Space Escape

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Space Escape

Postby leeman27534 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Man, im also stuck after getting the gun and the sword, then getting the ice bullet. not sure where/what to do, i activated a control panel i had to jump to get, but didnt see any change in any of the doors, im guessing the colored doors are color keys needed, and i see one or two things i could dash to, but no dash skill yet. is it another door i gotta kind of jump through to get ito, or something?
leeman27534
Newly Registered

Postby nippers » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Like "gremlin123" i can't access the sectors exactly like him... is it a bug or we both are missing something?
nippers
Newly Registered

Postby Nactaran » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Biles Wrote:My comp can't read .exe file formats.

Your computer can run .exe files. They are the executables (applications). If it could not open them, you won't be posting here, since you could not open the browser and open this page. Please specify your problem, what does it say, etc. We need a bit more precise description of your problem, otherwise we cannot help you with your insulting bug.
The Harbringer of The Dark Era
Nactaran
Newly Registered

Postby powerofvoid » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:57 pm

urielmanx7 Wrote:I won't be posting the swf version, because people tend to open it with a browser and that seems to carry out many strange bugs.

Given that EXE means that I have to run it in WINE (as opposed to something native), that makes the game at least 25% worse on its own. (Fortunately, your game is pretty fast, so it's not 75% worse)

I'm also encountering a bug where the game stops responding to some of the keys after a while.

EDIT: What appears to happen is that in the Basement area, the menu button doesn't work. Then, after few tries at fighting the horse, I lost the use of the other buttons as well.

Also, if you manually remove your clothes, but find new ones, the game automatically equips them. Is this intended behavior, and if so, can there be an option to turn this off?
Last edited by powerofvoid on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powerofvoid

Postby urielmanx7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Next demo will be out in both formats.
isnt more fun that way?
Visit my blog if you would
http://urielmanx7.blogspot.com/
urielmanx7

Postby ElPresidente » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Hm...one tought:

Being unable to do any damage to opponents unless you have X points in attack is IMHO bad game design. Rather it would be better to limit the damage done unless you have a specific amount.

Like if you don't have enough attack power, you'll either do no damage or you'll do a max of 1 damage. that makes battles difficult, but not impossible.
ElPresidente

Postby powerofvoid » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 pm

More:
  • Why is there an overall level cap? At most, the cap should be per-attribute.
  • How do I break the glowing tube with the red weapon in it?
  • Can you add a way to jump off ladders? Climbing down is so slow :_(

EDIT: Bugs:
  • When fighting the golem, if you get grabbed and escape, you will be trapped and unable to move until the golem moves
  • When fighting the basement slime, when I escaped, I got stuck behind it and was unable to jump over it or get past it, because I kept getting knocked over then escaping towards the wall
  • Also, I got the stuck knocked down bug (escape, but remain lying down flashing)

EDIT 2: Gripes:
  • When you escape from a monster, you should land facing the monster so you can start attacking it.
  • How high does my damage need to be to break the non-glowing container with a weapon in it?
powerofvoid

Postby Lumino » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Shoot the tube with your secondary weapon that you just got (Press X to switch to it.)
Lumino

Postby Metabox » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 pm

powerofvoid Wrote:More:
  • Why is there an overall level cap? At most, the cap should be per-attribute.
  • How do I break the glowing tube with the red weapon in it?
  • Can you add a way to jump off ladders? Climbing down is so slow :_(

EDIT 2: Gripes:
  • When you escape from a monster, you should land facing the monster so you can start attacking it.
  • How high does my damage need to be to break the non-glowing container with a weapon in it?

The container over the horse door to the right, you have to freeze it and than just mash it.
the yellow tube you have to use the wappon with z and than a ;)
Metabox
Newly Registered

Postby FlashOfSonic » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 pm

The yellow "invincible" capsule can be broken by the stun gun. The blue "invincible" capsule can be broken by freezing it with the hydrogen bullets (found on a ledge that you get to by going down through a gap between platforms) and then melee attacking it. Later you'll encounter a red "invincible" capsule, this can be broken with the flamethrower, which is dropped by the mudman boss.

How do you jump off ladders? Jumping, natch.
FlashOfSonic

Postby Stim » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Oh god just found out something horrible. While reading from the creator that masturbating replenishes hp i thought there was a button, so i stripped all my clothing and sat out of reach of the enemy, nothing happened, so i started pressing buttons. Eventually nothing happened and so i started tapping buttons at random. DO NOT EVER TAP THE CTL BUTTON!!!! Doing so will cause a screen 'cheater cheater cheater cheater, come back when you want to play the game right' to pop up, and your only option is to close the game and restart. Lost about 30 minutes of grinding. *Deskflip*
Stim

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:55 am

Took longer than I'd like to admit to get out of that starting room ¬_¬. ... jump +UP+RIGHT
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby powerofvoid » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:04 am

FlashOfSonic Wrote:The yellow "invincible" capsule can be broken by the stun gun. The blue "invincible" capsule can be broken by freezing it with the hydrogen bullets (found on a ledge that you get to by going down through a gap between platforms) and then melee attacking it. Later you'll encounter a red "invincible" capsule, this can be broken with the flamethrower, which is dropped by the mudman boss.

How do you jump off ladders? Jumping, natch.

When I'm on a ladder, jumping doesn't seem to work for me. Apparently I needed to stop holding up or down to make it work.

Also:
  • Where is the red capsule?
  • Why does the yellow door lead to a cyan door?
  • Can I get through the doors into Level 1, 2, and 3?
  • What's the difference between the two kinds of underwear you start with, anyway?

Bugs:
  • Swimsuit has no icon in 'suits' menu
  • Clothing has undefined hitpoints
  • Sometimes enemies are in the wrong place and can't hurt or be hurt
powerofvoid

Postby FlashOfSonic » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:18 am

Here's a nice little challenge idea: Play through on hard mode, never wearing clothes, always in horny state.
FlashOfSonic

Postby powerofvoid » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:29 am

FlashOfSonic Wrote:Here's a nice little challenge idea: Play through on hard mode, never wearing clothes, always in horny state.

• I have never successfully reached 'horny' without masturbating
  • Clothes automatically attach until they get glitched. Having to unequip them is so tiresome.
powerofvoid

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 am

Nactaran Wrote:
Biles Wrote:My comp can't read .exe file formats.

Your computer can run .exe files. They are the executables (applications). If it could not open them, you won't be posting here, since you could not open the browser and open this page. Please specify your problem, what does it say, etc. We need a bit more precise description of your problem, otherwise we cannot help you with your insulting bug.

Whoah bro, slow down there. Are you sure that everyone in the world is running Windows? I sure as hell am not.

Silly goose.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Stim » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:13 am

Im stuck now. Cleared out the basement and the main floor. Defeated the mud boss, defeated the brown horse. I have the sword, spear, daggers, and all three guns. I have all the abilities but guard. I got all three keycards after beating the previous mentioned horse. With the gold keycard the only one door that i found that opened for me is the hangar door (which is completely empty except a control room)

So where am i supposed to go from here? Access to level 1&2 are still blocked off even though i have all the keycards. Am i missing something? Game bugged? Levels not designed yet?
Stim

Postby ElPresidente » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Whoah bro, slow down there. Are you sure that everyone in the world is running Windows? I sure as hell am not.

Silly goose.

EVery OS should be able to run .EXE files.

Every single program is an .exe file (more or less)
ElPresidente

Postby Metabox » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Stim Wrote:Im stuck now. Cleared out the basement and the main floor. Defeated the mud boss, defeated the brown horse. I have the sword, spear, daggers, and all three guns. I have all the abilities but guard. I got all three keycards after beating the previous mentioned horse. With the gold keycard the only one door that i found that opened for me is the hangar door (which is completely empty except a control room)

So where am i supposed to go from here? Access to level 1&2 are still blocked off even though i have all the keycards. Am i missing something? Game bugged? Levels not designed yet?

Guard is in the start room up and left, double jumb.
Then you have all 20 Items and things go to the hangar and the game ends, you can play game+ or hard/easy mode.
Metabox
Newly Registered

Postby urielmanx7 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Stim Wrote:Im stuck now. Cleared out the basement and the main floor. Defeated the mud boss, defeated the brown horse. I have the sword, spear, daggers, and all three guns. I have all the abilities but guard. I got all three keycards after beating the previous mentioned horse. With the gold keycard the only one door that i found that opened for me is the hangar door (which is completely empty except a control room)

try the green control panel that is over where you got the sword, find out what it activates (but don't leave the area/go to save room) or the effect will reset, sorry about that.
isnt more fun that way?
Visit my blog if you would
http://urielmanx7.blogspot.com/
urielmanx7

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects