Jenny - text,adventure,management,breeding alpha

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Jenny - text,adventure,management,breeding alpha

Postby sed » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:29 pm

This game is a work in progress, but I would like some feedback.

http://jenny.bitballoon.com/
Updated link to live version. Fixed some bugs.

Quick notes for the impatient :
- There is not much you can do until her "purity" drops, or "hunger" gets to a high level. More content becomes available as you progress.
- You can change which character you control once you have staff.
- who Jenny gives her virginity to can make a difference.
- There will almost surely be bugs. Save often.

This is a game concept I am working on. Think of it as a prototype. I have used Twine for quick development, but it is not a cyoa story. It is a game. I want to work on, and flesh out, the 'game' aspect before I begin working on a sprite based graphical version. In past I made the mistake of spending vast amounts of time creating a fully rounded game, that turned out to be boring because the 'game' sucked. So this time I want to have a solid game design first. Then I will convert it to either HTML5 or if I go with 3d models, c++.

The game follows Jenny, an innocent girl, who goes from being poor and chaste to being wealthy and slutty. She learns to use her looks and body to get ahead. At first she just tries to survive and avoid starving. But then she can buy a tavern and hire staff.

Sexual content will be diverse. I want to keep it as open to different playing styles as possible. You can play as male or female, there will be encounters for straight, bi, or gay. Right now there is still work to do in that area. If you start the game as a guy, there will be mostly strange, or gay options since I have only started adding that side. It is best to start as a female for now.

What I need from you is feedback. Does this seem like something you would enjoy when it is finished? All comments and feedback would be appreciated.
Last edited by sed on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sed

Re: Jenny - text,adventure,management,breeding alpha

Postby sed » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:14 am

I just noticed I left the gold variable set very high. It should start at 0. I will leave it for now though, since it allows players to explore the game quicker. But I will fix that in the next update.
sed

Postby saviliana » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:47 am

A cool little game so far, just there is one major bug till now: The Save system isn't functioning -AT ALL-. :(
Both IE and Firefox play, when I hit save, it got some error code, not saving itself and won't active again. I have to close the whole page and replay the whole game form start, hope it gets fix in next version.
saviliana

Postby Akkin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:06 pm

By seducing in the park, we get this message:

<% s.staff[s.chosenStaff].purity -=25; s.staff[s.chosenStaff].ruysRel += 40; if (!s.staff[s.chosenStaff].guysSucked) { s.staff[s.chosenStaff].guysSucked = true; s.staff[s.chosenStaff].sucked += 4; } if (!s.staff[s.chosenStaff].guysFucked) { s.staff[s.chosenStaff].guysFucked = true; s.staff[s.chosenStaff].fucked += 4; }
Akkin

Postby sed » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:49 pm

I found/fixed the bug for the 'seduce' option.

But the save game works in all the browsers I try. Is anyone else able to save? If not can someone cut/paste the error message.
sed

Postby decimad » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:24 pm

When you buy the tavern and want to set the work for your employees I get the following message: "Double-click this passage to edit it." And the game is stuck on this message.
decimad

Postby sed » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:44 pm

The jobs have not been implemented yet. I will be adding that this week after squashing some more bugs.

I would really like to hear from someone if the saves are working for them.
sed

Postby dougie2 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:46 am

sed Wrote:The jobs have not been implemented yet. I will be adding that this week after squashing some more bugs.

I would really like to hear from someone if the saves are working for them.

Saves appear to work for me. Saved, played for a bit, reloaded and the expected values came back. Nice game, btw. Hope to see more.
dougie2
Newly Registered

Postby DragonG » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:44 am

not bad now u should start adding some artwork
DragonG

Postby saviliana » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:34 am

sed Wrote:I found/fixed the bug for the 'seduce' option.

But the save game works in all the browsers I try. Is anyone else able to save? If not can someone cut/paste the error message.

I use chinese version of windows, it saids:
""⚠ 無法取得未定義或 Null 參考的屬性 'setItem'""
It means ""⚠ Property cannot be undefined or Null references 'setItem'""
saviliana

Postby FMC » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:05 am

So far, it's interesting.

I'll keep my eye on this.
FMC

Postby sed » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:06 am

The save problem saviliana was having is probably do to permissions in the browsers. I can not find any problems, and it seems to work fine for others. The game saves to the browsers local storage. If you have cookies blocked or other privacy plugins, it may block the saves.

The issues with Chinese Windows, I have no idea. The error message does not seem to relate to my code since I have no variables by that name. I know there are often issues trying to get Asian software to run on English windows, but I have no way to test or fix that. Possibly try changing your app-local. That often helps when running Asian stuff in the English version.

And a big thanks to everyone else who has given feed-back. I did not want to invest much time in this until I knew if anyone would be interested in playing it. Since some people have shown interest, I am no longer hesitant to proceed. Updates will be very irregular, as my schedule changes a lot. But it will be updated most weekends, though not often during the week.
sed

Postby Felicity » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:59 am

Love the simplicity of the game, and very interested to see what else could be added to this alpha
Felicity

Postby decimad » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:31 pm

I played it and I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.
decimad

Return to Non-Flash Projects