RE: Fairytail game (Project Poketail)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

RE: Fairytail game (Project Poketail)

Postby Rezzbin » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:08 am

Hello all, I am trying to restart a project to make a Fairytail themed game. The original thread is "http://www.legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4275" and the idea was started by the user "TheMob" The project had not gotten very far as there were several issues and lack of communication and it eventually ground to a halt. I personally was the writer on the team and had planned out several chapters (Maps/missions along with side quests) before stopping work on the project. We also had basic maps being made in RPG Maker VX Ace which I still have.

My hope is to find a few active people that can help to make progress on this project or to even lend aid when they have the time. If the project goes through with VX Ace then I can help do game work as I have little knowledge of any other form of code, and I can also do the writing of the story, character dialogues, and help think and implement game mechanics.

I hope that some users with skills at creating sprites and knowledge of coding will reach out and help with this project, or that the old members will come back and help.

I also still have access to the thread where all of the planning was done, so we will not be starting from the beginning, and have a layout for the project, which may be altered to fit the restoration.

As I was not the person who came up with the exact idea, I will alter things to be a new take on things if the original author has an objection with continuing the project. And if the original team has an issue, I will only use the material I myself created.

*EDIT 11/06*
I have found the outline we had for the story and wanted to post it here to show the basic plan for the beginning of the story.
https://mega.nz/#!j4YQgAIa
Let me know if there's any issue with the link, as it's my first time using Mega.
Rezzbin

Re: RE: Fairytail game (Project Poketail)

Postby Kurushimi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:56 pm

Hello. I was part of the original team, as proofreader/writer. Since then, I've gained some knowledge of coding in Python.
Kurushimi

Postby Rezzbin » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:17 am

Thanks for coming back to the thread. We're still looking for help with the coding parts in general as well as art, we we could use any amount of help for this. I've been working on using RPG Maker VX Ace to make an intro and I think i'm about halfway done with it now. If all goes well, I can post a demo of the prologue with stock characters to give an idea of how the intro plays out.

Hopefully I can get the demo ready by Christmas and upload it here with a few screenshots.
Rezzbin

Postby Rezzbin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Okay, I have tried to put together a sort of prologue. It is still rather short, and will probably only take 30 minutes to fully play through, less in a speed run. I just wanted to do this to show people what our basic starting plan is for the story.

Most of this will be changed with time, such as the character sprites, probably the battle system, more details for the maps, more balanced combat system, and more as we think of ways to better do things.
Please comment any thoughts or bugs, and any amount of help with art such as faces and sprites would be greatly appreciated, as would anyone willing to help look at coding for this project.

https://mega.nz/#!ytxxHLZK!fbYoR2RSB_C5Y9pVT7xV9Y9o0fszL-PhUrlqOlOFDwo

This link should work and I will try to fix it if not. I am unable to fully test as my comp is having issues with the process at the moment.
Last edited by Rezzbin on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rezzbin

Postby Kurushimi » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:49 pm

Ï can download it, but the file won't run.
Kurushimi

Postby Rezzbin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:16 am

I was having the same issues, though with all files of that kind. I'll see if I can fix it, and if not re upload it as a zip file rather than a compressed file.

Here's the link for a zipped file rather than the compressed. It may work out better.

https://mega.nz/#!KwowkBKZ!5NIvP0cpDDzm ... 5PVVp8E7rs
Rezzbin

Postby Rezzbin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 pm

I've tried to fix the download, the link is in the above post.
Rezzbin

Postby Kurushimi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:01 am

It worked and the intro started, then could not find Graphics/Characters/AcePk_dset

Edit: After a quick jury rig, we're also missing /Battlers/pirate_09.
2: And /Battlers/pirate_05
3: And /Characters/new
Kurushimi

Postby Rezzbin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:36 am

Okay, thank you. I'll look into it on my end and see if I can find an issue from where i've copied it, or if I can get the compressed working.
Rezzbin

Postby Rezzbin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:06 am

Okay, I've failed to get the compressed working still. I may just resort to trying to move things over piece by piece until I find the issue. Until then, as that will take a while, I have tried to fix the things you reported and added in the necessary file. I forgot that the RTP was the graphics and mistakes were made.

New Link: https://mega.nz/#!z5IkDKxI!vRXm4BYbf1m- ... I2nD-Cy4BI
Rezzbin

Return to Non-Flash Projects