Shield High [Fresh Start]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Shield High [RAGS game]

Postby Pudding Earl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:34 am

cookie jar Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

Apparently i should pay more attention to the status entries on your blog about what content is already there so i won't confuse WIP with bugs in the future. Sorry about that.

No problem, what is and isn't in game can be hard to track down, that's partly intentional so people go out and look for content rather than just go straight for what's new.
Pudding Earl

Postby AllenAndArth » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 am

shouldn't you create a bad-ending...
and
being the school whore is difficult...(by losing fights, not submiting obviously) I would be interesting to see her as a school whore...I like these things :twisted:
AllenAndArth

Postby BlueLight » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:shouldn't you create a bad-ending...
and
being the school whore is difficult...(by losing fights, not submiting obviously) I would be interesting to see her as a school whore...I like these things :twisted:

there's plenty of bad endings.
Last edited by BlueLight on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Pudding Earl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:09 am

and

The only endings we have so far are bad endings. And yeah, the combat system is getting overhauled sooner or later to make it less random.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 am

There is a lot of content, that is barely implement and needs some one to write it; for instants the slaves. If people provided, and write the content, would you be willing to check it and then if you like it, add it to the game.
BlueLight

Postby AllenAndArth » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 am

Pudding Earl Wrote:
and

The only endings we have so far are bad endings. And yeah, the combat system is getting overhauled sooner or later to make it less random.

just being a slave is not really an ending for me at least.... beacuse normally you could win or ask for protaction and then later be free and win or something?!right?! :lol:

BlueLight Wrote:There is a lot of content, that is barely implement and needs some one to write it; for instants the slaves. If people provided, and write the content, would you be willing to check it and then if you like it, add it to the game.

THAT is na intersting idea :twisted:
AllenAndArth

Postby BlueLight » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:21 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:There is a lot of content, that is barely implement and needs some one to write it; for instants the slaves. If people provided, and write the content, would you be willing to check it and then if you like it, add it to the game.

THAT is na intersting idea :twisted:

She's mine! I'll beat you up before i let you write content for her!
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:10 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:
Pudding Earl Wrote:
and

just being a slave is not really an ending for me at least.... beacuse normally you could win or ask for protaction and then later be free and win or something?!right?! :lol:

The thing about that is I'm already going WAY too deep with this. Like, I set out to make this a fairly linear experience. Now look at what I've got. I certainly could make content for every possible enslavement, but there comes a point where I have to say "That's enough" and I've probably gone way past that point anyway.

This is an idea I've toyed with in the past, I know it's how a lot of people with a lot of content get it done. HOWEVER. I'm a blatant narcissist and I want the writing of the game to be consistent. I mean, if someone sent me in the content, I'd consider using it. Or I'd take the shortcut they'd provided me and re-work it into my style so everything would be consistent, but I'm not about to start asking people to write content for me.
Pudding Earl

Postby Kuraileo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:58 pm

I only have one question... What file from the RAGS site do I download to get the actual RAGS program to read this game with? XD
Kuraileo

Postby Pudding Earl » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Kuraileo Wrote:I only have one question... What file from the RAGS site do I download to get the actual RAGS program to read this game with? XD

RAGS Suite 2.4.0.0 install file, be it the exe or MSI, depending on which you want.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 am

I'm right now thinking of trying out rags for the kicks and giggle. That and i'd like a better idea of how i could improve it. If i did a game however, it would be based around star trek in a way. I've been watching the orginal series and god, i just noticed that it's great sci fi. Fuck star wars, star trek is where the smart people go!
BlueLight

Postby cookie jar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 am

BlueLight Wrote:I'm right now thinking of trying out rags for the kicks and giggle. That and i'd like a better idea of how i could improve it. If i did a game however, it would be based around star trek in a way. I've been watching the orginal series and god, i just noticed that it's great sci fi. Fuck star wars, star trek is where the smart people go!

That might be due to the fact that Star Trek is (or was) more along the line of classical Sci-Fi. Whereas Star Wars is a fairy tale with starships and laser based weaponry.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby Pudding Earl » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:24 am

cookie jar Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:I'm right now thinking of trying out rags for the kicks and giggle. That and i'd like a better idea of how i could improve it. If i did a game however, it would be based around star trek in a way. I've been watching the orginal series and god, i just noticed that it's great sci fi. Fuck star wars, star trek is where the smart people go!

That might be due to the fact that Star Trek is (or was) more along the line of classical Sci-Fi. Whereas Star Wars is a fairy tale with starships and laser based weaponry.

I wouldn't call Star Wars a fairy tale. Fairy tales generally lack internal consistency in the world. Star Wars is more a space fantasy. Jedi being wizard-monks with laser swords, and the whole light-side-dark-side thing for the force being an obvious fight between good and evil. Totally a space fantasy.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:09 am

-_- this is why people don't allow me to post! They get off topic and i'm the one that gets all the blame!
Star trek is a sci fi show that's always been about exploring the better side of humanity in the feature. Star trek has always asked tough questions and been more than willing to shock it's viewers and the say "it's okay, this is the future; you might be bigots now but in the future everything will be okay.", Hell, star trek had the first interracial kissed that aired on TV.

Star wars is another can of beans. Star wars has and should always be, an space opera. To forces of good and evil clash in the stars to find out who should rule. Star wars, hasn't really given us questions to answer but virtues to study; but doesn't any good story about good and evil do the same thing? Personally i find that the most believe able star wars movies are the first 3 created, because i look at everything and see how it would make sense in the real world. Granted death stars and lasers are not realistic, but they fit the world and most of the world was believable.

So.... when does the shield high get a update.
*uses tickle on closest target!*
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:36 am

BlueLight Wrote:-_- this is why people don't allow me to post! They get off topic and i'm the one that gets all the blame!
Star trek is a sci fi show that's always been about exploring the better side of humanity in the feature. Star trek has always asked tough questions and been more than willing to shock it's viewers and the say "it's okay, this is the future; you might be bigots now but in the future everything will be okay.", Hell, star trek had the first interracial kissed that aired on TV.

Star wars is another can of beans. Star wars has and should always be, an space opera. To forces of good and evil clash in the stars to find out who should rule. Star wars, hasn't really given us questions to answer but virtues to study; but doesn't any good story about good and evil do the same thing? Personally i find that the most believe able star wars movies are the first 3 created, because i look at everything and see how it would make sense in the real world. Granted death stars and lasers are not realistic, but they fit the world and most of the world was believable.

So.... when does the shield high get a update.
*uses tickle on closest target!*

Update is coming as soon as I write about this Angel/Jillian date. Which I plan to do tonight. So very soon, basically.
Pudding Earl

Postby Pudding Earl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 am

BOOM! UPDATE! FUCKING FINALLY!
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:08 am

Glad to hear.
BlueLight

Postby BlueLight » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:00 am

Are you alive?
BlueLight

Postby Pudding Earl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:05 am

BlueLight Wrote:Are you alive?

Yes. I only just recently got home after being out seeing the family for like, five weeks. Update will be coming out next week.
Pudding Earl

Postby BlueLight » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 am

Woot, i get to bug you on blogger and LOK now.
... oh update.... um... okay! I'm happy just because i can bug you on LOK and blogger.
BlueLight

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects