this was my first attempt at using VX Ace, and for when I learned how to make things in a better way, the "core" of the game was already in place, and I couldn't change it without re-starting from scratch...
Thanks for pointing out some game to take inspiration from; since english isn't my main language, doing an "immersive" scene is kind of hard...reading a couple of VN will surely help.
As for the transformations, I'm planning to make some men genderbent, while some other will become incubus
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

men with an important role, since they're probably going to meet peole from outside the village.
senryu-sensei

Postby Ant1989 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:26 pm

About drop Factory, I really do think you should play it. It is the best I ever saw to deal with corruption. It is free, but since it in japanese and you still need to install the translation, I decided to post my ready to play copy here. Since it is free, I think there will be no problem. So here is the link https://mega.nz/#!tYs3DKQR!Ycl9b2KVzgEr ... r41iuvGHrY
It is an RPG maker VX type of game, a little grindy, since you need to make the same things over and over, but the scenes are short, well writen and it's exciting how things begin to grow, from a little shy girl, to a complete slut without any rape or mindbreaking (just keep having sex with the inhabitant and the next stages of the scenes will unlock themselves eventually).

There is a walkthrought here https://www.patreon.com/posts/drop-factory-6796528 if you want it. I hope this helps.
Ant1989

Postby senryu-sensei » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:58 am

Monthly Progress Report!

What I did so far during the month?

- Done new outfits for Addine and Elda.
- Done all the images for 2 events and I've already started images for the third one.
- Reworked Sister Nicci image!
- The 2 woodcutters will now be outside the village during the day ( it was too weird that they weren't around during the day...)

And that's all, for now! ;-)
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Ant1989 Wrote:1- The presentation of the first cutscene is a little off.

2- To smooth the presentation of the h-scenes, you should make the images fade one to another. Just show the next image with opacity 0 in a slot after the current one, then move it to the same place but with opacity 255 in 30 frames at the same time you move the current image the same way but to opacity 0. If you want to clean up, after the fading, show the new image on the slot of the first image opacity 255 and erase the image on the slot after (so the new image is in the same slot as the previous one).

I've been working on the events for a couple of days now, coding events, writing dialogs and making sprites, and I'm working on your suggestion:
- Point N°1: it's done, the first cutscene will now show the 3 exorcist walking straigh forward, without stopping each time they talk, until the dialog is over.

- Point N°2: I'm trying to use it on the new events, but I have a little question; do I have to put a "wait until completition" mark on the images transition? I'm asking because I've noticed that otherwise for a split-second there is no image shown.
senryu-sensei

Postby Ant1989 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:06 pm

When I say "At the same time" I mean, the first don't wait until completion and the second wait. More or less like this (sorry, my RPG Maker is in Portuguese, but I explain what each step to in english):

This one shows how to fade an image with background
http://i.imgur.com/c7O8hoB.png

This shows how to smooth change images that look alike (change only the expression or the orgasm of an scene)
http://i.imgur.com/P48avgv.png

This show how to fade in an image and crossfade it with one very different.
http://i.imgur.com/auEUZDT.png

I hope this helps.
Ant1989

Postby senryu-sensei » Mon May 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Version 0.5A has been released for 5$+ Patrons!

Version 0.5 changelog:

- A lot of people complained that I was going a little too fast with the corruption process, so I decided to slow down things a little...

Does it mean less events? But of course not! It just mean that it will require more time and effort to transform people into succubi or incubi;

- I have reworked sister Nicci standing figure, I hope you will like the change;

- I reworked a little the first cut scene (where Diane and the two nuns walk toward the village), so that now they will always walk until you read all the dialogs, instead of "walk-->stop-->dialog-->walk-->stop-->dialog;

- I used a different method to show up images in new events, this make them look better, more smooth;

- for the previous two points, I have to thank Ant1989 for the suggestion;

- Kobe and Doyle (the woodcutters) can now be found outside the village entrance, cutting woods (how strange uh?) during the day, after the first meeting at the inn,; so, if you're stuck at some point, maybe it is better to check on them :D

- new outfit for both Addine and Elda;

- Six new sex events! (For a total of 32 images.) and, of course, every event have it's own sex sprite;

- As always, a Great thanks to Hoboy for proofreading the game!

P.S. : If you want to start from the end of version 0.4, USE the save file provided inside the rar.

P.P.S.: remember that the game goes on until you are thrown back to the main menu.

And...I think that's all...Probably (O.o)

Public Version in around 14-15 days.
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Mon May 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Public Release Time!
Here's thel ink for the version 0.5A, Enjoy!
MEGA LINK

For the changelog, just check the post above this one, or the OP ;-P
senryu-sensei

Postby RayneKnight1122 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi Senryu-Sensei,

Firstly, love the game! I'm going to support your Patreon as soon as i get the chance!

I don't have much in the way of suggestions - but one thing that pops out is that i feel bad for Joseph... I mean his wife suddenly becomes a knockout and he doesn't get to enjoy it? lol.

Else, I can't wait for updates! Hopefully you're faster than other Pateron's i'm supporting... been supporting for months with no update whatsoever and it's quite annoying, so will give you a shot now!

Anyway, back to playing the game!!
RayneKnight1122
Newly Registered

Postby senryu-sensei » Thu May 18, 2017 2:40 pm

RayneKnight1122 Wrote:Hi Senryu-Sensei,

Firstly, love the game! I'm going to support your Patreon as soon as i get the chance!

I don't have much in the way of suggestions - but one thing that pops out is that i feel bad for Joseph... I mean his wife suddenly becomes a knockout and he doesn't get to enjoy it? lol.

Else, I can't wait for updates! Hopefully you're faster than other Pateron's i'm supporting... been supporting for months with no update whatsoever and it's quite annoying, so will give you a shot now!

Anyway, back to playing the game!!

Glad you liked the game!
If you played the last version 'till the end, you can probably imagine what will happen on the next version with Joseph ;-P
About the updates: I usually post new images weekly on patreon, and I do monthly progress reports for the public followers.
senryu-sensei

Postby senryu-sensei » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Monthly Progress Report!

Hello my Dear followers!
As usual, here's the list of what I did so far during the month, after the release of the last update:

- Standing picture for Sharlith, Alicia's daughter, oh her baby form ( she's going to evolve and grow up at a fast rate)

- Standing pictures for Xinnar ( a new character...?); he already have naked, dressed up and demonic form image

- Complete set of images for the first event ( That's 16 images, just for one event! )

- Set up a new forest map that I'm going to use in the next build.

And now, back at drawing >.<
senryu-sensei

Postby Screwbucket » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Loved the game! Just two notes!

1: Maybe add a clock to the HUD to give an idea how many times you need to duck into buildings?
2: Upon completing the version, a gallery would be a really nice touch.

Keep it up, man!
Screwbucket

Postby senryu-sensei » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:50 pm

Screwbucket Wrote:Loved the game! Just two notes!

1: Maybe add a clock to the HUD to give an idea how many times you need to duck into buildings?
2: Upon completing the version, a gallery would be a really nice touch.

Keep it up, man!

You know that there is a CG-room, right? =P
senryu-sensei

Postby Ant1989 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Seiryu, I think I may have found the cause of the low FPS. Try this: (https://rpgmaker.net/scripts/190/code/ ) Looks like the VX Ace has a problem with use of images, and keeps updating them even after they are erased. This scrip fix that. Take a look. This was plaguing the game I am making, and this bug fix solve the problem.
Ant1989

Postby senryu-sensei » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 am

Ant1989 Wrote:Seiryu, I think I may have found the cause of the low FPS. Try this: (https://rpgmaker.net/scripts/190/code/ ) Looks like the VX Ace has a problem with use of images, and keeps updating them even after they are erased. This scrip fix that. Take a look. This was plaguing the game I am making, and this bug fix solve the problem.

There is lag in-game? O.o
senryu-sensei

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects