Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)- Updated 13/02/2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)

Postby NoMoshing » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:48 pm

Version 0.24.5 is live!

Get it here!

Changes are listed on the blog.

If you'd like to support game development, please consider checking out Bad Kitty Game's Pateron page!
NoMoshing

Re: Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)- Updated 30/11/2016

Postby Mickele » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm

is it only me who lost his whole party after the new quest and the duel?
afterwards, my former 3 party girls are no longer accessible for party formation...
Mickele

Postby theredfear » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 am

I'm sure it's something really obvious but I can not for the life of me figure out how/where to buy the west castle manor. It's not on the wiki either. Can someone tell me please?
theredfear

Postby NoMoshing » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 pm

Mickele Wrote:is it only me who lost his whole party after the new quest and the duel?
afterwards, my former 3 party girls are no longer accessible for party formation...

It is by far not only you. There's already a patch out for the bug, and here is a solution if you don't want to redo the quest (or don't have an earlier save): http://www.badkittygames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1765

theredfear Wrote:I'm sure it's something really obvious but I can not for the life of me figure out how/where to buy the west castle manor. It's not on the wiki either. Can someone tell me please?

You don't buy the Westcastle manor.
NoMoshing

Postby Mickele » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:09 pm

NoMoshing Wrote:
Mickele Wrote:is it only me who lost his whole party after the new quest and the duel?

It is by far not only you. There's already a patch out for the bug, and here is a solution if you don't want to redo the quest (or don't have an earlier save): http://www.badkittygames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1765

well so now i play v.0.24.7 but it's still buggy, i start the quest in coastburg from the beginning,
but for almost every fight i get the following error:

Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1192: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'display_affected_status' for nil:NilClass
Mickele

Postby NoMoshing » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 am

Mickele Wrote:well so now i play v.0.24.7 but it's still buggy, i start the quest in coastburg from the beginning,
but for almost every fight i get the following error:

Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1192: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'display_affected_status' for nil:NilClass

Just uploaded a newer version that should fix that. Sorry for the trouble.
NoMoshing

Postby theredfear » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:35 am

Sigh. Fine. How do I get the west castle manor then?
theredfear

Postby Darthjake » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:08 pm

It is a quest if it's the one I'm thinking of, been a while since I gave this game a full run through, but you'll want the necromancer for an easy boss fight, and your sister at max affection / love for resistances to the damage the mobs do to you.

I think there is more info on a wiki or maybe in the comments on the blog, but I recall finding the information rather easily, and it was a fun quest.
Darthjake

Postby Ging » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:20 pm

So I have loved this game since the beginning but I just realized I wasted 8+ hours because I started "Stuck in the middle with you" at too low a level and saved in the elf village because there was no dangerous area indication so I assumed I could leave again at will. I already spent all of my gold on investments and only have a handful of healing items. Unless somebody knows a way out of the village without going through the quest, I'm gonna have to restart my game. This is the frustrating reality of "story walls."
Ging
Newly Registered

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:06 am

Have some of the 2d CG scenes already been implemented in the current version of the game?
archer_gilgamesh

Postby Dead2112man » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:42 am

Ging Wrote:So I have loved this game since the beginning but I just realized I wasted 8+ hours because I started "Stuck in the middle with you" at too low a level and saved in the elf village because there was no dangerous area indication so I assumed I could leave again at will. I already spent all of my gold on investments and only have a handful of healing items. Unless somebody knows a way out of the village without going through the quest, I'm gonna have to restart my game. This is the frustrating reality of "story walls."

No way out, there is a reason they have recommended levels for each quest

archer_gilgamesh Wrote:Have some of the 2d CG scenes already been implemented in the current version of the game?

If you even test out the game for just an hour or even 30 minutes, you would know this answer
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:
archer_gilgamesh Wrote:Have some of the 2d CG scenes already been implemented in the current version of the game?

If you even test out the game for just an hour or even 30 minutes, you would know this answer

Sooo... no?
archer_gilgamesh

Postby 2095conash » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:20 pm

theredfear Wrote:Sigh. Fine. How do I get the west castle manor then?

Sorry for the delayed response! You get the Westcastle manor as apart of the quest 'Looking for the Cure'. To get the quest you must become a Journeyman (if you have Raina as a party member then you're a journeyman, if not there is a guy who should be at the door inside of your Northmarket manor once you get 15 fame who'll fix that) and have completed the Westcastle Adventurer's Guild quest 'Virgin Gynocides', including reporting back to the Westcastle adventurer's guild to get your reward. Once both of these have been completed, at the start of the next day you'll get a scene to start off the 'Looking for the Cure' quest, though if you don't have Larelle recruited and willingly joined (so not in the dungeon) you will have to go to the Northmarket slums and deal with the Umbra broker (in a house on the Northeast part of the town) to get information to advance the quest. You will need to hop a fence to enter the 'dungeon' for this quest, but after you finish the dungeon you will find yourself with your brand new Westcastle manor!

Ging Wrote:So I have loved this game since the beginning but I just realized I wasted 8+ hours because I started "Stuck in the middle with you" at too low a level and saved in the elf village because there was no dangerous area indication so I assumed I could leave again at will. I already spent all of my gold on investments and only have a handful of healing items. Unless somebody knows a way out of the village without going through the quest, I'm gonna have to restart my game. This is the frustrating reality of "story walls."

I'm sorry that you had such difficulties with this quest! I'm also sorry to say that there is no way out of the elf village except to beat the quest... Though if you have Doll and Meline in your team and Hero has the skill 'blazing aura', there is a strategy that I could offer you that I found worked for the quest even at low levels... That said, I'll talk to NM and see if we can add a warning to better inform people in regards to this quest!

Yes! While there aren't many, in the current release at the end of Therese's love quest (currently requires the code 'witenite' to start) and in 2 of the 4 routes in the quest 'Honey Trapper' 2D scenes are available! While the 3D scenes still vastly outnumber the 2D scenes we are working on adding in the 2D scenes as we get them, prioritizing either new scenes or scenes without any CG at all, but once that's done we'll be looking at replacing the 3D artwork. We apologize for the inconvenience but past difficulties with finding and keeping artists has caused several delays in this whole endeavor.
2095conash

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:41 am

2095conash Wrote:

Yes! While there aren't many, in the current release at the end of Therese's love quest (currently requires the code 'witenite' to start) and in 2 of the 4 routes in the quest 'Honey Trapper' 2D scenes are available! While the 3D scenes still vastly outnumber the 2D scenes we are working on adding in the 2D scenes as we get them, prioritizing either new scenes or scenes without any CG at all, but once that's done we'll be looking at replacing the 3D artwork. We apologize for the inconvenience but past difficulties with finding and keeping artists has caused several delays in this whole endeavor.

Thank you for your clear and concise answer.
archer_gilgamesh

Postby 2095conash » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:44 am

archer_gilgamesh Wrote:Thank you for your clear and concise answer.

No problem, happy to help! If you have any other questions about the game or development feel free to ask!
2095conash

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:06 am

Got to see one of the 2D animations and I have to say well done! You can tell alot of work went into it. I only saw one of the Honey Trappers quest CG scenes but if the rest look as good as this, then I am looking forward to the finished product. Keep up the good work and I hope all is well.
archer_gilgamesh

Postby 2095conash » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:13 am

archer_gilgamesh Wrote:Got to see one of the 2D animations and I have to say well done! You can tell alot of work went into it. I only saw one of the Honey Trappers quest CG scenes but if the rest look as good as this, then I am looking forward to the finished product. Keep up the good work and I hope all is well.

Haha, thanks we're glad that you like it! Unfortunately some issues arose and the artist who made those CGs (as well as the ones at the end of Therese's love quest) currently isn't working with us, but we are working on trying to get several artists to help make 2D CGs to help us not only catch up on the scenes missing artwork but also to work on replacing the existing artwork! While getting artists has always been rather difficult for us, we hope that you'll enjoy the artwork they'll be providing (you might even see some of it from an artist we've worked with for awhile in the Public release coming out on the 25th in a new quest). We hope that you continue to enjoy the game!
2095conash

Postby Desuka Kira » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:40 pm

So... I've run into a couple of really annoying issues... Not sure if I'd call them bugs or glitches or something else.

I've currently got a save where I've done a LOT of stuff before even starting the Manor Invasion section via Save Edits to boost Sil and Stats. Achieved Journeyman rank, finished Bewitchy Women quest, got about half of the Harem so far, Invested in pretty much every business, started Yamamaya and Meline's Love Quests, etc. But it's during that last point that I ran into my first issue.

While trying to do Yamamaya's Love Quest, I used the Save Edit to put both chars HP to 0 to get the missable H-Scene for losing to the director, since my Hero and Yamamaya are both WAY over-leveled and took no damage during the fight, which might have caused the issue in question. Now, whenever I try to do the quest, I am unable to talk to the NPC by the door in the change room to progress the quest. Has anyone else run into this?

The second issue is kind of similar. While trying to do the 'Stuck in the Middle With You' quest, the Clown dude's sprite does not show up, and he stops joining the battles after the fight on the bridge, so even after killing everything and freeing the elves, I cannot progress because I cannot finish of the clown. Again, has anyone else encountered this?
Desuka Kira

Postby 2095conash » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Desuka Kira Wrote:While trying to do Yamamaya's Love Quest, I used the Save Edit to put both chars HP to 0 to get the missable H-Scene for losing to the director, since my Hero and Yamamaya are both WAY over-leveled and took no damage during the fight, which might have caused the issue in question. Now, whenever I try to do the quest, I am unable to talk to the NPC by the door in the change room to progress the quest. Has anyone else run into this?

I think I know the bug and it'd be unrelated to that, some users have reported issues that during the little intro scene in the waiting room that after the conversation with Lola and Brandt, that Lola will go to the match but Brandt will stay behind, and then when they talk to the Overseer nothing happens. The problem is that you can't talk to the Overseer until Brandt disappears but because his movement didn't activate for some reason, he never disappears effectively soft-locking the game. We're not entirely sure why this bug happens but we've implemented some code into the new backer release that's now up (and public release that'll be next week) that should fix the issue.

Desuka Kira Wrote:The second issue is kind of similar. While trying to do the 'Stuck in the Middle With You' quest, the Clown dude's sprite does not show up, and he stops joining the battles after the fight on the bridge, so even after killing everything and freeing the elves, I cannot progress because I cannot finish of the clown. Again, has anyone else encountered this?

This deals with a temp switch bug, to resolve it just end the day through some other way (either doing a quest or using the time tuner) to reset all temp switches and variables then do the quest again. We're looking to get it put in so that these things will all reset before entering a dungeon but we've been swamped with work for this release so it won't be in until the public release assuming we don't run into any other issues delaying it further.

Thank you for your reports and hope that you've been enjoying the game and all! Also as a little tip, one way that you can prevent the 'Manor Invasion' from happening but still allow you to get to journeyman rank and all is to start the quest 'A Forge Too Far' by talking to Kevin in the slums, from that point on you cannot activate the 'Manor Invasion' quest until it's completed. While this will mean that you can't give Doll any gifts or use the blacksmith to upgrade melee weapons, since there aren't any issues from finishing 'A Forge Too Far' late game beyond those, it gives you the freedom to get every character in the game beforehand (though, I'd advise that if you get Yeon before you do it, that you keep her in the dungeon for the Manor Invasion, there's a few bugs if she's not in the dungeon regardless as to if brainwashed or not, you can always brainwash her or get her out normally afterwards though)
2095conash

Re: Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)- Updated 27/01/2017

Postby NoMoshing » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Version 0.26.6 is live!

Get it here!

Changes in this version.

If you'd like to support game development, please consider checking out Bad Kitty Game's Patreon page!
NoMoshing

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects