The Dark Eclipse[7/25/15]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

The Dark Eclipse[7/25/15]

Postby walmartyr » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:37 am

I'm finally piecing out that game I've been wanting to make for a long time now. Thanks to the humble bundle I got RPGmaker. I can finally contribute back to the community after playing so many good games from others. It's playable, but not too far in at the moment.

The Dark Eclipse-

You are a young girl who has her family taken from her.

You will find out some secrets of your life that you never knew about.

Fall to the corruption or fight it and make your way to the end.

Challenges will show themselves and you have to choose how to overcome them.

Take sides with the evil or fight for the holy side.

Your actions will change the games outcomes and interactions.

Use your magic or use your body.

Corrupt others to fight with you or go at it alone.

There is no game over since every action has a consequence, and they are not always bad.

Updates-
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

-

Version 0.2-
Added an option to skip the intro
Shops now work
Entering an Inn will set it as a rest point. So when you fall in combat you are return to the last inn you visited
Added 3.5 new scenes. Might change the lamia out for something else, because it's really hard to find the right pictures.
Fixed some typos
a couple new areas
Game now ends at Blue Coast. Still working on the city so it's not in yet.
Battle system and alignment system are in place. They both need a little work though.

Version 0.15-
Finished story up until leaving Redcliff
Added 2 new h-scenes. One will need to have had a pink drink from the pub to see. Both from same person.
Completed most of the town
Still need to add inventory to the shops.
Game ends upon leaving the church, you can continue to explore but not much is there other than the 2 scenes.

Version 0.1-
- The intro and first town built

You will need the VX Ace RTP to play this.

Download-
Last edited by walmartyr on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
walmartyr

Re: The Dark Eclipse

Postby AriasaYatomie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Interesting even with the little bit there, should be noted that i found a small thing, not much though, just the tree tops aren't there, just wanted to let chu know
Attachments
No Tree Tops.png
AriasaYatomie

Postby Emily21 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Interesting storyline. I'm waiting for it :)
Emily21

Postby CloudRipper » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:27 am

Nicely done so far. Cant wait to see the next part of it
CloudRipper

Postby walmartyr » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:32 am

AriasaYatomie Wrote:Interesting even with the little bit there, should be noted that i found a small thing, not much though, just the tree tops aren't there, just wanted to let chu know

Got that fixed, thanks for letting me know. I didn't even notice lol.

I'm posting a new update right now also.
walmartyr

Postby Kurushimi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:22 am

BBcode for links is [ url ], not [ link ] (remove spaces).
Kurushimi

Postby Bagashi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:03 am

Don't know what, but after the first scene/intro i cannot talk with nobody but the pub ones nor enter other places
Bagashi

Postby walmartyr » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:17 am

Bagashi Wrote:Don't know what, but after the first scene/intro i cannot talk with nobody but the pub ones nor enter other places

Not sure what would case that? Nobody else has had that happen. I'm about to put up an update, maybe I accidentally fixed it.
walmartyr

Re: The Dark Eclipse[7/25/15]

Postby keefa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:34 am

Really like the game so far, and the idea with no game over so far.

Two issues that I have so far:

1. I try to submit to a Lamia and I get a RPG Maker error

2. I think that the Lamias should either give more EXP than the two Orcs (seeing as they are a harder fight overall) or they should be toned down a little bit.

Otherwise keep up the great work!
keefa
Newly Registered

Postby damienpascal » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:01 am

I get the same error that Keefa does, submitting to a Lamia causes a crash. In addition to that though there are a couple other things I would mention:

1. The escape option in battle says submit, is it intended to be a submit option, or should it say escape? Because right now it still functions as escaping.

2. The random battles happen entirely too often in my opinion.
damienpascal
Newly Registered

Postby HohesHaus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:21 pm

Ok dont wanna troll you just giving ideas for improvment.

The story gets way to fast into "rescue the world", maybe give a little more background, develope the story slower.
After her parents were killed she reacted quite chilled, make it a little bit more a horror for her or give her at least some sentences that reflects her lost.
You are working with images, thats quite nice, but dont rely to heavy on them. Try to descripe the sex scenes a little bit more.

Thats all for now.
HohesHaus

Postby jaredh72 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Got the same error for the Lamia: "Script 'Cache' line 106: RGSSError occured. failed to create bitmap"
I agree that the Lamias either need to be toned down or give more EXP. The game looks promising so far though, and I will be looking forward to see how it unfolds.
jaredh72

Postby walmartyr » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:27 pm

HohesHaus Wrote:Ok dont wanna troll you just giving ideas for improvment.

The story gets way to fast into "rescue the world", maybe give a little more background, develope the story slower.
After her parents were killed she reacted quite chilled, make it a little bit more a horror for her or give her at least some sentences that reflects her lost.
You are working with images, thats quite nice, but dont rely to heavy on them. Try to descripe the sex scenes a little bit more.

Thats all for now.

Yeah, I'm not the best with dialog, and could definitely use some help with that if anyone is a writer.

jaredh72 Wrote:Got the same error for the Lamia: "Script 'Cache' line 106: RGSSError occured. failed to create bitmap"
I agree that the Lamias either need to be toned down or give more EXP. The game looks promising so far though, and I will be looking forward to see how it unfolds.

I'm thinking I'm going to change how the enemies work. I'm planning on putting their sprites in the world and having them chase you if they see you. Also, this would give you a chance to avoid them if possible. Not sure why that error is popping up though as I only had one image to load for the scene. When I change the enemy setup it should fix that as well. I'm also going to change the xp and combat values on all the enemies. I kinda just threw those in to make sure they were working.

I'm still not ready to put out the next update yet. I've been so busy with my other job that I haven't had as much time as I would like to work on it. But the game isn't dead yet.
walmartyr

Postby AriasaYatomie » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:41 am

I know a few friends who are pretty good writers and as someone who is on rp forums quite often i know a wee bit myself but i will need to talk to me friends and see if they are willing to help with writing if needed, would love this to come out good

*actually my friend has kinda agreed to help, i will do my best to get chu both on the same field togeather, he is a writer and a pixel artist so he can even help chu create chur own character icons too~
AriasaYatomie

Postby AriasaYatomie » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:14 am

that is good to know, I will tell him and get everything together and will discuss further plans after that and sorry for the delay, I didn't check me messages and currently I can't either figure out how to send back a pm or I can't...
AriasaYatomie

Postby walmartyr » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:53 am

cool sounds good
walmartyr

Postby DCF » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:05 pm

Looks interesting so far. Also I'm getting the same error with the Lamias.

Besides that my only criticism would be that the game uses the whole sex = evil alignment thing which is a bit boring and stereotypical. I think it would be more interesting if you could play a noble slut or evil prude. Hell you could have a 2 axis alignment system like in D&D but instead of chaotic vs lawful being the second axis it could be sexuality so you'd have slutty good and prudish evil. ;)
DCF

Postby Elaymidoray » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Any word on when an update might come out?
Elaymidoray

Postby Ayeka » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Good work! Please update ASAP :roll:
Ayeka

Return to Non-Flash Projects