[UNITY] Hoonters - Monster Hunting RPG [Updated 12/02/2018]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [UNITY] Hoonters - Monster Hunting RPG [Updated 21/05/20

Postby musical74 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Same problem: you lose after the first turn. This was the .exe download, makes it impossible to play when you auto-lose!
musical74

Postby Nicoffee » Mon May 22, 2017 12:23 am

Yep. I just found out about it too. I was cleaning around some stuff before the public release and forgot to fix that. Uploading a fix soon.
Nicoffee

Postby Nicoffee » Mon May 22, 2017 1:04 am

The WebGL version and the EXE were fixed and re-uploaded. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience. It was a dumb mistake on my part while I was cleaning some code up before the public release.
Nicoffee

Postby musical74 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:34 am

JUST for that, I'm going to have to whine!

*whine whine whine*

Joking aside, I'm finding some difficulty in finding which is a good *starter* monster. The goblin doesn't have a whole lot of hit points, but hits harder and is more accurate than the pigman, which has 3x as much hit points as the goblin but hits less frequently and not as hard as the goblin. The orc amazon has a high defense so I need a stronger weapon than club or parry knife, wound up surrendering because it was *neither could hit the other*. Are you intending for the initial encounters to be difficult? It's fine if you are, just gets frustrating losing all the time because goblins and pigmen are too tough. Also, can you only sell items in the morning? I tried in the afternoon and she wouldn't let me sell.
musical74

Postby Nicoffee » Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 am

I did intend for battles to be difficult if you go in without items. While I managed to beat the Goblin Lumberjack without using fluids a few times, I've found that I could usually beat her no problem if I packed up some Pigman fluids, potions or flashbangs. Items are important, yo.

Speaking of that, only being able to sell items in the morning was definitely not intended. Why wouldn't she let you sell, exactly? Did clicking the "Sell" button not open the Selling window, or did the button to sell itself wasn't clickable?
Nicoffee

Postby WonderGamer » Mon May 22, 2017 6:42 am

Heh... I read fleshbangs in your post, had to re-read that. I think you have a new item for your game. :shock: :o :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Kaltren » Mon May 22, 2017 8:49 am

For me, the "Sell" button wasn't clickable in the above case. (Didn't get a chance to try / reproduce it being only available in the morning, just "it wasn't clickable" at one point, and "it was clickable" at another.)

Ran into a stopper issue (didn't read the thread, so may have already been reported) - After enabling the Restaurant (leveling it up to 1 from a Level 2 guild hall), I went and had a meal and shared it with Eric. I asked about status effects, and the text box didn't have any advancement options, so I was just kind of stuck there.

Also note that when you click an ingredient multiple times in the restaurant, it doubles the effects. By which I mean: Click meat on the left side, click meat on the right side. Click either of those meats several more times and watch the stat bonus skyrocket.
Kaltren
Newly Registered

Postby Nicoffee » Mon May 22, 2017 3:05 pm

...Hmm. Not sure what could be causing that sell item bug. I'll look into it.

I've had some other people talking about problems with the restaurant scenes as well, I'm looking into a fix right now.

I...Could've sworn I fixed that third bug. Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into ASAP.
Nicoffee

Postby musical74 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:27 pm

Yeah, she'll sell in the morning, but the afternoon the sell button doesn't seem to be clicksble. (Didn't try at night)

Given that items are so important, that explains why you get some even if you love a fight. Was that intentional - that you would get items either way, but only get the gold if you win?
musical74

Postby Nicoffee » Mon May 22, 2017 5:08 pm

It was, yes. Using fluids is really important. It's part of the reason why I also severely reduced their sell value. People were just selling all of them off instead of using them to raise their chances in fights.

Also, the WebGL build from Newgrounds was temporarily unpublished. The EXE is still up, but there's a bunch of bugs that have been found and I'm working on fixing them. I'll re-upload it all when it's working properly.
Nicoffee

Postby musical74 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Here's another bug - the saving doesn't work properly. I had saved, shut down for a bit, and when I went to load, it wouldn't load properly. It goes XX/XX morning, and initially Character name, Character type, Gold XXXXXXXX then Building level X, Owned by XXXXXXXX, and 21 Description! Moving left or right fixes MOST of it, but afterwards it's still Character Name, Character type, and all the affections are X when I check the heart...

EDIT: seems to work OK at the very beginning, but when I tried to load at any time AFTER morning day 1 I get the weird error
musical74

Postby WonderGamer » Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Saved this to look at later in my browser last night, went to try it out today only to find it was already wiped off of NewGrounds (older versions are still there, however)... Should I assume a new version is coming out? Should I wait on downloading the ZIP?
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Nicoffee » Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 am

Yeah, Musical, that was the bug I pulled the game out of Newgrounds for. I'm currently building the game again and shall be uploading it again soon-ish. It'll be back up by tomorrow, probably.

New builds are up. Should work fine now.

Sorry for pulling out the build like that, WonderGamer, but it was a pretty annoying bug that could ruin people's experience with the game. So I figured it was better to pull it out and fix it.
Nicoffee

Postby tontoman » Tue May 23, 2017 1:47 am

I found the combat doable, but pretty grindy, which make the start really slow as I assume lots of content is behind building upgrades (all the chat options).
iirc the first base upgrade is 1,500.. and that's after you buy some equip upgrades etc. If there was some stuff happening while you grind out the early monsters (town encounters, random encounters etc.) could be better.

I never made it to the first upgrade, stopped after my 10th? goblin. Orcs might be quicker... but with that much HP... that's also slow.
tontoman

Postby musical74 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:18 am

Something really weird just happened...

My AV said it was *suspicious* and wanted to check it - never mind it had no problems with previous versions - and determined it was fine. Maybe because the file was *default Windows desktop 64 bit* instead of hoonters?
musical74

Postby Nicoffee » Tue May 23, 2017 2:26 am

@Musical - Possibly. I also switched the way how I build the game, I have it be built on Unity's Cloud Build services instead of building it on my own computer, so that might have to do with it.

@tontoman - Yeah, I'll be adding more variety to smooth over the game's start eventually. The whole upgrade system came out in this update too and a lot of stuff is still being smoothed out. It might be advisable for you to focus on doing quests instead. You can get them from the Guild HQ and they get refreshed with whole new quests every 5 days.
Nicoffee

Re: [UNITY] Hoonters - Monster Hunting RPG [Updated 21/10/20

Postby Nicoffee » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:32 pm

Version 0.11

New Features

- 4 New Monsters

- One new Hunting Area

- Some monsters rebalanced

It was actually already out for over a month, but I forgot to update it over here...Ooops.
Nicoffee

Re: [UNITY] Hoonters - Monster Hunting RPG [Updated 12/02/20

Postby Nicoffee » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Version 0.12 is out!

Version 0.12

- Lynne will show up on Day 15. To unlock her scenes and conversations, unlock the restaurant and interact with her.
- Goblin Lumberjack Scenes reworked.
- Orc Amazon Scenes Reworked.
- New random event scenes have been sprinkled over the first in-game month.
Nicoffee

Postby Dead2112man » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Been a while, glad to hear that you are still at it
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Nicoffee » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Always at it! I just can't be updating every month since other priorities getting in the way, but I'll keep working on Hoonters constantly. Honestly, if you want to keep updated on all I do the best option is to either follow me on Patreon or on Discord.
Nicoffee

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects