[RPG Maker MV] Captivity (Porting to Unity)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker MV] Captivity (Pre v0.1.0 build 4.4)

Postby Gidshiri » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:15 pm

I remember that you trying to do something as girly and manly at the same time, but this half skirt is just a little bit strange for me. Shorts looks good, but i think this type of skirt not really combined with it. Maybe you can try use another type of skirts or maybe some another things that can be similiar. Like the big piece of tissue or maybe leather or ribbon or belts or straps... agh, thats why i'm said to you forget about my words. I think, if you will try to experiment with design more - it will be really long. And you may even lost interest or inspiration. I really don't want this. In the end - it's just my opinion. I may be wrong. :\
Gidshiri

Postby x3Darkie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:32 pm

I did mentioned I'm trying to make the player character's design somewhat gender ambiguous since her real life counterpart isn't canon and is selected by the player. Since Kerry's design has a piece of fabric over her left leg as well, I settled with a different design for Player. And to be honest, I kinda like the schoolgirl style skirt design, so I don't think I'll change it, but what I can do is possibly reduce the skirt folds?

Psst. Also, if you stare at her tits long enough you'll forget about the skirt.

*Ahem* In other news, drawing some trees right now. The trees are the first step to creating completely original graphics. What? Did people think I'm gonna use the default RTP graphics? Nope. I'm trying to make my game stand out here. And having original graphics is simply one of the easiest way to do it.

EDIT: Okay, maybe gender ambiguity isn't the word I was looking for. To be slightly more accurate, I'd say I'm trying to incorporate both masculine and feminine aesthetics into her design.
Captivity - A Hentai JRPG now being ported to Unity / Captivity PreFoundation - A direct tie-in side story manga
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6124 / viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7013
x3Darkie

Postby Gidshiri » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Tits are great, yes @_@... ahem... just thought about brilliant idea... or i'm think so. I like such type of skirts too. So, maybe you can do it over the second thigh too? I mean give the second peace of skirt... hmmm... i think, i seen this type of design already somewhere. Eh... not sure about folds. In the end, if you reduce it - it will be not the schoolgirl style anymore, right? And I understood your thoughts about both male and female style at the same time. So all i can suggest to you - maybe you may experiment with the length of skirt parts and with the length and maybe a bit design of shorts?
Aaaagh, again too much thoughts in one post. I should stare to the tits some more... (. )( .) @_@....
Gidshiri

Postby x3Darkie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:34 pm

I'll see what I can do with the design, but I'm not promising anything as I'm quite content with how she's looking right now. But anyone who shares the same concern as Gidshiri feel free to post your feedback as well so I'd know. :3

And since I know a large majority of people doesn't go to my blog/twitter, I'm gonna start spamming so you guys can see what I'm working on right here on LoK. (Just to clarify and before a mod send me a warning, I was being facetious. I'm not going to actually spam. I will however start being more active on the forums and post more stuff to keep you guys up to date with my progress here on LoK.)

With that in mind, here's another WIP CG of a repeatable h-scene where if you sleep during the night, there's a chance Kyle will climb onto your bed and do bed stuff to you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Captivity - A Hentai JRPG now being ported to Unity / Captivity PreFoundation - A direct tie-in side story manga
x3Darkie

Postby Gidshiri » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 pm

Ooh... what are you doing Kyle? Oh, you baaaad boy. Your friend just want to sleep and what do you think you doin? Little pervert :D
If honestly, i should noticed that i still not very interested in Kyle (Kelly one love for now). In the meantime, i still interested to see his gender-bender version in pleasure state :D. Sadly that it will never happen :\. I already planned so much pervert things for this trio in my mind... muahahahahah "supervillian's laught" :D
Gidshiri

Postby x3Darkie » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Yeah, I have no plans of genderbending Kyle or Kerry as I'd like to keep a more or less a 1:1 ratio of males and female members in the player's guild. Also, I feel like people have forgotten that Ryugami even exist. I think I've dropped enough hints so far to let people know Ryugami is gonna be part of the player's guild. Jesus Christ, I really need to get the next update out. :P
x3Darkie

Postby FMC » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:09 pm

Lemme guess; character inputs are over? I wouldn't mind sharing the character I had, I just had the same fear as you; you seeing me using my character I paid for elsewhere and then trying to sue me for using it. xD Yeah, I know this is months after my last post... I just had so many other things to focus on.
FMC

Postby x3Darkie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:28 pm

It's still up, so go ahead and post it on the blog page. Honestly I don't care what/how/where you are using your character, I'm just wording it in a way that means I technically own your version of your character that exists in Captivity to prevent ME from being sued. :3

EDIT: Just a heads up, it's gonna be Chinese New Years, so I'll be taking a break from both my part time work and work on Captivity.
x3Darkie

Postby x3Darkie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Ohai everyone. I know I've been kinda hyping up the next update a lot and still have nothing to show for it and I apologize for taking so long. If you want an excuse, it's that RPG Maker is just very hard to work with and it's been holding me back quite a lot with what I want to do with the game. So I've been working on porting the game over to Unity engine. What does this mean? It means it's gonna take a lot longer for the next update to come out, but then again I've been delaying it over and over anyway, so it's really nothing new. But while porting the game over the Unity sounds fine and dandy, I can't keep the current RPG Maker assets in Unity engine due to RPG Maker's license, so I'm going to have to create original ones (which is what I've always intended to do anyway). I don't want to write any longer than I've already had, so I'm going to make a short bullet point list of what's expected when the game's ported over to Unity.

- 1080p & 16:9 aspect ratio support
- Keyboard and mouse support
- No more RTP assets (which I need to reiterate, is planned to be replaced anyway)
- Less technical hassle on my side that comes with working with RPG Maker (hopefully)

Right now I'm still using RPG Maker files as placeholders to test things and have basic movement set up so I can't release it until I replaced them with my own, but yeah, tell me what you guys think of porting the game over to Unity.
x3Darkie

Postby Gidshiri » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Glad that development continues. Hope we will see new content build soon :)

Not sure about porting on unity. I mean it will takes a lot time, some tech problems and etc. But if you still wants it - go for it.
Gidshiri

Postby FMC » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:22 am

Swap to Unity if you want. Just know it's gonna be a lot more work than what you're currently doing just because of how Unity works, being just the very basic slate for you to work with instead of having a lot of things being able to be used premade.

The plus side is that you get way more freedom, which can be nice. Just don't burn yourself out.
FMC

Postby x3Darkie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:52 am

I'm working on a side game that's also using Unity. Y'know, just so I can give you guys something else to play while I port Captivity over to Unity. I had to learn C# to actually make things work, but from what I'm experiencing so far, it's SO MUCH easier to work with. It also gives me an excuse to actually stop using RTP assets and start making my own, but it does also mean I can't simply release it in its current state due to RPG Maker's license regarding its use of its assets and all. And thanks! I'll try not to burn myself out juggling between 3 projects.

Also, since Epoch Point is not ready for its own thread yet, I'll link you guys to the discussion thread about it and a new blog in case anyone's interested. (Psss.... There's a 20 second video on what I've done so far at the new blog.)
Discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7789
Blog: https://epochpoint-hassg.blogspot.com
x3Darkie

Postby x3Darkie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:45 am

Ohai there. I've made a Discord server. So if anyone wanna jump on and chat, click this: https://discord.gg/beQeBSW
...this is the cutest thing ever.
x3Darkie

Postby Gidshiri » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:10 pm

So, what about game? Some news maybe? How is your work going?
Gidshiri

Postby x3Darkie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:17 am

Work is still slowly going on, nothing major to announce yet. But I have been posting WIPs and shit on the Discord channel, so I dunno. Come check it out once in awhile and see what I'm up to?
x3Darkie

Postby Gidshiri » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Yes, I've seen it already. So, now you will post news there only?
Gidshiri

Postby x3Darkie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

I post minor things like sketches and such on Discord and/or twitter, otherwise major things like near completed CGs, details about certain mechanics, announcements or such will still go here or the blog.
x3Darkie

Postby Gidshiri » Wed May 03, 2017 6:32 pm

So, you focused on Captivity right now? I think, it's a good idea to have only one active project for one time. You may give all your attention to it. Hope to see something fresh and sexy in the nearby future :)
Gidshiri

Postby Dragon594 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:45 pm

When is the next build coming?
Dragon594

Postby x3Darkie » Thu May 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Dragon594 Wrote:When is the next build coming?

Not sure? It'll be ready when it's ready. I hyped up the "next update" a LOT for the past year or so (holy shit it's been that long since I've released an update?) and never got anything done because of engine inefficiency (like RPG Maker being an ass) and among other shenanigans like having a job that's preventing me from actually working on the game. I'm not going to even give a rough ETA from now on because I can never seem to deliver on them. So, it'll be ready when it's ready. Of course, I could quit retail and start developing full time if my Patreon is making more money, but I can't expect people to pay me if I offer like 0 gameplay. So generally speaking, development have been pretty slow going. (Yes. I'm shilling. PAY ME SO I CAN QUIT MY JOB AND WORK ON GAMES FULL TIME)

But here's something less grim. I've been working on the new busts for the past day or two. Of course, this is just a proof of concept. I didn't split the parts up to animate, so it's REALLY rough. Don't expect the final bust to come out looking like this. Just something to look forward to I guess. (The forums don't support gifs. So click on the link.) I'm an idiot for not syntaxing the link.
In fact, as the next version I release will be ported over to Unity complete with original art and shit, it'll effectively be v0.1.0, so the pre-build shit will be dropped by then.
x3Darkie

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects