[RPG XP] Project K.R (Update 13/09/14)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[RPG XP] Project K.R (Update 13/09/14)

Postby SquareX » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi everyone,
One month ago I began this project when I have some spare time, this game follows adventure of Krystal and Renamon on a planete which suffer from a strange illness.
It's a simple RPG with h-scenes if you loose your fight (I took the same gameplay that "LoK RPG" made by Octogon). But before to introduce this game I have some remarks :

-This game is made by RPG MAKER XP, I know that few people uses it but I prefer XP to VX
-English is not my mother tongue, I try to do it as best I can to avoid faults but some mistakes can be forgotten
-I use 3D CG, even there I know that some poeple prefer the drawing to 3D, unfortunatelly I'm not an artist (I don't even manage to draw a cube :? )

The game
Update:
9/7/14: Correction bug of cave's entrance and others minors problems of mapping
17/8/14: Adds story and rebalancing fights (Less HP for Krystal, adds a skill to decrease HP to 1 and few other things)
13/9/14: Adds story and other corrections (In particular those quoted in comments)

I have not yet found a title so I called it Project K.R (if you have an idea don't hesitate to post it ;) )
Story isn't very developed (I will work again on it )
Important: Resolution has been increased with a script (before : 640X480, now: 1024X576) but this script doesn't apply for fighting and menu (it 's always 640X480)
screenshots:
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot3.png

You can find game here:
Warning: Currently, only Deposit File's link is up to date (I have some problems with Mega)
MEGA Old version: https://mega.co.nz/#!k0AkUYCR!_2oaBH6JUmwOZv4VuNdjc589s9iz0HSK549DiAzczPo
Deposit File New version : https://depositfiles.com/files/5rk052r3v

If you don't have RTP for XP : http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages
I hope you enjoy in spite of its some defaults :)

ps: If you find bugs or another problems, post it and I can correct.
Last edited by SquareX on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
SquareX
Newly Registered

Re: [RPG XP] Project K.R

Postby Norby17 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:44 pm

This is looking great so far! :) Just one question though, after going through the cave entrance the game just freezes and I can't do anything. Is that as far as you've got up to or is there more to it?
Norby17
Newly Registered

Postby kazuo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm

I'm getting an error. RGSS104E.dll could not be found. anyone ,now how to fix this?
kazuo

Postby moonblack » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Install the RTP for RPG Maker XP (it's linked in the opening post).
moonblack

Postby Chan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 am

No Clue if anybody else is getting this but. Once i enter the cave. To get onto the next map. (Straight after the hut scene [Ive tried to follow the woman before and noticed a WAY to enter the house which is an overlay problem mostly.) I am unable to move. Nor start any additional battles etc...
Chan

Postby command » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:48 am

As soon as I enter the cave in at the beach and it transitions to this place with 4 guy's around a bon fire the game freezes.
command

Postby Keegan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:04 am

after the lizard I keep trying to go into the cave and it dose nothing. I am in there and can't move.. So far I like what you are doing but I can't seem to see more right now.
Keegan

Postby dkbdn365 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:01 am

Is this a glitch? After doing the fight in the hut I try and go into the cave to see the next area and the game just stops there and freezes when you enter the room.
dkbdn365
Newly Registered

Postby BlueLight » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:35 am

How dare you not use VX for your RPG maker version. You have betrayed all hentai RPG makers everywhere.
Jokes aside, use what ever version you want? I've noticed that sprite tend to be taller in RPG XP than VX ace.
What are your thoughts on the ace version or have you tried it yet?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby SquareX » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:32 am

Keegan Wrote:after the lizard I keep trying to go into the cave and it dose nothing. I am in there and can't move.. So far I like what you are doing but I can't seem to see more right now.
command Wrote:As soon as I enter the cave in at the beach and it transitions to this place with 4 guy's around a bon fire the game freezes.

(And other people who have problems with this part): I had no problem when I test the game but in my view, the script of resolution has certainly a problem with a line of code.
I try to correct that and re-upload as soon as possible. Thank you for having indicated me this problem

BlueLight Wrote:How dare you not use VX for your RPG maker version. You have betrayed all hentai RPG makers everywhere.
Jokes aside, use what ever version you want? I've noticed that sprite tend to be taller in RPG XP than VX ace.

Yeah,I betrayed everybody :twisted:
Seriously, I tried to use VX but no more than that, what bothered me in ACE was the mapping I don't like it system .
I will continue with XP and when it will be finish I convert XP into ACE (I saw somewhere that it's possible)
SquareX
Newly Registered

Postby Seyser Koze » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:57 am

BlueLight Wrote:How dare you not use VX for your RPG maker version. You have betrayed all hentai RPG makers everywhere.

XP's RTP sprites are taller. You can actually make sprites be any size you want, so you could import XP's sprites into VX and they'd work fine (although the characters would look like giants because all the built-in tilesets are designed for sprites half as tall.)
Seyser Koze

Postby Anonymous94 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:09 pm

I'm having problems with getting the game to work with RPG Maker XP, as there is nothing to select when I try to open the game. How do I get this work properly?
Anonymous94

Postby dkbdn365 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Not a bad start with the game! I enjoy the scenes, even if the amount of health you're given makes it a bit time consuming to see them. Good luck with this as you keep on with the updates.
dkbdn365
Newly Registered

Postby BlueLight » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:32 pm

You need the rpg xp rtp
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby kazuo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Right, well I got it to work and I got all the way to the Lizard village. I love it! though I do agree that it takes a while to widdle the character's HP down enough to see a game over. Although normally I would suggest a surrender skill to just down the character's HP, The first part of the wolf pack fight might make it difficult as it might not have a H-scene attached to the end or skip to the next part. I can't wait to see more!
kazuo

Postby Frascle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:17 pm

After installing RPG Maker XP rtp I can now start up the game, without erroring, but the window opens up to a blank, black screen. Can anyone help me resolve this?
Frascle
Newly Registered

Postby EvilDen » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:02 am

Can't download game from mega.co.nz(
Can you upload it to another storage?
EvilDen
Newly Registered

Re: [RPG XP] Project K.R (Update 17/08/14)

Postby kazuo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Really glad to see you're still working on this game. I do have one minor complain, when you update the game could you change the file name to go with the date it's published, just so we know we are downloading the newest version?
kazuo

Postby SquareX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 am

kazuo Wrote:Really glad to see you're still working on this game. I do have one minor complain, when you update the game could you change the file name to go with the date it's published, just so we know we are downloading the newest version?

Files were renamed, thanks for this remark ;)
SquareX
Newly Registered

Postby dkbdn365 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Good work on the new edition of this! For those who need to know on a quick glance, the update adds a surrender option in your skills. On top of that, the village section can now be left after talking to the chief and finding Renamon. This leads to a new forest area with a new enemy! Hope to see the game getting more progress.
dkbdn365
Newly Registered

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects