The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/30]

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Wow, this thread is active! Thanks for the kind words, and always nice to see people discussing the game. Anyway, I am here to announce an update!

With Desecration of Wings complete and released, it's time for another TLS update!

This update is all about politics, trying to capture the deal-making and decision-weighing of past segments in a completely different way. As hinted last time, you'll be taking a direct hand the Ardan succession crisis:

This will take you back to Ardford for the first time since Chapter 2, where you'll meet some old friends:

Some more momentously than others.

And finally, Yarra has feelings about all this:

Just due to how my schedule has lined up, you're going to be seeing Ouroboros and some other stuff from me over the next while. But definitely look forward to some TLS updates that really move the plot along! Starting with this one being released publicly in a week.
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:14 am

I have to wait a week, when classes will be back in session, and as it's my final term it's going to be busy? BOOOOOOOOOO!

49 hours to complete what's available, and barring the very last piece - I had to check the wiki for where to go, I wasn't aware I'd be returning to the extra dimensional thing - everything is very clear where to go, and some of the side quests are exciting or fun (the fight between cooks and succubi over pilfering food is funny!) Some of the possibilities for investing have me wondering though - 1 MILLION ProN?? That leaves so much other investing that I want to say YES to and deny it...I'm guessing it's worth it but that pretty much means saying no to so much else...
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:13 am

it's even more then the 1 million pron, there are sooooo many things to invest in.... The (what seems lost opportunities), makes me cry, but I'm fairly sure they will still be there later, just very glad I supported New Givini.
Darthjake

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Yes, most of those investments will stick around for all of Chapter 4, so you'll have many chances to get them. Actually, you'll be getting another round of investment returns in version 0.34.0! Though that is getting a little ahead of myself.
Sierra Lee

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 4/6]

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:35 pm

Newest version is up on the blog:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com ... lease.html

Hope everyone enjoys!
Sierra Lee

Postby That_One_Guy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 am

Hello, haven't commented/critiqued a game before, but I want to say how much I love this game and how addicted I've gotten to it. I went in thinking it'd be good fap material, and then I stayed for the plot and investments. I am stuck on a part though and if anyone can help me, that'd be great.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Chapter 4, I'm suppose to collect all the previous people in my party, does that include Min? Cause I can't seem to find her now. I've scoured every city for her (Except Ardford, but I can't go there yet at this point). I've gotten everyone else,but not her and it is kind irking me at the moment.
That_One_Guy

Postby Darthjake » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:06 am

If the last time you saw Min was the investment round where you funded her to set up shop in Ardford, then yes, that's where she is at, you'll meet up with her in this current public release when you get to go to Ardford. She's not really a harem / party member but more of an investment in and of herself, as I understand it.
Darthjake

Postby That_One_Guy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks, I guess my brain didn't process that point and believed she was traveling places.
That_One_Guy

Postby musical74 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:51 pm

I always viewed Min as an extension of Megail in that Min is a merchant. Heck Min surprises Megail a few times! I make a point of rescuing Min when in the elven forests the first time and there's been several times I'm thrilled I did! When you are given most or less free reign everywhere and return to the forests though...the "Mother's guard" seems like a more militant version of the Inquisition, I'd almost say it's akin to a cult. Do you guys feel this way too? Certainly there's the woman who feels humans should stay out (and seems to have some influence) but...why can't I seek out the potion hermit again? She says she occasionally needs plants, how is blocking everyone from seeing her going to help her get the plants she needs? "Doom King declares war on Mother's Guard (but not the Elven kingdoms) so he is able to see the Potion Hermit again"
musical74

Postby musical74 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Been a few days...guess it's OK to post anew instead of editing the previous post.

Is there any real reason to collect the shining swords? I mean, the wiki implies it's worth it, but no one seems to care about unloading them off of me. No stores buy them, and while Durge Steel sells shining armor, they don't buy anything, so that seems to be a waste too... Are they as Yarra says, "useless chosen weapon"? I have at least 10...

Forgot to mention this earlier, but I found Andra's fall from grace...BEYOND amusing. She goes from High Priestess to THAT? :D
musical74

Postby hornyninja » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:10 am

Shining swords, armor, incubus gear, all seem to be end game collectibles. The shining swords have been hinted to be parts that will be accumulated for something very late game.
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Darthjake » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:23 am

Still have not seen a use for them yet, but perhaps the energy can be harvested somehow? Not sure, but I'm sure Sierra has a plan....
Darthjake

Postby CloudRipper » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 am

hornyninja Wrote:Shining swords, armor, incubus gear, all seem to be end game collectibles. The shining swords have been hinted to be parts that will be accumulated for something very late game.

If that's the case, I may need to run another run through as I think I got rid of a bunch by selling to make money
CloudRipper

Postby hornyninja » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:02 am

I'd say if you could sell it then it wasn't a collectible item. It seems only the shining swords and incubus gear will have importance. I sold a lot of old gear prepping for the arclent war.

Using the wiki guide is great way to find all the shining swords though!
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri May 04, 2018 11:39 pm

TLS 0.34.0 is out for patrons!

You'll be getting another round of income for all those investments, and the party will be delving deeper into reality than they have before:

After the politics of last time, the characters will also take a chance to relax. For example, a certain bear girl will be making a big decision:

But I know people really play this game for the hawt, sexy philosophical discussions. I finally implemented a miniquest where visiting various bars around the world with Orcent will give scenes that include spicy personal reflections, naughty character development, and taboo theological discussions. Get it now before Patreon bans me!

In all seriousness, this update is more than a breather between events. The party's journey will... not be uneventful.

This one should be going public in a week!
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:08 am

If Patreon bans you, it's because your great work is causing other devs to feel inferior! Things have gotten stabilized here so looking forwards to seeing the new content!

For everyone else: What do you guys do to be able to beat the Magekillers when it's just Robin and Sho? Sho's too fragile and all 4 magekillers teaming up on Robin usually results in game over. Yeah I can neutralize some of the attacks but there's two that hit hard enough to make it difficult...and I usually can't get rid of the two that hit hard before Sho is wiped out. Any help?
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Sat May 05, 2018 4:57 am

musical74 Wrote:If Patreon bans you, it's because your great work is causing other devs to feel inferior! Things have gotten stabilized here so looking forwards to seeing the new content!

For everyone else: What do you guys do to be able to beat the Magekillers when it's just Robin and Sho? Sho's too fragile and all 4 magekillers teaming up on Robin usually results in game over. Yeah I can neutralize some of the attacks but there's two that hit hard enough to make it difficult...and I usually can't get rid of the two that hit hard before Sho is wiped out. Any help?

I just nuked them with Robin, I think I still blew up the poison biff first, just from my pure hatred of her from the Hilstara, Varia, Carina fight, and the I nuked them left to right.

My Robin was level 46, with a Battlestaff, Thug's Orb, Magic Circlet, Otherworldry Robes, and a Barrier Pin.

Sho on the other hand was level 18 with a Shining Sceptre, Thug's Orb, Yhilini Mage Cap, Crusader Robes, and a Mage Pin.
Darthjake

Postby Darthjake » Sat May 05, 2018 5:07 am

Darthjake Wrote:
musical74 Wrote:If Patreon bans you, it's because your great work is causing other devs to feel inferior! Things have gotten stabilized here so looking forwards to seeing the new content!

I just nuked them with Robin, I think I still blew up the poison biff first, just from my pure hatred of her from the Hilstara, Varia, Carina fight, and the I nuked them left to right.

My Robin was level 46, with a Battlestaff, Thug's Orb, Magic Circlet, Otherworldry Robes, and a Barrier Pin.

Sho on the other hand was level 18 with a Shining Sceptre, Thug's Orb, Yhilini Mage Cap, Crusader Robes, and a Mage Pin.

Correction, I must have tried to to that first, take the 3rd one from the left first with fire, the the far left with ice, then the green one with ice, (remember to heal as necessary), the poison magekiller kept failing to affect Robin, then burn her with fire last.
Darthjake

Postby musical74 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:11 pm

As I never get the crusader robes (I don't bother with the war vault) anything work as a substitute? I do need to remember to don the otherworldly clothes, while their physical defense is lousy, magic defense is great - and they are entirely magic attacks...think for that fight I need to remember "what will focus on magic defense. even if physical defense is lousy"
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Sat May 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Iron robes, maybe, Shining Robe? Sho still goes down like a drunk cheerleader usually on the 1st or 2nd turn, once she made it 3 whole turns.

I have her supplement Robin's damage on turn 1, then heal Robin until she goes down.
Darthjake

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects