Harem c8m4 released Sep 6 2019

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Harem 0.5.1 released 4/17 (slavery, mind control, dark s

Postby StarkePT » Wed May 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Oh I love you guys, the usual suspects regardless being about Dlaby or Harem, Spectral is like the Light side Ralph, and Lucky is like the Dark side Ralph. Just awesome.
StarkePT

Postby SpectralTime » Thu May 10, 2012 3:20 am

Also, in response to the edit: hey now! I've NEVER complained about the DARK SIDE path making me sad. It's not cut to my tastes, so I don't play it.

When I do complain, I complain about inconsistencies WITHIN the light side paths. Ex. Good!Darius going, "Rape is so bad that I'm going to condemn hundreds of innocent civilians to rape to avenge a rape."
SpectralTime

Postby ker » Thu May 10, 2012 4:36 am

Excellent discussion. Thanks, that was exactly what I'm looking for!
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby BlueBody » Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 am

Lucky777 Wrote:And then the thing with Samantha not whoring for you.
I'm all FOR getting her to do it, but I would kinda have preferred a more neutral option at first, something like "Order her to do it", rather than OH MAN PUNISHMENT.
Now, if she had denied the order, then punishment would have been appropriate, but ... Iunno, man.
And I haven't seen the upshot of it in this update (STILL only going off the previous version, I'm afraid), but with her seeming scared as hell in the brothel and shrinking away,
it seems more like you'll have permanently terrified her, rather than that you'll have let her know that obedience is a way to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Like, Dark Ralph doesn't "Like his slaves, but require obedience."
Dark Ralph ... well, for all I can tell from those two scenes, he hates the fucking shit out of his slaves.

Me? I don't hate the shit out of them. So I don't play as him.

...Also due to not having two save files, I never tried sitting down on the chair in Tera's head, but I plan to try that and other things when I play this update.
If the chair is gone, I'll have to wade back through the PREVIOUS update to try it out, but I always wondered "What happens, exactly?"

That's EXACTLY what I mean! Hence, why I hope that she'll become stronger in Dark Updates.

Oh, to quench your curiousity, basically:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Terra becomes the same as Samantha, but instead she never breaks. She's pretty much the bare minimum of what I hoped Samantha would've become in the Dark Path if she was corrupted to become Ralph's protoge. Only thing is she's stubbornly against Ralph whereas I imagine Samantha to be a supporter.

Also, she alludes to a potential new hero for the angels who will come and save her...
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby ker » Thu May 10, 2012 8:05 am

Keep up the discussion everyone. It is really helping me understand where the dark path works, and where it doesn't.

And in celebration of 4k downloads for Harem 0.5.1, here's some teasers for 0.6a. Actual gameplay footage as they say.

Teaser2.png
Teaser1.png

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby StarkePT » Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 am

BlueBody Wrote:
Lucky777 Wrote:And then the thing with Samantha not whoring for you.
I'm all FOR getting her to do it, but I would kinda have preferred a more neutral option at first, something like "Order her to do it", rather than OH MAN PUNISHMENT.
Now, if she had denied the order, then punishment would have been appropriate, but ... Iunno, man.
And I haven't seen the upshot of it in this update (STILL only going off the previous version, I'm afraid), but with her seeming scared as hell in the brothel and shrinking away,
it seems more like you'll have permanently terrified her, rather than that you'll have let her know that obedience is a way to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Like, Dark Ralph doesn't "Like his slaves, but require obedience."
Dark Ralph ... well, for all I can tell from those two scenes, he hates the fucking shit out of his slaves.

Me? I don't hate the shit out of them. So I don't play as him.

...Also due to not having two save files, I never tried sitting down on the chair in Tera's head, but I plan to try that and other things when I play this update.
If the chair is gone, I'll have to wade back through the PREVIOUS update to try it out, but I always wondered "What happens, exactly?"

That's EXACTLY what I mean! Hence, why I hope that she'll become stronger in Dark Updates.

Oh, to quench your curiousity, basically:

Terra becomes the same as Samantha, but instead she never breaks. She's pretty much the bare minimum of what I hoped Samantha would've become in the Dark Path if she was corrupted to become Ralph's protoge. Only thing is she's stubbornly against Ralph whereas I imagine Samantha to be a supporter.

Also, she alludes to a potential new hero for the angels who will come and save her...

About that... I'll have to put in spoilers for the ones who didn't finish the game.

That's why I said that people don't understand or try to understand, they can't see the bigger picture and how important can Terra be in future patches and how the path is being built towards it, unbeknownst to Ralph that she might be talking about his lighter side in the vision, or, maybe the game has two endings, someone that kills you in the end (notice how the game is being built towards you feeling compassion for the slaves and hate towards Ralph?) and saves Terra. Pretty much like Code Geass, the main character sometimes has to die to give a greater depth to the story. The first time you meet the Angel (well, second actually if you have the intro into consideration) she does tell you that if you're evil you'll never see your homeland again, Terra in the dark path has a way stronger personality than that little puppet Samantha, why was Terra dominated by a demon? Why is it that the Ratan priests want her so bad? There's more to her. The game is coming to a point where the Light side and the Dark side can become more distant than ever. And this is why the Dark path at least in my mind is 100% full of success.

In the Light side, she does say that someone is coming for her, so that might be the Dark side Ralph? May Ralph turn? Is Ralph going to fight himself in the future? So many options... Decisions, decisions, decisions..
StarkePT

Postby BlueBody » Thu May 10, 2012 9:36 am

Oooh, you bring up some intriguing ideas. Maybe. I feel like I want to stay away from speculating too much about Terra though because, exactly, she strikes me as the deuteragonist, so I want to leave the ideas for her to mostly her creators. I did focus more on Donna/Samantha and Jessica's two friends (the loyal and the betraying ones) because they're not as important as Terra; though, they have their value too. Afterall, one of Jessica's friends affect the ending.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby ker » Thu May 10, 2012 9:46 am

Speculate all you want. The plotline of Harem is nowhere near as set as people usually think and if they ideas are good, well I may steal them and put them into the game. I'm not going to particpate much in the discussion but it is both fascinating and interesting for me to read as well as useful in game development. I do have a general outline of the game in my head and try to foreshadow some of it as I write but the way that people use those foreshadows (and ones that I may not be intending to put into the game) is very cool.

Oh, and I do reserve the right to steal any idea mentioned in my thread ;)

ker

Postby BlueBody » Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 am

Last edited by BlueBody on Fri May 11, 2012 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby Velq » Thu May 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Not sure if anyone has spotted this but when Noemi is used in the Brothel she bugs out and you will be unable to interact with her while she is in the Brothel making it so that you cannot see her scene.
Velq
Newly Registered

Postby StarkePT » Thu May 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Velq Wrote:Not sure if anyone has spotted this but when Noemi is used in the Brothel she bugs out and you will be unable to interact with her while she is in the Brothel making it so that you cannot see her scene.

Happened to me too. Hmmm
StarkePT

Postby Savyar » Thu May 10, 2012 11:02 pm

That happened to me as well but also with Alena
Savyar

Postby StarkePT » Thu May 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Well, just make sure you report that to Ker in PM so he can fix it for the next patch.
StarkePT

Postby ker » Fri May 11, 2012 7:26 am

I'm in the process of gutting the brothel code before 0.6a comes out. I'll take a look at Noemi and Alena and try to figure out why they're bugged as I do.

Granted, the brothel is closed in 0.6a, but I'm still trying to fix it!

ker

Postby StarkePT » Fri May 11, 2012 7:52 am

ker Wrote:I'm in the process of gutting the brothel code before 0.6a comes out. I'll take a look at Noemi and Alena and try to figure out why they're bugged as I do.

The brother is closed in 0.6a

I just shed a tear T_T
StarkePT

Postby ker » Fri May 11, 2012 8:28 am

StarkePT Wrote:
ker Wrote:I'm in the process of gutting the brothel code before 0.6a comes out. I'll take a look at Noemi and Alena and try to figure out why they're bugged as I do.

I just shed a tear T_T

The brothel was closed in 0.5 as well.

Well let me clarify. When you're doing the 0.4 and prior content the brothel will be open (and hopefully working far better than before). But when you enter Corsix leading into 0.5 content you pull all of your slaves out of it and there hasn't been any opportunity to put them back in so far, and will not be until 0.6c.

ker

Postby StarkePT » Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 am

ker Wrote:
StarkePT Wrote:

I just shed a tear T_T

The brothel was closed in 0.5 as well.

Well let me clarify. When you're doing the 0.4 and prior content the brothel will be open (and hopefully working far better than before). But when you enter Corsix leading into 0.5 content you pull all of your slaves out of it and there hasn't been any opportunity to put them back in so far, and will not be until 0.6c.

OH, so basically, you just mean that you won't be able to get back to the Brother unless you start over right?
StarkePT

Postby iamnuff » Fri May 11, 2012 5:22 pm

speaking of the brothel, i remember thinking that the amount of money you get from having girls in there is tiny,

less than you get from a single random battle even.

i know its not supposed to be a lot, but still, it should be a noticable amount (100-200gp each?)
iamnuff

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm

100-200 gp per girl per level, I'd say. Level-ups are pretty damn rare, so I'd estimate that the highest amount of gold you'd get from the brothel would be around 6000 gp. That's not all too much.
Zeus Kabob

Postby ker » Fri May 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Both Alena and Noemi's brothel interaction have been fixed in dev copy. Was looking at the wrong variable with one, and the other one I started counting at 1 instead of 0.

With the new system, the brothel should also generate a bit more gold. Although the game does mention that you won't be earning much until the rich Ratan merchants start visiting again, and they were blocked out until you entered Corsix.

ker

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects