[RPG Maker MV] Captivity (Porting to Unity)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker MV] Captivity (Pre v0.1.0 build 4.2)

Postby Darthjake » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Eh, depends on how you want to advance the classes, maybe sharpshooter?

I guess I'll need to check your blog out for more of the manga references. I'm not too into mangas but I do like anime in general.

Full Metal Alchemist, Kenshin to name a couple, I've seen more but I can't remember exact names, my brother is serious about anime and manga so I do have a resource to tap at least.

I'll have to replay the opening and see if I can give you some ideas about the advanced class names or look up Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, a tabletop rpg that had some great ideas about basic to advanced classes.
Darthjake

Postby x3Darkie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:33 pm

So far I've only mentioned the manga in 2 posts, both of which is the latest. I literally made no references to the manga prior to these 2 posts. I have however, teased a lot of stuffs about the game in a lot of those posts. A lot of them are also in the comments. So, you'll probably need to dig deeper than you initially thought.

The hard part isn't actually coming up with names for the classes, it's the (in-universe) weapon, gameplay, skills, balance and how they affect other classes that's the hard part. Once I got all those down (or at least a general idea of them), coming up with the names is pretty easy.
Captivity - A Hentai JRPG now being ported to Unity / Captivity PreFoundation - A direct tie-in side story manga
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6124 / viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7013
x3Darkie

Postby x3Darkie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 am

A quick update for you guys. No teasers for the manga this time. I finished up the lineart, but I figured I'd paint it first. Then I'll make a new separate thread and move the manga discussion there. Right now, I'm putting the manga on hold for a bit, point a gun at my head, and hurry up with build 4.3. I'm actually somewhat close to fully updating the dialogue, so unless I got distracted by life and/or my constant need of money to eat, you can expect 4.3 to come in a few days (hopefully within the week).
Captivity - A Hentai JRPG now being ported to Unity / Captivity PreFoundation - A direct tie-in side story manga
x3Darkie

Postby Darthjake » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:24 pm

x3Darkie Wrote:A quick update for you guys. No teasers for the manga this time. I finished up the lineart, but I figured I'd paint it first. Then I'll make a new separate thread and move the manga discussion there. Right now, I'm putting the manga on hold for a bit, point a gun at my head, and hurry up with build 4.3. I'm actually somewhat close to fully updating the dialogue, so unless I got distracted by life and/or my constant need of money to eat, you can expect 4.3 to come in a few days (hopefully within the week).

That reminds me of a line from a series I've read where the main character is asked if he loves money, and his reply is perfect.

"I used to think so, but now I realize that it's just a addiction."
Darthjake

Postby x3Darkie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:32 pm

Darthjake Wrote:
x3Darkie Wrote:A quick update for you guys. No teasers for the manga this time. I finished up the lineart, but I figured I'd paint it first. Then I'll make a new separate thread and move the manga discussion there. Right now, I'm putting the manga on hold for a bit, point a gun at my head, and hurry up with build 4.3. I'm actually somewhat close to fully updating the dialogue, so unless I got distracted by life and/or my constant need of money to eat, you can expect 4.3 to come in a few days (hopefully within the week).

That reminds me of a line from a series I've read where the main character is asked if he loves money, and his reply is perfect.

That sounds familiar, I don't remember where I heard it from though.

Main note, pre-build 4.3 is now up! I've also started uploading mirrors aside from Mega. If you're having problems with Mega, use the other ones! The new ones are Google Drive and Dropbox for an ad-free experience! Fuck Mediafire. That thing is cancer. Avoid it like the plague.

Full changelog for 4.3:
=======================================================
Additions:
- Added a second dialogue for Kyle after the first scene for consistency

Changes:
- Updated RPG Maker MV engine to 1.3.1
- House scene dialogue fully updated
- Main menu tweaks:
* Optimized main menu (should no longer stutter randomly after the disclaimer)
* Pressing X/cancel now also advances the disclaimer
* Quit Game button is now less sudden and fadeout slightly before closing the game
- Text bubbles animation tweaks
- "Guard" during combat is renamed to "Defend"

Bug fixes:
- Fixed h-scene 1 dialogue using the wrong text bubble
- No longer able to press T to wait or ~ to enter the debug room in the main menu

Debug room changes:
- Re-added the missing sex stat crystal

Implemented scripts:
*Updated some scripts*
x3Darkie

Postby Darthjake » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Darthjake Wrote:

x3Darkie Wrote:That sounds familiar, I don't remember where I heard it from though.

The Dresden Files, can't remember which book.

x3Darkie Wrote:Main note, pre-build 4.3 is now up! I've also started uploading mirrors aside from Mega. If you're having problems with Mega, use the other ones! The other two are Google Drive and Dropbox for an ad-free experience! Fuck Mediafire. That thing is cancer. Avoid it like the plague.

Yay Mega!!!!

x3Darkie Wrote:Full changelog for 4.3:
=======================================================
Additions:
- Added a second dialogue for Kyle after the first scene for consistency

Changes:
- Updated RPG Maker MV engine to 1.3.1
- House scene dialogue fully updated
- Main menu tweaks:
* Optimized main menu (should no longer stutter randomly after the disclaimer)
* Pressing X/cancel now also advances the disclaimer
* Quit Game button is now less sudden and fadeout slightly before closing the game
- Text bubbles animation tweaks
- "Guard" during combat is renamed to "Defend"

Bug fixes:
- Fixed h-scene 1 dialogue using the wrong text bubble
- No longer able to press T to wait or ~ to enter the debug room in the main menu

Debug room changes:
- Re-added the missing sex stat crystal

Implemented scripts:
*Updated some scripts*

Woot, downloading now.
Darthjake

Re: [RPG Maker MV] Captivity (Pre v0.1.0 build 4.4)

Postby x3Darkie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Oops. I fucked up again. What happened was I separated the h-scene from the main event in preparation for the Scene Gallery mode. Naturally of course, being the idiot that I am, I forgot to make the main event call the h-scene. So I added that back in.

Pre v0.1.0 build 4.4:

Bug fixes:
- Re-added the missing h-scene 2
x3Darkie

Postby Darthjake » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Just realized, the dialog is fine if you assume the player was a male in real life, creating a male character.

However if you go for the body feels funny dialogue, the npcs state that you and Kerry got "gender changed" so then in the shack here are the dialogue issues:

Does that mean you are stuck as a woman? If the PC was female I would think that would be a bit different wording, I know women that make male PC's in MMOs just for the heck of it.

When his hand made contact, you felt a shock up your spine. You didn't realize breasts could be this sensitive. Again if the PC was female, she should know this. :D

Next few lines are fine, some women are more sensitive then others... Not sure about the "Not sure if you want to turn back into a man at this point, maybe not sure if you want a male character or something like that?

Again, an adult or teen female should know what breasts getting groped feels like, but it could also be the sensitivity issue, your call there...

The line: You never felt anything so powerful before..." Maybe the PC was a virgin, or again the sensitivity issue, hmmm. I still think some of the lines need work, but writing this all out I can see a different line of thought too.
Darthjake

Postby kvier » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:43 pm

Darthjake Wrote:"When his hand made contact, you felt a shock up your spine. You didn't realize breasts could be this sensitive." Again if the PC was female, she should know this. :D
Some women have basically no reaction to their breasts being touched and others can cum from it. So...

My read—and this is supported by Kerry's in-game experience—is that the supernatural intensity is part of the setting and probably a major plot point.
kvier

Postby Darthjake » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:15 pm

kvier Wrote:
Darthjake Wrote:"When his hand made contact, you felt a shock up your spine. You didn't realize breasts could be this sensitive." Again if the PC was female, she should know this. :D
Some women have basically no reaction to their breasts being touched and others can cum from it. So...

My read—and this is supported by Kerry's in-game experience—is that the supernatural intensity is part of the setting and probably a major plot point.

When I typed the post out I sort of started to think that, but still wanted to bring it to the creator's attention, but yeah, I can see where that would be meaning there.
Darthjake

Postby x3Darkie » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Darthjake Wrote:Just realized, the dialog is fine if you assume the player was a male in real life, creating a male character.

However if you go for the body feels funny dialogue, the npcs state that you and Kerry got "gender changed" so then in the shack here are the dialogue issues:

Does that mean you are stuck as a woman? If the PC was female I would think that would be a bit different wording, I know women that make male PC's in MMOs just for the heck of it.

When his hand made contact, you felt a shock up your spine. You didn't realize breasts could be this sensitive. Again if the PC was female, she should know this. :D

Next few lines are fine, some women are more sensitive then others... Not sure about the "Not sure if you want to turn back into a man at this point, maybe not sure if you want a male character or something like that?

Again, an adult or teen female should know what breasts getting groped feels like, but it could also be the sensitivity issue, your call there...

The line: You never felt anything so powerful before..." Maybe the PC was a virgin, or again the sensitivity issue, hmmm. I still think some of the lines need work, but writing this all out I can see a different line of thought too.

kvier Wrote:

There are actually some differences between the male and female dialogues (albeit just a few of them, but yeah). I try to keep things pretty ambiguous for the most part but that'll only get me so far, so I tweak whatever seemed appropriate for the gender differences. This is the line you were referring to, highlighted in blue.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

MaleFemaleDifferencesAndPossiblyaTeaserQuestionMark.jpg
(For those who can't read code, the event asks the game if you have selected male, if true, run the male part of the dialogue. If not, or else, run the female part of the dialogue.)

From what I know, most women's breasts are just about as sensitive as a man's one. Which isn't very sensitive, at least not until pregnancy and they start producing milk. For the sensitivity comparison though, I'd imagine it'll just feel like someone else touching your chest. Whether or not it feels good or arousing depends on various factors. The chemistry between the two, sexual orientation, cold hands or warm hands, how you're being touch, stuff like that. If a man angrily pushes you in the chest to start a fight, probably not very arousing. If a woman of your dreams sensually rolling her fingers around your nipples, probably arousing.

I don't know why I know all that or why I even write that all out, but there you go. For whatever reason, I always find myself inserting hints of realism into fiction in my work. The realistic parts are probably not necessarily portrayed realistically, but whatever. Artistic liberty is my get out of jail free card.

Tl;dr: Hentai logic with hints of realism.
x3Darkie

Postby x3Darkie » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:42 pm

I probably should have done this awhile ago, but I figured with recently starting up the manga, I'll do this now. CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS! This is YOUR chance to create an Original Character and be put into the game! The slots right now are limited to certain guilds, but if you want an OC to be in Captivity, this is YOUR chance!

Cheesy advertising sounding aside, I'm doing this because I can't create dozens of characters for the game and manga. Well, technically I can, but making them to be very varied in terms of appearances and personalities is going to take a lot of time. So this is like crowdfunding, but creatively! If you want a character to be in game and the manga, head over to this link!
https://captivity-hrpg.blogspot.com/p/c ... ssion.html
x3Darkie

Postby FMC » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:50 pm

I debated doing this, putting in an OC I had art drawn for, but now I'm debating if I want to give up rights to that character. After all, it cost me like fifty bucks to get the character drawn, since it was two characters in one (technically, they had a transforming thing they did). And for me, that's like a sixth of my paycheck. xD
FMC

Postby x3Darkie » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:57 pm

FMC Wrote:I debated doing this, putting in an OC I had art drawn for, but now I'm debating if I want to give up rights to that character. After all, it cost me like fifty bucks to get the character drawn, since it was two characters in one (technically, they had a transforming thing they did). And for me, that's like a sixth of my paycheck. xD

I probably should've worded that better in my post. But I'm just owning the version of your character that exists in Captivity. Outside of that, you retain every rights to the character. I just don't want anyone to be an ass and sue me for using their characters in my game (that whole Breeding Season fiasco). So it's more like a shared ownership. Otherwise, you can simply create a new OC. :3

I've also temporarily made it so that comments on the blog requires an OpenID to prevent spam, so sorry, anonymouses. I'll re-enable anonymous comments when this event of character submissions is over.
x3Darkie

Postby x3Darkie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:18 am

This has nothing to do with the game itself, but I've just redesigned the blog. Downloaded some template off of some site I found on Google and tweaked it a little. Lemme know what you guys think about the new design. And just to stay relevant, I'm eventing a rather complicated weather system that is fully dynamic. So there's something to look forward to. (Details on the blog by the way.)
x3Darkie

Postby Mr.Principal » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:59 am

I love the art in this game... if you don't mind my asking what tools are you using to draw? I'm a decent artist but before Invest in anything I'd just like to see what my options are.

The game is shaping up well and definitely has an interesting concept!

keep it up!
Mr.Principal

Postby x3Darkie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:11 am

Mr.Principal Wrote:I love the art in this game... if you don't mind my asking what tools are you using to draw? I'm a decent artist but before Invest in anything I'd just like to see what my options are.

keep it up!

Glad you liked it! I've got tons more CGs planned for the future, so keep an eye out! I'm drawing on Photoshop CS6 with Wacom Intuos. Mine is the old model which is now discontinued. The closet one to this particular model would probably be Intuos Draw or something. But based on my experience with this for a couple of years now, I'd say if you have loads of monies to throw around, just go straight for a Cintiq. If you're anything like me, hand-eye coordination would probably be a big issue.
x3Darkie

Postby x3Darkie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Ohai again. I finally finished designing the classes of the game. They've been bugging me a lot since I released the first version of the game. Never really know what direction to take with them until now. And with this, I'm leaning the combat system of the game towards ATB (Active Time Battle). If you don't know what that is, think FF6 or Chrono Trigger (or any other game like those) where unlike traditional turn based systems, the battles have their timer continuously running without waiting for you. Each enemy and character have a gauge that determines when they can act. When it's your turn, time doesn't pause for you to act, the gauges for other characters and enemies keeps ticking, and will act without your intervention. Well, until you kill them and they disappear from battle screen, but yeah. Look up a battle from FF6 or Chrono Trigger if my explanation is insufficient. I've never really seen a hentai rpg that uses ATB, so it might be interesting. Tell me what you think.

And here's the hopefully final class tree. Click this blog post for details: CLICK ME!

Here's two of the classes I've finish written. I haven't finished writing up the description for the rest yet. Writing descriptions that accurately expresses them is surprisingly time consuming.

Spearmaster
Weapons: Spears, no shields
No longer equipping a shield, the Spearmaster's attacks are now faster and more fearsome. The lighten load allow a Spearmaster to wield their spear in both hands and unlike their counterparts, their use of spears are not limited to simple lunges, but also slashes, stabs, swings, sweeps and even throws. Unlike the tanky Crusader or Guardian, Spearmasters have high mobility to make up for the lost defense. Able to achieve incredible feats of strength and agility, Spearmasters are formidable foes on the field. Keep your eyes peeled, or you'll find a Spearmaster's spear just inches above you.

Writing trivias here! This is essentially FF's Dragoons with anime naginata skills. Yep. Pretty much summed it up in that single sentence.

Executioner
Weapons: Greataxes
Graceful in their steps and swings, Executioners are artists on the battlefield. The greataxe their brush, and their enemies the canvas. They wield their massive axe in one hand and unlike their preceding class, Executioners are fluid with their performance. Preferring to dispatch their foes in an artful manner. Making sure no motion is wasted, chaining swings after swings until the execution is done. An Executioner's swing may be clean and swift, but their foes most certainly aren't when their rendition is done.

When I designed this class, I have this image of a busty and armored woman with thick lips and short hair with bangs covering half her face and holds a greataxe in one hand in my mind. That is unusually descriptive. I may or may not have read Butcha-U's work recently. And with this description, I purposely went for a poetic style. Because, I dunno. It's accurate and fun to write? Also, this class may have some sort of chain mechanic in combat.
Last edited by x3Darkie on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
x3Darkie

Postby Mr.Principal » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:52 pm

x3Darkie Wrote:
Mr.Principal Wrote:I love the art in this game... if you don't mind my asking what tools are you using to draw? I'm a decent artist but before Invest in anything I'd just like to see what my options are.

keep it up!

Glad you liked it! I've got tons more CGs planned for the future, so keep an eye out! I'm drawing on Photoshop CS6 with Wacom Intuos. Mine is the old model which is now discontinued. The closet one to this particular model would probably be Intuos Draw or something. But based on my experience with this for a couple of years now, I'd say if you have loads of monies to throw around, just go straight for a Cintiq. If you're anything like me, hand-eye coordination would probably be a big issue.

Thanks I have the old Wacom Bamboo it's ok... it's also discontinued. I also have Photoshop CS6 but I'm no good with it... I've gotten down sketching so far. Looking at Manga Studio for drawing and inking all in one thanks for the help.. The Cintiq is way out of my budget at the moment otherwise it would be perfect.

Thanks again keep up the good work I'll definitely be following your progess!
Mr.Principal

Postby x3Darkie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Ohai there. I have a twitter now. Go follow me @x3Darkie and do twitter stuffs and shit. It's where I post even more WIPs than my blog. Right now, I just posted a WIP of a map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

This is still just a general layout and there's no texture to anything yet and the sprites are there for scale. The default resources that comes with RPG Maker is so lackluster I eventually have to redo everything by hand anyway, so I may as well start now.

I think part of the reason why I'm making so little progress is because I'm trying to do too many things at once. But then again, since when does anything good is done without any effort?
x3Darkie

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects