[VX ACE RPG] Aylia's Story - English H-RPG Goodness!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[VX ACE RPG] Aylia's Story - English H-RPG Goodness!

Postby YummyTiger » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:33 pm

An Eliandre has returned...
Awakened by a lecherous goblin...
Never say the Gods are without humor.

Hello! I would like to present an RPG Maker MV game titled, Aylia's Story. It's a tale of redemption where you assume the role of Aylia, one of the last Eliandre, awoken by the Gods after centuries of slumber. You to guide Aylia through a number of challenging, and often erotic, situations. Through it all, Aylia will be accompanied by the goblin responsible for freeing her, Bogwort. Bogwort is a lecherous little bastard who will try Aylia’s patience often, and will feverishly work to ensure Aylia is naked as often as possible.

Game's Major Characters:
Image Aylia: One of the few Eliandre remaining after the Great War. She seeks redemption for the arrogance of her race. Will she find it?
Image Bogwort: A lecherous goblin in search of booze, women, and treasure. Never met a pair of tits he didn't like!
Image Triste: A mysterious swordswoman who appeared in Zalran recently. Cocky and competent, she seems to view Aylia as a threat...
Image Kira: The Innkeeper's daughter and the source of his grey hair. She wants to do more than work at the local inn.

Game Features:

• A story-rich experience like you've rarely experienced. The world is yours to explore and those that take up the challenge will find a world filled with interactions and lore. Decisions you make will carry forward and alter future events. This means that there will be a story, with lore and all, in an erotic RPG… too many words!
• A customized RPG Maker experience. The RPG maker system has been reworked in a number of ways to fit with a design philosophy based around creating a fun, erotic experience. One area in particular is the RPG Maker battle system. The battle system has been redesigned in a number of ways to avoid the pitfalls often present and with a focus allowing the erotic content to shine.
• Moving beyond the “game over” rape mechanic that limits too many games. Aylia’s Story is designed for the erotic content to be fully integrated into the overall game. This means that you’ll find erotic situations as you quest and explore the world. Erotic content will shape battles if you choose to use it. No more forcing yourself to lose to see the good bits!
• A rival system that features other female characters. One common limitation to female protagonist games is that erotic content revolves solely around the main character, and if you make decisions that avoid falling victim to sexual encounters, you're left with little to no erotic content. In an effort to resolve this tragic shortcoming, Aylia's Story includes rival characters. These are other women that Aylia and Bogwort interact with throughout the world, and based on your decisions, THEY may be the ones who fall victim to those sexual encounters!
• A slow-burn corruption system. Aylia’s Story is my effort to bring to life the hentai RPG I always dreamed of--a slow and devious corruption. As Aylia grows more and more bold, many aspects of the game itself will change. Her sexual teasing in battle will get more erotic, her reactions to lewd requests might become more accepting, and ultimately, she may even prance around the world in the buff! Oh my!

How can you help?:

Play and enjoy the game! While support is always welcome and I appreciate it, I'm creating this game for people to enjoy. Play the game, leave me feedback. Hopefully, you enjoy the content as much as I've enjoyed creating it.

Single Donation: If you'd like to contribute a single donation to help development, I've created an Itch.io page. Through Itch.io, you can donate whatever you'd like when you download the current version of the game. Thank you for whatever you are able to contribute, it means the world to me!

Crowdfunding: If you'd like to jump fully on-board, I do have a Patreon where you can subscribe and pledge with each major release. Unlike most other Patreon's, this is not setup on a monthly-pledge system, but will only charge you when a release is made. I wanted the pledging system to be as transparent as possible, so you always see what you're paying for. Patreon is how you can get involved in voting for new content, seeing teasers for upcoming releases, and playing the beta versions before they go public. Please, check out my Patreon webpage: http://www.patreon.com/yummytiger for more information and updates!

The Current Release:

Current Release:: MV 0.11 Public
Itchi.io: https://yummytigergaming.itch.io/ayliastory
Alternate Download: https://mega.nz/file/00dVjbxK#YNIVQp4kV ... pR_IgrckrE

Known Bugs:
  • None at this time
Last edited by YummyTiger on Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
YummyTiger

Re: [VX ACE RPG] Aylia's Story - English H-RPG Goodness!

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:45 am

So, Will say nicely done for what has been created, I will gladly test out anything for this game, expecially the battle system seeing how it is not even in the demo
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby n1jay » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:48 am

I was really impressed! I loved the attention you put into the items strewn around the map and how some of the CGs result from what Aylie looks like while examining things. I also liked the art style. Honestly I was a little concerned by the art posted on the forum but figured Id give the game a try anyways. Those pngs you posted don't do the game any justice! The dialogue between the goblin and Aylia was fun and he's certainly write to say he's the one you end up rooting for.

That said there were a few things that I wasn't too fond of.
To begin Aylia seems extremely accepting of everything that apparently happened to her.
Her entire race has vanished from existance; everything/one she knew and loved is dead and forgotten (so far as she knows).
Then she wakes up and, though she clearly dislikes the goblin, she ends up following him because the voice told her to?
Also, wasn't the voice that of one of the gods she was supposed to be fighting? If so, why isn't she at least skeptical of what it said to her...
Beyond that, the other main female characters seemed kind of one note... though now that I think about it there wasn't much to them in the intro/demo.
Hopefully there will be more information given on them at some point or they will be given slightly more dialogue. As I understood it the point was that they will pick up events or things that you miss or will affected by your completion of the events so we would want to have the correct impressions of them fairly soon. I'd feel horrible if I did something that got one of them raped only to find out I actually like that character XD. Granted that'd be some pretty wicked story writing if you could pull it off.

But yeah! Great demo so far so keep it up! Wouldn't mind some form of temporary combat system while waiting for the newer one but thats just me wanting to kick some rat but with a butter knife XD
n1jay
Newly Registered

Postby YummyTiger » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 am

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you two enjoyed it. I know, it needs the battle system, and believe me, I want it in there. I just have specific ideas about how I want it to work, and those ideas need some custom scripting. I am looking through scripts now, and maybe I will be able to figure out enough to get it running. Otherwise, maybe someone will step up and offer to do it for commission or something.

@n1jay: Wow, I didn't think people would be concerned about the art in the game based on this thread. While they lose a bit scaling them down, I did not think it was majorly significant. Everything is vector art, so ideally, it would be awesome to run the pictures at a higher resolution than 640x480... Even at that resolution, they lost details that I've put in the graphics. Oh well.

Also, you bring up a valid point regarding Aylia's views on the Gods. There is a line to walk in a hentai game with too much story and not enough. While the writer in me would love to delve into her background even more, I realized that I need to keep things progressing, as ultimately, the sex content is what the game is about. At one point in the dialogue on the cliffs, the player should get a bit of Aylia's view on the Great War. She blames the Eliandre elders far more than the Gods for her race's demise. She's had centuries to think about those events and her race's folly. There will be more backstory and more regarding her desire to redeem herself in the eyes of the Gods, but I've never really meant for her to hate the Gods for what they did. Either way though, it is awesome to me that you are thinking about these things, as it means you read the story closely enough to consider them. So, thanks!
YummyTiger

Postby SirBalto » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 pm

I figure I throw this in here. There is a bug in the last stage of Warm Greeting, where if you're in a position where you can't walk down three steps you will be unable to do anything. I suggest removing the three mandatory steps or put the priest in a position where you cannot be prevented from taking those steps.
SirBalto

Postby Pseudolurker » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:53 pm

I literally joined this site just to comment on this game's thread. Very well done - the prologue plays like a professionally polished work! I'm more than intrigued, and looking forward to see where this goes. I may even give your Patreon a boost, if the battle system is as good as the rest of the game seems to be! (I'm saddened that I'm not Ruby-fluent enough to offer much help in that regard.)

I did not notice any bugs beyond the ones you already have listed. Just voicing support and interest!
Pseudolurker

Postby YummyTiger » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:19 am

@Pseudolurker: Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'm very excited to get more released. Been working through battle scripts on my own, but progress is slow... Anyways, if you are on the fence about Patreon, just wait until the release of chapter 1. That would give you a better idea if this a game you want to support--which I hope it is :-)

@SirBalto: Thanks for the report. I've got that one and the event in the woods (bones) fixed which was the same issue. I need to use conditional branches better to take into account which direction Aylia is facing when starting an event!
YummyTiger

Postby Kurushimi » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:47 am

"Without labor, thes mines fell into disrepair and eventually became infested." (Where are we?)
-> these
"More than I want too..." (There are no other elves?)
-> to
"This comment causes Aylia to turn. The goblin is standing there, opening staring at her backside while rubbing his crotch in delight." (Just after exiting the mine.)
-> openly
"Aylia, pleased to me you..." (Talking to the farmer.)
-> meet

The bones bug in Zalran hills also applies to approaching from the west, apparently. Don't know if relevant.

A similar bug happens, somehow, in the Mayor's house when first entering. Skipping the conversation somehow resolved it, not sure if I'd be able to reproduce it.

The game itself is looking great. As was mentioned by someone else, it's awesome how much detail you put in the maps. Makes the whole place feel more... Real. Though I spotted four mistakes as fas as spelling goes, they are all signs of writing fast, rather than writing bad. I can live with that.

I personally would like a little more exposition for the story, but I understand most people don't want as much text as I do.
Kurushimi

Postby Kuragari » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:14 pm

This game looks very good and I believe has a lot of promise to it. I look forward to seeing more.
Kuragari

Postby YummyTiger » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks for the comments! I hope it turns out as good as people are expecting.

@Kurushimi: Thanks for the grammar reports. Believe me, I've read, edited, reread, edited again, etc. It is damn near impossible to catch all the errors. So I appreciate people letting me know!

@Kuragari: Thanks! I can't wait to release chapter 1 and give people an even better sense of what the game will be like.
YummyTiger

Postby DCF » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Looks pretty interesting so far. Good luck.
DCF

Postby Pseudolurker » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:20 am

So, I decided to cheat around a little bit with the prologue, and ran across a few things once I started playing around with the Pride variable...

1.) I saw somewhere else where someone had mentioned a bug with the first Dirk scene, where if one talks to him after getting the Peasant Dress instead of before, there's a moment or two in the conversation when a Potato Sack Aylia overlays the Peasant Dress Aylia. This also happens if Aylia is wearing (or not wearing) anything other than the Peasant Dress during any other conversations, whenever her facial expression changes. This one is perfectly understandable, since there's absolutely no way to have Aylia wear anything besides the Peasant Dress while in Zalran proper in the prologue. It may cause some issues, however, if there are ways to lower her Pride stat during the prologue once the battle system is added (if enemy attacks can lower it, or if using "tease" attacks can, etc.)

2.) Somewhat related, the appearance of Dirk in the Zalran outskirts seems to be tied to the Pride stat - if it's low enough that Aylia may opt to forgo her Potato Sack or Peasant Dress, he vanishes right off the map. Again, if there will be ways for Aylia to lose Pride during the prologue, his H-scene could be missed. Is this intentional, and might it affect other scenes? (You've said somewhere else that it will be impossible to get 100% of the content on one playthrough, so just a question.)

Still anxiously awaiting Chapter 1 - this seems promising as all get-out!
Pseudolurker

Postby UnLimiTeD » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:54 pm

I just found this, and I'd like to compliment you on how well produced this was!
Not too much content, but what was there was top notch.
Every dialogue atmospheric, good art, that's a rare sight.

There was a typo in a long word starting with h somewhere, I think.
Definitely looking forward to the first chapter, or whatever comes after the prologue.
UnLimiTeD

Postby YummyTiger » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:04 pm

OOoooo, new replies :-)

Thanks for the comments, still plugging away at the game. Things are progressing and eager as hell to get the first chapter released. Then I feel people will have a good amount of content to play around with.

@Pseudolurker: Tsk, tsk, playing with the pride variable :D . Yes, nothing for low pride is implemented, and if it has any impact, it would simply be because of the clothing variable that is changed when she is walking around with no clothes. The pride variable will be used in corruption-type game mechanics, and I doubt it will be really impactful until around chapter 2/3. Aylia will not be the type of heroine who simply prances around with her tits out in 10 minutes of game time (to Bogwort's dismay...). Now Kira...

@Unlimited: Thanks for the positive comments. I am very happy you enjoyed the little bit of game there is. I honestly would not have released it at this stage if I did not need some scripting help with the battle stuff. I knew if I did, someone would probably step forward, as this community is pretty awesome. Someone did, and the battle stuff is progressing nicely.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks again! All the positive feedback and comments have been wonderfully motivating. I really think if you liked the prologue, you will love the next part. I can't wait to release it. In the meantime, enjoy the artwork.

YummyTiger

Postby VintageBass » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:44 am

YummyTiger Wrote:Anyways, just wanted to say thanks again! All the positive feedback and comments have been wonderfully motivating. I really think if you liked the prologue, you will love the next part. I can't wait to release it. In the meantime, enjoy the artwork.

We need to have you be able to post freely without having us mods having to approve your messages every time. I need to look into this, but the artwork looks pretty good! I want to see more from this game and I'll be willing to back you if and when I can! :)
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby An Ying Hu » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:27 am

YummyTiger Wrote:I really think if you liked the prologue, you will love the next part. I can't wait to release it. In the meantime, enjoy the artwork.

A question about that - are you going to release the game in episodic format? Or will Chapter 1 be the completion of the 'demo' and then you will release the entire game when it is done?

Anyway, good luck with the rest. Aylia's Story is quite beautiful so far.
An Ying Hu

Postby Pseudolurker » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:45 pm

YummyTiger Wrote:@Pseudolurker: Tsk, tsk, playing with the pride variable :D . Yes, nothing for low pride is implemented, and if it has any impact, it would simply be because of the clothing variable that is changed when she is walking around with no clothes. The pride variable will be used in corruption-type game mechanics, and I doubt it will be really impactful until around chapter 2/3. Aylia will not be the type of heroine who simply prances around with her tits out in 10 minutes of game time (to Bogwort's dismay...). Now Kira...

I know, I know, I'm a terrible, terrible person. :D

I had assumed that the "bugs" were just because there was no way to cause them without playing around with variables outside the actual gameplay, given the attention to detail evident throughout the rest of the prologue, and was just clarifying. Thank you for the insight into the rate of the corruption mechanics - it does sometimes get a little eyeroll-worthy when a character goes from prim virgin to wanton exhibitionist within the span of one hike to a new destination.
Pseudolurker

Postby YummyTiger » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:49 am

@VintageBass: Thanks for the positive feedback! I'll get my post count up eventually ;) Whether you choose to support my foolish endeavor or not, I hope you enjoy chapter 1 (and eventually the full game)!

@An Ying Hu: The release of chapter 1 will be the public demo I originally wanted to announce the game with. So, it will be released. My plan is to release betas of chapters 2, 3, and 4 to my supporters on Patreon as they come out. Then release the full game for free when chapter 5 is complete. Each chapter is kind of episodic in that a period of time passes between chapters. So, when you make decisions in each chapter, Zalran grows and changes, then time passes and you see how your decisions impacted the town. I did it this way, because it would be ridiculous for Zalran to be revitalized in a few days. Granted, it is still a bit unbelievable in that it occurs in a relatively short time, but at least less so :D

@Pseudolurker: Actually, it's a pretty nice compliment that you liked the prologue enough to experiment like that. Thanks! Also, there definitely was a mistake in the Dirk event, which is fixed now regarding wearing the peasant dress and talking to him. Basically, that was one of the earlier events I set up before I started using common eventing more often. So, I manually put the message busts in the events, which is why there was a problem. Now it is done through variables and a set of common events. Who says a foolish artist can't be taught a bit of programming :lol:
YummyTiger

Postby RandomGuy2599 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:02 pm

This is incredibly good, and if I had money to spare, I'd probably actually donate towards this. Not something I've considered before for a H-Game, but it's pretty professional. No matter how many times I tried to turn her slutty, you wouldn't let her become one. Good job.
RandomGuy2599

Postby YummyTiger » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 am

Thanks RandomGuy2599! I appreciate it, I've put a lot of time getting this put together, and am glad that shows. Also, I am a big fan of slow corruption, so there would be no way I would have Aylia turn into an insta-slut in the prologue. You'll be able to have her do some stuff in Chapter 1, but she won't be an insta-slut there either. I want the corruption to be a long, erotic journey! That said, I also love choice, so you'll be able to keep her from turning into a slut as well. It should be a wild ride.

Since it has been a few weeks since I posted here, thought I would throw out an update. Things are still progressing. February was slower than I intended, but I did make some headway. It looks as if I have about 3 more weeks of work before chapter 1 is ready to go. But, you can expect it soon. I assure you, that prologue + chapter 1 will provide a much better demo of what to expect in the final product. The battle system has been quite fun to set up, and I think people will find it refreshing. No simple clothing destruction tied to HP here :-).
YummyTiger

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects