Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)- Updated 13/02/2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem Collector (RPG MAker VX Ace)

Postby diedinafire » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:57 am

Kuragari Wrote:EDIT: Also, I've done everything I believe except for whatever is going on with the Elves. Is there something I'm missing?

Ya, I looked in the game editor and nothing else is written for the elves.
diedinafire

Postby UnLimiTeD » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Wtf?
Mega doesn't work with Opera anymore?
Seriously, now I need a different browser for every download page.
Ah, well, spose it's worth it.

Edit: Got it working by masking.
However, at the Illusionist, the protagonist kinda just jumps out of bounds and stays there, and nothing ever happens.
Also, you can talk with Doll in the basement before any scenes with her, which kinda breaks the context a bit.
UnLimiTeD

Postby NoMoshing » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Kuragari Wrote:QUESTION!!! What exactly is the demon/imp thing for?

What demon/imp thing? Please be more specific.

EDIT: Also, I've done everything I believe except for whatever is going on with the Elves. Is there something I'm missing?

There's nothing else for the elves atm, I just wanted to have a "lobby" area so that people who discover the elf village get to see *something*.

UnLimiTeD Wrote:However, at the Illusionist, the protagonist kinda just jumps out of bounds and stays there, and nothing ever happens.

Please be more specific. What room? what do you mean by out of bounds?
NoMoshing

Postby UnLimiTeD » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Got through it yesterday; I was really giggling under my breath a lot of times. The humour is great, especially the old man. "The poor girl! Oh well, you gotta act like the locals when you're timetraveling." "... I didn't even ask you!". X-D

As for the Illusionist, I mean that Onvo guy.
After the first fight, he disappears, the protagonist moves up, jumps 2 back, then moves one box, then another one.
I couldn't reproduce it so far, but the first time I tried that in the most current version (When I wrote that comment), he apparently didn't move up, and jumped 'out of the room' of sorts.
Then he couldn't move the second box, and it was Alt-F4.
UnLimiTeD

Postby AllenAndArth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:12 pm

are we going to have elf-slaves? I want to enslave elves!
AllenAndArth

Postby Lurkingchar » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 pm

AllenAndArth Wrote:are we going to have elf-slaves? I want to enslave elves!

YOU SICK, SICK SON OF A... I second this motion.
Why aren't we gods?
Lurkingchar

Postby codered999 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:03 am

I will third this motion.
codered999

Postby NoMoshing » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Ugh, that was a lot of coding today. Time for break to answer some questions.

AllenAndArth Wrote:are we going to have elf-slaves? I want to enslave elves!

Believe me, I love abusing elves as much as all of you. There will be elf slaves, for sure.

Basically, in the Harem Collector universe, elves as a species are arrogant, ancient, magically powerful, avoidant of all other sentients... and dying out. Besides war, loss of territory and whatnot, elves are also succumbing to a mysterious ailment where most elves are simply losing interest in sex. Younger elves (50-150 yrs.) are trying to fight against this, but most older elves simply don't care or actively avoid the fact that their race is dying.

At some point, the hero will save an elf from great peril. Having nothing else to offer in return, the elf will instead offer to teach the hero that elven language. This will allow the hero to have access to the only elf village in the Middle Kingdom. From there, the hero can attempt to gain the elves' trust and then embark on a great quest to save the elves. This will eventually involve a choice, where the hero can choose to save the elves' bloodline and racial purity at the expense of their culture and unique magic, or save the elves' culture and identity but at the expense of their nigh-immortality and purity.

Regardless of how that turns out, the hero will end up with four elven slaves, one of whom will be a party character. There will be a variety of elf-related tropes that will play out, including raping one who struggles against being "tainted by a human", having sex with one who has caught the elven apathy and is just kind of like, "do what you like, can I read while you're occupied?", and much more.
NoMoshing

Postby AllenAndArth » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:26 am

so...which one of the choices is worse for the elves? THAT'S the one i'm going to choose
AllenAndArth

Postby Kuragari » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:47 am

The imp sitting outside the nice lovely mansion at the beginning, says he's an auditor or something.
Kuragari

Postby NoMoshing » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Kuragari Wrote:The imp sitting outside the nice lovely mansion at the beginning, says he's an auditor or something.

If you are importing a save from previous versions of the game, that imp will fix your file so that you won't experience any weird gameplay errors (ie, already having Kyrie when you enter the Kellos military camp). If you've run out of ways to advance time, he'll also move time forward so you can see the manor invasion quest.
NoMoshing

Postby UnLimiTeD » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:47 pm

It's still a bit easy to run out of time, I think, but that'll probably be fixed with the update about... darn I forgot the word. Something about the girls and gifts.... durrr
UnLimiTeD

Postby cookie jar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:43 am

First: Finally got to play around a bit with the August release (in mid september, yay for my timetable). Since I hadn't touched the game for a while, some things may actually refer to earlier releases than the August one. I would like to congratulate/thank you for your work. Very nicely done again. There are a few things however I would like to criticise a little/bring to your attention.

Though I like the addition of Healbot/Felix in general, he makes some of the early fights almost too easy. I admit I was one of the advocates to rebalance the early fights a litte because a bit of bad luck could make them almost impossible. But Felix is, in my opinion, a bit too far over the border into easy territory. So I would like/dare to suggest to rebalance the fights a litte to accomodate for that.

In addition, I encountered a very strange bug.

After reviving Meline she stopped using mana. Whenever I cast any spell there was no mana substracted from her total. :?

To be a little more detailed: she was downed during the fight aginst Larelle and I used a reinvigorating potion to bring her back. (I believe that is the name of the potion. I'm referreing to the potion that just revives, not the one that revives with half HP.) Larelle was level 3 at the time if I remember correctly, might have been 4 (Which is probably why she went down at all. Being the lowbie in the group for a level 7 quest).
In subsequent fights none of her spells consumed any mana. I realized it a little late, so I don't have an older save to try and reproduce it right now. I'll see if I can force the same conditions again when I get around to play a bit more.

Oh and I love the combat sprites for Therese and the sword saint. Whose name I forgot but look forward to meeting again. :D

While we are at sprites and portraits. I usually like the customized portraits. The new one for the hero took a little getting used to but is fine now. The new portrait for the catgirl however I have to admit doesn't sit well with me. I thnk in that case (and that case alone so far) I preffered the older stand in portrait to the new one. The way she is displayed the new one simply looks too lean in my opinion. But as stated, that's just a personal preference and those are known to differ. :)

The next question is directed at my fellow gamers: Has anyone found out how to get to the chest in the northeast corner of the upper cave area in the giant's path?

On a sidenote: I think I fninally managed to find all five original dark seeds (was stuck at 4/5). But again one eludes me, so I'm at 9/10. But this may be due to the question above.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby DK2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Hey NoMosh, I was wondering about your stance on some kind of walkthrough/wikia for your game. Yes, it's cheating but some people are completionists and want to 100% games, even ones still in Beta. Or some people just don't understand exploration in sandbox rpg's and need some help. I had a wee bit of free time and have almost everything I could find for the August release (missing 3 Dark Seeds you evil DM you) but every main quest, side quest, investment, secret, source of satisfaction, and of course slave I could find is currently sitting in a document. I will not however, put anything up online without your approval; if you don't want spoilers put out there I'll keep it to myself. If you want a wikia or walkthrough I can either start one online or send you what I have if you would rather do it.

Outside of that even without the hentai you have a great game going on. Not much that I could say, the one bug that I noticed in the 1st August release was fixed. Combat flows well, Felix feels a little OP at low levels, maybe take the Beginner's Magical Handbook from him so he doesn't have Magic Missile? I played the version before his implementation and I failed to beat the Orc encounter twice before scraping by with a win thanks to a lucky Smoke Bottle. Giving him (or any other mana user) the Rhinestone Gloves is stupidly good though, you might want to scale back the mana regen on those suckers or every fight has your party at full HP.
DK2

Postby moonblack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 am

NoMoshing has already said that he's fine with people making a wiki for the game. Have a look at the beginning of this post on Hongfire, for example.

@cookie jar: That chest cannot be reached, and there's nothing in it.
moonblack

Postby cookie jar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:36 pm

DK2 Wrote: Giving him (or any other mana user) the Rhinestone Gloves is stupidly good though, you might want to scale back the mana regen on those suckers or every fight has your party at full HP.

Well I guess this means you can scratch my bug report about Meline's spells not consuming any Mana. From the description of the Rhinestone Gloves I didn't expect them to be the source of my "problem". But after reading this I just checked and Meline is wearing them. So that most likely explains it.

And thanks moonblack for the intel about the chest. That however means I have to go hunting for the missing dark seed again. :evil:
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby NoMoshing » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Oh wow, I just got out of crunch time time warp and found a whole lot of activity over here. Let's get down to it.

cookie jar Wrote:First: Finally got to play around a bit with the August release (in mid september, yay for my timetable). Since I hadn't touched the game for a while, some things may actually refer to earlier releases than the August one. I would like to congratulate/thank you for your work. Very nicely done again. There are a few things however I would like to criticise a little/bring to your attention.

Thanks, not just for the comments, but also the criticism. Good criticism is one of the most valuable things for making the game better and refining what's already there.

[quoteThough I like the addition of Healbot/Felix in general, he makes some of the early fights almost too easy. I admit I was one of the advocates to rebalance the early fights a litte because a bit of bad luck could make them almost impossible. But Felix is, in my opinion, a bit too far over the border into easy territory. So I would like/dare to suggest to rebalance the fights a litte to accomodate for that.[/quote]

My wife *hates* Felix because she thought the game balance was fine before and bitched me out for capitulating to the people complaining it was too hard. I've sort of given up for now on game balance, because as Cypress_Z pointed out on the Overwhored blog not long ago doing balance before you know what the endgame situation is going to be is really, really hard. Penelope's love quest in the September release that backers should have already is a prime example of this- I made it based on what level people will have after finishing all the current gameplay, not based on what level you'll be after getting Penelope up to Love status "naturally". I'm probably going to have to devote a release or two after the game is "done" to touch up and rebalance, well, pretty much everything.

After reviving Meline she stopped using mana. Whenever I cast any spell there was no mana substracted from her total.

Yeah, that sounds weird as heck. Probably an engine problem, unfortunately. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Oh and I love the combat sprites for Therese and the sword saint. Whose name I forgot but look forward to meeting again. :D

That is not the final form of Evanie- that's just one of the default actor sprites from the Feudal Japan DLC for RPG Maker. Same with Therese- that's a default female fighter thing. I'm still looking for an artist for doing Larelle, Therese, and Evanie's finished version as battler images.

On a sidenote: I think I finally managed to find all five original dark seeds (was stuck at 4/5). But again one eludes me, so I'm at 9/10. But this may be due to the question above.

As of the September release (becomes public next week on the 25th) there are eleven dark seeds, so you might get another shot. It is possible to miss Dark Seeds forever, though, so be aware of that.

DK2 Wrote:Hey NoMosh, I was wondering about your stance on some kind of walkthrough/wikia for your game.

I will approve any fan-made wikis. I'll even do you one better- I don't consider it cheating, especially in the context of an open-world free roaming exploration game. I wrote a blog post about gamer psychographics back in the day (http://nomoshingsgames.blogspot.ca/2013/04/game-design-rant-player-psychographics.html) and yeah, I recognize that not every gamer is going to want to explore all the things and would find a guide to pointing out all the cool stuff really valuable. Not everyone has fun in the same way, and enjoys things for the same reason.

I just don't have any time to do one myself (and it seems pretty vain to start a wiki for my own game). I will probably stop linking to a wiki if it's actively used to share misinformation,, but short of that go right ahead. Harem Collector has a lot of really shy fans who don't ask for help but will probably want to kiss your feet for doing that.

[Outside of that even without the hentai you have a great game going on. Not much that I could say, the one bug that I noticed in the 1st August release was fixed. Combat flows well, Felix feels a little OP at low levels, maybe take the Beginner's Magical Handbook from him so he doesn't have Magic Missile? I played the version before his implementation and I failed to beat the Orc encounter twice before scraping by with a win thanks to a lucky Smoke Bottle. Giving him (or any other mana user) the Rhinestone Gloves is stupidly good though, you might want to scale back the mana regen on those suckers or every fight has your party at full HP.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. My comments of balance and Felix are above, and, BTW, there is only one Rhinestone Glove. ;)

moonblack Wrote:NoMoshing has already said that he's fine with people making a wiki for the game. Have a look at the beginning of this post on Hongfire, for example.

Thanks, moonblack!

cookie jar Wrote:Well I guess this means you can scratch my bug report about Meline's spells not consuming any Mana. From the description of the Rhinestone Gloves I didn't expect them to be the source of my "problem". But after reading this I just checked and Meline is wearing them. So that most likely explains it.

The Rhinestone Gloves currently offer a 5% mana regen effect. I've scaled it back to 2% now, so I guess try it again when the public release drops.
NoMoshing

Postby fivesteaks » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:42 am

There's a lot of information about this game spread out over various threads on various forums. I've created a Wikia to try to organize the info in one place. I started on a walkthrough and quest listing, but also need things like character profiles, gifts, maps, etc. If anyone is interested in contributing, feel free to pitch in.

http://harem-collector.wikia.com/wiki/Harem_Collector_Wiki
fivesteaks

Postby DK2 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:28 pm

I've dumped all my info on the Wiki fivesteaks linked to under DK's Info Dump. I will spread the information out over time to new pages.
DK2

Postby NoMoshing » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks for all your help with the wiki. I'm going to keep my hands off for the most part, but the Harem Collector Development Team page is my doing, as if the Version Updates page. Other than that, I'm leaving it in your hands.
NoMoshing

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects