Newlife: female-perspective lifesim text game

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Newlife: female-perspective lifesim text game

Postby Sasha » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:18 am

If you have cheat engine, you could use that to make it stay below 52 weeks like I did. :P
Sasha

Postby Ikorus » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:02 pm

you should include an exhibitionist option in the clubs to have sex standing up right on the dance floor if you're wearing slutty enough clothes (such as skirts and midriff-baring tops with no underwear)

and also a group sex option in the gym showers
Ikorus
Newly Registered

Postby splendidostrich » Thu May 05, 2016 3:06 am

Hello everyone.

The 0.3.21 version of Newlife has been released and can be downloaded from patreon by early-access patrons. The previous version has been made public and can be downloaded from the blog

The blog post with the changelog is here.

Have fun with the new version :)
splendidostrich

Postby splendidostrich » Mon May 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Hello everyone.... The copy-paste nature of my release announcements is realy obvious when one comes right after the other, isn't it.

The 0.3.22 version of Newlife has been released and can be downloaded from patreon by early-access patrons. The previous version has been made public and can be downloaded from the blog

Enjoy your week and have fun with the new version :)
splendidostrich

Postby kvier » Fri May 27, 2016 8:00 am

Is the "acts of evil" displaying correctly in 0.3.21 ? I have a character where I didn't know that I did any evil acts, and yet it's showing the same number (11) as the number of "weeks at high stress"...

edit: no, that appears to be a coincidence. What random thing could I be doing that counts as "evil" ?
kvier

Postby decimad » Mon May 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Really enjoying the progress you're doing, but just some ideas:

When you get groped and you're a refined lady e.g. make the option to stop him, or let him continue.

A couple options when you "go to work" would be awesome. Since going to work is that standart, it would be nice to have some scenes while going to work, or coming home from work.

And a small question:

How do you get hangovers?

everytime im drinking alcohol, it just stops at the point where im nauseous.
decimad

Postby kvier » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:12 am

Just wanted to point out that 0.3.23 was released for patrons almost a month ago, so 0.3.22 was released to the public almost a month ago. You can just follow splendidostrich's links above.
kvier

Postby BungieCordSnap » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:53 am

Hey i downloaded the game but the buttons to start the game dont show up on screen, is there a minimum screen size required to run the game? Or is it just my laptop?
BungieCordSnap
Newly Registered

Postby kvier » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:16 pm

It seems to be intended for a 1024x768 screen, will marginally fit on a 1280x720 screen, and won't quite fit on a 1024x600 screen.
kvier

Postby BungieCordSnap » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Damn, is there anyway around that or am i screwed?
BungieCordSnap
Newly Registered

Postby kvier » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:55 am

It looks like, once you actually start the game, it tolerates resizing just fine.

So if you can awkwardly drag the window around to click on "new game" or "load game" just once each time you start the program, you should be able to manage after?
kvier

Postby splendidostrich » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Hello everyone!

The 0.3.25 version of Newlife has been released and can be downloaded from patreon by early-access patrons. The previous version has been made public and can be downloaded from the blog

Have fun with the new version :)

kvier Wrote:Is the "acts of evil" displaying correctly in 0.3.21 ? I have a character where I didn't know that I did any evil acts, and yet it's showing the same number (11) as the number of "weeks at high stress"...

edit: no, that appears to be a coincidence. What random thing could I be doing that counts as "evil" ?

Violating your date's privacy by looking through his phone when he's in the shower? The game does tell you to be ashamed of yourself there!

Oh, or maybe you're showing a disgusting lack of sportswomanship by giving the judge sexual favours in order to get an unfair advantage in the dance competition?

decimad Wrote:Really enjoying the progress you're doing

Thanks! Good to hear :)

decimad Wrote:A couple options when you "go to work" would be awesome. Since going to work is that standart, it would be nice to have some scenes while going to work, or coming home from work.

I might add commuting scenes at some point, we'll see.

decimad Wrote:How do you get hangovers?

everytime im drinking alcohol, it just stops at the point where im nauseous.

That's the maximum alcohol level – to avoid the game getting too rapey, you won't pass out from booze or anything like that. If you reach that level of drunkenness and don't have the Clear Head trait then you should have a hangover the next morning. This also affects the stress impact of alcohol.

BungieCordSnap Wrote:Hey i downloaded the game but the buttons to start the game dont show up on screen, is there a minimum screen size required to run the game? Or is it just my laptop?

The default size is something like 1024x750. I reduced it a while ago to support people on 1024x768, but I don't plan to shrink it further as it gets hard to fit everything in the window. The window should allow you to manually resize it, although shrinking it might make some screens messy.
splendidostrich

Postby splendidostrich » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:43 pm

Hello everyone.

The 0.3.26 version of Newlife has been released and can be downloaded from patreon by early-access patrons. The previous version has been made public and can be downloaded from the blog

Have fun with the new version, and let me know if you find any bugs :)
splendidostrich

Postby Sasha » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:10 pm

How do you activate the new scene from 0.3.25?
Sasha

Postby kvier » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:12 pm

Just guessing, since the changelog says it's a threesome... either an extension of the house party or of the gym scene.
kvier

Postby Fortilicious » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:40 am

@splendidostrich: SPLENDID!

I absolutely love this game. The fantasy in it is wonderful and I have to say that I do love the rp put into the sex scenes. better than a large amount of cybersex I've had in the past >.> I've posted some of the rp (Hilariously enough, a scene where I'm going down on a guy that resembles jabba the hut cause I lost a hand in a card game) and have turned some friends on to the game. However, this said, I do have a wishlist for the game... if you'll humor me. Bounce some ideas off you, as it were... and I apologize if some of these things have already been addressed in this forum. My ideas are too numerous for searching out all the topics and I'm passionate about this game of yours. It holds SO much promise! :oops:

- While the rp is wonderful, alot of text in the scenes gets repetative very quickly. I celebrate your erotic imagination, but then balk at the same time when it comes to lines like "he thrusts his penis into your vagina" that just leave it at that. Reminds me of the aforementioned cybersex I've endured in the past. If you like, are you taking entrees for people willing to lend thier imaginations to your project? I wouldn't be looking to take up any of your patreon earnings, if you're afraid of that.

- One thing I'm not too much a fan of is that each guy apparently only has the ability to climax once per day. Except for during the card game at your parties. Any chance of allowing the guys to have multiple orgasms as well? I think it'd especially compliment those 'jerks' that dominate/use the PC as nothing but a willing fuck toy. Especially if they are studly. Perhaps attach the trait to if they have larger testicle sizes...

- For the Club:
  • There's been times when I've wanted to get to a sex scene at the club (so I could unleash my slut side and have multiple men in one night), but due to randomization (I think?), even if the guy had a 'jerk' mentality, he wouldn't take me to the bathroom for makeout, but rather drag out the entire night with drinking and I'd end up waiting till we got back to my flat. Are you considering allowing the player to suggest the makeout session?
  • You describe the dance floor as crowded and far too loud to have conversation, but the only the only option we get is to dance. Granted, there's the random encounter with the lesbian pair, but in that, you allow the PC to reach orgasm and it's a very erotic scene. Any plans to allow gropings/sex to happen on the club dancefloor, similar to the 'gig' date?
  • I've seen you address this at the wiki for this game, and I responded there. But I've seen that you seem against the idea of gloryholes, strip clubs and prostitution. Alot of couples nowadays (those of an open minded sort with a dirty streak to them) enjoy strip clubs and gloryhole visits. I bring this up here for the topic of gloryholes... the atmosphere of this club, especially the bathroom, is ripe for a gloryhole. A PC could, if allowed, visit the restroom herself and perhaps "be surprised" by an anonymous cock coming through the stall wall, twitching invitingly. You could randomize the traits based on already set parameters chosen for the males presented, or (even better) even pull the parameters at random to enhance the reality of it being a stranger's cock (one that the character may not have otherwise chosen) that the player will have fun with. It'd add a great and naughty aspect to the game. And even open up more rp situations where if the PC does become pregnant, the doctor clinic identifies someone that they do not even know as the father.
  • Conversation option, for when you have the attention of a man. It's everywhere else in the game except for the club, even when you're not on the dancefloor!

- True threesomes and gangbangs! Jerks may sometimes be selfish, but if they view a woman as an object to be used, they tend to be willing to share with thier mates. You already have this with the Gym jerk and Horse, but the PC can only take them one at a time. You also sorta have this during the scenes where the 'Party Girl' friend wants to have one of the party guests and you request to watch... but mostly all you do is just watch with an occasional cop-a-feel. Giving the option to be double penetrated by both the Gym Jerk and Horse would be heavenly! And this option is ripe for the gang scene as well during the shy friend storyline as well. You present it as the PC is aroused at the idea of allowing these guys to take thier frustrations on her, but only one guy steps forward to do the deed even tho a scene description presents 3 guys. Maybe extend the scene (similar to the BDSM club) in having the 1st guy present you to the others and give the PC the option to entice them all, leaving her as a cum-covered mess after being used by 3 guys. Maybe a random modifier to make it that if they meet aforementioned requirements, they go at her individually as well before/after the gangbang. Again, I'm stressing that the PC is given the choice after the 1st guy. I can understand wanting to stay away from the idea of rape.

I'm sure you've likely already had some of these ideas as well, if so, I eagerly await seeing them!

Again, amazing game. Thank you so much for your time spent in creating it. This game honestly has the potential to be another great erotic MUD on parallel in fame to Corruption of Champions!
Fortilicious

Postby dannub » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:15 am

I'm a fan of Corruption of Champions, so I'm looking forward to this as well.
dannub

Postby Ephrian » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:47 pm

@splendidostrich: Hi, first of all, congratulations for your work/game, its absolutely outstanding! I even recently became a patron cause i do love it a lot. Do you plan to have your game translated ? If you do, i might be able to give you a hand on that :) Thanks for making one of the very best game i ever met, keep going!
Ephrian

Postby Nobudi » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:33 am

SplendidOstrich last logged in 4 months ago. Isn't posting here anymore. Go check the patreon/ blog for more stuff.
Nobudi

Postby Ephrian » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:15 pm

Nobudi Wrote:SplendidOstrich last logged in 4 months ago. Isn't posting here anymore. Go check the patreon/ blog for more stuff.

Yeah thank you for the advice, i've been there and found what i was looking for. :)

Otherwise, for the people who love text-based rpg, you HAVE TO try this game, it's amazing!!
Ephrian

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects