The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 1/17]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:37 pm

As a reminder, this update will still be patron-only until next weekend, though I've opened it up to all $1 patrons as a special bonus I sometimes do. The time has been spent not just on bugfixing, but on adding new content. For example, if you invested in the succubus bar earlier, you can now actually visit it and check in with the characters:

TLS 0.49.2
- Zirantian leaders now report on the state of their nation. This can potentially unlock the new Biyue scene.
- The Stineford succubus bar is now available if missed, and can be visited as a new map, but only going through the improved iterate event mentioned below.
- Min now appears in the Givino Vinai Court.
- Antarian now appears in Ardford Cathedral.
- Nabith now has a new conversation when first spoken to in Chapter 5 (with Yhilin Final).
- More variant dialogue has been added, notably in Ardford Business District and Orri's Restaurant.
- The physical condition of Ryoken now varies based on Erosia's country score.
- Retroactive: The Ramasta Unperson HQ now visually improves if Gawnfall helped the Unpeople.
- Lynine and Iris have conversations that increase their RP if you investigate their funded investments.
- Serious improvements have been made to the Chapter 5 iterate event, including more potential RP for Tertia.
- Quest objective bugs fixed (only if you repeat the events).
- The Duelist's Pin can now be enchanted in Ghenalon.
- The costs for a number of investments have decreased, some based on past decisions.
- Sublime equipment is in some cases more expensive, but overall buffed.
- Sublime equipment now has unique icons.
- Assorted minor changes, fixes, and improvements.

Public release this Friday!
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/6]

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:29 am

The newest version of TLS has been released publicly:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... -0494.html

Check the blog for links, update notes, and other information!
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:36 am

A lot of people have more time on their hands lately, so the least I can do is offer something to take their minds off the seriousness for a bit. All my games are on deep discount on both Steam and itch.io:

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/sierralee

https://itch.io/s/28735/quarantine-sale

Everyone stay healthy!
Sierra Lee

Postby jarenes » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:34 pm

Jesus Sierra, why don't you visit f95? It would make my life easier, and there's a lot of people there who like your game. Had to make this account just to talk to you...

Anyway, I just beat Estaven, have around 100 hours of playtime, and I have say this is a very good game... by actual game standards!

Production value is almost zero and even with that aside, it ain't perfect. lots of other issues with Simon's characterization, pseudo meta mumbo jumbo, robin calling estaven "fucklord" once, and other minor little issues that went pilling up as things progreessed.

Speaking of which, after this game, I have nightmares with the phrases "I'm glad to have you with me _____" and Question followed by answer + ",yes" or ",no."

Ex: Q- Is the sky blue? R- The sky is blue, YES./The sky is not blue, NO." I feel sick just by typing this.

On the very bright side your control over the gameplay aspects is masterful. I can't imagine balancing a game like this to be an easy, and the fact that you did it so well is truly remarkable. The game is also funny as hell, since this comment took 6 months to be approved for whatever reason, I've just seen Tertia, and I have to say, our initial dialogue had me crying with laughter.

But anyway, I'm not here to give you unrequested feedback about the game, but instead to ask you for suggestions of "similar" games I can play. Because I'm sure as hell someone who's making a rpg with this scope knows and have drawn inspiration from other amazing rpgs, the most obvious being Suikoden.

So, please list me your favorite rpgs, including the ones you took inspiration from (doesn't matter the engine, platform, or if it's 18+ or not).

Also, do you know any GOOD rpgs whose main character is actually evil? (not the fake or satirical kind,but more like, idk, light yagami, or possibly the anak... maybe).
jarenes
Newly Registered

Postby CloudRipper » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:57 am

I may not be understanding the point of these, but what is with the chosen who have those weird chats, then vanish in a flash and have the weird icon?
CloudRipper

Postby hornyninja » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:23 am

The Chosen initially existed to defeat the Incubus King. But once the Incubus King was defeated, they kept popping up. Each one still continued to get less and less rational and stable. My guess is that now that TWO major incubus kings have fallen and another weakened (and the empress wanting to die), the Chosen are still manifesting but without a clear purpose. And a Chosen that isn't Chosen for anything anymore is...what those weird distorted Chosen are.

It has been noted that the distorted Chosen are appearing in significant spots for Simon and his group. Like the Twisted Glen, the cache where Yarra appeared and Stark's temple to name a few. But this may be coincidence.
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:14 pm

CloudRipper Wrote:I may not be understanding the point of these, but what is with the chosen who have those weird chats, then vanish in a flash and have the weird icon?

From a gameplay perspective, you get a Shining Sword if you find them all.
Sierra Lee

Postby Darthjake » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:11 am

Sierra Lee Wrote:
CloudRipper Wrote:I may not be understanding the point of these, but what is with the chosen who have those weird chats, then vanish in a flash and have the weird icon?

From a gameplay perspective, you get a Shining Sword if you find them all.

Got to catch them all!
Darthjake

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:43 pm

It's finally time for the art update! Version 0.50.0 adds 28 illustrated scenes to the game, which is every scene in Chapter 1. More info and links here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... pdate.html

We have a variety of scenes, but I tried to spotlight what makes TLS unique:

Every scene in the first chapter is illustrated, even minor characters like the prostitutes:

If you've ever thought about starting a new save, this would be a good time. I wonder how many people missed this early Yarra/Trin scene?

Since this game will have hundreds of scenes, I decided that we want to have some real emotional and compositional variety, including a few clothed scenes when appropriate:Image

And I'll give Yarra the last word:

This update will go public in a week! Please look forward to it. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Postby Teezee » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:07 am

Oh we're looking forward to it, that's for sure :)

The artwork looks quite good, and I admit I am one of those who missed the 'early Trin/Yarra' scene.
Ah well starting a new save with a more tailored approach is now all the more worthwhile :)

Thanks
Teezee

Postby nad destroyer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:07 pm

Holy crap! I'll definitely have to download this once you've got a few images for chapter 2. Been waiting for quite some time for a least a few images in your game. This was the only H-RPG that I actually enjoyed both gameplay and the H-content without any images at all so this is fantastic.
nad destroyer

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Teezee Wrote:Oh we're looking forward to it, that's for sure :)

The artwork looks quite good, and I admit I am one of those who missed the 'early Trin/Yarra' scene.
Ah well starting a new save with a more tailored approach is now all the more worthwhile :)

Thanks

Hope you enjoy it!

nad destroyer Wrote:Holy crap! I'll definitely have to download this once you've got a few images for chapter 2. Been waiting for quite some time for a least a few images in your game. This was the only H-RPG that I actually enjoyed both gameplay and the H-content without any images at all so this is fantastic.

FYI, we're not going to do the whole game chronologically. Now that Chapter 1 is completely illustrated, my next goal will be having an illustrated scene for every major character. In any case, I'll report on the added scenes each update.
Sierra Lee

Postby CloudRipper » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:57 am

Hey Sierra I got a developmental question for ya on scripting. How do I make in the quest log it recognize when the character has reached a specific point/level/beaten a specific number of enemies?
CloudRipper

Postby Edvin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:15 pm

These pictures look amazing!
I'm really tempted to start a new game...
Edvin

Postby nad destroyer » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Sierra Lee Wrote:
Teezee Wrote:Oh we're looking forward to it, that's for sure :)

Thanks

Hope you enjoy it!

nad destroyer Wrote:Holy crap! I'll definitely have to download this once you've got a few images for chapter 2. Been waiting for quite some time for a least a few images in your game. This was the only H-RPG that I actually enjoyed both gameplay and the H-content without any images at all so this is fantastic.

FYI, we're not going to do the whole game chronologically. Now that Chapter 1 is completely illustrated, my next goal will be having an illustrated scene for every major character. In any case, I'll report on the added scenes each update.

That's good to know. I'm not terribly fused where the pics are located as long as there are more after chapter 1 lol.
nad destroyer

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:18 pm

CloudRipper Wrote:Hey Sierra I got a developmental question for ya on scripting. How do I make in the quest log it recognize when the character has reached a specific point/level/beaten a specific number of enemies?

Answering dev questions here could turn into a timesink, but I'll try to help if I can. I assume you're using the modern algebra quest journal script like TLS. You need to go to places where the player could potentially complete an objective, put in a conditional branch to check for it, then run "complete_objective(quest_id, objective_id_1, ..., objective_id_n)" in a script call.

Edvin Wrote:These pictures look amazing!
I'm really tempted to start a new game...

They're also available via the Reflect menu, but up to you!

nad destroyer Wrote:That's good to know. I'm not terribly fused where the pics are located as long as there are more after chapter 1 lol.

We intend to do them all! But since that will be a long project, we're working in stages.
Sierra Lee

Postby Edvin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:43 pm

Sierra Lee Wrote:They're also available via the Reflect menu, but up to you!

I know, but if you miss build up then they are only half satisfactory ;)

Anyway, wouldn't it be more logical to start adding images from the back instead of from the front?
Given how many sex scenes you have, the game will be completed before you add them all.
Edvin

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 pm

Edvin Wrote:Anyway, wouldn't it be more logical to start adding images from the back instead of from the front?
Given how many sex scenes you have, the game will be completed before you add them all.

I felt that starting with a fully illustrated chapter would better show the intent of the artwork, both for old players and potentially new ones. If people are trying the game for the first time, I want them to see sp,e art instead of having to wait through many hours of gameplay.
Sierra Lee

Postby Edvin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:50 am

Sierra Lee Wrote:
Edvin Wrote:Anyway, wouldn't it be more logical to start adding images from the back instead of from the front?

I felt that starting with a fully illustrated chapter would better show the intent of the artwork, both for old players and potentially new ones. If people are trying the game for the first time, I want them to see sp,e art instead of having to wait through many hours of gameplay.

Hmm, I see your point.
This is a really good idea to attract new players.
It was a sensible decision to make the first chapter first.

But you shouldn't forget the veterans.

Maybe it's just my personal opinion, but I think it would be a good idea (now that the first chapter is done) to focus on new scenes.
I don't mean exclusively. But if the next update brings, for example, 5 new scenes, then they should be done first and only then should continue updating older scenes.
Replay is never as good as seeing a scene for the first time.
Edvin

Postby musical74 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:38 am

"plans on starting from the beginning to see all the artwork" Never mind I'm like 65 hours in...

How much will adding pictures increase file size? Given how much care and detail you put into everything, thinking it might be quite a bit because you want to include so much!
musical74

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects