Collars Rebirth

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Collars

Postby kvier » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Oh, I stumbled onto another one: if I'm holding down shift all the time (to run around faster), sometimes when I have Izuna sleep in her bed, it fades to black, fails to advance the day, and the screen remains black. I can then (blindly) talk to the bed again and, if I've released shift, it will then restore HP/ST and advance the day as it should.
kvier

Postby AkiraTepes » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm getting the following bugs with the June 10th version.
1. Promotion to Intern breaks the game. It allows you to select the promotion, he gives it to you then turn back to facing downward then nothing happens. You can't move or open the menu. It appears to be doing a "wait until movement is complete" event freeze.
2. The extraction/collection is a wonderful implement but I have reached level 10 and can go around hitting level 1 spots and failing almost a dozen times in a row.
3. Trying to open the "code" door in the basement will not let you leave the "code input" screen. You can't put anything in and you can't back out of i. You can move the cursor and "select" characters but they don't get inputted into the text field and it just keeps jumping the cursor to OK.
4. You can enter the graveyard if you walk around the signs, but coming back you get stuck inside one of the signs but you can get yourself out with the pager. And if you leave the graveyard via the pager it keeps the darkened screen.
5. I started a new game and now there is a random pile of bricks blocking the pub door when there wasn't before.
6. You can't use the medical book from the book store to learn any recipes.
7. Miko's tea event takes over the inn so that every time you enter it after that it activates that event. She also doesn't react to further attempts to talk to her.
8. Mint's house interior is inaccessible due to being blocked by Silver, Miko, and a third character sprite.

All the above errors I found on day 1.

The combat in the graveyard works fine as does the enemy item drops and such. Though it is rather difficult to read Izuna's status on the character HUD.
How do you use the collars?
Check out my RPG Maker translation projects at http://rpgmakertranslations.blogspot.com/
AkiraTepes

Postby Nekomatic » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:39 am

Kvier, so it just gets stuck on a black screen and wont let you progress until you sleep again, then?
Nekomatic

Postby Nekomatic » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:52 am

AkiraTepes:

1 - there is a job scene that checks for your promotion level, it has been fixed so it no longer runs without both requirements.[its crashing because the 2nd requirement is unmet.]
2- That could be because the success rate was a bit low for Lv 1 plants. It has been raised a bit.
3- Unfortunately, it seems the only way to 'cancel' is to enter a wrong passcode. I have put in a choice to the door now.
4- The graveyard is unfinished for a few reasons, so it's not advised to go there yet. However, the dark screen occurence has been fixed with the pagers.
5 -There are piles of debris around the abandoned pub before Vladimir remodels it. This is normal.
6 - It is obsolete in that it teaches the skill Medicine I [you learn this from the hospital] so im thinking about a secondary use for it...
7- It had no end switch, this has been fixed. Miko's dialogue is unfinished past that date so she has no lines.
8- This is inaccessible due to still deciding whether or not to continue.

The collars will be used on npcs [option pops up] and you must be a certain relationship level before using them will work.
Nekomatic

Postby Darthan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:27 am

Nekomatic Wrote:Kvier, so it just gets stuck on a black screen and wont let you progress until you sleep again, then?

The likely cause of this issue is that the default run key and the skip buttons are both set to shift. The skip script is likely causing certain parts of the bed's event to be skipped thus causing the event to not trigger everything correctly. This is actually one of the reason's that I advised changing the skip button to something different as it is pretty common for skip scripts to cause strange issues with events when the skip button is being used. I can't really suggest what key to change it to without knowing what keys, if any, outside of the default keys are being used.
Darthan

Postby AkiraTepes » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:32 am

Nekomatic Wrote:AkiraTepes:

1 - there is a job scene that checks for your promotion level, it has been fixed so it no longer runs without both requirements.[its crashing because the 2nd requirement is unmet.]
2- That could be because the success rate was a bit low for Lv 1 plants. It has been raised a bit.
3- Unfortunately, it seems the only way to 'cancel' is to enter a wrong passcode. I have put in a choice to the door now.
4- The graveyard is unfinished for a few reasons, so it's not advised to go there yet. However, the dark screen occurence has been fixed with the pagers.
5 -There are piles of debris around the abandoned pub before Vladimir remodels it. This is normal.
6 - It is obsolete in that it teaches the skill Medicine I [you learn this from the hospital] so im thinking about a secondary use for it...
7- It had no end switch, this has been fixed. Miko's dialogue is unfinished past that date so she has no lines.
8- This is inaccessible due to still deciding whether or not to continue.

The collars will be used on npcs [option pops up] and you must be a certain relationship level before using them will work.

2- Is there a way to make it check your current extraction level then apply a success rate to it and if your level is high enough possibly making it so that you gather extra?
4- You've blocked all the other routes out of town in some form or other, to avoid this could you do the same here? Though personally I've been using the monsters there to earn money and get the stat raising items they drop.
5- I was able to access the pub on my first game while the interior was in ruins but the next playthrough the door outside was blocked.
6- Could you use it to have it teach you some medicinal recipes like the item description says?

And another one I hit was when you reach being good friends with Silver he just gives empty dialog to "talk" and "give item". And when you select "hang out" it doesn't tell you how to stop "hanging out" but I figured out you have to "talk" where he was standing.
Check out my RPG Maker translation projects at http://rpgmakertranslations.blogspot.com/
AkiraTepes

Postby Nekomatic » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:31 am

AkiraTepes Wrote:
2- Is there a way to make it check your current extraction level then apply a success rate to it and if your level is high enough possibly making it so that you gather extra?
4- You've blocked all the other routes out of town in some form or other, to avoid this could you do the same here? Though personally I've been using the monsters there to earn money and get the stat raising items they drop.
5- I was able to access the pub on my first game while the interior was in ruins but the next playthrough the door outside was blocked.
6- Could you use it to have it teach you some medicinal recipes like the item description says?

And another one I hit was when you reach being good friends with Silver he just gives empty dialog to "talk" and "give item". And when you select "hang out" it doesn't tell you how to stop "hanging out" but I figured out you have to "talk" where he was standing.

2 - Not that I am aware of, but you only level up if you are 9 or fewer levels above the requirement for the item.
4 - I added an extra block to it for now. Maybe it will be available next release.
5- It sounds like you entered while in the construction stage. This sounds the most probable since during that stage, most of the debris remains except the pile of bricks infront of the door.
6 - That is what i am considering.

Well with all following npcs, you just walk over their originating spots to end the follow. Silver's item list has yet to be fully completed and is not up yet. So he will be blank when the option is selected.
Nekomatic

Postby AkiraTepes » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Nekomatic Wrote:
AkiraTepes Wrote:

2 - Not that I am aware of, but you only level up if you are 9 or fewer levels above the requirement for the item.
4 - I added an extra block to it for now. Maybe it will be available next release.
5- It sounds like you entered while in the construction stage. This sounds the most probable since during that stage, most of the debris remains except the pile of bricks infront of the door.
6 - That is what i am considering.

Well with all following npcs, you just walk over their originating spots to end the follow. Silver's item list has yet to be fully completed and is not up yet. So he will be blank when the option is selected.

Sounds good. And I was able to enter the pub when I the very first time I saw it.
AkiraTepes

Postby Nekomatic » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:16 am

AkiraTepes Wrote:

Sounds good. And I was able to enter the pub when I the very first time I saw it.

Strange, will have to try to replicate that...
Nekomatic

Postby Nekomatic » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:17 am

Currently, we are adding more hentai into the game as to make the update a bit more exciting.
Nekomatic

Postby AkiraTepes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Nekomatic Wrote:Currently, we are adding more hentai into the game as to make the update a bit more exciting.

Sounds great! Can't wait to see it! Speaking of which, only the picture in the house has images yet right?
AkiraTepes

Postby Nekomatic » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Not in the next release, since that was our placeholder to test how the images looked in game.

However, if you can manage to get into the basement hideout....
Nekomatic

Postby Nekomatic » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:24 am

New release has been published, as well as a changelog on the blogger page.
Nekomatic

Postby Darthan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:06 am

Two things I have noticed:
1. It seems that you left a testing item in the refrigerator.
2. It seems you messed something up when trying to fix the hospital promotions because you can no longer interact with the computer in the hospital.
Darthan

Postby Nekomatic » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:31 am

Yes, I forgot about the hack item. removing it.

And on inspection, it seems the terminal logs have been deleted somehow. I'll put up a not so hacked release after rewriting the entries.
Nekomatic

Postby Darthan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:10 am

Messing with stuff I have found a few more things.

1.Talking to Elle in the back room after witnessing the orgy gets her picture stuck on screen.
2.Talking to Elle in the hospital after the second date results in no dialog and her picture getting stuck on screen.
3.The bottles on the south table in the hospital do nothing. I am guessing they are supposed to teach you Medicine II once you are an Intern, but they just give the message "These are highly concentrated poisons."
4.You can walk into the wall in the upper left corner of the room with the TV on the first floor of the corporation job.

Edit...
5.Vlad seems to have the same problem as Elle once you get your relationship high enough.
6.Miko seems to now want to talk at all anymore once her relationship is high enough.
7.Working in the gun shop still spawns you in the wall after you are done.
8.The note that comes with the collars still says that they have tags with the names of your friends and relatives even though they don't anymore.

On a different note, something I have wanted to point out for awhile but keep forgetting. You may want to mention that you get the Medical Box from the doctor the first time you talk to him after taking the job. I took me forever to figure out how to learn those skills since I had no idea the item got added to my inventory.
Darthan

Postby Nekomatic » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:35 am

Well, I nipped most of these problems down.

I just fixed all but #6. If you are referring to RIGHT after she becomes best friends with you [reminiscing about either vladimir, tenshi, both or nobody...] then its normal [out of dialogue.] but before that, I will have to check on.
Nekomatic

Postby OmegaScales » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:52 pm

1. "You recieved (an egg/some milk/etc.)!

Try again tommorrow."
Should be received and tomorrow.

2.I'm not sure if this is intentional, but in the bath house, if you press enter/z on the counter under the garbage, Elle will follow you, and next to it, Miko will.

3.With Miko following you, she says "Do tell me why you lured me here... I already said no once." on every floor of the department store.

Nekomatic Wrote:
AkiraTepes Wrote:

Can you at least increase the success rate per extraction level?
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby Darthan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Nekomatic Wrote:I just fixed all but #6. If you are referring to RIGHT after she becomes best friends with you [reminiscing about either vladimir, tenshi, both or nobody...] then its normal [out of dialogue.] but before that, I will have to check on.

Yea, it is after becoming best friends. I figured there might be something wrong because trying to interact with Miko at that point would result in absolutely nothing. With the other characters it still brought up the menu to interact with them, though trying to resulted in nothing, but Miko doesn't even do that. Wasn't sure if that was intentional or not.
Darthan

Postby Nekomatic » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeah, some npcs still bring up the menu after reaching all the dialogue they have written for them because they have the next level mapped out, just not filled in.
Miko doesn't even have the next dialogue set up in, so thats why.

Akiratepes:

Oh wow, those are some bad typos....fixed.
Nope, that was a debug option that i missed. I seem to have a lot of those left....
Thats the copy & paste I made for the basic system of follower reactions for her, I just need to change them soon.

I can't promise anything, as I have not found a way in the script so far, but I will try. If anything, I can make the lower level extracts pretty much a sure thing.
Nekomatic

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects