[VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [VX ACE] Conquest (complete game, but no cg yet)

Postby Yamemai » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Found the game on hongfire, and since it was complete, thought I would try it out, and gotta say, it's a pretty nice game you made, though there were minor typos* and one bug*. Even though there were no cg, the story and gameplay were 'up my alley', so I was engrossed in playing it, though I wish there was a way to see all those carry-over items, and what I'm missing --cuz I like collecting :P.

*1 -- Effraid and ennemy were the apparent ones, which I remember -- should be afraid and enemy. Too bad I didn't read this forum first, before starting to play to log them, and I don't wanna skim through the pages looking for the format, so probably won't be helping you there anytime soon.

*2 -- When I went into the CG area, for some reason the last one (Three Noble ladies) was named Farm Girl, and it said I didn't unlock there CG yet, even though I got them.
Yamemai

Postby Chan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Yamemai Wrote:Found the game on hongfire, and since it was complete, thought I would try it out, and gotta say, it's a pretty nice game you made, though there were minor typos* and one bug*. Even though there were no cg, the story and gameplay were 'up my alley', so I was engrossed in playing it, though I wish there was a way to see all those carry-over items, and what I'm missing --cuz I like collecting :P.

*1 -- Effraid and ennemy were the apparent ones, which I remember -- should be afraid and enemy. Too bad I didn't read this forum first, before starting to play to log them, and I don't wanna skim through the pages looking for the format, so probably won't be helping you there anytime soon.

*2 -- When I went into the CG area, for some reason the last one (Three Noble ladies) was named Farm Girl, and it said I didn't unlock there CG yet, even though I got them.

For #2. Did you go into the door which includes those Noble ladies in their corresponding side? (If you did Orc/Overlord). As i found if you don't Join them within that room. You don't get the CG's.
Chan

Postby Yamemai » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:22 pm

@Chan,

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did, cuz I was gonna New Game+, I visited every 'girl', and then went to check the CG just for the heck of it (to see if it actually unlocks and how it was done). Pretty much all cg (Mistresses and the extra slaves-Overlord) were unlocked, besides that one, though I could be wrong. I'm also pretty sure I head out and entered their room afterwards too, but don't remember if I checked the cg then or reseted. (Was feeling pretty sick (had a cold and a major migrane from the fever) the day I finished the game for the first time.)

I'll check again some other time, to confirm, but that's odd, with how you have to go into the room to unlock, when they should be the same as when you're decided (there are only 2 choices for unlock afterall.

Thanks,
Yamemai
Yamemai

Postby Chan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:41 am

Yamemai Wrote:@Chan,

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did, cuz I was gonna New Game+, I visited every 'girl', and then went to check the CG just for the heck of it (to see if it actually unlocks and how it was done). Pretty much all cg (Mistresses and the extra slaves-Overlord) were unlocked, besides that one, though I could be wrong. I'm also pretty sure I head out and entered their room afterwards too, but don't remember if I checked the cg then or reseted. (Was feeling pretty sick (had a cold and a major migrane from the fever) the day I finished the game for the first time.)

I'll check again some other time, to confirm, but that's odd, with how you have to go into the room to unlock, when they should be the same as when you're decided (there are only 2 choices for unlock afterall.

Thanks,
Yamemai

Not sure why, i just remember having to visit them within their rooms twice. And pick each option. Then checking.
Chan

Postby Yamemai » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:10 am

Hmm, lets hope it's not looking at each scene at least once, cuz I've finished 3 of the routes now (Mistress, Orc, & Master Overlord), planning on doing Overlord then Mistress again (I should have gone Orc-Overlord-Master-Mistress, but for efficency, but meh) then wait for Conquest 2, if it's in development; I have no clue if I looked at all scenes before resetting.
Anyways, it seems like you're right, and you need to enter the room, though I haven't try seeing them in New Game+, don't remember 100% if I visited the Nobles before I reseted or not now.

Now then, anyone know how to unlock the sword that you get from the Goblin Hero? (not sure if you need to spare him or just conquer without killing) It said something about 'true courage' and I got some possible ideas: that rabbit's named Anciet Terror or something, then there is also the whole Simar thing, but since I got it after I conquered the Saint General, and on Master Overlord route, I can't verify till next game.

Lastly, is there a way to see extras we've unlocked and are missing? Like I've finished three routes, but I don't know if I got all those New Game+ items or not -- might be a good idea to make the coupons interactible and add in what items you can get on which route, or have some type of book/catalog that has all the items and if you don't have it, it'd be sthing like ??? with a hint on where/how/what route/etc to get it.
Yamemai

Postby Commodus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:45 am

STR is also planning another quest involving the remaining bandits, so the game isn't quite finished yet.

As for one of your questions, if you spared the Goblin hero and visit him with Alexa in your party, you'll unlock the sword. Of course, that means you need to make Alexa a mistress.

On the other hand, I still haven't figured out the Ring of Weight, yet. It seems like a bad item, but I feel like there should be some way to unlock it.
Commodus

Postby Yamemai » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:16 pm

Huh, that was completely outside of my expectations, but thanks for that.

As for Ring of weight, yeah, I only got it once, and that was before I got Heidi (or w/e her name was) as a mistress, so I don't know if her being in the party helps, it being a dwarf mine and all. Also, since it's a dead dwarf, maybe those runes in the same area might have something to do with it. Otherwise, I'll see what I can find out in my next two playthroughs, might extend them to more.

Ladtly, I don't remember there being bandits, or are you talking about the barbarains?
Yamemai

Postby Commodus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 pm

I did the quest with Hilde, and, while she has a few extra lines, it doesn't seem to unlock the ring at all.

Also, yes, I meant the barbarians.
Commodus

Postby Chan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:13 am

Commodus Wrote:I did the quest with Hilde, and, while she has a few extra lines, it doesn't seem to unlock the ring at all.

Also, yes, I meant the barbarians.

Ring of Weight is on the dead dwarf in the Silver Mine, Next to the top left corner tile in the upper left room. Doesnt matter if you have one already. I have save file with one already. And it still comes up,
Chan

Postby Commodus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:26 am

Chan Wrote:
Ring of Weight is on the dead dwarf in the Silver Mine, Next to the top left corner tile in the upper left room. Doesnt matter if you have one already. I have save file with one already. And it still comes up,

I'm sorry. I miswrote. I know where the Ring of Weight is. I've found it multiple times. Unfortunately, it currently just detracts from multiple stats, making the character to whom it is equipped weaker. I feel like there should be a way to unlock the ring so it buffs instead of debuffs. It feels like an item that has a quest or something associated with it, that should do something, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Maybe I'm just crazy, though.
Commodus

Postby Chan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:41 am

Commodus Wrote:I'm sorry. I miswrote. I know where the Ring of Weight is. I've found it multiple times. Unfortunately, it currently just detracts from multiple stats, making the character to whom it is equipped weaker. I feel like there should be a way to unlock the ring so it buffs instead of debuffs. It feels like an item that has a quest or something associated with it, that should do something, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Maybe I'm just crazy, though.

Ah, I don't think you have a quest other then escaping the ghost with it. As it increases your "Weight" which reduces your stats.
Chan

Postby merlin169 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:20 am

Does anyone know if he is ever going to finish the game?
merlin169

Postby Commodus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 am

Chan Wrote:Ah, I don't think you have a quest other then escaping the ghost with it. As it increases your "Weight" which reduces your stats.

Does increasing your weight actually benefit you at all? I'll admit, I've never used the ring, because I see that equipping it lowers all my stats. While stats aren't everything, unless I see some benefit, such as immunity to poison or stun, I generally use stats as a guideline. So, my question is, from a gameplay standpoint, what does the ring do? How does it benefit the player?

merlin169 Wrote:Does anyone know if he is ever going to finish the game?

Before he left, STR, the creator, said he had some real life issues and he would be back, but it might be years. He did give us a head's up, and it hasn't been years yet, so he has so far been true to his word. I personally do believe that he has every intention of finishing this game, but I couldn't tell you when he will make his triumphant return.
Commodus

Postby Chan » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Commodus Wrote:Does increasing your weight actually benefit you at all? I'll admit, I've never used the ring, because I see that equipping it lowers all my stats. While stats aren't everything, unless I see some benefit, such as immunity to poison or stun, I generally use stats as a guideline. So, my question is, from a gameplay standpoint, what does the ring do? How does it benefit the player?

If I'm absolutely honest? As I only play and not STR I won't say for sure if it only does this.

But It gives you double XP boost. for the character which is wearing it. :shock: So if all your chars get 25 XP. Holder will get 50 XP.

Well in most martial arts and such books they use weighted clothing (Dragonball as example) to help themselves be stronger.

And ill admit. I had to open the game database to figure that one out myself. And use the above line to figure out what the parameter even meant.
Chan

Postby aifman7 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:20 am

I must be missing something... I've explored the first two levels of the Lich tower and then proceeded to the Barbarian Market... but after killing all the barbarians, there's nothing else to do? I can't exit the market without quitting the game, and nothing to interact with. What's going on? :(

Game seems promising and I'm sure the fault is my own, but I can't imagine a dead-end like this was intentional? I'm playing the latest version of the game (or at least, the one that's up in the OP) and have all of the RPGMaker RTP's installed...

Any help is appreciated. Would like to give this game a real try.
aifman7
Newly Registered

Postby Workdammit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:32 am

There's a next location in the Barbarian Market you're missing; once you've entered the actual market building and cleared the four guards, go all the way to the left of the building, and then down to find the boss of the market.
Workdammit

Postby Ferra » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:41 am

STR Wrote:

4 : Use sprites and in-game events.

You can find sprites like this one on the net, as well as clean templates to go with them :
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Figuring out how the hell I’m supposed to tell it to move to animate it properly, and frankensteining it to put in the heads of the characters I need for that particular scene, is all in the realm of my meagre capabilities. Then add some sounds, some text, and voilà: H-scene.

Does somebody know, where to find them or what keyword must beused to find similar pictures???
Ferra
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:10 pm

"Sprite sex" maybe.
Lucky777

Postby maxdrell » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Heyo, dunno if this counts as a bug or not, but I'm doing my second playthru of the game (first time Mistress (awesome fun), now Orc Master), and I've encountered a problem....

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I discovered much to my surprise that if you don't get the Mistresses, opportunities are present to get new underlings instead, namely the Goblin Lo. Now that's great, he comes with skills as well so he could be useful, but there's an issue. He apparently is meant to scale with the Orc levelling system, but he hasn't on my game. He did initially jump up to match them, but it's afterwards the problem exists. Just gave the mistress from the bottom of Hellhole to my Orcs to enjoy, they level up, alls good......except Lo didn't. Is this a bug or is he meant to not gain rape levels? He was not in the active party when the Orcs were given their newest prize, so does that affect things? On a second note, is there any more underlings alongside Lo? The obvious pattern is for each mistress, there is an equivalent underling to join the Orc band, but I didn't find anyone in either the first village or the bandit camp, so is there any others or is the Goblin just unique? Does Lo simply exist to cover for the Orc who goes missing during their quests for new mad skillz? (Dluk's Good Liqueur is a thing of beauty)

Thanks for any info provided!
maxdrell
Newly Registered

Postby cartixio » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:46 am

any1 know how to get the giliacles gear, idc bout spoilers gotten thru almost all of the orc route and i havent really seen any mention of it, that or i skipped the dialougue >.>
cartixio
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects