Chosen, A Text Based Adult Roguelike game

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Postby Void Director » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:49 am

Inspired by Faster than Light, Corruption of Champions, Pillars of Eternity and others. Blog at http://www.adultrealms.com

Plot

The player character, an outcast from society, is chosen by a mysterious being of light of questionable benevolence to end the blight ravening the world. They find themselves on a quest to travel east to slay the blights demonic master battling desperate humans and sexy monsters along the way. Along the way they will encounter all kinds of creatures, locations and events along procedurally generated maps.

Mechanics

The game blends elements from Faster Than Light, CoC, and Pillars of Eternity. It is text based like CoC. It takes place in a medieval fantasy universe not a sci-fi one. Like FTL this game has roguelike elements including a procedural map similar to the FTL starmap. Defeat usually means permanent death and bad ends abound. Maps are procedurally generated.

Fetishes

What fetishes will be in the game is dependent on what writers want to write. Most fetishes can be added to the game if people are willing to write them. The game will definitely include M/F, Monster girls, and other basic fantasy tropes. M/M or F/F could be included if there are writers willing to write them.

However, there won't be permanent transformations as the game does not have a system to support them. These will fetishes will definitely not appear underage (all characters should look and act like adults), scat, sexualized gore or gruesome violence. Ask about any other unusual or extreme fetishes via pm or forum post.

Play

You can play the alpha at chosen.adultrealms.com. Please also consider filling out the feedback survey.

Support

You can support the game on patreon. Every bit helps me add content the game.

Contact

If you are interested in joining the team or want to give me some feedback you can pm me, post a reply to this thread or email me at [email protected]1

Screenshots
Scene
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

scene.png

Map

map.png

Combat

combat.png

Editor

editor.png
editor.png (22.58 KiB) Viewed 6085 times

Support
You can support this project on Patreon.
Last edited by Void Director on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Void Director

Re: Chosen, A Text Based Adult Roguelike game

Postby racso44 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Looks cool mate, but I think I found a bug. On my second playthrough (died the first time like a scrub) the final destination didn't appear in the top right corner. Now I thought to myself that it could just be random in the right corner but it turns out it's not there and some parts of the map are not accessible since they go off screen, which locked me in surrounded by the black dots so I couldn't move anywhere as I tried to reach the top again.

On a side note I don't know if this is intentional but the wizard class is just wrecking everything. Just firebolt and pulse spam xD
racso44

Postby Void Director » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:08 am

racso44 Wrote:Looks cool mate, but I think I found a bug. On my second playthrough (died the first time like a scrub) the final destination didn't appear in the top right corner. Now I thought to myself that it could just be random in the right corner but it turns out it's not there and some parts of the map are not accessible since they go off screen, which locked me in surrounded by the black dots so I couldn't move anywhere as I tried to reach the top again.

Well that is no good. I think there are certainly parts of the map code which is a bit fritzy right now. I will look into making it more robust.

racso44 Wrote:On a side note I don't know if this is intentional but the wizard class is just wrecking everything. Just firebolt and pulse spam xD

The balance between the classes is very rudimentary right now. Fighters and shapeshifters don't yet have most of their abilities implemented. Once they are more complete I will work on trying get the numbers right for a more serious level of balance.
Void Director

Postby evildumdum » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:08 am

Tried it, its not bad. One thing i will say is that my second combat broke the game. I pressed attack then went to attack the opponent, but the only option was to cancel. It just looped the attack and cancel options infinitely.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Void Director » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:41 pm

evildumdum Wrote:Tried it, its not bad. One thing i will say is that my second combat broke the game. I pressed attack then went to attack the opponent, but the only option was to cancel. It just looped the attack and cancel options infinitely.

Well that is certainly odd. Would you mind telling me what class you were playing and what enemy you were up against? Also what browser you were playing on might have something to do with it. I will try to replicate and correct the bug.
Void Director

Postby evildumdum » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:12 pm

I was playing as a shapeshifter with the erotic barb defence perk. I was fighting a rouge / bandit type enemy, i forget the exact name. It was after i had deployed my barbs twice.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Void Director » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:36 pm

evildumdum Wrote:I was playing as a shapeshifter with the erotic barb defence perk. I was fighting a rouge / bandit type enemy, i forget the exact name. It was after i had deployed my barbs twice.

Ok, I will try to replicate and fix it. Edit: I found the bug. It will be fixed in the next version of the game (0.0.3).
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:23 am

New version (0.0.3) is now up.

You can read about the new version at my blog or just play at chosen.adultrealms.com

Its mostly a bugfix version that fixes the problem reported by the user above along with several others.
Void Director

Postby racso44 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:14 am

Hey mate, didn't run into any major problems. The map thing seems to work out now. So props for that :P

Two things though, one is that in character creation when you are making stats I was trying to fine tune my stats. Then I found an exploit. Because if I click back it goes all the way to 1 from whatever number it was on and when I raise it again it gives me an extra stat point without me spending any stat points. I don't know if this is a new thing or if it's under the balance bit, figured I'd mention it anyhow.

Secondly, it's a bit confusing to poor little ol' me the way you write the money. how there is three zeros and not only two afterwards. like this 84.534 that made me think I had WAAAAAAAY more than I had. I mean it's not a "Stop the fucking presses" issue, but just a personal little thing.

Looking forward to see way this goes.

Side note: It's like 3 am or something, so hopefully half of what I wrote made sense x)
racso44

Postby Void Director » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:38 am

racso44 Wrote:Hey mate, didn't run into any major problems. The map thing seems to work out now. So props for that :P

Well that is good.

Two things though, one is that in character creation when you are making stats I was trying to fine tune my stats. Then I found an exploit. Because if I click back it goes all the way to 1 from whatever number it was on and when I raise it again it gives me an extra stat point without me spending any stat points. I don't know if this is a new thing or if it's under the balance bit, figured I'd mention it anyhow.

It's a bug. The result of me typing setStat instead of changeStat. It will be fixed in the next release.

Secondly, it's a bit confusing to poor little ol' me the way you write the money. how there is three zeros and not only two afterwards. like this 84.534 that made me think I had WAAAAAAAY more than I had. I mean it's not a "Stop the fucking presses" issue, but just a personal little thing.

Its odd to see numbers that weird. The game usually gives gold in fairly normal increments. I will take a look.
Void Director

Postby racso44 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:12 am

Hey mate.

Just popping in to hear how it's going with the project and what you are working on.

Been silent for a while now and it's always nice to be up to date :P
racso44

Postby Void Director » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 pm

racso44 Wrote:Hey mate.

Just popping in to hear how it's going with the project and what you are working on.

Been silent for a while now and it's always nice to be up to date :P

Well I released version 0.0.4 a while ago. I am currently working on a system so that combat abilities can be created in the editor (previously they had to be created in source code). I am also communicating with a writer to try to get some more content into the game.

Edit: Version 0.0.5 is now up. You can read the full post at the blog http://www.adultrealms.com/new-ability- ... ion-0-0-5/.
Void Director

Postby racso44 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:49 pm

Ah okay, sounds cool. Just seen a lot of projects fall within their first few weeks. easy to get paranoid xD
racso44

Postby Void Director » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:12 am

racso44 Wrote:Ah okay, sounds cool. Just seen a lot of projects fall within their first few weeks. easy to get paranoid xD

I have been working on the project since last spring (while also doing college and stuff). It's just only now that I have announced it and released it publically. So the good news is that I am not likley to suddenly quit. The bad news is that if you expect me to get as much done as I have since the project's inception every few weeks that is unlikely to happen.
Last edited by Void Director on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Void Director

Postby racso44 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Fair enough. Well good luck to ye 'n all that and I'll keep an eye on this project.
racso44

Postby Void Director » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:33 am

Version 0.0.6 is now online.

As usual you can read the full details on my blog at http://www.adultrealms.com/status-effect-editor-in-version-0-0-6/.

This update adds a status effect editor, some new abilities, some bug fixes, and some ui changes.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:07 am

I have just released version 0.1.0

As usual you can read the full details on my blog at http://www.adultrealms.com/announcing-m ... ne-v0-1-0/

Unlike the others I have released so far this is a content update and adds a new scene to the game. I will be aiming to release a new content update at the first day of each month.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:56 am

The latest update version 0.1.1 is now out.

As usual you can read the full details on my blog at http://www.adultrealms.com/version-0-1-1/

This update adds in autosaving and a few other minor things.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:39 am

Remember how I said there would be a content patch at the first day of each month? Well I have not been very good about that. But here is one now.

You can read the full details on my blog at http://www.adultrealms.com/version-0-2-0/

Or just play the new version at http://chosen.adultrealms.com/
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Version 0.2.1 is now out

You can view the full details on my blog at http://www.adultrealms.com/version-0-2-1/

Or just play it at http://chosen.adultrealms.com/
Void Director

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects