Newlife: female-perspective lifesim text game

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Newlife: female-perspective lifesim text game

Postby splendidostrich » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:30 am

Hi folks! Just to let you know that I made 0.4.10 public a little while ago. 0.4.11 will be released in the next few days as the early-access version. 0.4.10 lets people write & test their own scenes that they could submit for inclusion into the game. Check out the discord (https://discord.gg/66Q7UDy) if you're interested in writing for Newlife or if you want to see what other people are working on. Documentation is included with the 0.4.10 release that can be downloaded from the blog as usual.

I'll be making a series of blog posts over the next few weeks, which will include a series step-by-step guides on scene creation, a post about the often-requested nonconsent content along with my thoughts on how it could be added as a "semi-official" add-on and a discussion about my awful record when it comes to replying on forums.

Hope you've all been having great summer, and thank you for playing the game :)
splendidostrich

Postby Dracoslicer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:45 am

I'm not sure if he forgot about this forum or not, but version 4.11 has been released for public users for a little over a month now, here's the link to the actual version if anyone is still interested.

https://splendidostrich.blogspot.co.uk/ ... -0412.html
Dracoslicer

Postby splendidostrich » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Thanks Dracoslicer. I've also posted about rape content recently: https://splendidostrich.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/raaaaape.html. While I'm not going to be implementing rape scenes myself for reasons set out in the blog post, the custom scene framework means it's possible for a community-written add-on to be created. If you're someone who's interested in writing and wants to see rape content in the game then this might be something to check out.
splendidostrich

Postby Dracoslicer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:26 pm

No problem,, and I actually saw that, but unfortunately am not good at modding so anything I'd try would probably be for myself. Hope to see you get a good outcome for this game however.
Dracoslicer

Postby Dracoslicer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Hey guys! posting for SO again, newlife version 4.14 came out recently, here's the link so everyone can see it
http://splendidostrich.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... -0414.html
Dracoslicer

Postby splendidostrich » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi all! I've released a new version of Newlife. This is 0.4.16 which actually lets you get married: a massive change and one I'll be refining over the next few releases. The public version has been updated to 0.4.15 which contains the scene where you wreak a terrible revenge on the BF's jerk friend - it's a bit of an experimental one so I'm keen to hear what everyone thinks!

So, brush your hair, put on that special dress and practice those vows... today is your wedding day!
splendidostrich

Postby Nobudi » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Just throwing out an FYI for all that 0.4.17 have been released and 0.4.16 has gone public. Go and check out the wedding stuff. Not the kinky ones though, because that's with the newest version.
Nobudi

Postby Nobudi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:53 pm

0.4.17 has gone public. Kinky weddings for everyone*!

*Results may vary, please consult with your ingame boyfriend on the type of wedding you can have.
Nobudi

Postby kvier » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Discussion in other places implies the unconventional weddings require a very specific fiancee type.
kvier

Postby Nobudi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:33 pm

I believe the trigger is to have someone who has the sleaze trait proposed and to take him wedding dress shopping.
Nobudi

Postby GATX-105E_Noir » Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 am

I know it's been a little while since anyone's posted here, but for those unaware, SplendidOstrich put Newlife on hiatus, and paused their Patreon at the beginning of last month due to an injury. While the Patreon was put on pause until June, there's no real ETA as to when progress will resume.

Hopefully, SpendidOstrich will feel better soon, and give us an update on things.
GATX-105E_Noir
Newly Registered

Postby killyspec » Tue May 08, 2018 2:24 pm

i've revisiting this every couple of months since early '16 and am always pleasantly surprised, just wanted to hop in and say good job mate.
killyspec

Postby splendidostrich » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi all! Thanks for playing the game, and I enjoy reading your comments even though I'm terrible at replying!
Development continues as usual, and I've been dedicating some of my free time to prototyping a 2nd game - still a long way from having anything to show people but I hope you'll have fun with that when it's finally ready.
splendidostrich

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects