The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/26]

Postby evildumdum » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Oh dear lol. Poor sierra.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Darthjake Wrote:Several of the authors here on LoK that have pics now have these "upgrade your account" on them, (take a look at page one if you missed it), I've seen at least 3 so far that the pics have been removed and that generic message put up, all it does for me is make me irritated at photobucket, but that's for the authors to decide what they want to do.

Yeah, Photobucket seems to have changed its policies, so a lot of my images went down. I fixed the ones in my signature and main pages, but the OPs on a lot of threads now have broken links. I'll get them replaced with images hosted elsewhere, I just don't want to waste time on that kind of thing when I want to be spending all my time finishing upcoming releases.
Sierra Lee

Postby musical74 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Replaying it from the start, I noticed something about the Fucklord during Yarra's path that made me wonder if Sierra modeled him after Larry Laffer of Leisure Suit Larry fame. There's certainly similarities: Fucklord thinks he's incredibly smooth, as does Larry; both assume they are God's gift to women - never mind women think otherwise; and both Fucklord and Larry assume all women must love him. I can't say for sure Sierra had Larry in mind when she decided to have a playboy wannabe shard-bearer, but given the similarities I can't help but wonder...
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:33 am

This is Darryl, my other brother Darryl, and our weird cousin Larry. I can see it now. :D
Darthjake

Postby Silverdragon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:59 pm

How do you guys have not enough sx.... I mean the dwarven armors and weapons do kill your wallet...but before that...I had everybody fully equiped with the best gear with 60k sx left....also butplug the sucubi except Naili...Qum is best buffer/healer
Silverdragon

Postby Darthjake » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:27 pm

I usually have enough SX, I just have 2 games one where I hoard, the other where I spend it like water. :D
Darthjake

Postby musical74 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Early on, you have to make a bunch of choices as far as weapons/armor because when you have 6k and the weapons you want cost that much (initial meeting with Megail) but as you move along weapons/armor aren't as much of a concern. Generally by the time you hit chapter 3 money isn't a concern at all, it's just early on you need to be more conscious of spending. This is where planning ahead helps "OK, I should focus on weapons, because I can get free Iron stuff and a steel helm and armor while in Stineford, and I'll be able to get some things on Devil's pass" so as long as you aren't doing the "buy as much as possible in new town" you should be OK.

EDIT: I've noticed something. Occasionally, Aka will stop losing HP during her route. Made it easier to deal with the mine problem, but shouldn't she lose HP every turn because Simon isn't around? Also, was in Megail's path (so no Trin) but I could still zap the scribe guy while I was taking advantage of the banker guy in Yihlin...was that an oversight?
musical74

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:48 pm

I have a new completed game out! I'll put an image and the synopsis here, but you can find out more information at this public Patreon post or the game's page. It will be available in all stores in two weeks, but currently it is exclusive to Nutaku.

YouTube Trailer: https://youtu.be/FGnOLbI2et8

Synopsis

John is a young man suffering from severe depression. As he loses his sense of purpose in life, he begins to see the world in unfocused gray. Just when he begins to lose all hope, John meets a girl... a very special girl.

Though Lizzie appears affectionate and devoted, it quickly becomes clear that she's so violent and unstable that a normal boy would run away from her. But when John sees her, he sees someone else suffering from a mental condition. John is willing to risk his safety for a chance to help Lizzie gain some mental stability. Lizzie is willing to murder everyone in school if she believes it would make him happy.

Your every choice will impact both characters' mental states, changing their fate. John might reject Lizzie, succumb to his depression, or die violently. Lizzie might lose control and ruin her chances, or become obsessed with shadowy conspiracies that may or may not exist. Or just maybe the two of them might be exactly what the other needs, and their story could end in happiness...

Crimson Gray is a psychological thriller, exploring the psyches of the characters and the strange circumstances that brought them together. It has a focus on subtle actions having consequences, your choices impacting the characters' mental stability in ways that could make choices down the line have very different results.

TLS Update

I am still aiming for Friday, July 7th. This update will be larger than normal and may require more bugtesting. Meanwhile, I hope Crimson Gray will tide you over!

musical74 Wrote:EDIT: I've noticed something. Occasionally, Aka will stop losing HP during her route. Made it easier to deal with the mine problem, but shouldn't she lose HP every turn because Simon isn't around? Also, was in Megail's path (so no Trin) but I could still zap the scribe guy while I was taking advantage of the banker guy in Yihlin...was that an oversight?

Aka will stop losing HP if she dies and is revived - it's a known bug I haven't figured out a way to fix yet. The latter may be an oversight, I will try to look into it.
Sierra Lee

Postby evildumdum » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:29 am

It always boggles me how you have time to do all these things.
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby Azurite » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Hey Sierra, just out of curiosity, are you the one who made the art of Crimson Gray or is it another collaboration ?
Azurite

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:06 pm

evildumdum Wrote:It always boggles me how you have time to do all these things.

I really love what I do. ^-^

Azurite Wrote:Hey Sierra, just out of curiosity, are you the one who made the art of Crimson Gray or is it another collaboration ?

Nope, I cannot art! The art for this project is done by Redd:
http://reddverse.tumblr.com/
Sierra Lee

Postby lostone2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Azurite Wrote:Hey Sierra, just out of curiosity, are you the one who made the art of Crimson Gray or is it another collaboration ?

The art is done by Reddart.
lostone2

Postby Azurite » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Thank you, both of you, for the answer.
Azurite

Postby musical74 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:21 am

Having gotten as far as I can - right before the Yilhini war with the Incubus Emperor - I will say I am blown away with how detailed you have made this. Funny bit characters (like the *Ivalan succubus*) get a fair amount of text. Talking with people might occasionally have multiple conversations, and it's like you made a conscious effort to make sure each person that Simon has recruited gets a fair amount of screen time. Aka, being the first, I could see but you've made sure even quite recent additions (Wynn, and the two elfmaids) get screentime and no one harem member is left behind. EVERY harem member has a story and you mostly find out about each of them (Cumdump may be the exception on backstory, but she's so adorable!) This is definitely the gold standard for writing a story that keeps people engaged and wanting more!
musical74

Postby hoboy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:30 am

All I can add is - who doesn't just love Q'um to death? I keep coming back to Decanter's line - "whoring Q'um out would be like beating a puppy"
hoboy

Postby Darthjake » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:53 pm

hoboy Wrote:All I can add is - who doesn't just love Q'um to death? I keep coming back to Decanter's line - "whoring Q'um out would be like beating a puppy"

But but, the extra 5k to 15k Pron...... :oops:

But yeah in my later games, I've avoided selling Qum's services.
Darthjake

Postby flatliner10 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 am

Wow i cant believe how many hours have dumped into that... in a good way.

Story-wise it is probably one of the best RPG-Maker Games i got to play so far, even though i often lost track of side quests
and optional tasks, even if i got the hint.
Without the Wiki i probably would have missed a lot of content, even with the wiki i messed up at some points but didn't wanted
to go back (Missed Robin's Alchemy thigy somehow).
All that potential Dialogue Options which might have later consequences and how to get them have been quite confusing at some times.
However, this is one of the few Games where your earlier actions actually do change a lot later down the road.

Some of the Dialogues were plain Hilarious, got a good laugh out of some (Aka & Q'um are great Comedy), and the Sidekicks towards the usual Generic RPG-Maker Hero are Pure Gold "Gotta do all the Quests"

The Game got some nice Mechanics and the Synergy Abilities are a nice Idea, you can really chain some spells for maximum impact,
otherwise the gameplay is not too different from other Games, and i really don't get why for example "silencing" affect Physical abilities,
poor Aka obviously cant handle her Daggers well when she cant speak.

I like the fact that dead Monsters stay dead and there is a limited amount of XP to earn, no stupid Grinding YAY,
However the battles varies heavily in difficulty, Midgame there where some mean ones (Abadoned Port), after that some have been
almost too easy.

No GC's or animations but the the Scenes are nicely written.

I also managed to crash the game only once, never ending black screen during Succubi Hunt, didn't happen at 2nd attempt.

Overall an outstanding Game with many Plat-twists i can wholeheartedly recommend, if you one don't need fancy Graphics or renderings.

Now excuse me, need to find that Broom, seems to be Important.
flatliner10

Postby musical74 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:11 am

Now excuse me, need to find that Broom, seems to be Important.

I know there's an inside joke here, but I'll be darned if I know what it's to. Possibly a nod to a show I haven't seen, because I KNOW Sierra referenced a Pinky and the Brain bit while Yarra and Qum are at the Gathering. I also like that depending where you are, the payout for the broom differs.

By in large the main enemies aren't too hard, it's the *gotta get them all* mentality that makes it challenging. The spiders in the abandoned house (the shining sword can stay there, I'm not going to try and get it), the Deep cache area when you first go towards Yilhin (save before the boss Heart of Horror, because even with the best plans he can crush you...) and a few other areas that are optional that are *GOOD GOD this is hard!!* like the harbor - but the ability to save while you are in these tough spots makes it easier!
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:00 am

Regarding the spiders, have you tried completing all the other quests first, and getting the thieves pins?

I'll be the first one to admit that there is quite a bit of RNG in those fights, but I've gotten that shining sword more often then I've gotten the shining sword from the fallen chosen!

Again for the harbor stock up on some mana potions and you should breeze through it, just be warned you will use them. I normally have 20 or 30 on hand and go through 10 - 15 mana pots depending on how bad rng jesus treats me.
Darthjake

Postby Zaiaku666 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:15 pm

Posting from my phone, cuz my computer's LCD screen decided to wonk out so bad. It'll probably be cheaper to buy a new computer. Does all my data spent for this game, harem, Harem collector, and other games has basically been erased. Now I have to begin from the very start. Damn!
Zaiaku666

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects