Shield High [Fresh Start]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Shield High [No longer a RAGS game]

Postby rebelseal » Tue May 05, 2015 6:59 am

crash on save and load sorry if someone else posted about this
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

Re: Shield High [No longer a RAGS game]

Postby Egman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:19 pm

BTW author of this beautiful game is back! Check out his blog.

http://puddinggames.blogspot.ru/
Egman
Newly Registered

Re: Shield High [Fresh Start]

Postby Pudding Earl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Just making a small post at the bottom to bring the thread to people's attention that I am properly back, and not just making vague promises as was the case in April, and that I have got a new version up as of a few days ago.
Pudding Earl

Postby Milura » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Well there is no button for finishing the event (starting the second week) when you get enslaved and fucked by Karin or when you enslave Karin
Milura
Newly Registered

Postby Pudding Earl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm starting to suspect I should've put this message in the actual game. That's a semi-intentional omission due to the fact that all content after Karen isn't yet implemented. When I first put it in like that weekends weren't functional either, so the game would soft crash on the first weekend, and so to avoid that I just...stopped the game progressing. Since then I haven't added the buttons in because there was no particularly intended content beyond that point. The next update will be fixing some of the post-Karen button issues as I add content on the winning side, and a later update will fix the losing side when I add functionality to being a slave. The slave functionality is longer off as I'm still tossing up between petty regular tasks, or once a week bigger tasks.
Pudding Earl

Postby FMC » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Oh, I loved this game originally. Time to take a look at the upgrades. Been here since its first incarnation, when it was still RAGS.
FMC

Postby Pudding Earl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:35 am

Just a quick bump to inform people that there's a new update out.
Pudding Earl

Postby Triuneprophet » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:44 pm

The new content is great, I like that you are moving slow and flushing out the events, rather than rushing ahead. Hope you get the support you need for this to take off again.
Triuneprophet

Postby cmcwiki » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:13 pm

So I've been wanting to play this game for the longest time, but somehow i cannot access it. I download the latest version of the game, extract files, click application, and nothing. what do i need to play this game?
cmcwiki
Newly Registered

Postby liog86 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:23 am

cmcwiki Wrote:So I've been wanting to play this game for the longest time, but somehow i cannot access it. I download the latest version of the game, extract files, click application, and nothing. what do i need to play this game?

I'm having the same problem
liog86
Newly Registered

Postby Pudding Earl » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:21 am

...I somehow missed the people asking for help. What a great developer I am. Anyway, the game uses XNA, so you need the .net framework, and the XNA framework both installed. To my knowledge these often end up installed on your computer through other things, since the problems that come up are so rare, but occasionally they aren't, in which case you have to install them manually. I'm not familiar with the process, however a quick google search should let you find it quickly and easily. My apologies for the lack of response sooner.

On an unrelated tangent, the new version is out, bringing romance and slave content, which is why I'm looking at this topic in the first place.
Pudding Earl

Postby tontoman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:08 am

Cool, thanks for the update. BTW there's an issue with the description box not being cleared out between scenes. So if I get an encounter with a girl, then go to a class. On interacting (hit that button) with the class brings up the encounter text again. Then when I go to class #2, I get the 'class #1 done' text. Mention that one in particular if it's more than just the text that's one behind (triggers etc.).

Also the practice fight with your friends can be triggered again (and in different areas at times) by talking to them and chosing the Fight option that comes up.

Maybe replated, getting through the weekend can be tricky. The sleep option is hidden in a room with no Green Interact button, it's there but looks non active. You hit it anyway, then you get the sleep prompt which does work.
tontoman

Postby enkephalin07 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Why no screenshots? Not just here, but anywhere; not on the blog, not on patreon. How do you sell a game on patreon without any images at all?
enkephalin07

Postby KageTheHard » Sun May 07, 2017 1:48 pm

enkephalin07 Wrote:Why no screenshots? Not just here, but anywhere; not on the blog, not on patreon. How do you sell a game on patreon without any images at all?

Well, That might be because it's a text based game, so besides screenshots of the UI there might not be much to show.
Dark side turned up, Old gods came back, Lights out, There's no music in your mind, Snuffed.
KageTheHard

Postby DeadJokr » Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

It crashes a lot for me
DeadJokr
Newly Registered

Postby XXXXXXXXCV » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:20 am

Holy shit I loved the RAGS version of this game so I'm excitation to see it back in development
XXXXXXXXCV

Postby LordBun » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:31 am

From what Pudding posted on his blog the game is currently dead.
http://puddinggames.blogspot.ru/2017/07 ... ation.html
It sucks but you have my well wishes.
LordBun
Newly Registered

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects