The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/6]

Postby Edvin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:05 am

musical74 Wrote:"plans on starting from the beginning to see all the artwork" Never mind I'm like 65 hours in...

That's exactly what I'm talking about.
People who have spent many dozens of hours in the game will never be given the opportunity to see the scenes when they discover them.
It's a bit depressing and I almost want to stop waiting for the next update and get back to the game when it's done.
Edvin

Postby lostone2 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:04 pm

See this image:

Link
lostone2

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:42 pm

Edvin Wrote:Maybe it's just my personal opinion, but I think it would be a good idea (now that the first chapter is done) to focus on new scenes.
I don't mean exclusively. But if the next update brings, for example, 5 new scenes, then they should be done first and only then should continue updating older scenes.
Replay is never as good as seeing a scene for the first time.

Sorry, but we've already begun work on phase two. The next step will be to get at least one scene for every major character, plus a few other highlight scenes we want to do.

musical74 Wrote:"plans on starting from the beginning to see all the artwork" Never mind I'm like 65 hours in...

How much will adding pictures increase file size? Given how much care and detail you put into everything, thinking it might be quite a bit because you want to include so much!

It's not as much as you'd think, as the RPG Maker window is very small.
Sierra Lee

Postby Edvin » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Sierra Lee Wrote:Sorry, but we've already begun work on phase two. The next step will be to get at least one scene for every major character, plus a few other highlight scenes we want to do.

You don't have to apologize to me :)
Do as you wish. It's your game.

I was merely suggesting something that (in my opinion) would be a procedure that equally rewards new players and veterans.
Edvin

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 4/17: 25+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:32 pm

The art update is now public! You can download it here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... ublic.html

I figure there's no sense going on too long otherwise. ^-^ Hope you enjoy!
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:54 am

Downloading!

I saw you are working on a game, "Don't save the princess", will you eventually be posting that in LoK too? Given how much I like all your other games, thinking I'll like DStP too!
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:31 pm

musical74 Wrote:I saw you are working on a game, "Don't save the princess", will you eventually be posting that in LoK too? Given how much I like all your other games, thinking I'll like DStP too!

I'll keep posting updates about that here. DStP was meant to be a short experimental side project and the development has really dragged on for various reasons, but I still hope to finish it eventually.
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat May 16, 2020 4:19 am

Version 0.51.0 is out for patrons! The update notes are huge this time, so I'll just link them:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... eased.html

The core of the new content isn't available to all saves, but if you've been working to free Eustrin, you can enter a new negotiation section. It's not Gawnfall, but it features characters old and new:

If that's successful, you'll unlock a final state for Eustrin. This includes lots of happy NPCs and... other things:

But that isn't all! I've mentioned that every harem member is getting their own unique sidequest, and two of those can now be completed:

One of those involves an event that has been requested for a long time, which I'll just hint:

This one should be public in a week. Meanwhile, I have something for those of you waiting! I'm participating in a big bundle of NSFW games that you can find here:

https://itch.io/b/500/lewd-nude-rude-co ... her-bundle

All of the games are 50% off or more, including a couple of mine. There's also a free (or pay what you want) tier, so this is a good opportunity to sample a whole bunch of games!
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/22: 25+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat May 23, 2020 3:49 am

The newest update is now available to everyone! You can download it here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... lease.html

Also, last chance on the NSFW game bundle!
Link: https://itch.io/b/500/lewd-nude-rude-co ... her-bundle

Again, this is a couple of my games and a bunch of others, all 50% off or more. Please take a look if you're interested!
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:25 pm

Version 0.52.0 is out for patrons! We're up to 35+ illustrated scenes, with more info below or at the blog:

TLS 0.52.0
- New plot section.
- Fixed Robin profile thanks to Lamsey.
- New illustrated scenes: Lynine titfuck, Nalili 69, Orilise luxury, Fuckety Fuck

I aimed to make this an intense update that takes the plot forward, including some old friends:

And some old enemies. Whose fortress could the characters be infiltrating in this screenshot? Truly, it is an unknowable mystery...

Anyway, I'm going to hold back on some of the revelations for you to experience yourselves. Expect just about all the different kinds of content you'd expect from TLS:

Meanwhile, the Steam summer sale has begun. If you're interested in any of my other work, all my games are 50-80% off:
https://store.steampowered.com/developer/sierralee

The update will go public in a week! Please look forward to it. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:49 pm

The newest update is now public! You can download it here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... lease.html

I had fun with this one, patrons had fun with it, hopefully you will too. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/3: 35+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:08 pm

Hey, everyone, sorry it's been a little while. I've been trying to finish two different things at once, detailed here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... -news.html

Currently focused entirely on TLS 0.53.0, but I hope this side project can also come out before too long!
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:52 am

I wanted to be all snarky and say how DARE you have side projects...but I love TLS waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and I'm still looking forwards to Don't Save the Princess (whenever you do finish that), just glad everything is OK! I'm blown away by how detailed and nuanced everything is, not just at the beginning but 60 hours in, everything is STILL very detailed and nuanced. How in the world do you manage to keep things so interesting every step of the way???
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 pm

I'm glad you're still enjoying it! This approach to story is just how I operate, so I do my best to keep up quality in the ways that matter to me. Plus, I've been building toward some of these developments for a long time, so there are a lot of things already built into the story.

Anyway, I hope to bring both it and side projects to a satisfactory conclusion!
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:36 pm

Version 0.53.0 is out for patrons! We're up to 45+ illustrated scenes, with more info below or at the blog:

TLS 0.53.0
- Big new section covering the first half of the Gathering.
- 2 new scenes
- Added a notification after Chapter 1 to forestall potential confusion over illustrations.
- 9 new illustrated scenes: Comforting Simon, Janine's Wedding, Orcent Orgy, Robin BJ, Tertia TF, Uyae in Heat, Varia Standing, Varia TF, Wynn Binding

A sample of one of the new illustrated scenes:

Anyway, you know what it's time for this update!

The player's position in the world has really developed since the original Gathering back in Chapter 2. You'll have lots of groups pursuing various objectives:

There will be more competitive events, both mundane and magical:

And if it ever seems confusing, Qum is there to help explain:

I'm too tired to be sure when this one will go public, but I intend to roll directly into TLS 0.54.0 to finish the Gathering. Please look forward to it!
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:50 am

"reads Qum's quote 3 times" I'm confused now...and why did Qum say "Aka" instead of "Stabby Girl" like she's always done before? Heck, outside of Simon and Yarra Qum doesn't remember anyone's name! Although, maybe a few years of being with Aka would cause Qum to eventually remember Aka's name. But then, we might not get things like "I really want to get stabby now"!
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:40 pm

musical74 Wrote:"reads Qum's quote 3 times" I'm confused now...and why did Qum say "Aka" instead of "Stabby Girl" like she's always done before? Heck, outside of Simon and Yarra Qum doesn't remember anyone's name! Although, maybe a few years of being with Aka would cause Qum to eventually remember Aka's name. But then, we might not get things like "I really want to get stabby now"!

Haha, it's so easy to slip up on this. It'll be fixed by the public version!
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 9/4: 45+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:58 pm

The newest update is now public! You can download it here:
http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/ ... lease.html

This is a big one I hope you'll find fun! That said, do see the notes on the blog regarding balance.
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:40 am

Downloading! I'm sure everything will be OK, it might be a little challenging but I enjoy the challenge of The Last Sovereign, you make it a fun challenge!

Also looking to more Don't Save the Princess, LOVE the implication that she doesn't want to be saved but this guy apparently hasn't gotten the memo!
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:23 pm

Version 0.54.0 is out for patrons! More info below or at the blog:

TLS 0.54.0
- New segment finishing the Gathering
- 2 new scenes
- Equipment from dead orcs is now given back to you prior to the orc event.
- More healing for parties in between segments.
- New character bust art thanks to Lamsey.
- 4 new illustrated scenes: Aka x Tentacles, Carina + Qum, Iris Doggy, Balia Table

A sample of one of the new illustrated scenes:

This episode is the culmination of many things, including both long-running arcs and callbacks from many updates past:

Though this one is shorter and more intense, there will still be some more events and competitions:

Which require very serious reactions:

I've pushed pretty hard to get to this point and I can't promise that the finished/polished version will be ready to go public in a week. Regardless, please look forward to it!
Sierra Lee

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects