Overwhored RPG Maker Game FULL GAME UPDATE!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Overwhored RPG Maker Game FULL GAME UPDATE!

Postby Cypress_z » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:40 am

Overwhored is a fun RPG that puts you in the role of the Overmind, an immortal man that seeks to brainwash and bang all the women of the world. Three years ago you were slain by a group of mighty heroines, but now you have been revived by your loyal servants to fight them again!

The game has commissioned art from spectacular artists like Sleepymaid, PChronos, Hombre Blanco, and Mindwipe, as well as many other skilled artists!

Here are some previews of what you'll find in the game:

The Overwhored Trailer: https://youtu.be/3rnYoIUXyfc

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The Current Release:
https://mega.nz/#!GlwxGAAT!wdyVV3fVTKe9 ... uPjD-QZSeI

I also keep a blog where I post weekly status updates. Check it out!
http://overwhored.blogspot.com/

Finally, I have a Patreon with some extra bonus art for donators:

https://www.patreon.com/cypressz?ty=h
Last edited by Cypress_z on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Cypress_z

Re: Overwhored RPG Maker Game UPDATED 04/18/13 Ver. 0.2.6

Postby Darthan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:05 am

Actually been following this ga,e for awhile now. Glad to see that you got a fixed version up. Will play as soon as it finishes downloading
Darthan

Postby Cypress_z » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:19 am

Darthan Wrote:Actually been following this ga,e for awhile now. Glad to see that you got a fixed version up. Will play as soon as it finishes downloading

Yes, I recognize your name, maybe from comments on the blog iirc. In any event, I hope you enjoy this latest version of Overwhored!
Cypress_z

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 am

Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan myself. (Well, as you'd know from the ULMF XD.) But still.
Lucky777

Postby Cypress_z » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Yeah, I know you Lucky777. Good to see you. I figured a lot of the people here wouldn't be totally new, but at the same time I want everyone to enjoy the game just in case they're only visitors of the LoK forums. I've lurked on the LoK forums for a long time but since my natural state is to lurk, I haven't piped up until lately.

Whether you're a new or an old fan, I hope you play this game and enjoy it.
Cypress_z

Postby Taria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:19 pm

I've played what you have so far and it's pretty great. ^_^ One of my favorite quirks about the overlord series was the subtly deep storyline, which so far you seem to have captured nicely. Everyone says that the overmind is a great big evil who must be feared, but the more he conquers the better places seem to become :3
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby Cypress_z » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks, Taria. The Overlord series was written by Terry Pratchett's daughter. I'm nowhere near her league, but her writing and her father's writing are a fairly big inspiration in a lot of respects. Mind you, I don't think either of them would be thrilled about being inspirations for this game. But that's just how it goes. British humor is something I've liked ever since I first saw "Are You Being Served?" On TV as a kid.

Games like Overlord and Dungeon Keeper have been favorites of mine for a long, long time. Although funny enough, whenever I get into a game with moral choices I always play the super moral paladin type.
Cypress_z

Postby Kuragari » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 pm

looks interesting, will play later. Spent too much time watching news about the Boston Bombing manhunt and need sleep soon.
Kuragari

Postby Darthan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:21 am

Played though from the beginning, only thing that I noticed was that the Ancient Overlord Armor is using a helmet icon and Branda has no equipment and there are no weapons available for her. I am guessing the stuff about Branda due to the fact that she joins you at the end of the current content.
Darthan

Postby SpectralTime » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 am

...I tried the demo. Plot was meh, the combat was clever in concept but boring and grindy in execution.

But that was a long time ago, and I have to do SOMETHING to put off my thesis. I'll give it a whirl.
SpectralTime

Postby Cypress_z » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 am

Darthan Wrote:Played though from the beginning, only thing that I noticed was that the Ancient Overlord Armor is using a helmet icon and Branda has no equipment and there are no weapons available for her. I am guessing the stuff about Branda due to the fact that she joins you at the end of the current content.

Thanks for pointing out the armor has a helmet icon. That's fixed for the next release. And you're correct about Branda. She'll have equipment by the time 3.0 is done. 3.0 will flesh out the Melita path and fix a lot of little things like the crystal graphics and getting the Orb of Dominion power purchase system set up.

SpectralTime Wrote:...I tried the demo. Plot was meh, the combat was clever in concept but boring and grindy in execution.

But that was a long time ago, and I have to do SOMETHING to put off my thesis. I'll give it a whirl.

I hope you enjoy it. The current game is a VERY different beast than the Demo made in ancient times.
Cypress_z

Postby BlueBody » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:55 am

oh dang! I remember playing this demo! I will download this and try it out :D
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby Kuragari » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:03 am

Played through, currently in the desert kingdom city.

Something tells me that you've had the...[sarcasm]wonderful[/sarcasm] experience of reading the brony fanfic Spiderss or whatever its called.

The spider merchant house amuses me, especially him being set on fire.
Kuragari

Postby Cypress_z » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 am

Kuragari Wrote:Played through, currently in the desert kingdom city.

Something tells me that you've had the...[sarcasm]wonderful[/sarcasm] experience of reading the brony fanfic Spiderss or whatever its called.

The spider merchant house amuses me, especially him being set on fire.

Nope. If you're really curious, it's inspired far more by an ancient /tg/ meme. But I tend to keep my references a tad oblique, so people unfamiliar with them still get a laugh.

Also this'll probably end up being a doublepost due to the mods needing to approve my posts.
Cypress_z

Postby SpectralTime » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:33 am

Played the whole thing, liked it a lot more than I expected.

For one, the fact that the Overmind is gradually revealing more and more of a personality beyond just being horny all the time adds a lot to investing me in the story, more than just keeping him silent and horny would have. For another, the fact that the tone stays pretty light and silly takes the edge off some of the darker themes that would probably otherwise put me off. Also, while he seems EEEEEEEEVIL! in that cartoony sorta way, effort is also made to give him likable, human qualities, rather than just having him just be a mute force of rape.

Couple more-specific comments:

Never actually played the Overlord games, but I've a general idea of how they go. If I'm not mistaken, the heroes who beat the last Overlord went on to represent the Seven Deadly sins, their old virtues inverted. I think something similar is going on with the "heroines" too, but I can't really remember how many there were. Probably a moot point, as Justice and Determination aren't in the seven virtues that usually get brought up to contrast the seven deadly sins.

Not terribly clear what happened to the Prince of the desert kingdom. I've got a general impression that he was going to marry his sister, fell in love with the heroine, married her instead, she went crazy with temperance/justice and murdered him before taking over and imposing her draconian thingummy, like in... I never played it, but Ultima V, I think?

Backstory about the Overmind is... eh. I'd probably be more interested if I weren't burned right out on that whole "divine rebellion" thing in fiction as a whole. Be interesting if they were both wrong though, the cults and that cleric too. Like, if the Overmind is also a servant of the goddess, and by setting up his (vaguely) evil (but not necessarily cruel) empire for heroes to show up and defeat every generation or so he's acting as an agent of human progress? And it's the last batch of heroes that went against the divine order by ganking him before it was time under that rebel angel Joy, and that's why they're all crazy? Or something? Well, either way, not necessarily bad or uninteresting writing, objectively, just not really to my specific taste. But it's a component of the whole, and, again, the light tone keeps me from feeling bad about it the way I would in other games. Yeah, I'm that guy, the one guy who never feels comfortable playing an evil character. Way it goes.

Heh. Just had a hilarious idea. What if the Overmind isn't the previous Overmind? What if he's just... some guy, who happened to wake up in the Overmind's body and is just playing along because he's not sure what else to do under the circumstances?

Dunno what else to say. Thanks for the game.
SpectralTime

Postby Sarahstar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Neat game! I like the mechanics of the main character being more of a buffing/debuffing role than an active and direct combatant. I also liked the way the party system worked, letting you swap characters etc. Really shows me some interesting things RPG maker can do!
Sarahstar
Newly Registered

Postby Kuragari » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Cypress_z Wrote:Nope. If you're really curious, it's inspired far more by an ancient /tg/ meme. But I tend to keep my references a tad oblique, so people unfamiliar with them still get a laugh.

Also this'll probably end up being a doublepost due to the mods needing to approve my posts.

Well, it certainly reminded me of Spiderss or whatever its specifically called. It was still hilarious as heck.

I do have a suggestion, content wise. It would be more interesting if when you had sex with your party members, if there were difference scenes (random rotation or some such). It'd also be awesome if you could have group scenes, I've got the image in my mind of the non-mindless slaves all screwing together with Branda being fucked by the Overmind, Christine and Bimbo Mage sucking her nipples, with Bat lady sitting directly over Branda's hungry tonge. The image then switches over to bimbo mage and christine riding Branda's tits, grinding her nipples into their pussies as they passionately make out with each other.
Kuragari

Postby Kurushimi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Looks interesting enough, I'll be giving this a try.
Kurushimi

Postby Seyser Koze » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Kuragari Wrote:
Cypress_z Wrote:Nope. If you're really curious, it's inspired far more by an ancient /tg/ meme. But I tend to keep my references a tad oblique, so people unfamiliar with them still get a laugh.

Well, it certainly reminded me of Spiderss or whatever its specifically called. It was still hilarious as heck.

I do have a suggestion, content wise. It would be more interesting if when you had sex with your party members, if there were difference scenes (random rotation or some such). It'd also be awesome if you could have group scenes, I've got the image in my mind of the non-mindless slaves all screwing together with Branda being fucked by the Overmind, Christine and Bimbo Mage sucking her nipples, with Bat lady sitting directly over Branda's hungry tonge. The image then switches over to bimbo mage and christine riding Branda's tits, grinding her nipples into their pussies as they passionately make out with each other.

Keep in mind that all his artwork is being done by commission.

SpectralTime Wrote:Backstory about the Overmind is... eh. I'd probably be more interested if I weren't burned right out on that whole "divine rebellion" thing in fiction as a whole. Be interesting if they were both wrong though, the cults and that cleric too. Like, if the Overmind is also a servant of the goddess, and by setting up his (vaguely) evil (but not necessarily cruel) empire for heroes to show up and defeat every generation or so he's acting as an agent of human progress? And it's the last batch of heroes that went against the divine order by ganking him before it was time under that rebel angel Joy, and that's why they're all crazy? Or something? Well, either way, not necessarily bad or uninteresting writing, objectively, just not really to my specific taste. But it's a component of the whole, and, again, the light tone keeps me from feeling bad about it the way I would in other games. Yeah, I'm that guy, the one guy who never feels comfortable playing an evil character. Way it goes.

Heh. Just had a hilarious idea. What if the Overmind isn't the previous Overmind? What if he's just... some guy, who happened to wake up in the Overmind's body and is just playing along because he's not sure what else to do under the circumstances?

Well, in the original...

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The Overlord actually turned out to be an eighth hero who accidentally fell off a cliff or something and died while trying to storm the real Overlord's castle with the others. The entire song and dance turns out to be a massive charade by the real Overlord to be resurrected after his defeat, but that doesn't really work out for him.
Seyser Koze

Postby UnLimiTeD » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Holy crap, I never saw this (coming).
Quite the dedicated effort, there.
UnLimiTeD

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects