Overwhored RPG Maker Game FULL GAME UPDATE!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Overwhored RPG Maker Game UPDATED 04/18/13 Ver. 0.2.6

Postby Cypress_z » Thu May 23, 2013 8:54 pm

For those of you that enjoy my background info and discussions on concept information, you'll enjoy some of my recent blog posts going over background info for Skree and Branda.

http://overwhored.blogspot.com/2013/05/skrees-age.html

http://overwhored.blogspot.com/2013/05/ ... story.html

Enjoy!
Creator of Overwhored and Home Invasion. My games are free but you can support the creation of new games (and download all the games I've made) on my Patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/cypressz?ty=h
Cypress_z

Postby UnLimiTeD » Fri May 24, 2013 12:23 am

You put some serious backstory into your game.
I commend the effort.
And I recommend an Insurance. :P

Edit: And Absolutely kudos on the Alpha Centauri Reference. That was totally what I thought about.
Spartans all the way.
Last edited by UnLimiTeD on Sun May 26, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnLimiTeD

Postby AllenAndArth » Fri May 24, 2013 4:01 am

Skree's age was cool, but, branda's history was just WOW... and we turned her into a cow...for sex and evil, COOL :twisted:
AllenAndArth

Postby Darthan » Sat May 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Just read through the post about Branda's story and only have one thing to say:
You turned her into a cow. For sex and evil. You monster.

That was not my fault. I just wanted to make her slightly dumber and less death with a sword. Now turning Nahse into a giggly bimbo for sex and evil. Totally my fault. That does make me a monster. :twisted:
Darthan

Postby Cypress_z » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Just a quick update for everyone: The beta for Version 0.3 which includes the Princess Melita path and a lot of little tweaks is coming out today. If you're a donator, look forward to it shortly. If you're not, the general release should be in about a week.

Thanks for keeping up with the game, everyone.
Creator of Overwhored and Home Invasion. My games are free but you can support the creation of new games (and download all the games I've made) on my Patreon!
Cypress_z

Postby MinganOkami » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:10 pm

cant wait for the next update
MinganOkami
Newly Registered

Postby dragonmaster121989 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:09 am

good to know I'll be waiting
dragonmaster121989

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:06 am

Just finally got around to playing it, and wow. Colour me impressed. Though I would agree with some people on some of the fights being a little easy, I find that the degree of difficulty given that you can avoid a good deal of the fights and XP if you wish is sufficient enough. The difficulty curve would only go up if you didn't 'grind' by fighting most of the wandering monsters you come across.

I do love how the Overmind just does what he wants regardless of what his servant in the tower says.

A DEAL WAS MADE!
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby Cypress_z » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Overwhored version 0.3 is released!

There are a lot of little tweaks and fixes between this version and the last, but the biggest difference is that Princess Melta's path in Sayda is now active. You can choose her instead of Princess Tasa. Old saves from 0.2.6 SHOULD work, so if you want to see this path give it a look!

Ver 0.3:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yhmp5t

http://www.4shared.com/rar/QkaAl6iS/Ove ... er_03.html
Cypress_z

Postby AllenAndArth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:52 am

ArdenWolfwatcher Wrote:Just finally got around to playing it, and wow. Colour me impressed. Though I would agree with some people on some of the fights being a little easy, I find that the degree of difficulty given that you can avoid a good deal of the fights and XP if you wish is sufficient enough. The difficulty curve would only go up if you didn't 'grind' by fighting most of the wandering monsters you come across.

I do love how the Overmind just does what he wants regardless of what his servant in the tower says.

A DEAL WAS MADE!

True, I always had that grind thing from R.P.G's, so it does get easier, because I kill like all monsters and I grind when I have good mood...but I think that AWW(ArdenWolfWatcher) is right about the curve...
seeing overmind ignore coments from the nerd chick totally worth...seeing the nerd chick talk/insult the other servants...there's no price...it's just too funny!

"Everything you say is made of stupid"
AllenAndArth

Re: Overwhored RPG Maker Game UPDATED 06/24/13 Ver. 0.3

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:51 am

Cool, this was a bit of fun.
I like the updated scene for the Militiawoman.
Bugs and shit posted on ULMF instead of here for... old times' sake, I guess.
Lucky777

Postby AllenAndArth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:52 am

Lucky777 Wrote:Cool, this was a bit of fun.
I like the updated scene for the Militiawoman.
Bugs and shit posted on ULMF instead of here for... old times' sake, I guess.

the only one that actually made a difference was the bleeding effect, it's corrected already, don't know if he uploaded the corrected version though...but just use your items and it's fine, the only battles I had problems were Nanshe Smart and Branda(damm that bastard attack of hers...she killed Nanshe 3 times!)...you should probably have 16 tears, 3 drafts, 2 baby tears, 1 lion tear and 8 stimulants in the fight with Branda...more than enough, since I didn't actually had to use items against Nanshe or Zubati (can't.resist.the.joke!)... I used 10 tears, 1 baby tear(she took 900 points with DefUP on overmind... bleeding effect almost killed me on that one) and 3 stimulants
AllenAndArth

Postby Cypress_z » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:18 pm

The bleeding effect should only happen if you upgrade your healing power. Normally healing is supposed to CURE bleed, which works like poison save for that. I accidentally flipped a wrong switch. I've fixed it, but that alone isn't worth a new release, I'm afraid.
Cypress_z

Postby TheNeophyte » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi!
I must congratulate you on making a great game! It's the first time ever I played something RPGMaker based from start to finish and liked it all the way through without trying to just rip out CGs or cheat.
Level design is non-repetitive, characters are memorable and combat is fun. Game plays well even without relying on h-content as motivation. But I still wish there would be more scenes. :D
TheNeophyte

Postby niffolaff » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:57 pm

This is really annoying; 4Shared won't let me download without making an account and Sendspace downloads a downloader which then completely fails to download the .rar file.
niffolaff
Newly Registered

Postby moonblack » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:32 pm

niffolaff Wrote:This is really annoying; 4Shared won't let me download without making an account and Sendspace downloads a downloader which then completely fails to download the .rar file.

When using Sendspace, are you sure you're clicking on the right link? What I see when I open the link is a page:
Overwhored Ver 0.3.rar

File Size: 204.86MB
Upgrade for Fast & Ad-free file transfers - See Plans and pricing

Click here to start download from sendspace

Clicking on "Click here to start download from sendspace" starts downloading the game - there's nothing about a downloader...
moonblack

Postby fulgartech » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:06 am

I seem to remember seeing a checkbox or the like on the sendspace link. After unchecking the "use our worthless and annoying downloader" option I had no problems downloading the game with the proper link (pretty easy to find too, unlike some of the other download sites).
fulgartech

Postby Vergil » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 am

Ummm....Just downloaded the game and I'm enjoying it thus far, but may I suggest adding a questlog in? Because I accidentally skipped through the banner-setup and now have no clue where to go or what to do. :'(
Vergil

Postby AllenAndArth » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:36 am

Vergil Wrote:Ummm....Just downloaded the game and I'm enjoying it thus far, but may I suggest adding a questlog in? Because I accidentally skipped through the banner-setup and now have no clue where to go or what to do. :'(

it's in one of the chests on Rubati's room at the church/prison/thingy
AllenAndArth

Postby Vergil » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Aaaaah, thank you :)
But the questlog suggestion still remains ;)
Vergil

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects