House Party Beta 0.4.0.0 (Updated 2/17/17)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

House Party Beta 0.4.0.0 (Updated 2/17/17)

Postby mistacorn » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Hey everybody,

I was pointed here by someone who thought it would be a good idea to post about a new game I am developing to garner some interest and hopefully get some people testing it! I have been developing House Party for a few months now, and I am at the point where I am wanting to get it out there for some people to start testing it. The engine I'm building underneath it will help to rapidly develop more of these types of games down the line.

The game is similar to a lot of the browser-based games where your choices influence your success in the game, but it plays like a first-person RPG with interactive game models, characters, and physics. So far, there are only a few hours of gameplay, but the experience is rich. There are multiple story-paths and different outcomes based on your decisions. It is possible to solve all storylines (so far) with the correct choices, but making some decisions can sever off certain paths.

The game is built with Unity, and right now I'm only offering a Windows client version.

Anyway, hope there's some interest. Very much appreciate anybody willing to test, and feedback is most appreciated! Play instructions are on the link. It's free to download.

http://games.eekllc.com

System Requirements:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.
Last edited by mistacorn on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 15 times in total.
mistacorn

Re: House Party Alpha

Postby Vid » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:35 pm

What you have so far looks pretty cool. Just wondering, what's the secret to getting rid of Frank? I tried setting him on the drunk guy in another room but he still sees you taking alcohol through the wall somehow. :(
Vid

Postby mistacorn » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:05 am

Vid Wrote:What you have so far looks pretty cool. Just wondering, what's the secret to getting rid of Frank? I tried setting him on the drunk guy in another room but he still sees you taking alcohol through the wall somehow. :(

Thanks!

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Frank's actually pretty useful in order to achieve some other goals, so you shouldn't try to get rid of him to get your hands on some alcohol. A couple hints on other ways to get some. There's one person at the party who's already drunk. And try to find a way into the mysterious room. Let me know if you need more hints than that!
mistacorn

Postby Weirdo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:02 pm

okay i reached the end on 3 of 5 girls and im completely clueless on how to end those 2 because :

1.Katherine i always get her to the point she want everyone out of the room i know how to get rid of madison but
2.Stephanie im always stuck at the point she wants another drink because what patrick gave me wasnt enough
Weirdo

Postby mistacorn » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Weirdo Wrote:okay i reached the end on 3 of 5 girls and im completely clueless on how to end those 2 because :

1.Katherine i always get her to the point she want everyone out of the room i know how to get rid of madison but
2.Stephanie im always stuck at the point she wants another drink because what patrick gave me wasnt enough

Actually, your two problems can be solved the same way. Have you found the mysterious key yet? If you can get inside the mysterious door, you will find the answer to both problems in there.
mistacorn

Postby krustyelpoyaso » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Im stuck, girl in wc no talk more, drunk guy its dead xD, thedancing irl ask for alchol,and thephone girl no take nude photo,and i serch the misterious key,but im bliding i serching for all house xD.
pd:Good Game.
PD2:I hate the key xD
krustyelpoyaso
Newly Registered

Postby mistacorn » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:39 pm

krustyelpoyaso Wrote:Im stuck, girl in wc no talk more, drunk guy its dead xD, thedancing irl ask for alchol,and thephone girl no take nude photo,and i serch the misterious key,but im bliding i serching for all house xD.
pd:Good Game.
PD2:I hate the key xD

Haha. Here are some tips:

1. Don't kill the drunk guy too early. If you do, he won't be able to help you out with solving some other problems.
2. Search the bedroom really well to find the key.
mistacorn

Postby krustyelpoyaso » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Nice, i looking in the bedroom but im so blind hahah Thanks dude
krustyelpoyaso
Newly Registered

Postby Ayeka » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:29 pm

I downloaded it and try to play and simple question. How I can fight? First scene and skinhead start fight with me. I not see in controls any punches. How I can win it? I got beaten and it is game over.
Ayeka

Postby mistacorn » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Ayeka Wrote:I downloaded it and try to play and simple question. How I can fight? First scene and skinhead start fight with me. I not see in controls any punches. How I can win it? I got beaten and it is game over.

The game is not meant to be a fighting game. The goal is to figure out the puzzles. Frank is much bigger than you and can knock you out in one punch, so you'll have to find another way to get some booze other than fighting him for it.
mistacorn

Postby Satoshi1 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:06 am

I had some issues with the game. Finding the key was rather annoying and in the version I was playing, 0.4 or something, did not have Brittney. I checked all over the house and there was no key. Ashley wouldn't have any dialogue once I accepted her request to humiliate Madison.
Satoshi1

Postby mistacorn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:25 pm

Satoshi1 Wrote:I had some issues with the game. Finding the key was rather annoying and in the version I was playing, 0.4 or something, did not have Brittney. I checked all over the house and there was no key. Ashley wouldn't have any dialogue once I accepted her request to humiliate Madison.

Brittney is included in version .04. Once you have the key, use it on the mysterious door. I know about the Ashley bug. It will be fixed in the next version. Ashley's dialogue should continue once you humiliate Madison though.
mistacorn

Postby Satoshi1 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:24 am

mistacorn Wrote:
Satoshi1 Wrote:I had some issues with the game. Finding the key was rather annoying and in the version I was playing, 0.4 or something, did not have Brittney. I checked all over the house and there was no key. Ashley wouldn't have any dialogue once I accepted her request to humiliate Madison.

Brittney is included in version .04. Once you have the key, use it on the mysterious door. I know about the Ashley bug. It will be fixed in the next version. Ashley's dialogue should continue once you humiliate Madison though.

Strange, I can't seem to find Brittney.
Satoshi1

Postby mistacorn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Satoshi1 Wrote:Strange, I can't seem to find Brittney.

Have you gotten through the mysterious door yet?
mistacorn

Postby Satoshi1 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:23 am

mistacorn Wrote:
Satoshi1 Wrote:Strange, I can't seem to find Brittney.

Have you gotten through the mysterious door yet?

I read that you can find the key for the mysterious door on the table or desk near Brittney in the comments on your web page.
Satoshi1

Postby mistacorn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Satoshi1 Wrote:

I read that you can find the key for the mysterious door on the table or desk near Brittney in the comments on your web page.

The key is actually in the bedroom near Patrick. Check on the shelving along the wall that has the door that leads to the bathroom.
mistacorn

Postby Pseudolurker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Nifty stuff thus far!

The only real bugs I noticed, you seem to have already been told about - Stephanie glitching pretty often, and Brittney acting as though her quest line is complete when the "Bitch, this is a party!" line is selected.

I'd also note that Stephanie tends to clip through the front of her panties while dancing / passing out, a lot. The first time I saw this was when she glitched in a corner and was just sort of twitch-bouncing up and down, and I thought she just had on crotchless panties, lol. Not really a complaint, mind you!
Pseudolurker

Postby mistacorn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Pseudolurker Wrote:Nifty stuff thus far!

The only real bugs I noticed, you seem to have already been told about - Stephanie glitching pretty often, and Brittney acting as though her quest line is complete when the "Bitch, this is a party!" line is selected.

I'd also note that Stephanie tends to clip through the front of her panties while dancing / passing out, a lot. The first time I saw this was when she glitched in a corner and was just sort of twitch-bouncing up and down, and I thought she just had on crotchless panties, lol. Not really a complaint, mind you!

Thanks! Yes, this is all stuff I've been addressing in the new build. I'm almost done restructuring a lot of the gameplay mechanics, and then I will be adding a little more content to the game, and will have a new version very soon. :)
mistacorn

Postby mistacorn » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Hey guys! I’m happy to announce that House Party has a new version! This new build is primarily a heavy revamp on the core engine containing enhancements to gameplay mechanics including the much talked about path-finding system. I’ve fixed a ton of core issues based on a lot of user feedback, and I’ve enhanced the way the game works and feels based on what you all have suggested. There isn’t a whole lot of new content in terms of storylines, but there is actually a lot more to do because of a new system that I implemented, and there is some new eye candy for those of you interested in that. Without further ado, here’s the change log:

Fixed an issue where Stephanie gets glitched.
Fixed some issues where dialogues were closing and never re-opening.
Heavily enhanced path-finding logic.
Added a new menu for interaction.
Sparkles! Added a sparkling particle effect around items you can interact with.
Changed “look around” to right mouse control to facilitate new menu.
Created inventory GUI.
Created easy access icons to game menu and inventory.
Added a new “Inspect” aspect to the game. You can now inspect many objects around the house.
Fixed a bug where Brittney follows you around everywhere.
Enhanced eye and head movement. Characters are now more engaging.
Enhanced combat code
Removed Unity splash screen (I’m pro baby!)

This is an exciting update because the game play is getting to the point where it’s very solid, and this leaves me a lot more time to work on the story! Save feature is still missing, but it’s coming soon.

Here's the link: http://games.eekllc.com
mistacorn

Re: House Party Alpha (Updated 1/7/16)

Postby Pseudolurker » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:25 pm

Much improved, on the few bugs I found in the previous version! The addition of actual Katherine pics to the inventory was also amusing.

There was one weird bug where Madison tried to walk out of the living room by the straightest possible route, which made her walk over some furniture and then get stuck in the doorway - it looked like her head was up too high to allow her to walk through. I tried to push her through, to no avail. The bug sorted itself out once I walked past her and into the bedroom, and she came strolling on in.

Everything else seems to work fine!
Pseudolurker

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects