World of Haroth(H-Project1)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: H-Project1 -DEMO2

Postby xeragoth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:27 am

here is my entire opinion, i put it in spoilers since its full of them

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

ok i have finished the demo i must say it was more than what i expected the enemies where not hard but more like they had so much health, the only enemy i had a problem with was the ice demon the leader he has way too mch health so the time i forgot to use the healing fountain he beat me

the invisible labyrinth was the only thing that annoyed me since i kept falling but thanks to god i remember the save place and save each time i found a new path

im not sure if i found all the sex scene the one i found was yellow haired schoolar, raped by woman, raped by woman and daughther, the sex scene with jenniffer mother, little girl scene and wolf scene. plz tell me if i miss something

the hero system was awesome (but without the healer i dont think you can win the dungeon not sure but i felt i needed the healer a lot), but i didn't understand how to use the parchment (i bought one at the end of the demo)

i choose the thief i love this class but i felt the warrior (don't remember hes name) was sometimes faster than me i think he should be slower or the thief faster

you should make the slime easier to kill since you only kill them for money, another thing is only the last boss the ice demon lvl you up i suppose that is cool but at the same time would mean that each class should unlock more stuff each time they lvl up, since only bosses lvl you up

last but not least dude you are such a tease with the susy last mission thing but heck im excited to see the next update

Really Amazing work love it, if i remember any other thing i will post it but from what i play as i said before really good work
xeragoth

Postby Goblin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:24 am

Hey, thanks a lot for your feedback,
-The only H scene you missed is with the mayor's daughter which is the second hidden scene,
-Actually the labyrinth was a bitch for me too when i tested it, -And i'm the one who made it, Lol. maybe i'll add saving point at the chamber for easier access
-The hero system is actually very depend on what class you choose,
For example if you choose Mage you would probably want to hire the Axemaster for extra protection since you're harmable but with high damage, and if you're a Warrior so your attack isn't very effective but your DEF really high so you want to hire the assassin with low DEF but high damage or else it'll take you forever to beat an enemy.... And thief with Cleric obviously
-Although you right that without healing you pretty much doomed, But you actually get a a lot of free potions so it kinda balancing
-I took your notes about the slime and level skills, I'll probably use it on the next demo
-About the memory parchment(H thing)- The system is not ready yet. But did you find the item "Parchment: Cave Orgy"?
*****I tried to explain about the system but i'm stuck in front of the keyboard for like 10 minutes,
It's very very simple actually, But i fail to describe it, Just see it on the next demo*****

Without a good old troll tease i feel so hollow - Sorry xD
Goblin

Postby xeragoth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:05 am

how do i get the secret scene or when exactly and no didnt get the parchment orgy

there is a glitch when you talk to the guy all the way to the left on the bar, the game crashes because is missing face bamboo village west market
xeragoth

Postby Goblin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:08 am

The secret scene

is available between the time the mayor gets killed and until you talk to the man in the ship. If you notice the sheets in the second room of the mayor second floor are moving every 5 second

Sorry for the game crushes, It's a major one -.- can't believe i missed it, Thank you for finding it
Originally that man had a quest for you but then i decided to create the Quests Notice Board, I'll remove him at once.
Goblin

Postby xeragoth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 am

wait there is quest notice board on the west village?

and i found the scene really nice but the funny face cracked me up what the heck good work XD
xeragoth

Postby moonblack » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:54 am

In addition to the already-reported NPC that crashes the game I have the following to report:
- all the drunks in the tavern need to have Direction Fix turned ON, so that they won't transform into different people depending on the direction you talk to them from
- there's a chicken in the village that transports you to the map where you get captured by 10 cultists. I assume it is some sort of debug event you forgot to remove

I still haven't finished the game, so there might be more.
moonblack

Postby Goblin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:18 am

I made some serious noob mistakes on this demo -.- Should've tested it some more, I'm trying really hard though.
I understand the roots of all this bugs but i really have no idea what's up with that chicken xD that's really weird, I don't remember doing such a thing.
Also, i found another issue on this demo, If you choose to fight one of the Ice gargoyles you actually get a fight with the boss. If you choose "Worship" and after that "Die!" you get boss fight
So please avoid it, I really messed up, Next time i won't release a demo before check every single option

*edit: there isn't notice board on the west village yet, But i already made it for the next demo, I just wanted the quests in it to be related to the new 'Playroom: Suzie's in Trouble' dungeon(side dungeon)
-My first design for the game was random people that give side quests, but i dropped the idea and deleted all the faces and sprites cause it was too confusing, But i forgot to erase that one guy in the tavern, So he crushes the game
Goblin

Postby moonblack » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Yeah, that one chicken has a "transfer player" command while the others do not. Maybe you copied the command by mistake.

Some more issues:
- During the brief time you play as Jennifer alone the game does not recognize that Clay is not in the party, so his face keeps coming up in various messages (such as when talking to Zoe)
- When Jen chooses her class the game says she's now level 2. But she was already level after beating the Ice Demon boss
- Jen's Scholar class is supposed to have some sort of self healing skill, but that skill is not available at level 2, which makes Jen rather useless - no skills and rather low attack
- In the Cult cave the scene where tells Jen to wait play regardless of whether he is going towards the orgy, or coming back from it
- Speaking of the Cult cave, currently you can't go back to it after you finish the demo (Clay keeps saying "I have no business in the woods at the moment...") even though the text mentions new scenes unlocked there Oh, wait there is a way, just different and a bit easy to miss
- Also, in the cult cave initially you step away from some of the couple participating in the orgy, but others allow you to join them. I get the feeling joining them is supposed to be possible only after you get told about new scenes unlocked
- Earlier at the fest, I fought the chicken and the Rooster, but left the chick for later. After finishing the other two games as well I got the conversation with Jen and she left the party. After that I fought the Chick, won, and Jen was added to the party, so for a while she was in the party and as an event on the map
- When you go back to the starting village the quest board giving you Suzie's quest is active again and you can see Suzie at the dock (but you can still visit her in her home and get a kiss). I didn;t try accepting the quest a second time

I'd recommend removing the random encounters in the forest - the slimes there are just annoying and I never fought any of them (I just fled from any combat). The slimes in the clearing are more than enough.
moonblack

Postby xeragoth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:51 pm

well dude the demo are for us to test them and find mistakes, bugs and glitches so dont feel bad. must of those he mention i saw them too except the chicken one (didnt even knew) and the one of jenniffer being already lvl 2 but we already talk about that of given more skills when they lvl up
xeragoth

Postby Goblin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks a lot for this glorious report:

-I used Conditional Branch to recognize when Clay isn't in party , Don't really know why i didn't do it on the first place
-I actually don't know what cause the game put Jennifer on level 2 again, But i reset the event so it's ok now.
-I actually didn't design Scholar and Blademaster classes yet, I wanted to wait till i create new enemies so i could balance it together with the actor class and the heros.
-I added Conditional Branch so it's activate only when you move toward the orgy
-I added a little africa symbol above the tour guy head so you know that he's not just a text NPC
-I used variable to recognize when Jennifer isn't in party , But accidently i put everything outside the Conditional Branch but it's fixed now
-I actually still cracking my head on this one, I obviously got some more work to do before even start the next demo.

-I dramatically reduce the slime encounters, But i'm not removing it, Because if you walk in the woods and not get into slime it's simply not a RPG game... At least for my personal experience with rpg games

So after realizing i'm more rookie than i thought, I decided to put aside this project for a while and start another one to learn basics, NOT dropping it, Just put it aside for 3 weeks or so, Not because i'm a quitter but because i don't want to change the game every other day realizing i did a mistake or i can improve the game by changing switches and variables.

I'll try to post fixed demo without all those bugs as soon so you'll have a good taste from it.
Goblin

Postby xeragoth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:37 pm

remember its your first time doing this so don't be so harsh on yourself. and please do not leave the game behind for too long or you will lose interest.

i must say in all honesty, im not so sure with the idea of getting a new project to get better. Since just doing this one you are getting better, is our job as fans to help you as we can with by telling you the mistakes you make and trying to support you or criticize you with kind words. It makes me feel uneasy about a new project because sometimes we have this ideas in our head that we loved but after some time we loose interest of them because we stop doing them, so if you want my opinion you should just keep doing this project and if you do makes mistakes you should not feel angry or sad for having to fixed them we as fans understand you are human.

And i do understand you are not dropping this project for the new one but i feel is not necessary to do a new one since you already are learning from your mistakes and you are getting better from it.

i will support whatever you decide to do but this is my opinion.
xeragoth

Postby Goblin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:31 am

Yea, actually i mentioned it on my first post that this project started as a practise,
But now i'm trying to develop original ideas Such as the hero system and the notice board, and the such and the such....Which require skills that i might haven't gained yet. And it's all good and beautiful that i'm getting better while making the project, But honestly it takes twice a time to fix the problems than to actually work on something for the first place.
I appreciate that you help me improve my game, But for each mistake i'm realizing "Aho i could've done that with a switch..." than i realize "aho i could've do it with reset variable to effect related events...." But then i realize, "Aho.... i don't need any trigger i just need a smart position... Let's start all over", So actually fixing the bugs is not the problem, The problem is how i work with the Maker.

SO maybe starting a new -more easy going- project will be my solution, Thanks a lot for your support,
As again, I'll release a fixed demo by the following week, Include west village quests, side dungeon and improved classes
Goblin

Postby xeragoth » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:42 pm

ok if you believe that will help you i do support you but don't leave this game for too long please.
xeragoth

Re: World of Haroth(H-Project1)

Postby xeragoth » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:26 pm

i hope you don't mind if i double post but heck yeah waiting for more and it will take me sometime get use to the name (just to find it thank god you put hproject or i will have not found it)
xeragoth

Postby n1jay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:26 am

Found a glitch in Suzie's Playroom... well, more of a glitch than most of the rest of the room anyways. If you talk to the girl blocking the door from the right and say push her she pushes you into the wall and then if you immediately press up you begin walking on the walls with no way to get down... Also, if Suzies playroom completable? or is it just a teaser?
n1jay
Newly Registered

Postby Goblin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:32 pm

I'd call it a teaser but it's less than that, I actually stopped working on that dungeon for now.
It's very very raw and you can't really do anything there(you can't get out either)
Goblin

Postby xeragoth » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Goblin Wrote:I'd call it a teaser but it's less than that, I actually stopped working on that dungeon for now.
It's very very raw and you can't really do anything there(you can't get out either)

ohh thats a little sad but ok. at least you plan to do it some day?
xeragoth

Postby Goblin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Perhaps once upon a time, Joke x3
I won't release the next demo without it done and complete (which is in at least few week or more(probably more))
If u want i can give a spoiler, But it might spoil the first experience
Goblin

Postby xeragoth » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:45 am

only if it is a really small spoiler something not story ruined kind of thing
xeragoth

Postby JackalMask » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Great game so far. The only thing that annoyed me was the invisible maze. My opinon is it's hard enough without the edges (I came very close to stop playing the game because of it). Also I would like to suggest an unlockable gallery for the H scenes, keep up the awesome work.
JackalMask

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects